||~~Tere Bin Na Lage Mera Man...

By suryavni

A tale of love lost and found.. More

Prologue
Character sketch
A Stellar realignment
Unexpected encounters
A Dream come true?
Hockey stick or feather ?
Clash - Of emotions ?
Mishti - Reliving Memories
Melting ice.
Nature's upheavals and a tragedy
An Intimate Night Vigil
The Sand in his fist
A Sweet torment.
A tumultuous journey
Abode of love & care
A New Complicacy
Playing truant..
An impromptu Date ??!!
The Perfect Plans !
Her Gift..Her Silent Gift..
Tendrils of love.
Eternally yours...
Love tantrums..
Silent Agonies..
Cute Apologies and Reconciliation
Her Anchor
Closing in the distances
Emotional Undercurrents.
Family Fun..
Partner in Crime & Care
Friend for Life - Brother for Life
Shattered Dreamscapes
The Pain YOU Hide In YOUR Eyes.
Take MY Heart.. It's YOURS !
A Prank , Reunion & Heartbreak
The Fire & The Ice
An Early Morning tete-a-tete
No Hiding The Fragnance Of Love
Nanu...The COOLEST Rajvansh!!!
The Melding Of Two Souls
Blues and Bliss
Chill of the Past & Warmth of his Love
Ingenuity At It's Best
Cozy Beginnings
Bromance in the truest sense
MINE...In Every Way..!
Best laid Plans....!
Love Capital.......
The Tender Crescendo Of Passion
Surprises Galore..!!
Healing Of A Deep Rift..
The Ripple Effect...
Kaleidoscopic Heart - Broken.. yet Apiece.
The Sublime Love making & Subtle Deception
Festivities and Forgings..
Parallel Truths
Whirlwind And Her Sanctum
Confronting & Making Peace .!!
' Déjà vu '
The Sacred Weave..
Malicious intent
The Spark..!!
The Curve Ahead..!
The silent loud shattering- Heartbreak
A leap for love

The Smoke without a Fire

597 56 4
By suryavni

Abir wondered for the millionth time why he was going to face the guaranteed torture head on..

But Piya....he owed her this much..This prestigious project was their brainchild and poor girl.... he must have put her through a really hard time for his normally business driven friend  to yell at him.....

"Abir...you can't deny me anything at this point....I have been shuttling between home and hotel for God knows how many times...for months ....haven't had a decent , relaxing meal all this time.. neither at home with Mom's bickering and here with you .......God..!! I pity the girl you will marry someday.... Make sure your lifesize photo is fitted onto your bedroom wall then so that she won't forget your face ......and why...why are you doing this to me.....you know my ambition.....and you want me to burn out ...."

"Piya .... I am so...sorry......" he had tried to calm her .....

"No you are not sorry now but if you don't cut slack on work you are going to be....and I want to give my brother a boost if I can have best of both worlds...his shows are getting recognition in US...he wants his name here too...and it's mutual benefit and added bonus for us.."

She had gone on and on about Neil's shows and was pressing him to view some.The one she showed him has been his Achilles heel..and it was playing on loop ....

Branding every nuances into his brain...and now to watch more. Can't...

"Okay !."

"Okay? Really...Wow...!! "

Piya rubbed her hands in excitement.

"I am looking forward to meet Mishti properly.....you know what.?...now that my good for nothing brother has kinda established himself in his field he can give a thought or two about committing himself ....

Abir...don't you think they  look good together...?"

Her words grated in Abir's ears..

What? Mishti and Neil... Never..!

"No...!!"

His reply was abrupt and made Piya to stiffen a bit.....

"I mean....you know ....I think You only told Umm Kunal........"

He tried to explain in vain....

"Hmm... Kunal..." a frown appeared on her forhead....

"I don't actually believe they are an item ....sort of protective or may be over protective friend ......as you are ...may be that's all between them .Why don't you ask Kunal......I think  anything happening between them is as far fetched as  some thing happening between us

She patted his shoulders..

" Yeah...and what's going on with Jacques..may I ask..?"

Abir asked diverting her attention,

" Basic flirting boy...you don't know that.."

Piya winked at Him as Abir smiled.. relieved at the diversion... from HER...

****

The inauguration of Rajvansh hotel complex was to be a grand event.

The Evening starting with "Eve & Tal" hosting and performances.. and a buffet afterwards...

 Jacques wanted to throw a private party the day before inauguration to celebrate their collaboration.

Abir was totally busy in overseeing the business side with Jacques.. and was kept in dark about certain developments..

 Piya did the arrangements with Neil. Neil had sent his  event team before hand..and they were transforming the voluminous banquet hall into the event venue.

*****

Abir took the staff elevator straight to his penthouse suite .He had set up his office there to deal with his business ..and with all arrangements being made by Piya and of course Neil he could very well concentrate on the problem at hand..

He brushed off the wierd feeling he was having from the morning..He haven't seen Piya yet..but that's okay..Mark will update him with the preparations..

Absently he rubbed his wrist...to run his fingers on the bracelet...then realized that it was not there....

A familiar but unidentifiable feeling was nagging him..

Mark was already ready with his schedule..

Abir took it and looked at Mark..who too was not himself..

" What's it Mark..? Everything okay with the arrangements na..any word from Neil..?"

" Yeah Neil sir and the team arrived last night and are already onto work"

Abir frowned.

Neil was here .! His team too..!

His questioning glance to Mark went unanswered as Mark hastily handed him the files to be signed and sent over to New York.

Abir was in two mind..

He wanted to ask Neil why would he do a thing like taking in Mishti as a model..

But he couldn't find fault with Neil either.His friend was open about how he visualized Mishti..

Is she here with him...?

The thought passed through an electric pulse across his brain...

And reverberated along every grain of his being..

Mark who was observing Abir discreetly was well aware of his thought process....

" I'll call Neil sir here.." he said abruptly.

Abir nodded brusquely and turned his attention to the files..his mind already in a flux..

As Mark was about to make the call to Neil .....Piya came in with Neil himself.

" Neil... you are here already.. welcome ."

Abir hugged him as Neil smiled and opened his arms instead of  shaking hand.

" Well ...our motto is dedication. Just 3 days for preparations so thought of starting early..

And congratulations bro .. awesome amazing beautiful complex...and to bag the Là Paris deal..cherry on top of the cake... congratulations.."

Abir gave a measured smile..as Piya interjected.

" Do find time to say some good words to your sis too if you have done gushing over Abir..humesha sideline karthe ho Tum mujhe.."

Neil side hugged Piya mouthing a thanks..

Abir shifted on his stand looking impatient ..

" Okay then..Mark is waiting for me ..you  continue and don't hesitate to demand anything..."

Abir said to Neil as Neil was leaving..

" Umm..you said rest of the team...is Mishti with you?.."

Neil couldn't lie outright when Abir asked him directly..

" Not yet..she is busy doing the final rehearsals.will join us later..And about that ...I know you told me to be patient..but when I asked her she was quite happy with the offer."

Abir nodded brusquely.. wanting to know more but stopping himself ..

" Okay then ..see you around.."

Neil nodded sensing Abir's weird behavior..

And now clearly seeing the changes from the Abir he met 6 months back..

He turned to Piya..

" Is everything okay with you two...yeh itna grumpy kyun hein.."

*****

Kunal had univocally declared that he would be accompanying Mishti and Kuhu with the talent team..

A day ahead of the event...and Meenakshii and Rajshri agreed on that happily..as Meenakshii and Parul could only come Toronto on the eve of the function.

Mishti was dreading every second they were in the flight... Of course she was obstinate just to prove Abir that she can be on her own and forgot about the flight to Toronto....now that Kunal and Kuhu knew her fright both of them had supported her ..

Mark had welcomed them and after a nights rest she was  onstage ... finalising the nuances of the performance..

Now as she tuned herself into the music she felt an odd content...the restlessness of past months fading away..as if her soul had found its contentment..

They had planned a short traditional opening tribute and a more palatable salsa for the guests..and a showstopper highlighting the salient features of Rajvansh and La Paris endeavor to the world..

She felt as if a cool breeze soothing her as she did the steps with the dancers ..

Not at all aware of the misted molten golden eyes...looking at her with such a devotion..

❣️❣️

Abir stood at the hall window... quenching his months long thirst of having her around and seeing her...

He was not ready to face her...only to revisit the agonies he went through...

But badly wanted to go to her and feel more of the comfort he was getting just by looking at her..

Suddenly some one hugged him from behind..a tight embrace..

,"Bhai..I missed you so much.."

Nanko..

" Nanko..tum toh Kal aanewale the..."

Abir asked surprised..but then it hit him..

Mishti..!

" Haan Bhai..lekin Mishti Aur Kuhu  ko aaj yahaan aana tha na..toh Maine socha.."

"Kuhu bhi hei..?."

"Haan Bhai..woh wahaan..intern bol rahi hein apne aapko..". 

Abir looked at the group arranging the hall..

Kuhu giving directions...he hadn't noticed her..all his focus was on Mishti..

" Umm.. okay.. let's go to them.."

Abir readied himself to face her...

"Bhai..abhi nahi..aapne donon ko dekh liya heina...mein  aapko Kuhu se milwata hoon...lekin Mishti se aap ab shaam ko party mein mil lena..

Kya heina..mujhe aap donon pe..aap Aur Mishty par ithu sa bhi bharosa nahi Hein...kahi pe bhi jhagadthe ho..kisi bhi baat pe jhagadthe ho.. public mein hoga toh Shayad woh bhi chup rahe..okay.."

Abir nodded relieved that his face off with her just got postponed..

***"*

"Mishti you look amazing....!!!"

Kuhu gushed as Mishty came into her room..

"thanks Kuhu.....and you too look stunning...."

" Woh tho mein hoo hi..

Mishti hugged her  and helped her with her straps...

"Waise tujhe dekh ke toh sab fida ho jaayenge.shayad hua bhi hoga...I mean mujhe na Tumse zyada baat Hui nahi in sab ki chakkar mein...college mein toh Tum Cha gayi hogi na...koi ladka...uhmm??"

Mishti''s fishing brought a low blush onto Kuhu's face....
"nothing much Mishti....studying ...making friends...Kethu and me are just chilling.."

"Hmm...chilling...thats what that blush is about huh? right ....hmm...Kunal..abhi Tak ready nahi hua kya.....?"

A knock on the door turned their attention.

Mishti opened the door and Neil stood there..

"Hey pretty lady..and ready to slay...you look ravishing.."

Neil smiled and pulled Mishti into a side hug..

" Stop flirting Neil.."

Mishti laughed as Neil shrugged as if to say he can't help it..

" You too beautiful... your kuhuness is awesome today.."

He looked at Kuhu and whistled..

Kuhu was a bit taken aback by Mishti''s comfort with Neil.. but smiled and bowed at Neil's comment.

" I am here to take my leading lady ,Chale Mishti..?"

Mishti looked at Kuhu.. as if to ask her if it was okay for her to go...

Kuhu . nodded but.... stopped Mishti..

" Abir bro..! .tum chup rehna okay...I know tumhara Aur unka equation kuch theek nahi Hein...well it was never okay as far as I knew both of you.. Dadi ne tujhe yaad karane ko kaha Hein ki  naaraz hona theek Hain lekinn jhagadna theek nahi hein..."

Mishti looked at Kuhu....trying to mask her shiver at his thought...and nodded..

" I will try....best thing would be to keep my distance..and obviously he is the guest of honor...he won't notice me today..Tum Kunal ke saath hi aana"

A shadow passed over Kuhu's face as Mishti mentioned Kunal..

Of course  she is over her infatuation ...she tried to snuff out the sharp prick whenever she encountered a scene of togetherness between Mishti and Kunal..

Many times she wanted to ask Mishti what was going between them....and always dreaded the answer...Kunal looked besotted with Mishti and Mishti was always all praises for Kunal ..like all the time...if she didn't know about their childhood bond she could be sure that both were in love...

but things are not always as easy as we think....she sighed ....and called out to Mishti..

" Mishti .. take care and keep cool.. ..As of Kunal I am going to drag him out real soon!"

She heard an answering chuckle as she turned and felt goose bumps all over her ....

"Well well Kuhu..you want to drag me out somewhere ....at your services ma'm"

She told herself repeatedly.....he can charm me as he like but no way she will go back there.....

"Thank God ! Tum ready ho?? you must have made a new record Kunal ...how did you manage to get out dressed in such a short time...?.and look...so so.okay okay !"

"Now as you see ..I did manage that feat.... ..now beautiful ...till the venue I am your man....so hold on to me...."
Kunal  grinned and bowed in fashion.

Kuhu looked at his extended hand with confusion...

Kunal''s sudden attention was making her giddy...

But  faked a frown to  show her disapproval as he took her hand in his and held it in a firm grip.

****

Mishti didn't want to come to this party...but she couldn't be rude either..

It was Piya who extended the invitation on behalf of Jacques...and Kuhu and Kunal looked excited at the sound of a party..and the fact that Abir did not find it necessary enough to come even to just say a hi.. even though he knows they are here...grated upon her..

As they walked out of elevator..apprehension hit her hard ..and Neil looked at her quizzically..

" Afraid of Abir right? You know what..the first person whom I discussed you as a model was Abir...and he was clear that it will always be your Decision..and we cleared the air too..so you can enjoy the party.."

" Abir approved?."

Mishti was shocked..as her eyes flew to Neil's in disbelief..

" Yeah..so chill.."

" We got some other differences too Neil..let me in and I'll keep myself occupied okay..no need to hang with me...you may be knowing many  people here.."

"Umm.. about that.. you know I value our friendship too much to do anything to harm it..but I kinda need a favor..."

Mishti looked at him confused.

" Ahem...it's awkward..but..Piya now having hitched herself to Abir ...has some notion of shipping us together. And if I don't comply my sister is going to make things awkward for you ..Its water through ducks back for me ..but might be embarrassing for you.."

Mishti looked at Neil bewildered...

" But.."

" Just today and of course tomorrow's event..just to put her off track.."

Neil's request looked harmless to her...and she too needed an ally to have her back this evening...

" Not sure Neil ...no complications right.? I am not going inside if you are pulling a prank on me."

"No prank I swear and I will help you with Abir too...deal.."

Mishti nodded... thankful for his understanding..

" So let's go and slay..."

Neil laughed and took her hand as they reached the party venue..

As she entered the open lawn subtly lit .. bounded by wall length bushes forming a small maze.. she felt the prickling sensation...she tightened her hold on to Neil's arm .

Kunal and Kuhu were coming up and Kuhu's confused look on seeing Mishti''s intimacy with Neil was reflected on Kunal''s..

Piya who was amidst a few guests spotted Neil and Mishti''s entry and with a thrilled expression welcomed them..

" Wow...you both look stunning together..and this dress looks awesome on you Mishti..I am sure it is Neil's selection.. right?"

Mishti choked at the brutally direct way Piya bracketed Neil and her ..

Neil murmured into her ear..

" Subtle as a bull.   see !"

Mishti recovered fast and smiled on..

"Thank you ..you too look gorgeous.."

Pita flaunted her outfit approving Mishti''s comment..

"Now before Mishti get everyone's attention I would like to have a word with her ..so bro please step away...."

Mishti gave a trapped look to Neil . He responded with a helpless shrug..

" Oo..okay."

And signalled her to stay put behind Piya's back.

"Mishti..."

Piya smiled at Mishti..and held her hand..

" Thanks for supporting Neil..he is good ..I know ..but not that good without you.."

Mishti tried to smile at this compliment.

" You are absolutely wrong..he is a good man..and hard-working too...all credit should be where it should belong..."

" Happy to know that too...ok..now that I have seen both of you....I feel good...enjoy the evening."

***

Abir knew the moment she was at the entrance..

His eyes flew to her even though Jacques was talking to him..

And he saw the way Neil bent to her cheek..

Hot coal of jealousy burned in his eyes as he looked at their interaction..

His eyes searched for Nanko and saw him come in with Kuhu...both looking at Mishti and Neil..faces clouded...

Nanko is hurt..!

His eyes trained back at Mishti who was now with Piya...

And absently downed the vodka shots Jacques handed him... toasting their collaboration.

****

Mishti rubbed her  bare arm as she tried to shake the feeling of being watched.

Neil walked to her with Kuhu and Kunal.

"Don't drink any thing any one gives you except me and  Kunal okay....and Kuhu stay with Kunal...it's an order."

 Kunal nodded in agreement..

Champagne bottle was opened by Jacques and toast was made for every person who worked hard for making tomorrow happen.Abir stood by his side masking his inner fury...

Mishti moved along Neil and time passed as she smiled ,made polite conversations 

Till Neil pulled her into his arms..... murmering into her ears..

" Piya coming to us ...how about a prank on her ...."

Before she could understand or reply Neil swirled her and drew her into his arms ....a little more intimate way.....

"Neil...!."

"Don't worry I am not making a pass on you Mishti.....just riling up my sis....we remain friends..."

"uh..but..."

"Wow.....you two look much cozy .. brother.."

Piya giggled and patted Neil's arm as Mishti slowly disengaged herself from him.....

"Mishti...you don't know how happy I 

am to see you with him....

I regret that we never had time to get together ...that moron kinda had me stashed up in a room all these days..."

Piya tilted her face in sideways direction and Mishti looked that way......

Her knees weakened and her heart fluttered uncontrollably.....

Abir was standing a few feet away looking absolutely dashing .!!!

As their eyes met she literally saw Sparks in his eyes..

Unable to hold the stand she turned back abruptly .

Painfully aware that his eyes bored into her.

"Hi.. Mishti.."

His voice....the deep resonance of it curled her toes.......

"Hi Abir...so how long till the next exile with my crazy sis...."

Abir looked at Neil and then to Kunal taking in the confusion at Mishti''s actions.

" Well she'll be managing this beauty for a while..." 

His eyes were still on Mishti..

" You both are enjoying the evening..?."

His impersonal question irked Mishti..and in an urge to move away from him she replied..

" Yeah it's great place.. congratulations Abir.. this is indeed a beauty..as for enjoying..yeah we are... c'mon Neil.. let's join them.."

Mishti tugged Neil lightly to the center of the lawn where soft music was playing..and handful of people were dancing...

".Neil....can we dance....."

"Of course .....darling..."

Neil had looked at her with amusement and added the last bit for his sister's benefit .

"Excuse us ... Mishti really enjoys dancing...you two too come on ...."
Neil winked at the group wickedly as he steered Mishti to the dancing arena....

Mishti who already regretted her impulsive words could only see the  startled expression on Kunal''s face , Kuhu's bewildered look , delight in Piya's and the cool stony look of the molten golden  eyes.....spewing contempt...!

*****

Kunal looked at Mishti and Neil dancing to the slow music as Piya dragged  Abir too for a twirl..

"This is  unlike Mishti .Ise Kya hua hein...."
Kunal put his hand on his temple in an act of frustration.....

Kuhu looked at him in concern..

She too was baffled by Mishti''s sudden change.

"Kya Kar Rahi hein yeh Mishti"

She voiced her confusion to Kunal..

"uh... I got a feeling that Mishti has taken a liking to Neil....see..."

Kuhu's 's eyes bulged out in disbelief as she saw the way  Neil and Mishti were dancing at a corner.....

"No... Never...!!!... Mishti won't do it to you..ever..!!"

It was Kunal who was taken aback by this vehement denial from Kuhu...

"What ..the ."

But was cut by Kuhu's words.....

"Please Kunal....you must not think like that..... Neil  is a good man.....he is our boss for now ...that's all....she loves you and you must have faith in the one you love right ...."

Kunal blinked his eyes in confusion and disbelief.....

Kuhu thought he loved Mishti!!!

His Kuhu was thinking that he was having an affair with her sis all these time....and she was defending Mishti now....!

Kuhu was still babbling ....she was disturbed by the way Neil and Mishti were acting.....how could she do this?...had this glamour and Fame got into her head so easily...how could she cast off Kunal like this.....

How he must hurt.......she knew it first hand .....the pain of losing ....and she never wished that pain for any one....

" .Kuhu.... Kuhu!!..."

Kuhu felt some one shaking her and she blinked her tear filled eyes to  Kunal's distressed face....

"Come.. with me!.." the gruff command he gave was alien to her ....but she felt her wrist clamped by his palm and followed him .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 1.4K 9
This a complete different story of two persons falling in love... What happens when a simple girl Mishti, who doesn't really believe in 'Love' meets...
42K 1.2K 22
It's a new dimension to the story of YHM from the point where Subbu reentered in Raman-Ishita's life.
175K 6.9K 32
Riansh love story ❤
34K 2.9K 28
A STORY WITH LOTS OF MYSTERIES My friend Sakshi @Sakshibangar271220 and I came up with the idea of this story together! This is really very close to...