||~~Tere Bin Na Lage Mera Man...

By suryavni

A tale of love lost and found.. More

Prologue
Character sketch
A Stellar realignment
Unexpected encounters
A Dream come true?
Hockey stick or feather ?
Clash - Of emotions ?
Mishti - Reliving Memories
Melting ice.
Nature's upheavals and a tragedy
An Intimate Night Vigil
The Sand in his fist
A Sweet torment.
A tumultuous journey
Abode of love & care
A New Complicacy
Playing truant..
An impromptu Date ??!!
The Perfect Plans !
Her Gift..Her Silent Gift..
Tendrils of love.
Eternally yours...
Love tantrums..
Silent Agonies..
Cute Apologies and Reconciliation
Closing in the distances
Emotional Undercurrents.
Family Fun..
Partner in Crime & Care
Friend for Life - Brother for Life
Shattered Dreamscapes
The Pain YOU Hide In YOUR Eyes.
The Smoke without a Fire
Take MY Heart.. It's YOURS !
A Prank , Reunion & Heartbreak
The Fire & The Ice
An Early Morning tete-a-tete
No Hiding The Fragnance Of Love
Nanu...The COOLEST Rajvansh!!!
The Melding Of Two Souls
Blues and Bliss
Chill of the Past & Warmth of his Love
Ingenuity At It's Best
Cozy Beginnings
Bromance in the truest sense
MINE...In Every Way..!
Best laid Plans....!
Love Capital.......
The Tender Crescendo Of Passion
Surprises Galore..!!
Healing Of A Deep Rift..
The Ripple Effect...
Kaleidoscopic Heart - Broken.. yet Apiece.
The Sublime Love making & Subtle Deception
Festivities and Forgings..
Parallel Truths
Whirlwind And Her Sanctum
Confronting & Making Peace .!!
' Déjà vu '
The Sacred Weave..
Malicious intent
The Spark..!!
The Curve Ahead..!
The silent loud shattering- Heartbreak
A leap for love

Her Anchor

539 64 9
By suryavni

Abir stirred as first rays of sun touched his face....

Inhaling his favorite odor he smiled..a bit shyly recollecting his dream...and was about to get up....

His head hit some where softly....

Abir turned around on the couch to look at what did he upset...

And came face to face with a sleeping Mishti...an arm thrown at his shoulder along the arm rest...her hair partially covering her face...his favorite honey odor...

Abir inhaled once more...

Then carefully parted her hair ...to look at her sleeping face...

What a way to start your day..!!.

He congratulated himself ....!

Then remembering she slept the whole night like this ...he looked around..

Kunal was cocooned in his blanket as usual...

Kuhu too was asleep...

When did they come last night?

 Obviously after Mishti fell asleep... other wise Kunal would be the one taking the chair...

Abir got up carefully and picked up the sleeping Mishti....

Slowly he placed her on the warm couch...

she smiled at the warmth as she snuggled deeper..

Her smile brought...a bouquet of emotions in Abir...

Bending down he pressed a light kiss on her hair...once again indulging in his secret obsession....

****

Rajshri smiled as Abir sat beside her...

" Tum aagaye...ab chain se jaa sakthi Hoon..."

"Kya Massima.I hope you are saying about going to get better.... Kahin jaane ki baath nahi...theek hoke aane ki baath kijiye..."

Abir held her weak hand firmly...

Rajshri sighed...and looked at  Abir intently...

Some thing transpired between them in that look... Abir's eyes were bright and Rajshri's widened....then a look of hope was followed by dejection ..and pain...

"Abir...mein bas tumhara Diya hua vaada yaad dilaana chahthi thi... lekin..ab mujhe pata hai ki tum us vaade ko apni Sab kuch deke bhi nibhaoge..bas ...agar kisi bhi vajah se tumhara Dil dukhe .."

"Massima....aap kyun yeh Sab soch ke pareshaan ho rahe ho..."Abir said trying to tone down her anxiety.

."Mishti aur Kuhu...donon Meri responsibility Hain..aur.mein kabhi bhi aapka bharosa nahi thodoonga..."

******

Mishti woke up with a start...!

Today is Badimaa's surgery...!

She was about to jump from the couch that she noticed that she was sleeping on the couch..!

Abir...!

She looked around and found a neatly folded blanket on the chair where she had fell asleep.

Kuhu was tossing left and right as the sunlight disturbed her...

Kunal too was showing signs of waking up..

Mishti got up and freshened up and as she came back to the lounge.. 

she saw Kuhu and Kunal sipping hot coffee...a cup waiting for her....No sign of Abir...

Kunal..ducked his head and saved his coffee from the ballistic cusion that came his way...

"2AM..!!.2 baje Tak mein jaagthi Rahi...!..tumhara toh khair nahi...aaj ka din finish hone do ..mein chotimaa ko Bata deti Hoon...kaise tum donon ne mujhe akeli chodke gayi.."

Mishti stood with hands on her hips as Kuhu made sad face saying..

" Mein bol Rahi thi na ...laut jaate hain..lekin ye nahi maan Raha tha"

" Kaun ?? Mein!!?"
Kunal's exaggerated response was comical..

"Donon ko tho mein dekh loongi..lekin ab mujhe Badimaa ki paas jaana hai..."

Mishti put on her specs..

"Waise tum itni chid Kyu Rahi ho...Kal raat tum akeli thodi thi...Bhai tha na..WW3 toh nahi start Kiya na?"

Kunal tackled another cusion that whooshed  in his direction laughingly...

*****

Mishti sipped her coffee in a hurry and walked towards Rajshri's room.. dumping the cup on the way...

and she heard Abir....

"Mishti aur Kuhu...donon Meri responsibility Hain..aur.mein kabhi bhi aapka faith nahi thodoonga..."

Abir did not  know how to reassure Rajshri...

"Massima aap Mishti aur Kuhu ki tension Lena chod dijiye...hum Sab Haina..."

" Mujhe Kuhu ki tension nahi hai Abir...agar mujhe kuch Jo Gaya toh Mishti uski khayal apne se zyaada rakhegi..mujhe pata hai...Aur Shayad Shourya use apnaye.. lekin.."

Rajshri paused as her eyes teared up..

" Meri... Mishti akeli pad jaayegi... isliye mein tumse woh vaada Lena chahthi thi..."

Vaada..!!??

Mishti frowned slightly...Badimaa Abir ko mereliye pressurize Kar Rahi hai?!.

Rajshri slowly pulled Abir's hand to her head.

" Meri kasam Khao..beta.."

Abir was about to comply . suddenly a hand pulled his away from Rajshri..

" Mishti !"

She looked at him calmly..

" Mein Badimaa se kuch kehna chahthi Hoon Abir..tum.."

Abir looked at Rajshri and she nodded..

" Okay I'll be outside...woh half an hour mein Massima ko pre op check keliye shift karne waali hai..tum....take your time..mein Kuhu ko bhej deti Hoon.."

Rajshri looked at Mishti with guilt..

" Badimaa..aap yeh Kya karne wali thi..mere Aur Kuhu ki bare mein chintha karna aapka haq hai...lekin iss tarah Abir ko emotionally blackmail karne ka Kya Matlab hai?"

Mishti asked her in disbelief..Rajshri looked at her silently...

" Aapko  aisa nahin karna chahiye tha ..Aur Abir ,Kunal , Chotimaa..hum donon ka help Toh Kar rahe Hain na...phir aap akele Abir par humari responsibility kyun daal Rahi ho...?"

Mishti paused and took a breath...reining her emotions swiftly...

." Uska bhi ek life hai Badimaa...work hai..Ghar hai... Parivaar hein aur...umm... aage jaake Aur bhi responsibilities honge...aap humein Abir ki responsibility nahi bana sakthe... it's not fair on his life...waise Toh mein Aur Kuhu hamesha thodi Rajvansh mansion mein rehenge...apni betiyon pe bharosa nahi hai Kya .."

Rajshri.. caressed her cheek lovingly...

" Bharosa Haina...mein bas Abir se tumhe help..."

"Aap Abir ko jaante hai phir bhi pooch rahe ho?"

Mishti cut in...

"Mein us par ya kisi Aur par ek burden nahi bananna chahthi... Badimaa..bas aap apni health pe concentrate kijiye..Aur kuch nahi.."

Kuhu came in puzzled..

"Tu Dadi ko Kya samjha Rahi thi?... anyways bilkul theek keh Rahi thi...hum na aaj rone dhone wale nahi hai...we are happy that you are going to be better after this...hai na!!"

Rajshri smiled in affirmative...as Mishti hugged Kuhu...

*****

Rajshri was shifted to the pre-op.,

Nihaal came as she was rolled out of her room.

Mishti and Kuhu.. even though they put strong face before Rajshri...broke down as soon as she went..

Mishti turned and buried her face on her support... shoulders shaking lightly in sobs as his arms enclosed her in a safe haven..
Abir  tried to compose her ...

"sssshh.. Mishti..She is okay...she will be okay...mat ro....."

Mishti looked up to him through tear streaked specs...He held her with one hand and took the specks from her face ... rubbed off the tears gently and pulled her to his chest lightly murmering soothing words... holding on to her specs...

Kuhu had slipped slowly along the walls even before Mishti had lost it..

As if in a shock...a reality hit...

Kunal held her safe and made her sit on the corridor chair... rubbing her palm..

Nihaal checked Kuhu..and then turned around to look at Mishti...and a frown formed on his face indicating his confusion.

Abir's forehead was resting on Mishti''s...

Eyes  reflecting  her pain...and his fear..

Each drawing strength and relief from the other...

The frown of confusion was suddenly cleared from Nihaal's face as his eyes witnessed the raw anguish  in Abir's face ..

*****

The surgery extended for a tedious 9 hrs.

Meenakshi and Parul  had arrived at the hospital .

Mishti and Kuhu had composed themselves by the time they arrived...but as the hours of uncertainty increased fear too conquered the minds...

Abir paced in front of Mishti and Meenakshii...

Kunal nibbled on his nail sitting on the armrest near Kuhu as she leaned on Mishti for support.

Nihaal on the other hand timely arranged the needed hydration and refreshments for the Rajvansh's .and his eyes mostly trained on Abir .. picking up his  subtlest reactions to Mishti''s emotions and movements.... which had a whole new meaning now that he got wind of the context....

When the doctors finally wrapped up the procedure immediate family members were called in for the briefing...

Kuhu declined  meeting the doctors..her hand firmly clasped Parul's..

" Tum jao Mishti...waise mujhe kuch samajh mein nahi aayega Aur I don't want to make a scene there...Abir bro...aap jaao na iske saath.."

Abir looked at Meenakshii at Kuhu's request ...

Meenakshi paused a bit and then nodded in agreement..

" Mishti... c'mon.. Nihaal tum bhi aana...you can clear out our confusions if any later.."

The briefing was positive.. Doctors told them that they were successful in removing 95 % of the tentacles of the tumor.. with out damaging the brain tissues..the remaining must be slowly weeded out in due course by radiation as the next step followed by chemotherapy..

She need to stay at the hospital for post operative care accounting to recovery and evaluation of cognitive function and behaviour...then she can be discharged and can continue the treatment as an outpatient..at appointed periods..

The doctors were clear to Mishti that they just made Rajshri's fight easy for her but her fight was far from over...till now they were dealing with a malignant but less aggressive GM..they can only hope that the remission period will be as expected...

Mishti went through all the details and implications with a tightened gut...

She never knew when her hands sought support or when it was given to her...

"Thank you gentlemen..we have full faith in your team...and I assure you we all will ensure that she is kept in a positive environment..'"

Abir shook hands with the doctors as he encircled his other arm around Mishti..

Mishti...

Drained now as months of apprehension,days of fear and hours of uncertain terror took toll on her... 

Badimaa was safe !

.. safe...for now...!

She is not going to lose her...

.

Abir pulled her to him... giving her the support as they walked slowly to the waiting Family..Nihaal followed them .

Kuhu got scared by the way Abir was more or less carrying Mishti as they came in the lounge..

" Bro..M..M.. Mishti ko Kya hogaya...daadi theek hai na.."

Abir made Mishti sit as Kunal  hurriedly passed the water bottle to him.

Nihaal tried to calm down Kuhu..

" All is more than fine Kuhu... your Dadi is perfect...and doctors are hopeful as to a good recovery.. Mishti...she is okay ..just unburdening I think...she too need to rest..na.. she's been here for more than a week..Meenakshi aunty..why don't you take Mishti and Kuhu home...Abir can stay na?We'll inform you when she wakes up and then you can come .."

Mishti shook her head ..

" No Nihaal..I am okay..in fact I am relieved... sorry Kuhu Maine tumhe Dara Diya...lekin jab Tak Badimaa ko hosh nahi aajathe mein kahi nahi jaa Rahi hoo.."

Meenakshi and Parul looked at each other helplessly...

"Mein hoo na ..iss couch ko Maine na chodne ka vaada Kiya tha...aap log tension mat lo Mishti ka khayal mein rakh loonga.."

Kunal said jovially..and looked at Abir..

" Bhai aap sabko leke jaao na Ghar... Toronto de seedha hospital mein hai aap..haalat dekha hai Kya apna...ab toh yahaan tension ki koi baat nahi Hain toh aap sub Ghar chalke rest karlijiye.'

Abir looked at Mishty...she drank from the bottle and kept it aside and met his gaze half-heartedly...

She couldn't say that she was alright as he clearly saw her condition...

Meenakshi sat beside Mishti..." Beta...tum apni khayal nahi rakhogi Toh kaise chalega...mein samajhthi Hoon ki tum yehi rehna chahthi ho...ek sharth par manoongi...aaj tum poora rest loge yeh vaada karna.."

"Haan Chotimaa mein apna khayal rakhloongi..aap Kuhu ka khayal rakhiyega..yahaan mein manage karloongi.."

Mishti held her hand in assurance.

Abir was of two minds..

All of him wanted to be at her side ....

to take care of her..

to feed her ...

to pamper her.....

but that was his emotional need...

For now Kunal was there to support Mishti..

And there was no need of him to stay...and on work front he was pretty entangled right now..

Nihaal tapped his chin in deep thought as he scanned the flickering feels that passed through Abir's  otherwise guarded face..he turned his gaze to Mishti in confusion...

Abir's eyes fell on his BF's face and his eyes narrowed...

*****

Abir paced in his room...

Unable to work or rest.....

His need to see her was now at a tipping point...he knew for sure that he loved her...but never dare express his feelings because of the uncertainty around Kunal and Mishti relationship and more importantly Meenakshii and Mishti''s relationship...

His wrong step in any direction will affect his relationship with his brother and his mom...

But now all those pragmatic reasons to be away from her were crumbling as the sweet ache and angst plummelled his heart.

As he swiftly came down the stairs in casuals Abir saw  Meenu and Nanu and slowed down his pace..

" Kahin jaa rahe ho? Cycling? "

Nanu asked with mock seriousness..

Meenu covered her smile at Nanu's act..

"Umm...nahi...! Drive pe... will be back soon.."

Abir hurriedly moved to the door..but was stopped by Nanu's words..

" Are Gadheda ..baat Toh sun...acha hai ki tum drive pe jaa rahe ho... Meenu woh basket ise de de ...yeh deke aajayega..."

Nanu looked at Meenu...Meenu did not look convinced at what Nanu was going to do..

" Bapuji...Sam deke aayega na..Abir ko Kyu "

"Nanu...kaunsi basket..kiskeliye..aap batayiye mein deke aata Hoon.."

Abir said impatiently...

"Leke aao Meenu mein ise samjhatha hoon"

Meenakshi moved to the dining table to get the basket..

" Abir..yeh thoda Ghar ka Khana Aur fruits chocolates vagerah hai...tum Mishti ko de aana..."

Abir who was impatiently tapping his foot to get over whatever Nanu was blabbing about stilled at her name..

Mishti ke liye...

A smile glowed within him.. which he fervently tried not to spill over his face..

" Oh.. Okay..Kunal keliye bhi kuch rakh Diya hai na..."
Abir commented off handedly..

" Haan uss gadhede ke liye uska favorite bhi rakha hai..ab tum ise leke jao dedo..Aur phir Tera drive pe chale jaana.."

Abir took the basket from Meenakshii without commenting and waved at Nanu as he walked with a spring in his stride..

******

Kunal tried his best to make Mishti eat something...and after giving her dhamkis that he will call Meenakshi..Nanu ..Kuhu...none of which worked on her....

His eyes twinkling in mischief Kunal extended the sandwich to Mishti...

" Are Bhai aap aagaye...yeh kha nahi rahi...."

The sandwich was snatched from his hand and was stuffed in her mouth  in seconds... after that only she turned to the foyer...

Kunal was shaking with suppressed laughter and just as she realized she was fooled he scooted to safety..

" Wah Misht ..agar mujhe pata hota ki tum Bhai se itna darthi ho toh mein yeh saara khana aise hi khila deti tumhein..."

Kunal looked at the embarrassed face of Mishti and stifled his laugh..

"Chal ek Toh kha liya...ab fresh hoke so jaa..tune aaj Dara hi Diya tha mujhe.."

The concern in other wise peppy voice of Kunal now really made her take one more..

" Yeh tereliye kha Rahi hoon.tu kitna khayal rakhtha hai Mera..well lucky me ki mein Tera BF Hoon..mujhse bhi lucky woh hogi.....jise bhi tu Pyaar karega na... she'll be the luckiest girl in the world..."

Mishti bit into the sandwich ...Kunal blushed a little and just as Mishti registered the change in Kunal she sensed that Abir was there....

*****

Abir was relieved to have heard Mishti''s words..

So.. nothing romantic between them!!

She consider Kunal as her BF.. .

But the blushing forlorn face of Kunal looking at her  stopped his train of thoughts .

Kunal love Mishti!!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 461 3
A three-shot on MishBir.
13.6K 684 32
Story of a CID officer and a simple girl. Mishti feels low thinking herself to be unwanted and unimportant everywhere. Her life takes a 360° turns w...
42K 1.2K 22
It's a new dimension to the story of YHM from the point where Subbu reentered in Raman-Ishita's life.
13.7K 886 10
This story will revolves around a boy who falls in love at first sight ❤