||~~Tere Bin Na Lage Mera Man...

By suryavni

A tale of love lost and found.. More

Prologue
Character sketch
A Stellar realignment
Unexpected encounters
A Dream come true?
Hockey stick or feather ?
Clash - Of emotions ?
Mishti - Reliving Memories
Melting ice.
Nature's upheavals and a tragedy
An Intimate Night Vigil
The Sand in his fist
A Sweet torment.
A tumultuous journey
Abode of love & care
A New Complicacy
Playing truant..
An impromptu Date ??!!
The Perfect Plans !
Her Gift..Her Silent Gift..
Tendrils of love.
Eternally yours...
Love tantrums..
Silent Agonies..
Cute Apologies and Reconciliation
Her Anchor
Closing in the distances
Emotional Undercurrents.
Family Fun..
Partner in Crime & Care
Friend for Life - Brother for Life
Shattered Dreamscapes
The Smoke without a Fire
Take MY Heart.. It's YOURS !
A Prank , Reunion & Heartbreak
The Fire & The Ice
An Early Morning tete-a-tete
No Hiding The Fragnance Of Love
Nanu...The COOLEST Rajvansh!!!
The Melding Of Two Souls
Blues and Bliss
Chill of the Past & Warmth of his Love
Ingenuity At It's Best
Cozy Beginnings
Bromance in the truest sense
MINE...In Every Way..!
Best laid Plans....!
Love Capital.......
The Tender Crescendo Of Passion
Surprises Galore..!!
Healing Of A Deep Rift..
The Ripple Effect...
Kaleidoscopic Heart - Broken.. yet Apiece.
The Sublime Love making & Subtle Deception
Festivities and Forgings..
Parallel Truths
Whirlwind And Her Sanctum
Confronting & Making Peace .!!
' Déjà vu '
The Sacred Weave..
Malicious intent
The Spark..!!
The Curve Ahead..!
The silent loud shattering- Heartbreak
A leap for love

The Pain YOU Hide In YOUR Eyes.

813 62 10
By suryavni

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S-jxnu7F-BDTGPFkezj1XEZBp4AApACx/view?usp=drivesdk

Tu ne Jo na kaha...
Meine suntha Raha..

Abir..came out to the apartment balcony... rubbing his a week long stubble beard..

It's been 2 months ...

Eight terrible weeks...yet it felt like yesterday..

****

That night which broke his heart..

Kunal hurriedly saying him good night and following Mishty...

The repeat torture of heartbreak throughout the night and many nights to come..

Mark came home early morning itself making all arrangements with his chartered flight..

He assured Rajshri he will come soon...but somehow she saw through the hollow promise..

" Tum bas apna khayal rakhna beta...mujhe bas tumhara Khushi chahiye..!"

That was his Massima's words..

His Maa was sceptical...and for the first time she voiced it.and even though he agreed to her views he was left with no choice..

" Project important hein I know...lekin..to stay there and supervise full on...how will all manage here..?"

" Mamu has agreed to take over for the time being..so you don't have to worry .."

He had brushed aside her concerns.

"Parul Massi...massima ka poora dhyan rakhna..Maine Nihaal see bhi keh Diya Hein.."

His emotional masochistic mind still searched for some solace from her...

But she was nowhere..not even to bid him adieu..

His putting on the shades as he waited looking around was not lost on Mark..

*****

And in five weeks...

He just heard or saw glimpses of her when he called home or video called Kethu Kunal or Kuhu..

She would just move away from the frame... smiling of course...

On Kunal's farewell party they had video called him and he was mesmerized by her minimal look..and noted the reticent way she was not looking at him..

But the jolt came one night that wrecked him completely..

He was extremely busy for days co ordinating his work from all over his companies. Kaushal Mamu had returned to India with Mami..Kethu had decided to stay back and join Kuhu's college...and Kunal's message that their classes have started had went totally over his head..

And he had video called him some days after.. around midnight... mostly to avoid any other person.. especially Mishty.

Kunal took his call and had uncharacteristically walked towards the balcony..

Usually he would plop on his bed and there was better lighting too..

" Sorry yaar..I couldn't call you earlier..it's totally a mess here..so.."

Abir tried to Justify his lack of communication..

" It's okay Bhai...you are working your ass off and I know that..no pressure.and do take care of yourself... bohot tired lag rahe ho."

" Umm..Ghar mein sab theek Hein na...Nanu Maa Massi massima..sab log..?"

" Sab kuch badiya Hein Bhai..Nanu and Nihaal Bhai have discovered their mutual love in chess..he comes regularly to check on massima ..she is okay.. Badimaa and Maa going on as usual.. Badimaa is a bit stressed out..but you know that.. business tensions. Kethu.. Kuhu.. .."

"Tumhara classes...?!"

Abir interjected...not wanting to hear about her...

" Yeah about that...it's tough...but I am totally reformed now..woh toh har pal Mere peeche hi padi rehthi Hain...well pehle bhi aisa tha..lekin ab haq se peeche padi Hein."

Kunal said with affection as Abir looked confused..

" Kaun..." But before he could voice his doubt he heard her drowsy voice...

" Yeh kis se baat Kar rahe ho Kunal...it's past 12.. ab Kal test series pe soyenge Kya..?"

Kunal mischievously turned the camera to his room..

And Abir saw Mishty.. sitting on Kunal's bed... disheveled as if just woke up.. nothing else registered in his brain...just how enticing she looked as his eyes drank her sight..

"Kunal yeh tum...Kya Kar rahe..."

She stopped as her eyes widened when she saw Abir..

She scrambled out of the bed and stood stiff..

Kunal came to stand at her back bringing both of them close in the video...

He put an arm around Mishty..

" I was telling about this munchkin.. badimaa see bhi strict Hein.and you know what..."

He was about to say something but Abir saw Mishty elbow him lightly

"Shut up Kunal"

Mishty looked a bit uncomfortable as she tried to move away but Kunal held her..

Abir felt his breath stop .. And his heart stilled for sometime...

Seeing the ultimate proof of the rubble of his dreams.. before his eyes..

However hard he prepared himself he was not ready to see this ...

And no words came out of his mouth ...

"Okay ..Give my regards to Piya and Mark..Acha Bhai bohot late hogaya...aap bhi tired lag rahe ho...Wait.Piya..?.."

Abir turned to see Piya coming in with the laptop..for their daily Roundup session..

Mishty''s eyes focused on the figure in fashionable nightshirt..in the background..her fingers digging into her palm...

Abir turned back to Kunal but Mishty was gone from the frame..

" Bhabhi ..you too up this late..?Kya chal Raha Hein?"

Kunal's suggestive tone grated in Mishty''s ears..as she reached the door..

" Yaar bhabi Sab baad mein jab ho jaayega tab bulaana...and mind you I am re thinking..Your bro is a beast and I called him here to share the workload but Ulta yeh supersonic speed pe jaa Raha Hein. Was that Mishty?."

" Haan..she's off to sleep..ab subah uthogi toh zaroor cranky hogi.. sleepyhead kahinki.. zabardasthi uthana padega. Acha aap logon ki baat aap log hi jaane .... business and fights..is Bache ko Baksh do...good night Bhai good night Piya.."

Abir choked at the morning comment...

Piya turned to him..." Chale..ab Kya hua?!.. tumhara mood hamesha itna kharab kyun rehta hein."

"Kuch nahin..tum jao..I"ll join in minutes."

Piya shrugged and went back..

Abir walked to the mini fridge and guzzled a bottle of water.. feeling a need to quench the fire burning through him...

He eyed the contents of the fridge and took his phone.

He need some strong respite to feel numbness from the wrenching pain...otherwise he would lose himself...

****

Abir rubbed his eyes ...it's still gutting him to think about her...his mind yearning the numbness...

Mark came to him with a Stern face ..with his concotion..and then to his life coaching lessons.

*****

Mishty had sobbed herself into sleep that day...the casual way Abir acknowledged Piya's presence in his bedroom...or was it their bedroom...? spoke volumes to her... making crystal clear that her love was forever unrequited....

The day he left...she couldn't see him go..and purposely she went out for a morning walk...

And by the time she returned...he was gone.!

Now this squeeze on her broken heart.Piya!

The next day she faked a head ache and kept herself to her room..Kuhu and Kunal tried to coddle her.before both of them went away to college....along with Meenakshii and Parul..but she said she'll be okay if she gets enough rest and all backed out .

Mishty recollected how she spent the past weeks..

She couldn't sulk... she couldn't cry ... she couldn't complain..

All the pain was carefully bottled up inside her..

Outwardly she reached at every one.. helped Kuhu & Kethu , badjered Kunal in his studies. spent time with Nanu.. Badimaa..

Went college on routine... spent time in library.. staring at the pages.. indulging in his thoughts...the moments they shared..

Back home..all things screamed his name at her and often she would imagine him around her....

She suspected Nihaal saw through her and was extra conscious around him..

Her dullness was becoming difficult to mask and one day Neil happened.

He was waiting for her in the campus and had arranged a meeting with her through Kunal..

Mishty was not interested in even seeing him..but out of respect to Abir's business partner she had to...also intrigued why he sought her out..

And he proposed the needed change , direction and solution to her problems..but she reserved her decision... asked him some time to mull over it...

Meenakshi had catagorically refused to consider selling of Greenville apartment and Mishty was adamant in doing so.. after much debate Meenakshi agreed to it ...but on one condition..

Things will be done only after Abir's return from Toronto..and she had to agree.. there was no other way to ensure they get a good deal.. without Abir.

Abir..

she sighed wiping off her tears ...

Now Neil offered her a small solution and she was glad that she didn't outright reject his offer.

She was destined to lose her loved ones..

Better now than later...

Abir was never meant for her...

But Kunal...she couldn't lose him too...and Kuhu...

Mishty reminisced the day she earned a precious bond ..

She had put forward her conditions..and how Kunal was living up to it..

*†**

The day of rakhshabandhan in NYU campus

"Abhi se saali se dar ke jeena pad Raha Hain...Meri bhi Kya kismat Hein..!"

Kunal said jokingly...

Mishty looked at him scrunching her face..

" Wohi hoga pehla condition..eww..mein tujhe kahaan jeejaaaa jiii..bulane wali Hoon.. BFF toh hum Hein hi...toh...Kunal..ek second..tum aankhein band karlo...no cheating and wait.for me."

"Mishty..."

Few minutes later he heard Mishty''s voice..

" Ab kholo.."

Kunal opened his eyes to a surprise...!

A small but traditional Rakhi dangling from Mishty''s fingers..

"Mein tumhein apni sister keliye choose Kar rahe hoon iska Matlab yeh thodi hai ki mein aise hi tumhe use dedoo...haath aagey Karo.."

Mishty''s voice was a bit clogged emotionally..

Kunal smiled at her through his misty eyes..

" Are you sure Mishty...tum mujhe tumhe #smother karne ka haq de Raha hai..!"

Mishty laughed slightly at his attempt to do a lame joke as she tied Rakhi to his wrist..

" Tujhse deal karna mere Baye haath ka khel Hein...aisa karne ka Socha bhi na .."

She pinched his ears affectionately..

" Sach mein Kuhu bohot lucky Hein... tumhein woh pasand aayi...and I trust you Kunal..ki Tum Mera trust kabhi nahi todega.."

He hugged her sideways reassuring her faith in him..

"Now onto second condition..."

Mishty said gravely...Kunal sat attentively..

" Tum apne studies pe poore dhyaan doge..of course I am watching you...lekin this is important for both of your future.No one is going to take you seriously if you scuttle your studies..not even Kuhu..."

Kunal had nodded..

"Third condition...You will not tell her now...aise jhat Pat se nahi chalega...it's ultimately her decision and if there is 1% chance that she likes you.. after getting to know you as a friend..you can tell her... No pressure...otherwise it will be very awkward for all of us...and maybe elders will involve and complicate everything.. understand..so kisise ab kuch bhi mat kehna.."

Kunal understood the tenuous situation.. of course he was not in a position to defend or to provide... Mishty want him to be able to defend protect and provide for Kuhu...and she was not wrong in demanding that..

He got up and took her hands within his ..

" I promise you..Tum Jo kahogi waisa hi karoonga..jaisi chahogi waisa hi hoga..."

Simple words but he meant it then and now..

Whereas she lost the deepest relationship she had that day...

*****

Mishty forcefully stopped herself from thinking about him ..

Any ways She was getting some wierd reactions from Kuhu regarding Kunal... whenever she praise him or even talk about him she noticed that Kuhu fell silent...

She needs to amp her attack on Kuhu ..to make her see Kunal ....in a rosy romantic light..

Now they were the only ones that matter...

*****

Abir sat in the conference room of his newly built palatial hotel complex surrounded by classical greenary landscaping .

It was the day of culmination of six months toiling and almost 24/7 work..and they have to clinch this deal to be part of the international consortium of hoteliers..

Since Piya was the first to reel in Jacques in the first place she was presenting the pitch to them..

"wow!!"

Piya exclaimed softly as her eyes widened in surprise as she looked into her laptop screen.

"oh ! come on Piya....we are now in the conference room , preparing the presentation for the merger with La'Paris chain of hotels.....remember ....so mean of you to fuss over Neil's over glamourous models now..."

Abir said with his hands on hips in exasperation.

"Cut it Abir..you have been working off your ass the last six months as if you are going to die the next moment....and dragging me along with your frantic pace.....and you know very well the presentation is solid that Jaques would deliver you his hotel chain in a platter..."

Abir felt a tinge of remorse....She was right. ....after that night ....he had sort of distanced himself from his family.....except from Nanu and,massima ,whom he called atleast once in a week to know about their health .

Kuhu's communication.. who earlier messaged or video called him about hers and Kethu's fizzing new college life now dwindled to occasional emails .

Nihaal who despite his busy schedule was updating him with radiology and chemo reports of all these weeks..and Kunal ... called occasionally..he himself Being busy in his studies and ..of course her...

Her thoughts took him to the only communication they had after that night...

She wanted to sell the apartment as Massima's outpatient treatment was not covered by her insurance and that his Mom has put a condition of him carrying out the deal... she wanted to know when he can spare some time for her...

His entire lifetime....

His entire lifetime was hers to take ...

But she had made her choice...

In response he had mailed Parul Massi.. outlining a document of loan agreement for her if she was not willing to accept payment on behalf of Rajvansh ..

He learned later from Massi that she legalized the loan agreement between her and Maa.

And he had infuriated Maa to no end by his action..

And no communication whatsoever from her for the past 4 months..

" Abir I am not ogling at Neils glamour bimbos... actually surprised that my twin bro is doing good for a change...this is indeed a sweet surprise..!."

Piya connected her laptop to the projector....

"Just spare some minutes and see for your self "

Piya gave her impish smile as Abir frowned and looked on to the 120' screen....

And found himself forgetting to take in the next and the next and the next breath......

A hauntingly familiar woman wearing a glittering black noodlestrap gown walked down the path of the ramp.....she stopped and her chin tilted up a little displaying her dimples and her lashes drooped for a second before she turned .....and to display what......

Abir staggered back to lean himself on to the conference table.....the cut of the gown was simple but revealing a lot of her skin....but on her it exuded a raw sensuality...and at that moment he realised the searing pain....serrating through his psyche.....God !!

Mishty !!

5 months .....

Two weeks of numbing himself to sleep with alcohol....headsplitting hangovers.. cancellation of appointments..

Piya was back in New York and therefore he was spared her lecture...but she too was baffled by the slow pace of work..

Mark had stepped up and he was given a mirror to himself...how he was jeopardizing everything for himself and every one...

The decision to let go was not easy..

But pushing himself to the point of breaking in work ,travel and more work....

Shutting her out of his system.....his memories...he even removed his bracelet...not even a word about her to massima , Kuhu or Kunal... even evaded Nihaal whenever he tried mentioning her.....

For what!??

After all that painstaking efforts...

It only took one look , one second for him to realise how much he love her .....

how much he ached for her .....

How much his eyes desired her...

His hand fisted.. automatically moving to rub away the pain swelling in his heart..

"Abir ? You okay....?" Piya was smiling openly.....

"I just wanted to surprise You with this ...but you look..."she crinked her brows in mock thinking....

"You look shocked...!"

Composing oneself after a devastating blow is not always easy.....but Abir straightened and shook his head....

" Kuch nahi... surprised.. that's all...and this is Neil's show?!"

" Yeah ! You know I haven't had much time to connect with Neil in the past months....and he too was busy......but got a long email from him last night ...with this footage...it seems Mishty helped out him with a dance performance and had him his face flat on her feet...."

Abir's jaws clenched at the new Revelations...

Both Neil and Mishty kept this as a secret.. although to be fair Neil did ask him .. earlier...

Abir sighed..

Piya continued

"This I think is Mishty'''s third show on a row .."

"Hmm...." Abir stood there .. still reeling from his feelings ..of being kept in dark by his family..it's a good thing Piya is the presenter...he would have totally botched it up in his current emotional turmoil...

He spotted Kunal and Kuhu standing together by the side of the ramp....his hair standing erect as he saw the proud beaming face of his brother...and happy Kuhu.. holding onto him in delight...

"Ah...they look too well together ....."

Piya's comment accompanied by a sigh of content made him focus on the screen...

Mishty had her arm around Neil's as they walked up... Mishty in Maroon low cut ..off shoulder splendor gown .... looking stunning.and sexy...and a wholesome smile dazzled her face as she looked sideways...to Neil.....!

" I have an Idea..!! Why don't we give a performance on our inaugural function.... other than the boring wine and dine stuff we are now struck with...?"

Piya looked at Abir enthusiastically..

Abir already could sense his doom befalling on him....

*****

Mishty got back from Rajvansh travels office ..

She liked working there...of course Chotimaa would never have allowed her to work anywhere else...

She smiled at herself remembering how much they fought with each other...

Their fights would obviously finish and by that time she would be in her bosom..both of them sobbing and comforting each other..

She had said once

" Mein aur Abir bhi aise hi ladthe the....tumhare wajah se mein uski ladayi bhi miss nahi Kar Rahi Hoon...haan bus ek difference Hein..ladayi ke baad woh mudke Chala jaata hein...aur tum Meri God mein aa jaati ho.."

Her smile slowly withered.... Abir... always coming into her thoughts.. unannounced..

Her thoughts went to the day she sent Abir the email..

Well..she should have called him up..or tried some other way to talk..but couldn't trust herself to hold on to her promise to herself...and therefore send an impersonal email.

And waited out the seconds for his reply.just like.a damn fool ..in love..

Two days later Parul Massi came to her very much agitated and apologetic..and showed her his mail..

The aloofness in that words had chafed her since.

This from the man who promised her a friendship and vowed to stand by her if ever she needed anything...

That was the needed wakeup call for her..

Abir has his own life ...and she always knew that...but still hoped she was a small part of that...

And now she needed one..! To be independent in truest sense..!

She asked Chotimaa directly to legalize the loan and they had their first epic disagreement..

Chotimaa wouldn't and she had to use the ultimate emotional blackmail of going back to Greenville with Badimaa and Kuhu... leaving everything behind..

And that was a low blow to which Chotimaa succumbed..

The next was about the terms and conditions..

She wanted to repay and was adamant in getting a job after classes..and weekends..

Chotimaa and Massi fought with her on that and declared unambiguously that she was not going to work ..and if earning and repaying Abir is important to her then she can have a job with her and nowhere else...

She had to bow to them...

But when Neil came to see Badimaa and Chotimaa asking their permission for grooming her for his show..both were sceptical...

It was Kunal Kuhu and Kethu.. who fought for her then... Neil also agreeing to take Kuhu as an intern along with her..

What a guy..!

Most of the time an abominable flirt but the politeness and care towards her was visible to her ..even though Kunal misunderstood him a couple of times...

And she had a fair idea why she was getting that sisterly treatment from Neil.

And berated her mind again for coming back to him...

Of course he would have known that she was working with Neil...

Piya would have mentioned that...

But no..no message... nothing from him..

Mishty took a deep breath as she vowed again not to depend on him...

If she embraced her destiny then may be it won't hurt much...

Are you sure..?

Her heart and soul mocked her...

As she reached the hall...all were there discussing over something and all stopped suddenly.. signalling her to be silent..

" Kya baat Hein ...sab silent kyun ho Gaya mujhe dekhke..."

Mishty looked around confused..

And noticed Kunal's phone..and his facepalmed expression...

Her face hardened in the split of a second realising Abir was on video call..

" Ab Aap hi kehdo directly Kya kehna Hein."

Kunal said to Abir and turned the cam towards Mishty..

Both Abir and Mishty said .. simultaneously.

" Mujhe kisise baat nahi karni..."

" Mujhe nahi kehna kisi se kuch...Tum samjha sakthe ho to samjha de.."

And Abir cut the call...

Meenakshi shook her head dejectedly...as if to say yeh toh hona hi tha....

All looked at each other silently...

" Ooh... can't say I enjoyed Abir Bros angry version.."

Kuhu said expelling breath..

" Can't even imagine what will happen when these two meet..."

Mishty was walking to the stairs... already disturbed by what his voice did to her...

Kuhu's statement stopped her in her track.

Abir is coming back...!?

The thumping of her heart was deafening...

"Pata nahi ...! Bhai ko aaj hi pata Chala ki Mishty Neil ki shows Kar rahe Hein...Piya just blurted it out with a video clip it seems..dekha na? he is mad at all of us...and now he is pressurized by Piya to do Neil's show for Là Paris merger..."

Kunal looked at Mishty..and said softly.

" Check your mail Mishty.."

Mishty nodded in hurry and too took to the stairs..not able to control the subtle shivering her whole body was experiencing..

†******†

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 5.3K 27
A #MishBir story but not a story that we are watching, just taking some characters from the show. Ofcourse #ShaheerSheikh playing #Abir and #RheaShar...
4.2K 602 14
"ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀ, ɪ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴅᴇᴀʟs ɪɴsᴛᴇᴀᴅ ! " "ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ sᴀᴅ, ɪ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ sᴏɴɢs ɪɴsᴛᴇᴀᴅ! "
1.4K 149 6
Hi Fandom, This is the story on journey of two haters to lovers. But the destiny choose something else for them. You have to read the story, to kno...
5.9K 410 5
After suffering the unthinkable, Mishti & Abir try to work through their problems in their own melody of love.