Hathour's Princess ✔️

By Freeze_you_out

The Gods observed but never interfered For she would cause a flame that could not be extinct Many will fight... More

Trailer
Epigraph
00 || Prologue
01 || His Return
02 || Betrothed
03 || Poisoned
05 || Death of a Pharaoh
06 || Anubis
A New Life
07 || Cairo
08 || Private Security
09 || Hathour
10 || Cowboy
11 || Car Chase
12 || Saying Goodbye
13 || Unexpected Surprises
14 || We Can Do This
15 || Closure
Last Words
Breaking Down The Prophecy
Other Books

04 || The Birth

265 13 0
By Freeze_you_out

I was confined to the bed the last months of the pregnancy.

The healer didn't allow me to continue my studies or stress myself in the slightest. At first I was okay with the restrictions, my child was nearly lost to me, and I wanted to do everything possible to keep it healthy enough for a safe delivery, but after months of staying in bed and only being allowed to go for short walks at a time, I was almost desperate to get this baby out of me. My belly had grown a lot by now, I couldn't even get out of bed without Lillian or Sethos assistance. I couldn't even see my own feet!

One of the good outcomes of my imprisonment in my own bed, was Lillian. She was a God send, that's certain. She would do her best to entertain me when I was feeling bored, playing board games with me, reading to me, telling me the gossip of the palace. I even got to know that she started being courted by one of the guards posted outside my door. Apparently she must have made quite an impression on him. He was the same guard that had help her when she was tending to me on my poisoning.

My poisoning...

Father launched an investigation on the Palace, and he managed to find two servants who were responsible for poisoning my tea. But someone had to have made them do it. Sethos himself interrogated them, trying to catch the real perpetrator behind the poisoning. He's committed to catching the person that had try to cause such harm to his family. It took more time than he wanted to get them to confess, but when they finally did, the answer was not the one he was expecting.

When it was reported to the Pharaoh, rumour has it he stood silent. His posture that of a predator wanting to catch his prey. When presented with the evidence of the claim, he himself made sure to be the one to confront the perpetrator.

The news came at a shock to me as well. I cried in the arms of my husband when he told me. How could she do this? Why would she do this? To me? Her own sister? What harm have I ever done to her, that she tried to kill me and my firstborn?

My own sister. Amarat. The Second Princess.

That very same day, she was sent to the dungeons, kicking and screaming, but no one moved to save her. It was the Pharaoh's decree. The court was shocked by the news. One of their own Princess had tried to kill the Pharaoh's first grandchild, their own nephew or niece, and it almost took the life of the Third Princess as well.

That was a great offence. Many wonder how the Pharaoh would react. If it had been any other person he would have been executed immediately for trying to assassinate the royal family, but Amarat was his own flesh and blood. Would he execute her? Exile her? Keep her imprisoned in the dungeons?

Before my father passes judgement on my sister, I requested the Pharaoh for me to see her. I had to know why. And she wasn't talking with anybody, perhaps she would open up to me. Sethos and my father refused at first. Rest, they said, I must rest. But I was never going to be able to rest while I lived with such uncertainty. I asked the healer and even though he didn't want me to move, he consented to the visit on the condition that I would have someone with me at all times, and that I would not push myself. It had only been two weeks since the poisoning at the time, I was still weak, but I knew this was something I had to do.

Sethos and my father relented and allowed me to see her. But it had to be a quick visit. Sethos helped me make the walk to the dungeons. As agreed he left once I was settle in front of my sister's prison. Lillian, and two guards stayed near to assist me in case of need.

There wasn't much light in the dungeon, only a few torches allowed me to see the path. Slowly, with my hand on my baby bump and a fast beating heart, I call out to my sister.

"Amarat?"

She does not respond but I hear shuffling, as if someone was moving. I hear small steps and then I finally see her. She looked nothing like her usual self. She was dirty, her hair out of place, and her clothes unravelled.

"Have you come here to gloat?" she asks me with such hatred I felt chill running through my spine. Why does she load me so?

"Why would I come here to gloat?" I ask her instead "I do not understand why this has happened. Tell me sister, why did you do it?"

"This is all your fault." she spits out

"How is this any my fault? What did I ever do to you?" I ask her confused

"YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!" she yells frustrated. I stumble back surprised by her outburst. "You were already father's favourite and then you had to go and steal him too!? You don't deserve any of it!"

"I didn't steal anyone!" I argued, understanding of who she was taking about "Why did you not tell me you felt this way sooner, sister?"

"And what? You would just give him up?" she asks looking at my face. "Yeah, I didn't think so. I have loved him since he came into the palace, I always tried to get him to notice me, and then you get to keep him? Marry him? Have his child? How was that fair? That was supposed to be me!"

"So you thought that if I was not in the picture..."

"Then he would finally be mine. Not even you, or your bastard child would be able to stop me. And then maybe father would finally see me and dote on me as he does to you. Why must you be the one to have all his affection?" she says holding on to her bar cells.

"Father loves all is daughters."

She scoffs, looking at me with such hatred, I cannot help but feel sad. I say nothing for a few seconds, maybe minutes. She ruined her life for such a futile reason...

"I am sorry that you felt this way. I never meant to outshine you in front of father, but what you did is unforgivable. You tried to kill my child. My child. And for that I hope you burn in the pits of hell." I tell her turning my back on her "Guards!" I call out. They appeared in a quick moment "I am ready to leave."

"Layla! Layla, you cannot let father execute me!" Amarat yells as I make my way outside "Layla!"

Seeing my state, Sethos carried me the rest of the way back to our chambers. I held on to him tightly, my hands shacking as I try to control my tears. No matter what, she was my sister, who I had loved more than anything. Sethos stayed with me the rest of the day, comforting me, reassuring me of his love. And I knew, that as long as I have him I would get through anything.

Amarat was executed.

I cried the entire day.

The royal family was never the same after that. My younger sisters visit me frequently trying to keep me from getting bored. They loved to feel the baby move inside of me, especially the little ones. They would sometimes comb my hair and I would do the same to them. I loved those moments. My older sister, Brielle, she didn't come visit me once. She was always the closest to Amarat, only a few months apart from each other, they had always done everything together, I knew she blamed me for Amarat's death. My father was the one who took it the hardest. He knew that it had to be done, but he never though he would have to one day execute one of his little girls. He often wondered if he had failed them as a father. But I always reminded him that he always did the best he could and that we all knew he loved us.

And now after months confined to this bed, this baby was finally ready to greet the world.

The day started as it usually did, except for a small discomfort in my lower back. Sometimes I would feel some hints of pain but they would soon fade away. It was probably the baby just moving, he had grown too big for my womb. It must be awfully tight in there for him.

It was when I was stretching my legs, walking a bit inside my chamber with the help of Lillian that a sharp pain makes me double over in shock. Suddenly I feel liquid running down my legs.

"Princess, I believe your water's just broken." Lillian tells me guiding me back to the bed. "The little Prince or Princess is ready to greet the world."

She calls out for a servant and has her call for the healer and the mid wife. It was time for the child to be born. I breathe deep through the pain. I knew little of this process, only what my mother and other wives had told me, and I knew that it was going to be painful, but all worth it in the end.

The healer and the mid wife came. Usually only the mid wife would be present, but due to the poisoning, the healer wanted to be present, for we didn't know how it might have affected the child.

Sethos and the Pharaoh were informed, but men were not allowed to be in the room, with the sole exception of the healer. I wish I could have Sethos next to me, he always gave me strength and courage, when I felt I had none. My sister Isa surprised me by stepping in and holding my hand. She gave words of encouragement as I yelled and push with all my strenght.

It felt like hours of pain and pushing until I finally heard a cry of a baby. I was exhausted but so happy he was finally born.

"It's a son, Princess." the mid wife says with a smile.

I laugh relieved. A son. I had a son. The healer takes him as the mid wife finishes her job in my body, and the servants help me change into a clean nightgown, along with new sheets. The healer soon returns and claims my son is in perfect health. He passes him over to my waiting arms, and I finally get to hold him for the first time.

"I will inform the Pharaoh and the Captain of the birth of the new royal Prince." the healer says excusing himself.

"He is beautiful, sister" Isa says admiring the new born baby.

I smile as I admire my baby boy. He had his eyes closed now, sleeping peacefully against my bosom. I run a soft finger in his cheek. His skin soft and warm beneath my finger. He had a tuff of black hair on top of his head, just like his father.

"He looks like you." Isa says smiling softly. Perhaps in the shape of his eyes and mouth, but the rest was all his father.

"I think he looks more like his father." I argue back. He was beautiful. My baby boy. And speaking of the father, he quietly makes his way inside the chamber. When Isa notices him, she gets up and kisses my forehead.

"Congratulations, sister. I shall come to hold him tomorrow when you are well rested." she says leaving the chamber.

I smile at my husband as he approaches us in the bed. He sits next to me and kisses my forehead.

"Are you well?" he asks concerned

"Yes, tired but that is to be expected." I tell him and then I look at our son again. "It's a son." I tell him "A little Prince."

He watches our son fascinated. As if sensing his father was near, the baby opens his eyes, allowing us to see the colour of his eyes. Amber, like his mother. He moves his tiny fists up, and Sethos gives him his finger so he could hold on to it. He grabs his finger tightly.

"A son." he says, a soft smile on his lips as well.

Said son was opening his mouth and I could tell he would soon start crying if we did not give him what he wanted.

"He's hungry" I tell the mid wife, who had stayed behind.

"I shall bring him to a wet nurse" she says respectfully

"No." I refuse holding him next to me "I wish to breast feed him."

It was not uncommon for royals to wish to breast feed their babies, but it was rare for one to choose to do so. The mid wife accepts my request, and Sethos moves out of the way so she could assist me. It takes a few minutes, but the baby finally latches on. It was a weird feeling but it brought me great satisfaction to be able to feed my son.

The mid wife gives me simple instructions to follow, and provides some advices that she passes on to Lillian. After that she takes her leave, leaving me and Sethos finally alone with our son.

"We must name him." Sethos speaks as he watches our son suckling vividly on his mother's nipple.

"Do you have a name in mind?" I ask him curious. I raise my head so I could look him in the eyes.

"No." he admits. He was focused on our son, trying to think of a name that would fit him, but he couldn't think of one that seemed right. "Have you thought of one?"

"Hmm..." I have thought of many names during the length of the pregnancy, but now that I look at him. A name quickly comes to mind. "How about Jahir?"

"Prince Jahir." he repeats staring at our son "I like it. It fits him."

I look down and see that Jahir had fallen asleep. I lean down and kiss his tiny head gently.

"Welcome to the world my sweet Jahir."

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 62 14
The gods and goddesses of Egypt need help watching over their land. To do so they came together to creat a goddess, Zahra, goddess of most gods. Befo...
1.6K 112 18
They met each other on a trip and found an instant connection. Sparks flew with every touch and they fell together with every glance. But what happe...
1 Week By SunsetLo22

Teen Fiction

177 39 19
What could possibly save a princess from death? The kiss of their very own Prince Charming. Unfortunately, this ain't it. This is real life. Nothing...
125K 4.9K 35
An autistic adult Alexis (26) goes to bed after doing her nightly chores. Whilst sleeping she has a heart attack and dies, she awakens in another wor...