She's not my sister

By BOMask

Harley and Alix are two girls forced to live together and act like sisters since their parents decided to rem... More

Chapter 1 - Never
Chapter 2 - Deal with it
Chapter 3 - Jealous
Chapter 4 - Crash
Chapter 5 - Forget it
Chapter 6 - What did not happen
Chapter 7 - Can't help it
Chapter 8 - Tease and pretend
Chapter 9 - No talking
Chapter 10 - Secret
Chapter 11 - More acting, less thinking
Chapter 12 - Not out but about
Chapter 13 - Behind closed doors
Chapter 14 - Sneaky Spiders
Chapter 15 - No eggs for me
Chapter 16 - Homework
Chapter 17 - Best worst news
Chapter 18 - Sleepy whispers
Chapter 19 - One day
Chapter 20 - Ends and beggings
Chapter 21 - Papers
Chapter 22 - Come cleaner
Chapter 23 - Need
Chapter 24 - Run away
Chapter 25 - No fuel
Chapter 26 - Snake and change
Chapter 27 - No rest
Chapter 28 - Get out, stay in
Chapter 29 - Can't do this anymore
Chapter 30 - Move on
Chapter 31 - Substitutes
Chapter 32 - Say it
Chapter 33 - Again
Chapter 34 - Deals
Chapter 35 - Well behaved?
Chapter 36 - It's so hard
Chapter 37 - It changes nothing
Chapter 38 - Competition
Chapter 39 - Trust
Chapter 40 - Messages
Chapter 41 - (Un)breakable
Chapter 42 - Left to do what's right
Chapter 43 - Player 3
Chapter 44 - Headaches
Chapter 45 - P(l)ayback
Chapter 46 - We stay together
Chapter 47 - Don't press play
Chapter 48 - Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 49 - Revelations
Chapter 50 - Heroes And Villains
Chapter 51 - Fight And Flee
Chapter 52 - Don't Give Up On Her
Chapter 53 - Not As Planned
Chapter 54 - The Calm Before
Chapter 55 - The Storm (Part 1)
Chapter 56 - The Storm (Part 2)
Chapter 57 - Who Won?
Chapter 58 - Family First
A/N
A/N and a photo of a cucumber (updated)
Chapter 59 - Outcomes
A/N
Chapter 61 - The gang (part 2)
Important A/N
Chapter 62 - New chapters, old tales

Chapter 60 - The gang (part 1)

1.8K 47 10
By BOMask

"I'll still be here stickin' with you
Whether you lift me up
Or whether you're takin' me down
Baby, I'll still be here stickin' with you"

Liam's P.O.V.

- "No, I can't now. It's better if I stay for a while and give some support to Harley and Alix. I swear all of this is so messed up. Not only their situation, but also everything that happened to Claire and how everything is connected... I'm not even sure of what's real anymore. It's like everything and everyone around me is living in some kind of movie or book and they're all just characters. But at least I know you're real, just Kelly..." I ranted on the phone with Kelly. She'd been asking me to go meet her at the hostel but I don't think I'd be capable of going and relaxing when all this shit is happening around me.

- "Yeah, you know me.... just... good old Kelly. Nothing more than that..." She responded almost like she was keeping in something.

- "Is everything okay Kells?" I asked concerned.

She took a bit to respond but cleared her throat eventually.

- "Liam, I have to tell you somethi-"

Just then I received a call from Harley.

- "Wait, Kells, I have to answer another call, can we talk later?" I asked cutting whatever sentence she was saying, short.

- "Yeah, but-"

- "Sorry kells, I really, really have to get this. I miss ya. Talk to you soon." I said in a rush and answered Harley's call.

- "Liam?"

- "Hey Harley, what's up? Everything good?" I asked genuinely wanting to know.

She breathed out before answering.

- "Yeah, just.. a lot of weird shit happening at the same time and not enough answers. Either way, that's not what I was calling about."

I agreed silently with her.

- "Tell me then."

- "I wanted to ask you... something." She said a bit, nervous?

- "Yes Harley, anything."

- "Are you and June okay? Like are you talking to one another or just completely avoiding each other? Like if you had to be in the same place as her would it be okay?" She asked several questions in a row, afraid I'd probably stop her and say something she didn't want to hear.

I thought about it for a second, would I be okay? I mean, I wouldn't actively hang out with June alone at the moment, things are still,... fresh, but I wouldn't leave if she was in the same place as me.

- "Why do you ask?" I asked before answering her questions.

- "Well, honestly, me and Alix need some normality back in our lives. I was wondering if we could hang out, like all of us, maybe even try and do Alix's birthday party. But not really a party, just like a small get together with some food and drinks and conversation and I don't know, board games or something." She responded, I could tell she was desperate to be able to just do something normal and simple.

I didn't hesitate in saying yes. If I have to spend some hours in the same room as my ex to help my friends being mentally sane, I will. No problem.

- "Of course. That's a good idea. It will help bring things back to normal, a little bit, I guess." I responded.

- "Great, thanks Liam, I'll speak with the rest of the guys. Is tonight ok for you? At the cottage. I'll send you the address." She said and I instantly nodded.

- "Yup. See ya there. I'll get Alix a cake as well so don't worry about that!" I said getting up to find my keys so I could leave the house to buy stuff for tonight. It's not like I have anything else to do. And I can get Alix a gift as well maybe, God knows she needs some sanity these days.

- "You're the best Liam. Thank you. Love ya man." She said and I could hear Alix's voice in the back saying something to her.

- "No problem, love ya sis." I responded with a chuckle and we both said bye before she hung up.

Ok, at least now I have something to do.

______________________________________

Harley's P.O.V.

I hung up the phone call with Liam almost as soon as Alix arrived with our ice cream cones.

- "Here baby, Dark Chocolate and raspberry. Just like you like it." She said and gave me the ice cream accompanied with a sweet kiss.

I took both with a smile but after some minutes, worry overwhelmed me.

- "Alix, love, are you sure you're okay? I mean, the letter had a lot to process." I said as I took her free hand in mine.

She breathed out forcefully before turning to me.

- "I don't know, I'm not okay but I'm not not okay. Even though that letter did have a lot to process, at least it answered some things. And at least now I know were to get my answers if I want them. About.. Ruby, well, testifying would be the right thing to do, but I don't know if I'm ready to face her knowing all I know now." She responded honestly.

I squeezed her hand.

- "I understand what you're saying. And you shouldn't do anything you don't want to do. Take your time and do things when you're ready, or not at all, you decide babe. I'll be here for you, by your side, no matter what." I responded with a reassuring smile.

Alix smiled softly as well.

- "Who were you talking to on the phone?" She asked, changing the subject.

- "Liam, I was wondering if we could do something with the gang tonight. I mean, I think we need something normal for a change." I said like I hadn't had a taste of normal for ages.

She nodded besides me.

- "Sure, why not? I miss them and it would be fun to have them around for a while." She responded.

Good, cause I hope she's okay with what I'm going to ask next.

- "And... do you think it would be okay if I invited Matt and Claire, I bet they need this as much as we do." I asked forcefully trying to deviate my gaze from her. I knew Alix and Claire had talked about things, but it was all so glossed over by everything that was happening at the moment that I didn't know if she was okay with actually being around her.

She simply shrugged her shoulders.

- "Well, yes, but.... Harley, I'm ashamed." She confessed and stopped walking. Looking at the ground.

I had a confused expression on my face.

- "What? Why?" I blurted out.

- "Harley, I treated that girl like shit and she was being blackmailed by my mother and sister. She got beaten, raped, kidnapped and almost died because of someone related to me and I treated her like she was the villain. Her and her brother were the biggest victims of my mother and I feel so ashamed that I will never be able to apologize for all of it or make it up to her, make her pain and trauma go away." She responded with a tear threatening to leave her eye.

I cupped her face with my free hand.

- "Alix, none of that is your fault. I mean, first of all, you are not like Emily or Ruby and you had no idea of what was going on. It was impossible to know. It's such an unbelievable situation. And second of all, when you were mean to Claire she was trying to get that reaction from you. Even if she was being manipulated you had no way of knowing that. So I know she doesn't blame you for anything." I responded seeing her tears flow down her face and cleaning them with my thumb.

She simply nodded before looking at both our ice creams with a pout and and breathing out before she resumed her crying.

- "What is it now?" I asked still rubbing her cheek.

- "Our ice creams are going to melt because of my stupid crying episode." She said in a small voice and I couldn't help but laugh.

I detached myself from her and put the ice cream to my mouth while she simply looked at me. I took a lick at it and smiled.

- "Better?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded.

- "Better." She responded starting to eat her ice cream as well.

We walked around for another half an hour and I texted Luna telling everyone to come, including Claire and I also texted June. Pleading her to come even tho Liam would be there.

After a while I asked Alix if she wanted to step by the mall to get some groceries and I would take advantage of the time we were there to actually get her a gift or something.

______________________________________

Matt's P.O.V

- "Yeah Luna, I'm with Claire and her brother." I responded with a smile talking on the phone with my sister.

- "Yeah I didn't even get a chance to talk to you yesterday when you came home. You went to pick him up with Claire yesterday right?" She asked.

I looked at Claire and Zack who were just laughing on the couch as Zack gobbled up a bowl of cereal. He would probably love Leo. They seem to have the same stomach capacity. Even tho I understand why Zack would be so starved. It's not like he could have sugary cereal when he pleased when he was locked up. He was so appreciative of everything since he was let out of jail. It really puts things into perspective for people who never went through anything like this.

Besides that, he made Claire happy,  very very happy. They were soulmates and I could see it as soon as I saw them together.

She has been better since he got back. Smiling more at least. But it hasn't been easy. I've spent every day with her besides yesterday night. I wanted to let her and Zack have some sibling time and even though she really wanted me to stay with them, I decided it would be a good idea to go home for the night and give them space.

Luna was just telling me Harley had invited us to a small get together with just the gang and I think that would be a very good idea, but Claire, I don't know. I don't know if she's ready, she plays strong but only I know how hard it's been on her. The night terrors every night accompanied by screams and sweating are constant, she constantly has her mind somewhere else and the tears are continuous most days.

At times I could take her mind off of it, but she's far away from okay. Hopefully Zack being back will help her with healing cause their parents really are just the most horrible people. They don't care a bit about the both of them. After they knew about everything that had happened, instead of being here for them they literally sent them money, more fucking money. But both Claire and Matt just really wanted a supportive family.

- "Yeah, I did. She's happy about it and I'm happy she's happy. By the way, do you think I can bring Zack along? If they are in the mood to even go I mean." I asked Luna.

- "Oh Matt, I never thought you'd be such a cuddly puppy when you're in love. It's very very weird. But cute. About Zack I think you should text Harley, but I'm sure she'll be fine, you know her." She responded making me roll my eyes but smile at the same time. I mean she wasn't wrong.

- "Yeah, yeah, enough with that Luna tuna. I'll text Harley." I responded knowing she hated when I called her that. She hated that nickname.

- "Why must you remember me of that every time Matty? You're mean! Bye!" She responded pretending to be actually mad and hung up.

I chuckled after she turned off the phone, remembering when we were young we used to have a cat called "dog" that loved Luna so much that he spent all the time grooming her with it's raspy little tongue, making her smell like tuna all the time.

I took the time to text Harley and she immediately responded that both her and Alix would very much like to meet Zack.

I turned my attention back to Claire and Zack and went to them in the living room.

They both looked at me when I got close.

- "Luna called, Harley wants to get the gang together today to have a chill kickback and also to compensate Alix's birthday not being celebrated, but we don't have to go if you guys don't want to. I understand completely." I said already knowing they'd probably wouldn't be interested.

Claire looked between me and Zack. Zack seemed interested. I understand he'd like some normal human interaction with other people our age.

He simply shrugged his shoulders as so to say "why not?" And looked back at Claire.

Claire seemed nervous but asked.

- "You 2 want to go?" To both me and Zack.

Zack nodded his head yes and Claire looked at me. I mean, I think it would be cool but Claire's comfort comes first and I don't know if she is comfortable enough to be around people already.

- "Do you want to go? I mean, would you be comfortable if we did?" I asked Claire.

She thought for a second.

- "I'm just a bit anxious about all the questions and conversations that this can lead to. We haven't really hung out after that day at the hospital. I don't know if I'm ready to face Harley and Alix specially." She said and bit her nails.

- "Well, they were the ones who invited us, including Zack, so I don't think they have any sort of problem with you. On the contrary, I believe it would be good for you to just, resolve things. But if you don't want to I understand babe." I said softly. I didn't want to push her to do anything.

- "No, you know what? Let's go. It will be fun." She responded after a second.

______________________________________

Alix's P.O.V.

Me and Harley were at the mall getting some snacks for later and we'd eat some dinner here.

- "Everyone is coming tonight. June was hard to convince but no one can say no to Harley." She said with a smug smile.

I chuckled at her cute smugness.

- "So you're talking about yourself in the 3rd person now? God, this really did a number on us. Do you think they have rooms with king size beds at the asylum?" I asked with a smile and adoring eyes.

I was so in love with Harley sometimes I catch myself smiling at everything she does. This moment was the first since everything happened that felt sane and normal and all that was once again because I had her.

- "If they don't do you think they at least have straitjackets for two? I mean, I wouldn't mind being stuck with my baby forever." She responded with a silly smile and hugging me tightly to replicate her vision.

After a bit more laughter I turned a bit more serious.

- "Harley, thank you. You've been amazing and I know how much you've been trying. I really really am lucky for having you." I said with a mile still on my face.

She smiled back at me and took my hand.

- "Well I hope you really believe that lucky thing cause one day when I'm wrinkled up and can't hear the tv unless the volume is on max, you might regret it. So don't forget baby, you're stuck with me." She responded with a wink.

I smiled at the thought.

- "Good." I simply said.

After that we resumed our visit to the mall always laughing and saying stupid shit. We bought some snacks and drinks and after that Harley left me alone to go to the bathroom while I waited on the massive line at the supermarket, I wasn't thrilled about it, but she didn't take that long so yeah...

We decided to eat dinner at the mall and head to the cottage after and the guys would meet us there.

______________________________________

A/N

A wise woman once said, "If 't be true thy cucumb'r is actually cake, drinketh some wine and wend on the int'rnet claiming ev'ry mistress is p'rfect and men art unimp'rtant beings" and I think that's perfect.

Thank you and don't drink and wattpad.

Post scriptum: The wise mistress in questioneth is I, thy writ'r

I have no idea if any of you will understand whatever the fuck I just wrote, I know I don't, but I'm tired, it's 5 in the morning and my insomnia is keeping me awake so deal with with. I dealt with it with a Shakespearean author's note, I don't make the rules, my mom does. So yeah. Break a leg or something . Say hi to your distant cousin, yes  the one you're weirdly and uncomfortably mildly attracted to because you have daddy/mommy issues and over compensated with random shit like this, say hi to them for me.

That's all folks, love ya guys! Don't commit incest!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.5K 29
It's not impossible to love a broken soul. But it takes a lot of time and patience. Inspired by : *. Take Me Home - Jess Glynne Alex is not your ordi...
89.2K 2.4K 57
Noa Carter, everyone knows her name, she has the money and she has the looks, her parents happen to be the head of school so she has the power. She's...
5.1K 180 16
Sometimes life is seems to play with you more than you think. When all you want is to love and to be loved. But when you fell for someone that your...
129K 4.4K 32
gxg- Y/n and her sister Cady, take on something more difficult than the African wilderness. High school