TRUST YOU ALWAYS ✔

By thecricketgirl

₴COMPLETED₴ We all have that one person for whom we can fight the whole world. We take stand for them irresp... More

Introduction
Prologue
Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10

Part 2

3.4K 142 22
By thecricketgirl

"Sometimes friends can do things that even parents can't"

The room boy came with their food, Virat parted away from Mahi to receive the door and Mahi instantly felt empty. Virat took the tray from the boy and sent him off. He picked the bowl of soup and went to Mahi Bhai. He gently placed his hand on Mahi's shoulder, breaking his trance, and handed him the bowl and said, "Come on now, be a good boy and eat", trying to sound like Mahi and lighten the mood, but failed miserably, as Mahi looked at him blankly.

Mahi took the bowl but his hands shivered and the bowl was about to fall when Virat caught it and said, "Leave it, I'll feed you". He took the bowl from Mahi and started to feed him, occasionally having his own food. Mahi let Virat feed him thinking What he had done to get a brother like his Cheeku. Who was with him, supporting him, loving him and caring for him when the whole world was against him. 

At that point, Virat's phone ringed. It was Anushka. Wondering why she is calling so late in the night, he answered it, pressing the phone between shoulder and ear, as he continued to feed Mahi.

As soon as the call got connected, the first thing Anushka said, or rather demanded, "How is Mahi Bhai?" Virat smiled listening to the concern in her voice, she was definitely the Yin to his Yang, She knew what he was going through and seemed to share the same sentiments about the situation. Anushka adored Mahi Bhai and loved him as he loved him. So its was evident that she guessed what was happening here and was hell worried about Bhai. 

"He is ok, Nush, we are eating right now and I'm with him", assured Virat, "Nushkie, can you do one thing?"

"What?"

"Call Bhabhi and talk to her"

"I would have done that even if had not said, Vii. Don't worry, I'll call Sakshi. In fact I was planning to visit her. What do you say?"

"Perfect, You go meet her"

"Ok bye, Call me later. I'll be waiting"

"Yeah sure, Bye."

They finished having dinner and Virat tucked Mahi in the bed. He sat beside Mahi and ran an affectionate hand through his hair. Mahi instinctively leaned into the touch and snuggled closer to Virat as if it was the only thing calming him. After some time, he mumbled tentatively, "Can you please stay with me tonight?" , looking at Virat with red-rimmed, expectant eyes that made Virat want to cry. Gulping down his pain, he said, "Of course, Mahi bhai. That's not even a question". 

Mahi fell asleep after some time, with great difficulty, as Virat sat there thinking how to sort out this mess. First, he needed to make the team believe Mahi bhai. At the exact moment he thought that, Rohit followed by Jaddu, Shikhar, Bhuvi and Jinks came into the room, looking all worn out. Well, telepathy with the brothers at its best. Rohit sat on Mahi's bedside opposite to Virat, looking at Mahi with sad eyes. Virat rubbed his arm with his free hand. Their eyes met and they kind of mirrored each other. Virat looked at the others. Their condition was no better and at that point, he knew that these people, who knew Mahi bhai, who worshipped him, can never doubt him. That thought itself brought a little peace to Virat. 

"Is he okay now?", whisper-asked Rohit. They had been waiting for Virat to handle the situation as they knew he would be the best for Mahi bhai.

"Kind of" and Virat narrated all that happened from when he came to the room while the others listened in a horrified silence. They knew that all these things will affect bhai but the extent was clearly unknown to them.

Virat then voiced his worries about the kids, they needed the kids to trust Mahi bhai, if they want to sort out this mess without any further damage.

"Don't worry about the kids. We explained it to them. We told them what that Manjrekar had tried to do with our team. They understood it. So don't worry", said Jinks. While Virat was handling Mahi, the other seniors who had noticed the betrayed eyes of the kids, were trying to get them to not believe the rubbish and to trust them, their big brothers. So that was the reason they all were looking so worn out. 

Shikhar called all the kids to the room and told them the condition of Mahi bhai. The kids looked terrified but Virat assured them that he will be okay if all of them stuck together with him. 

The kids looked more determined than ever. They were determined to prove their Mahi bhai innocent, to pull him back on track, to be there for him. Well how can they trust a mere outsider over their big brothers? They would be lying if they say they didn't feel betrayed at the time all these things were shown to them but that was just for a split second. They trusted their brothers more than anything in the world.

"We'll clear his name, Virat bhaiya", spoke Kuldeep, in a very mature, un-Kuldeep like tone.

"Yes Virat, we won't let them do this to him", said Rahul.

"We are with you, Captain", said Hardik, and the others nodded their head vehemently in his support.

And Virat couldn't be more proud of his team. "Sure we will. Now listen, don't believe any rumours blindly without verifying the facts. And keep your senses alert at all times. I'm sure the outer sources will try to pit you against us, so don't be swayed by their words, okay? And keep belief in each other, we will overcome this together."

Everyone nodded positively. "Good, now go and catch some sleep. We'll have a long day tomorrow", said Virat, firmly.

The kids though reluctant, did move away from there as they understood Virat's that look. The seniors seemed rooted at their places, not able to move away. Virat knew what they were feeling. He was feeling the same. He knew nobody wanted to go away from Mahi Bhai just then. So, Virat spoke in a comforting tone, in an attempt to calm his besties,  "Guys, go and get some rest. Don't think about this now. I know you want to stay but knowing Mahi Bhai state of mind, he can get worked up if he sees you here, so come in the morning after he wakes up. We have to ensure him that we are with him, no matter what and we will do that. Don't worry. Go, and sleep".

He saw as everyone agreed, albeit a little reluctantly, but agreed. Rohit looked at Virat with a look that screamed, "Don't hesitate to call me if you need something". Virat nodded and Rohit left to do his share of planning.

Virat looked down and saw Mahi Bhai cuddled up to him like a baby, and couldn't help but feel pained. Sleep was nowhere near his eyes as he sat there thinking. No, Mahi Bhai didn't deserve this. This whole situation is so wrong. After all he has done for Indian Cricket, he does not deserve to get repaid with this. No, not at all.

Suddenly, Mahi Bhai's phone started vibrating on the side table. Yes, he had set both of their phone on vibration, lest it starts ringing and disturbs Mahi Bhai's sleep. He did not switch them off as he knew that some people will call and get worried if they don't pick up. And as expected, Mahi's phone started beeping and DADA flashed on the screen. Virat thought for a moment, took a deep breath and picked up the call and was met by the voice of a very worried Sourav Ganguly. No it was not the legend Ganguly speaking, he was Mahiya's Dada speaking hell concerned and worried for his kid.

"Hello, Mahi??"

"Hello, Dada. It's me, Virat."

"Oh!! Virat. Where is Mahi??"

"He's sleeping Dada. I'm with him", assured Virat, to a worried big brother. Now that he himself is a big brother, he knew how awful Dada must be feeling. So, he assured him that his little brother, his Mahiya was not alone.

"Dada, he'll be fine, right?", said Virat in a tearful voice, letting his façade break for the first time since all this mess started, in front of Dada. Virat had, a numerous times in the past, found himself automatically under Dada's care, being a MS Dhoni kid.

"Of course, he will Virat. He has to. Everything will be alright. We will clear his name very soon", said Dada, hiding his own worry and assuring the kid that his big bro will be okay. 

"Now listen, be strong and handle everything till I reach there. I'll reach by tomorrow. We can think about sorting out this mess together then?", said Dada comfortingly.

Virat just hummed, nodding his head, as if Dada could see through the phone.

"Good. Now stay calm and keep me updated"

"Ok Dada", said Virat and just as he was about to disconnect the call, he heard Dada say, "Take care of yourself too", making him smile a little, wondering how always his big brothers manage to make him feel better.

His hand was still, involuntarily, running through Mahi's hair. Mahi, by now had fully shifted his head on Virat's lap, so Virat couldn't move and he rested his head against the backrest and closed his eyes. He was feeling tired but couldn't sleep. 

Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door. Virat glanced at the time. 11:40. Thinking it to be one of the kids, he softly said, "Come in, the door is open". He saw as the door opened and Yuvraj Singh entered the room, a worried expression on in his face, as he looked at Mahi, sleeping all cuddled up to Virat. 

"Yuvi Paa, aap??", asked Virat, surprised to see Yuvi there at that time of the night.

"Ha Cheeku. Kya karu. Yeh sab sunne ke baad raha nhi gya mujhse", said Yuvi, "Kaisa h Mahi??", he enquired, sitting on the bed.

"Bilkul thik nhi h Yuvi Paa. He is broken. Itna toota hua kabhi nhi dekha maine bhai ko.", Virat said in a choked voice narrating everything about Bhai's condition. Yuvi hugged Virat tightly and Virat also wrapped his arms around his Yuvi Paa and let the tears which he had been holding inside for hours fall on a dependable shoulder.

Yuvi stroked Virat's back and said, "Nhi Cheeku, tu abhi toot nhi sakta. Tujhe abhi strong rehna hoga, Mahi ke liye, team ke liye, hum sab ke liye. Or mujhe poora bharosa h ki tu Dada ke saath milkar Mahi ko innocent prove karega. Main jaanta hu. Ab rona band kar ."

Virat looked up, wiped his eyes and said, "Ha Yuvi Paa, hum Mahi Bhai ko kabhi haarne nhi denge"

"Yeh hui naa baat. Chal ab so ja thik se", Yuvi said.

"Nhi Yuvi paa. Bhai bohot mushkil se soye h, agar main utha toh unki neend tut jayegi. Main aise hi so jaunga. Aap so jao", Virat replied.

Yuvi smiled at Virat thinking How much has this boy grown up, from being a starry eyed, nervous ball of energy to the fearless, straight-backed captain of ICT, from the chubby little goofball to the most dangerous batsman of the world. But one thing that remained constant is the caring little brother in him. Yuvi fondly ruffled Virat's hair and got up to sleep in the sofa-cum-bed. He looked as Virat rest his back against the wall and closed his eyes, his hand still caressing Mahi's hair. He knew Mahi will be okay. After all, he had his Cheeku by his side. Thinking so, he too fell asleep.  

--------------------------------

Finally, the second part. Tell me how it was?

Also, if anyone wants to see particular scene in the story, if you have any suggestions, then please tell me. I would love to add your personal touches to my story.

Love,

Baishali💖

P.S.: The Virat-Dada and Yuvi-Virat parts were wholly my bestie Aniksha's idea. She is not on Wattpad, but she reads the comments and proof-reads my stories from my account. So, tell her if you like those moments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.4K 17
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧....𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞...𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭...
10.7K 1.1K 15
They were once best of friends, soul brothers and each other's rocks of strength. But now there are cracks on these rocks. What happened and will it...
7.3K 292 5
Summary - It was just after the South Africa wherein Virat had announced his decision to step down from the Test Captaincy. MS had lent his support a...
51.6K 2.3K 17
What happens when our very own MSD is the rope in a tug of war. But a tug of war between whom? His bros and kiddos? This book is a work of fiction...