Must Date The Chef

By maramartha

"Stop eye fucking me. I am not King," he mutters through clenched teeth, venom dripping with every word. * *... More

|| Foreword/Author's Note.
|| Prologue.
|| 1.
|| 2.
|| 3.
|| 4.
|| 5.
|| 6.
|| 7.
|| 8.
|| 9.
|| 10.
|| 11.
|| 12.
|| 13.
|| 14.
|| 15.
|| 16.
|| 17.
|| 18.
|| 19.
|| 20.
|| 21.
|| 22.
|| 23.
|| 24.
|| 26.
|| 27.
|| 28.
|| 29.
|| 30.
|| 31.
|| 32.
|| 33.
|| 34.
|| 35.
|| 36.
|| 37.
|| 38.
|| 39.
|| 40.
|| 41.
|| 42.
|| 43.
|| 44.
|| 45.
|| 46.
|| 47
|| 48.
|| 49
|| 50.
|| 51.
|| 52.
Cast || Q & A
|| Epilogue.

|| 25.

1.3K 239 51
By maramartha

The bed dips under my weight, I roll to the side, my hands blindly reaching for my midnight gist partner who barely allowed me a wink of sleep. He's not there. My eyes fly open, the back of my hand goes over my mouth to stop a yawn from slipping out. I blink, trying to clear the rest of the sleep from my eyes. My gaze lowers to the visible part of my body on the unusually soft bed, my mind draws blank at the blue, T-shirt I am wearing. It doesn't belong to me.

Panic starts to set in but one look around the room, the portraits hanging from the wall and everything flood back. Paul is my boyfriend now. I spent the night at his place. We are officially dating, no more games. The thought warms me over, it feels good to put a label to our relationship and also know the feeling between us is still mutual.

Another yawn escapes my lips, I shuffle to the empty parlour and retrace my step to the kitchen. That's the only place he can be and that is where I find him, doing what he does best with a vigour that makes me wonder how long he has been awake.

Standing by the door to watch him at work, my first time of seeing him in his element, a smile finds its way to my lips as his hand moves expertly over the chopping board, dicing vegetables with a speed I will never attain. Cooked chicken and sausages sit in separate bowls in front of him and I drool as the muscles on his back flex when he increases the speed of his dicing. I feel myself getting hot all over again, my teeth sink into my lip and I moan softly. He is hot.

My feet start moving before I realise it, my arms wrap around his waist from behind and my cheek presses flush against his back. I inhale his strong, masculine scent mixed with the fragrance of the liquid soap I used last night and sigh. He smells good, better than I do. I also need to shower.

"Good morning, babe," I greet. His hands come over mine, he gives them a small squeeze and retracts them to turn around. My head falls to one side. "You slept well?"

I slept well, better than I have in days, even with the lack of sex. Apparently, sex isn't the only way to get a great night's rest. Cuddling in bed with your partner, your back pressed to his chest and his arms around your waist will have you purring and sleepy in no time.

"Yeah, I did," he replies with a peck to my forehead. His lips trail down the bridge of my nose to my mouth and he deepens the kiss. "Morning, love. How was your night?"

"It was good, I slept well," I murmur and beam at his pet name for me, bringing his face back for another kiss. I can never get enough of it, his kisses and the sparks that light up my body when our lips connect.

The durag on my head slips when his hand moves to the back of my head and I chuckle when he puts it on instead of giving it back. We had to find something to replace my bonnet and he offered this. I already know I'll be taking it home with me but he doesn't know that yet. Neither does he know I might be going with a few fancy hoodies I spotted in his closet. After all, that's what girlfriends are for.

"No work today?" I ask when we break off.

His hands halt on my chest, he palms my breasts through his shirt, I moan and the shirt rides up. My hands go around his neck, he lifts me and my legs find their way around his waist. We stagger to a corner in the kitchen, he places me on the counter and begins littering kisses all over my neck, everywhere his mouth can reach while his hand sneaks under my shirt. I want more.

I hiss as his palms cover the mounds on my chest. My breathing becomes ragged when he rolls my nipples between his fingers without stopping his kissing assault. I moan and tug on his shirt. His fingers caress my inner thighs, I gulp, a lump lodge in my throat as my fingers run through his scalp and my body goes still when he cups my butt. I am not putting on any underwear.

"There's work," he breathes out. His eyes dilate, I purse my lips, if he wants this too, why did he stop? "But I took the day off"

One. Two. His words register on me, I hook a finger under his jaw and my eyebrows raise in inquiry. I know we are dating but I don't want it to interfere with our business or work life. The office doesn't have a policy about dating fellow workers but it feels a bit odd to be in a relationship with my staff and it will be awful if I can't call him to order. He didn't ask my opinion or permission before taking the day off, as he should have and I don't know what to say or how to react to that knowledge. I grimace.

"You know I have one day off each week, so I decided to make it today so we can spend enough time together." His smile transfers to my face, I nod and my worries dissolve. "Don't worry, I already called the kitchen to let them know I won't be coming, they won't miss me." I pull him in for another kiss, he goes instead for a peck on my forehead. "Did I do good? Do you like my suggestion?"

Maybe it was the way my brows furrowed until he explained himself that has him questioning his ideas but I find his actions and thoughtfulness cute. This side of him is perfect, the sweet side Chi always talked about and now I am experiencing it. My lips curl into a smile, I wiggle my eyebrows and start tickling him until he laughs out loud.

"Yes, I love it." I wound my arms around his neck. "Since I am the boss, I don't need to call anyone. I'm taking today off too, for us." Gesturing at his shirt which comes to stop above my knees, I ask, "What will I wear?" He frowns. "I love wearing your clothes but I can't go out or spend all day on this."

He chuckles, his nose rubs against mine and I beam. "It is not that bad, it even looks better on you than on me. But you don't have to wear it all day." My eyebrows raise, I fold my arms across my chest and he looks embarrassed to add, "I got you something."

We are on our way out of the kitchen when I look back at the colourful mess on the counter covered with a transparent film over it. "What were you cooking? Are you done?"

"I wasn't cooking." He runs a finger through his hair. "I was making shawarma." My eyes widen and he nods with a shy smile. "Yes, with double sausages and there's big coke."

Out of excitement, I scream and hop on his back, his throaty laughter following us as we continue to his room. "I have never had shawarma for breakfast." I giggle and place a kiss behind his neck, he's the best boyfriend ever. "You are spoiling me."

His hand comes behind to steady me, my legs tighten around his waist and I tuck my head in the crook of his neck. In a few seconds, we are standing inside his room.

"There's always a first time for everything."

I nod as he helps me to my feet, his lips pull into a frown when I rush to the bed. He scoffs in disbelief as I start tucking in the bedsheet and smoothening the wrinkles. It's the least I can do since he's already making breakfast. I stick my tongue out, he does the same and for a brief moment, I am blessed with a vision of his tongue going down on me. Shaking my head to clear those dirty thoughts, I don't let myself wonder if he will mind eating me out, Edwin didn't like it.

Silence descends on us again as he begins to rummage through his wardrobe. He turns towards me with his hands raised, black joggers and matching sweatshirt in his left hand and a gown in the right. Lines appear on his forehead when he notices how rigid I become, I offer him a small but forced smile and he bridges the distance between us.

Putting the clothes on the bed, he pulls me into his lap. "What's wrong?" His fingertips stroke my cheeks, my eyes raise to his, I bite my lips. "You don't like it? I can return them."

Shaking my head to stop him from talking, I lace our fingers. I don't want him to return them, I love the clothes already without checking or trying them out. This is the first time someone is gifting me clothes, I don't know how to react to that but I am happy.

"I was thinking you could wear the gown if you want us to go out so it saves you the stress of going home or maybe the joggers if you want us to stay indoors," he pauses. "I have never seen you in anything casual." A small laugh escapes me at his statement, it's the opposite for me. "Don't get me wrong, you look good in anything you wear-"

My index finger on his lips stops the rest of his words. "Thank you, I like it. I love them." Palming his cheeks, I let my lips connect with his forehead briefly. "How did you know I was going to spend the night?"

"I didn't." His hand comes around my waist, mine goes around his neck. "But I was hoping you would after we talked." He flashes me a grin, I smile. "Seeing you with that guy at the club made me realise how much I needed to be with you. I almost lost it when I thought you kissed him." He sighs and our foreheads touch. "I got angry at you and myself when I saw how easy it was for you to move on while I was still sulking."

My heart squeezes, a strange, warm sensation spread throughout my chest. "I didn't kiss him, I didn't move on. Well," my hands drop from his face to my legs, "I was trying to move on but that didn't work out well. You are hard to forget."

"I'm glad it didn't because I'm irresistible."

"Right." I smile. "So you forgive me?"

His voice lowers to a whisper, "There's nothing to forgive. Whatever you did before me isn't any of my business and you're right, I shouldn't hold it against you. All that matters is us and the future." His response has my senses tingling, I pull his lower lip between my teeth. "Sorry for being an ass."

Opening and closing my mouth in surprise, I stare wide-eyed at him. Whatever spirit possessed him, I hope it stays because I am loving it. I nod, I forgave him before he apologised but it's good to hear him say it.

"And for always saying mean things to me," I add. "You did that a lot, I don't like it."

He nods. "Sorry for being an ass and for always saying mean things to you. I don't mean them, I just say them to hurt your feelings the same way your actions hurt me." On further thought, he adds, "Maybe I am insecure." He shakes his head as if it contradicts his last statement. "No, not it."

"I don't know if insecure is the right word but I can't think so well around you." His lips break into a small smile, I peck him. That's not insecure at all, I am the same way around him too. My thoughts become jumbled when he's close to me and I can't think straight. "You are still my boss, you know?" I nod, I know that more than anyone else and I will never use or hold it against him. "I'll try to do better by you."

"Me too and I forgive you." He gives my thigh a small squeeze, I pout and he smiles.

"Indoors or outdoors?" Paul asks seconds after. His face doesn't give away what he's thinking. "I'm up for whatever you pick."

The answer rushes to me without much thinking. I can't get enough of him, I don't want to and I won't have to keep my hands to myself if I pick this option. "Indoors."

A wet kiss on my jaw has me frowning, I press my finger to my mouth until his lips move up to mine in a chaste kiss. My frown turns upside down real quick, I weave my fingers through his beards and give him another chaste kiss, that's more like it.

Volunteering to join him in the kitchen doesn't end in my favour and I soon find myself dressing up for my special breakfast after a quick bath. My bag comes into my line of vision once I step into the parlour, I chuckle, I forgot about the poor thing and the rest of my things inside. Including my phone. I take the bag to his room without peeping. Knowing myself, once I bring out my phone, I might have a harder time keeping it back so I make sure not to look.

Paul comes to the parlour with a tray which he drops on the table and I follow him to the kitchen to get cups and the coke he promised. We do everything in silence, setting the table and turning on the television. Before he gets a chance to touch the remote, I snatch it from him. He frowns, I stick out my tongue, no HipTV for him today. When his frown doesn't ease up, I give in and switch the station to his choice.

We settle on the cold tiles, the tray between us and a bottle of coke by my side. Paul stands to get water from a dispenser by the corner and thoughts start swirling in my head. I push them to the side, this is time for eating not questioning him and his standard of living for a waiter. Maybe he comes from money like Chi, I spare him a glance as he lowers himself to his former position. I barely know much about him, I didn't even go through the file Chi claims to have sent.

"What's your favourite colour?" I ask and dig into the shawarma on my plate, he already cut them into bits for me. I send him a small smile and start eating. "Mine is black," leaves my mouth once I'm done chewing. My eyes drop to my joggers, it's black too. "How did you know that?"

His answer comes after a sip of water. "I don't, it was a lucky guess." He takes another sip. "It looks good on you anyway."

I raise my hand to show him the sleeve with a thumb hole cuff and wiggle my fingers. It feels like I am wearing a glove that leaves my knuckles exposed. The jogger is fitted, the sweatshirt isn't but I love how snug it is.

"Where does all that food go to?" Paul asks as the last of my shawarma disappears into my mouth. He's yet to finish his first wrap and I am already getting started on my second. "It doesn't even show."

"That's because it goes to my attitude," I reply and give him the peace sign before taking a big bite. "This is delicious." I take another bite and another until there is only one piece left on my plate. The cream sticks to the corner of my lips, I wipe it with the back of my hand and continue, "You need to teach me how you made this. You have to."

His face lights up. "I will, love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 2K 31
A journey of a young woman
80K 970 20
For almost 5 years you are hiding the children of Zekeden Vioken Vestior, the heartless man you've ever met.
2.7M 39.6K 65
"You want daddy to f*ck you, hard and rough then reward you with his c*m, is that it, little slut?!" "Yes, Daddy" * MONALISA I thought I had a probl...
22.6K 520 6
"How about we do this, you help me get back at work and I help with your... Orgasm Problem" "I don't have a problem" I say defensively and almost o...