Shattered Dreamscapes

Mishty sat dumbstruck as Kuhu's name echoed in her ears..

Her palms cupped her mouth in a shock..

Kunal could not bear to see her like that..he sat on his knees beside her..

" Mishty...I am sorry... Mujhe tumhein aise Bata Dena nahi chahiye tha...I understand..she is your sister..but you are  my best friend too na..use kuch pata nahi Hain...agar tum abhi mujhe ek chata maroge toh bhi chalega....aise..aise silent mat raho...."

Mishty was trying to understand how she missed what was just before her eyes..

The way Kunal cared for Kuhu from the beginning....

the way he included her in all his activities... planning Abir's birthday decor.. jogging sessions..

OMG the total attention to Kuhu's emotions during Badimaa's surgery..

His eagerness to take the responsibility of Kuhu for college admissions.

And lately. The way Kunal behaving around her when Kuhu was also there...!!

Kunal was waiting for her response with his worried face..

Mishty took off her specs to rub her eyes and put on the specs back..

Her face hardening all the way..

And Kunal's heart sank deep seeing her change..

" Toh yeh Sab kab se chal Raha tha tumhare dimaag mein...?? Seriously Kunal...? We live with you ..in your home...and you have such intensions for my sister..?.."

Kunal started to say something but Mishty stopped him.

"No no no.. tumhein Jo kehna tha  Maine sunliya...and you told me to react after thinking through..right...so now I will speak and you will listen..

Tumhein andaza bhi hai ki tum Kya keh rahe ho...Ghar mein kisiko pata chal Gaya is bare mein toh socha hai Kya hoga?..

Parul Massi toh...ya tujhe Ghar se nikaalega ya humein...Kuhu is bare mein jaanti hai ya nahi...yeh toh koi poochega bhi nahi..usko discredit Kiya jaayega..Kya tumne yeh Sab Socha hai??"

Kunal sat back on his knees ..his head hanging .. shaking his head dejectedly..

" And what about future..Tum corporate law karne wale ho na... tumhein idea bhi hai ki kitna hard work karna padtha Hein.. even to clear all the papers in the first attempt..? Tum independently apne businesses  ko help karna chahtha tha.. Abir ko help karna chahtha tha..Sab kaise hoga agar tum....aise .."

Mishty waved her hands pointing out the silliness of his action..and looked intently at Kunal..who was sitting still now.

" And on top of that ..you were intentionally parading the boyfriend jokes in front of me to get a reaction from her na...I can't believe you just used our friendship like that..."

That snapped Kunal from his submissive attitude with which he was taking in whatever Mishty was saying..

" Mishty..you can't say that..you Know me..I know that ..and I am not a complicated person..you get what you see...and at that time I was not looking for her response but sheilding mine with your help..you didn't take that seriously then and even now you said it to rile me up right..?"