Change of Heart

By Reasonstosmileathome

"You're lying." Zavier spoke so low that even he barely heard his words himself. "Huh?" He picked up the vol... More

character looks
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
extra
alternate chapter 20

chapter 27

59.4K 2K 4.5K
By Reasonstosmileathome

Third person POV:

Isaac sat awkwardly at the table, not saying a word.

As soon as he had stepped foot into his house, his mom had declared that they were going over to the Reid's house for dinner, and he had to join them.

Now, he sat next to Zavier, Fanny opposite him on her phone as he stared down at the food in front of him.

Lasagne.

He hated lasagne, but he didn't know how he could express that without sounding rude.

So he stayed silent.

But Zavier watched on with an entertained smile, glancing down at Isaac's untouched food. "Isaac, aren't you going to eat that?" Zavier put on a concerned look, but Isaac glared back at him.

Mr Reid looked over from his conversation to Isaac's food, "Do you not like it?"

"No, it's really nice, I'm just not hungry, that's it." Isaac smiled, but gritted his teeth when he felt Zavier's knee dig into his thigh.

He removed his hand from his knife and moved it down by his side, and pushed Zavier's knee away from him. "Stop it." He whispered, as he felt Zavier's knee hit his thigh again.

"Great." Isaac muttered to himself when Zavier's knee didn't move, picking up his fork and poking the lasagne.

"How's school Zavier?" Isaac's mom randomly asked out of the blue.

"It's great actually. Isaac and I here have an English substitute teacher. Her name's Miss Page, and I think she's taken a real liking to Isaac-" Zavier's eyes shined with mischief, that nobody else spotted except Isaac.

"Shut up Zavier." Isaac spat, realising what was happening.

His mom turned to look at him, "Isaac Hill Jones, do not be rude." Before looking back at Zavier. "Carry on."

"Yeah, they have a tight bond I think. But Isaac, I didn't see you this morning?"

"Well I was there." Isaac lied, avoiding his mom's questioning stare.

Zavier relished in Isaac's nervousness, "Were you?"

"Yes, in fact, I was."

"What does he mean he didn't see you Isaac?" His mom eventually spoke.

"Actually." Isaac stood up, and pulled Zavier up with him. "I think I need to talk to Zavier about our English assignment." Isaac dragged Zavier out of the room, not bothering to listen to whatever else his mom wanted to say.

"Why do you never mind your own business?" Isaac shot off, glaring angrily at Zavier's smirking face.

"I was just telling your mom the truth. Where were you?"

"None of your fucking business. Stop interfering with everything I do, I don't need a guardian angel." Isaac went to leave but Zavier grabbed his hand, stopping him. "What now?"

"I just wanted to say that you looked g-" But he didn't finish the sentence as Francesca's voice cut over his.

"Why are you holding hands? Are you both gay or something?"

Neither boys had noticed her come into the hallway, but on seeing her judgmental look, they quickly pulled their hands away from each other.

"No." Isaac immediately denied, but Zavier took a more laidback response.

"And what if we were Fran? I hope you're not homophobic."

For once, Francesca seemed a bit tense, and shook her head. "No, I'm not homophobic. I was just wondering, that's all."

"Good. Now you can go back to the parents, and I'll keep quiet about your homophobic tendencies."

Francesca nodded obediently and rushed back into the dining room, not even sparing another glance at Isaac.

"What the- How the?" Isaac had no words, he had never seen Francesca be so timid before.

"Turns out my sister isn't just obsessed with you, she's transfixed with the idea of us being together." Zavier frowned.

Isaac still felt a bit uncomfortable, and not just at the idea of them being together, "Isn't that fetishizing gay people?"

Zavier's frown turned into a smile, worrying Isaac a bit, "Are you gay Isaac?"

"No." How many times were people going to assume that he was gay?

Zavier put a thumbs up, "Then no, you have nothing to worry about."

"But-" That's not what he meant, and Zavier knew that, but still played on Isaac's exasperation.

Isaac hated the way Zavier would twist his words.

"Let's go to my room." Zavier didn't wait, and already headed for the stairs, only stopping when he heard Isaac's objection again.

"But we haven't finished eating."

"Isaac you haven't eaten one thing off of your plate, and don't try to deny that. It's just my room, I won't kill you."

"Okay." He mumbled, trailing up the stairs behind Zavier, and following him into his room.

Surprisingly, Zavier's room was tidy, and Isaac couldn't help but look at the photo frames on the side table of his bed.

He had been in his room before , and recognised the photo with an about 10 year old Zavier smiling with his mom. He had lost one of his front teeth, but his smile still beamed brightly.

As Isaac's eyes wandered, he noticed a new picture, that looked like Zavier and... him?

Isaac picked up the photo frame and pointed to it, "Is that me and you?"

In the photo, they were mid high five, covered in mud, but still smiling happily. It was the day they had done some kind of mud race in grade 6 to raise money for a charity.

"Uh-" Zavier cleared his throat, "Yeah, my dad probably put it there." He grabbed the photo from Isaac, and put it face down on his desk. "Anyways, I didn't invite you up here to inspect my room."

Isaac plopped himself on the bed, "Then what did you invite me up here for? Sex?" Isaac held a straight face until he saw Zavier's alarmed eyes, and couldn't help the laugh that came out.

"Please don't tell me you thought that I was serious." He spoke between laughter, watching Zavier's face turn into one of anger.

"I didn't. Shut up." But Isaac couldn't stop the laughter that increased. "You're such a fucktard."

"Great insult." Isaac clapped mockingly. "10/10 for originality."

"I forgot how fucking annoying you are. And that makes my next sentence much harder to say but..." Zavier sighed, clasping his hands together tightly whilst Isaac looked on and waited. "Iwantustobecivilwitheachother."

"Huh?"

"I said, I want us to be friends." Zavier mumbled, staring down at his feet.

"Is this a prank?" Isaac raised a brow in suspicion but Zavier shook his head, and sat down next to Isaac.

"I just think we should be more... I don't know... friendlier with each other. It'll make things a whole lot easier." Zavier shrugged.

Isaac remained silent, truly pondering over the offer. "You're not joking right?"

"No. I'm not joking."

"Does that mean we can't insult each other?"

"Yeah... well, no, just- I guess in a jokey way, I don't know Isaac, but what do you say we try?" Zavier held out his hand to a hesitant Isaac who just peered at it. "Come on Isaac."

Isaac slowly brought his hand towards Zavier's, who gladly took and shook it.

"Perfect." Zavier stood up from the bed and walked to his desk, pulling out some sheets of paper. "As friends now, I could really use some friendly help on my homework if a friend like you were up to it."

Isaac rolled his eyes, but stood up anyways. "You're going to make me puke if you say the word friend one more time."

"Is that a friendly yes then?" Zavier cheekily smiled, making Isaac sigh, but nevertheless, he went to stand by Zavier. "What's the homework then?"

Zavier mumbled a celebratory yes under his breath, and picked up the sheets of paper and showed them to Isaac.

"Don't you understand this solving rational inequalities homework? I thought I heard you say that-"

Zavier quickly interrupted, "I don't. I really don't."

Isaac looked doubtful, but grabbed the sheets of paper anyways.

As Isaac worked, Zavier watched Isaac in fascination, occasionally agreeing to whatever he was saying.

He did understand the work, but he just didn't want Isaac to leave yet.

Only because he liked messing with Isaac sometimes.

That was it.

Nothing more than that.

Zavier had offered Isaac his desk chair, but Isaac had stubbornly refused, mumbling something about germs, so now Zavier sat on the chair whilst Isaac laid on the ground, a book underneath the work to make a stable base. The pencil tapped against the side of his face, probably forgetting it was Zavier's pencil, as he now worked silently, steel blue eyes fixed on the paper.

When suddenly, his eyes looked up, meeting Zavier's ."It'd be great if your intense staring could help finish this work, but unfortunately, it doesn't, so can you help instead of saying yes every ten seconds. This is your work an- why are you smiling?"

"I'm not." Zavier tried to frown, but it only made the smile come back stronger, so he put his hand over his mouth. "See, I'm not."

"Yeah, whatever. You're still a fucking weirdo, or am I not allowed to say that since we're friends now?" Isaac retorted, getting a middle finger back from Zavier.

Isaac then waited, to see if Zavier would come help out with his own homework, but he made no effort to move, and even had the nerve to pull out his phone.

"Asshole." Isaac muttered, but he still carried on with the work by himself, making sure to get a few additional answers wrong.

Zavier wasn't really on his phone, it was just a decoy, and from Isaac's face, it looked like it had worked. Isaac chewed his bottom lip, and would frequently glance up at at Zavier, then down again before writing.

15 minutes later, Isaac announced he was done, turning to lay on his back now.

Zavier stood up and collected the homework from him, "Thanks." And placed it on his desk; he would probably have to review what Isaac wrote, just in case.

Isaac was now on his phone, but Zavier wasn't enjoying the silence, wanting some laughs, when an idea came to his head, "Let's play truth or dare."

Isaac stopped scrolling on his phone, and turned to look at Zavier, "No." Then carried on scrolling.

Zavier was not going to take no for an answer, so walked to where Isaac was, and grabbed the phone out of his hands. "You need to be more social, therefore this phone is now under my supervision until I decide."

"Give it fucking back." Isaac stood up to reach for his phone, but Zavier pulled it away, placing it in one of his desk drawers.

"Okay, how about this, truth is you're pissing me off right now and the dare is to give me my phone back."

"It'll be a nice bonding experience as friends."' Zavier grinned, pulling out the truth or dare pack of cards.

"Stop talking like a 40 year old." But Isaac still sat back down, leaning against the bed.

"I'll start with you. Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Pussy." Zavier muttered, but still picked out a card from the truth pile, and read it out. "What are your top three turn ons? Interesting question." He smirked, watching Isaac fidget with his fingers.

"Uhh- well, I think... do I have to be honest?"

"Yes, or else we'll have to take a friendly oath."

"Okay, fine I guess. Top three would be then, playing- can you please stop smiling, it's not funny?" Isaac had looked back up for a second to see Zavier with a very amused look, like he was on the verge of laughter.

Zavier jokingly put his hands up in surrender as Isaac looked back down at the floor. "Playing with my hair, having a good sense of humour and honesty. There." Isaac blurted out. "Your turn. Truth or dare?" He spoke before Zavier could have time to respond.

"Dare."

Isaac pulled the dare card out, and faced it towards himself. "Take a shower with your clothes on." He smiled, pointing at the bathroom door.

Half reluctantly, Zavier got up and walked into the bathroom, Isaac excitedly following behind him.

Twisting the shower dial, he stepped in, suddenly thinking of a plan. "How long do I have to stay in here?"

"I don't think it said." Isaac watched as Zavier got soaked, his clothes sticking to him in what didn't seem like a very comfortable way.

"What? I can't hear you, step closer." Zavier raised his voice a bit louder, seeing Isaac step closer, and right when he was off guard, still answering the question, Zavier pulled him into the shower with him.

"What the fuck?" Isaac almost slid out of surprise, falling into Zavier who was laughing his head off at Isaac's reaction. "This isn't fucking funny, this was your dare, not mine. And now I'm wet- no, don't you dare make a sexual joke out of that." Isaac warned, attempting to leave the shower, but Zavier pulled him back.

"You're already in, so you might as well stay." Zavier reasoned between guffaws, but Isaac still kept a frown on his face, until it lifted slowly into a small smile. "I'm still annoyed though."

"We can just change into some new clothes, no big deal."

"I didn't bring spare clothes, you know, wasn't really expecting this to happen." Isaac sarcastically remarked, crossing his arms, and cursing at himself for wearing a white top.

"We'll use my clothes." Zavier spoke as he turned off the shower. "Simple, I'll be back." He stepped out of the shower, making Isaac cringe at the water drops he had left on the floor.

A minute later, Zavier walked back into the bathroom, this time with two sets of clothes. "Voila. Dry clothes." He threw a pair to Isaac who caught them easily.

Isaac waited for Zavier to leave, or at least turn around, but he didn't. "Aren't you gonna face the other way?"

"Nothing I haven't seen before." Nevertheless, he obeyed Isaac's request and turned around.

On seeing this, Isaac pulled his wet shirt over his head, struggling a bit, and not noticing Zavier's sneaky turning around glances. He grabbed the shirt, going to put it on when he noticed the writing on it.

'I like to fuck ducks.'

"What the fuck Zavier?"

Zavier gladly turned back around, his eyes immediately starting from Isaac's midline, slowly raking over his abs, before eventually meeting his eyes.

Isaac was too distracted to notice Zavier's blatant checking out, focussed more on complaining. "Do you not have any other t-shirts? I can't go down there wearing this."

"Which is why I gave you the hoodie."

Isaac felt a glimpse of relief, until he realised it was the hoodie that he had accidentally worn last week, and the one Zavier had worn today. "I'm not wearing this, it's contaminated. I know you have other hoodies, where are they?"

"Wash." Zavier easily lied.

"Fuck. Fine then. Do you have a spare towel then please?" Isaac was answered with a towel being thrown directly into his face. "Thanks for that." His voice came out muffled, as he used the towel to dry himself, before putting on the weirdly labelled t-shirt, and the contaminated hoodie and joggers.

Zavier had already gone back into his room, so as Isaac stepped out of the bathroom, he saw Zavier sitting where he was originally.

"Finish the game?" He offered, holding up a truth card.

Isaac sighed, but couldn't help the smile growing on his face as he sat down. "Fine then."

A/N: this chapter was so quick to write but it's really weird because i wrote about 3 different versions that i hated so i deleted them all like i would write a bit then i'd be like yuck this is shit and delete them but when i started writing this version, it didn't even take long and i didn't have a lot of edits, may be random but bear with it. also, i used to be obsessed with the song i attached at the top when i was like 10. it was a vibe. enjoy reading :) my a/n's are basically just me ranting lmao, not even that relevant to the actual plot of the story 15/11/20

another edit: this is a shout-out to very loyal reader from the beginning @WinstonaBlock !!! Ty!! and guess what.... I got a new phone and I'm so happy cuz I had my glitchy one for like 4 years but I'm grateful for both phones :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

876K 38.7K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
44.6K 2K 27
ROMANCE Two friends, Morton and Oliver, decide to go on a road trip in a VW campervan and end up discovering that there may be more to their friendsh...
5.7K 295 8
"I kissed a boy just to start shit," he murmured into my ear, nibbling on the lobe slightly, just enough to set my deepest desires aflame. I squirme...
Tense By kara

General Fiction

4.3M 174K 54
"I love you." "Oh?" "In a non-bro sort of way, y'know? Full homo." ~~~ Kai and Roan are a lot of things. Best friends, football players, straight...