Deep Down | BTS |

By sleepingbearandbunny

Jae, unlike everyone else, has nothing against the hybrid species. She likes being alone, where she is safe f... More

Intro
Embarrased
Jamais Vu
Everything Goes
Love is Not Over
For You
Stay
Moon
Boy in Luv
What do you think?
Scenery
Sea
Change
Seesaw
Moving On
I'm Fine
Anpanman
Anpanman Pt. 2
Begin
Fake Love
Lie
We Are Bulletproof
Look Here
Shadow
Autumn Leaves
Trivia: Love
Promise
DNA
Save Me
Awake
I Need U
Run
Stigma
Daydream
Your Eyes Tell
Winter Flower
The Truth Untold
Like
Filter
24/7 Heaven
Let Go
First Love
First Love Part 2
War of Hormone
Stay Part 2
My Time
Blue Side
Do You Think It Makes Sense?
Epiphany🔞
Make It Right🔞
Make it Right Pt. 2🔞
Home
Fly to my Room
Singularity
Singularity Part 2🔞
Blood, Sweat, and Tears
Blue and Grey
Abyss
Abyss Part 2
Wings
Stay Alive
Stay Alive Part 2
Louder than Bombs
Yet To Come🔞
Epilogue: Young Forever🔞

Her

19.2K 718 54
By sleepingbearandbunny

The minute Jae set foot on the grounds of her home, she was escorted swiftly to her father's study, much to her dismay. She was exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. Of course, she was never really allowed to do what she wanted. Her father, sitting at his desk, arms crossed, stared her down sternly. She was used to this by now, and was more annoyed than intimidated. She hated this prison she called a home. Her father was the warden and he was inescapable. He got up from his chair and started walking towards her. "Do I even want to know why you are home so late today? You know you have a strict curfew."

Jae wasn't in the mood to be interrogated so she just gave it to him straight. "I went to see Poppy today. It's her birthday and I didn't want her to be alone." she said, anger building up inside. It was his fault. All his fault. He felt a hand come down on her head and she wanted to reel back, but she stayed still, knowing that would just upset him further.

     "I don't see the point of visiting someone who is no longer alive but, to each their own I suppose." His words stung, and he knew that it was a sensitive subject for her. She fought to not let anger show on her face. "I'm just so happy you came back safe and sound. You're my precious jewel after all. I heard about the hybrid attack. My men said they gave them quite a bit of trouble."

She tried to fight the grin that was trying to creep it's way on her face when she thought of his scary men running in fear from the giant animals. Quite the opposite of what he just said. His men gave her more trouble than the hybrids did. He clapped his hands together, making her jump. "Anyway, speaking of birthdays, yours is in just a few days! Your party is going to be spectacular. I assure you, I've invited all of your friends from school and everyone who would be wonderful future partners for you. It's never too early to start looking." He smiled, and it didn't reach his eyes.

     Jae never felt loved by her father. All he cared about is the empire of business he's created, and how she can benefit him as his heir. Not once has he shown her any real affection her entire life. She was always treated like a doll, a thing that needed to be inside a glass display case at all times. To put it plainly, she hated him. She hated him, she hated what business he dealt with, and she hated him for what he did to Poppy. And he was fully aware of his daughter's resentment.

"However, I can't let today go by without punishment. You're confined to your room until your big birthday bash. Your meals will be delivered and of course anything you need you can tell Heyrin." Heyrin was the head housekeeper, and Jae actually liked her a lot. She was always kind to her. She even helped raise her after her mom got sick. She rolled her eyes, "Dad, I'll miss school. I have a big test coming up."

"Jaelyn, we've talked about lying my dear, don't do that. I contacted your teachers before you came home and they said it would be fine if you missed a few days. You don't have any tests, and you'll barely have any homework. Thanks to your dear old dad." he said, grabbing a scotch glass. "Whatever, can I at least go see mom before I'm back in prison?" Jae asked, tired of acting. He actually called the school. He was becoming more and more controlling the older she got. Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around?

He thought about her question and said yes, and then his phone started buzzing furiously. "Fine, fine, I have to take this." He snapped his fingers, and the doors to his study opened. Heyrin appeared with a sympathetic smile, gesturing for her to come out. Jae huffed and left. She could briefly hear her father's exasperated words, "You caught a what?" before the study doors closed again.

"I'm sorry dear." Heyrin said, walking her up the huge mansion stairs. "It's alright, I don't have to see him at least." she smiled. She didn't want Heyrin to see her upset. She was so used to faking a smile it was a bad habit at this point. "You don't have to put a fake smile around me. I know how unhappy you are here. I know it's early, but I did manage to get you a little something for your birthday." Jae lifted her eyebrows and Heyrin put a finger to her lips. "Think nothing of it. Come on, let's go see your mom."

Jae nodded, and they continued down the corridor until they arrived at her mother's room. It was basically a hospital room on the inside, wires everywhere and obnoxious beeping could be heard as soon as you opened the door. Jae knelt down at her mother's bedside, and held her hand, "Hey mom. It's your little blue jay." she said, squeezing her hand. Her mom had called her that when she was young all the time.

"I got banned to my room again. I guess I'm becoming sort of a rebel. My birthday is right around the corner. Not that I'm really excited for it. Dad will just use it as a business opportunity again." She felt her throat tighten, as she looked at her mom, deep in sleep. She didn't blame her mom at all. It was no one's fault that she was sick, but that didn't make it any less hard. Even if her eyes were closed, Jae didn't want to cry in front of her. She cleared her throat. "Anyways, I hope you're doing okay today. The best birthday gift ever would be for you to wake up. So, try your best, okay? I believe in you." she said, lightly shaking her hand. "I love you, mom."

When she had entered her room, she saw something that wasn't there when she left. It was a brand new, state of the art telescope. She almost squealed in delight and looked back at Heyrin, as she gave a little wink. She had always wanted one, especially after learning more and more about space in school. Now she could have a little escape amongst the stars. "Thank you...Heyrin this is..."
"Really, there's no need to thank me. I'll leave you alone with it now. Have some fun." she said, smiling. She quietly shut the door, leaving Jae alone with her gift.

She opened her terrace doors and set up the telescope in a hurry. She then proceeded to stay up all night, scanning for constellations and looking at the big, bright, now enhanced full moon.

*******

Being cooped up in a room with nothing to do makes time go by extremely slow, but eventually, it was Jae's birthday. Instead of doing what she wanted, of course, her father had made an entire schedule for her that she had to abide by. He wanted her to get a "makeover" so the whole day she was busy getting her hair, nails, and makeup done, as well as a personal massage. The only part of that she truly enjoyed was the massage, when she was left alone the most to relax at her own leisure.

She was spending a lot of time in the private bath, rented out just for her. Her long brown hair was tied up in a towel and she was shoulder deep in the spring. She closed her eyes and sighed and thought about the soiree her dad was throwing for her. I've invited all of your friends from school and everyone who would be wonderful future partners for you. It's never too early to start looking.

She shuddered at the fact that there will be hundreds of strangers there. Her dad knew damn well she didn't have any friends. Everyone at her college thought she was weird because she didn't go out of her way to socialize. Also considering the fact that she couldn't exert herself too much meant no after school club activities, no hanging out after school, and certainly no staying out after dark.

     All of those things meant no friends. A lot of that had to do with her fathers strictness as well. As far as future partners goes, she wasn't looking, and she didn't want to. Besides, if she didn't even have any friends, what makes her dad think she would be desirable to anyone? The boys at school looked at her like she was a freak, as well as the girls.

     It doesn't even matter. My whole life is planned out for me. I'll probably marry some rich snob that I won't want anything to do with, and they'll just use me for the status. She thought bitterly. She felt herself relax when her mind jumped to the hybrids that saved her the other day. She remembered the eyes of each one, how they were all so captivating. She wished she could see them one more time. A knock interrupted her thoughts, making her jump. "Miss? Are you alright?"

"Yes!" she replied, and they informed her she needed to get out. She didn't want to as she was enjoying what would probably be her only moment of peace for the day. Soon enough, it was time for the grand party. She heard multiple cars arrive in front of her house, and soon loud voices were filling up the entrance hall and the ballroom. They lived in a huge house but Jae always felt like it was too small in instances like this. She was instructed to put on her fanciest dress, and she had done so. She looked at herself one more time in the mirror before going down.

Her hair was up in a braided bun, her face was covered in more makeup than she preferred, a beautiful dark purple gown that had just a sliver of black lace at the top, and the most uncomfortable high heels she's ever worn in her life. She stuck her tongue out at herself in the mirror and she grimaced. It just wasn't her. She went to her bathroom to wipe a little bit of makeup off. It was her party after all, she wasn't going down there looking like a clown.

Everyone greeted her so sweetly she could have gotten cavities. Should have been a masquerade party at this point, every one of you is putting on a front. Jae thought. That was the story of her life. The night went on without a hitch, birthday wishes were said, delicious food along with cake and ice cream was served, and the table of birthday presents looked like it was about to collapse. She noticed a few young men were eying her, and if it looked like they were going to approach she grabbed a random person and started a conversation to avoid them. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her father step to the middle of the room. "Everyone, can I please have your attention!" This'll be good.

"I'd like to take a moment to thank you all personally for coming to this fabulous party for my beautiful daughter, Jaelyn. Please, give her a round of applause folks." They did, and Jae awkwardly smiled at everyone, even though she wanted to run on the spot. She hated this kind of attention. "My daughter has blossomed into a fine young woman, which I'm sure some of you young rascals out there have noticed." That got a couple of laughs, and Jae felt sick as she saw behind him something under a curtain being rolled in on a cart. Whatever it was, it was huge. "Jae, please, come up here with me." He extended his hand, and she reluctantly joined him. She had a bad feeling about this.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, for my daughter's 21st birthday, I present to her the finest gift I have to offer." He smirked and signaled the people dragging the huge crate to remove the curtain. Behind it, her heart dropped to her stomach. It was a huge chestnut colored wolf, who was growling furiously at the whole crowd, The color was unmistakable: it was one of the wolves that saved her.

There was applause and cheering throughout the banquet hall, but Jae couldn't hear it. She couldn't take her eyes off the wolf. She was in utter disbelief. What are the odds that he would end up here? "As the next head of the HHA, I thought it only fitting that she have a proper companion for life. And what better companion than a rare wolf hybrid?" The crowd cooed and clapped once again. Companion? More like a slave. She looked at her father with disgust as she walked closer to the crate.

The wolf seemed wild, and vicious, but she wasn't afraid. There was a person in that crate. Trapped, scared, and alone. A person that she'd happened to meet before. The wolf saw someone approaching and immediately started snarling, but then when he locked eyes with Jae, it softened a little, but the low hum was still in his throat.

"Well my daughter, isn't this the gift you've always dreamed of? Her father said, smiling at her with only his teeth. He was talking to the crowd more than he was with her. They were watching, so of course, she had to put on her facade. "Yes, he's beautiful. Thank you so much, father." she said and bowed to him. The crowd clapped again. What a joke. She thought.

She had to figure out what had happened. She walked up closer to her father and asked, "If I may ask, how did you acquire such a magnificent beast?" He smiled again, "It just so happens we caught it lurking around near our property a few days ago. I would have sold him straight off like we normally do, after all he would cost a fortune, but you had mentioned Poppy, and I remembered how happy you were when she was around, and I felt for you. No one deserves to be alone, especially not my little princess." he pinched her cheek and she felt disgusted. You're a fucking bastard. She thought. She would have done something, let her anger out somehow, if they weren't surrounded by distinguished guests.

     She glanced at the wolf again, still growling deeply. Her heart sank, knowing that he might have been trapped in that cage for days. "I hope you enjoy him thoroughly. This will be different from Poppy, since he's a predator hybrid and it's a bigger responsibility, quite literally, but no matter. I gave you some books that give tips on how to tame those things. After all, beasts don't come with instruction manuals." and he bursted out laughing. She was ashamed she was related to such a man.

The crowd dispersed and continued to socialize with each other."Well then, after the party, he'll be waiting in your room, and I'll give him some drugs so he's in his other form when you get there." he said looking at the wolf with disgust, "You wouldn't want to get eaten on your birthday."

***********************************************

<3 Thank you for reading. Sorry if there are little mistakes, I'm editing it the best I can while I write it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 12K 49
"YOU BELONG TO US" In a place where humans and hybrids barely co-exist, fate brings together the most unlikely of people, forcing them into awkward s...
183K 6K 19
You never knew that loving seven people would be so hard, but you also never thought that seven people would turn your life upside down. . . #1 in 방탄...
4.1M 159K 126
1 year. 1 girl. And the 7 men who own her heart. When she applied for the job, she thought she'd just be teaching in South Korea and getting a fresh...
Mine By Angie G.

Fanfiction

81.4K 2.6K 40
In a world where hybrids are judged by the color of their fur. White represents purity, peace, and goodness, While Black represents power, elegance...