Tenth Grade was Fun!

Από ThatPinnalPonnu

Sometimes you get things to happen your way and you're happy, sometimes you don't and you're hurt. What hurts... Περισσότερα

AUTHOR'S NOTES
PROLOGUE
1. RUSH HOUR
2. FRUSTRATIONS AND SURPRISES
3. HE'S HERE
4. FINISHING OFF IN STYLE
5. BRAIN FART
6. STORMY SEA OF MOVING EMOTIONS
7. YOU'RE FUCKED...NOT
8. UNFORTUNATE MISTAKES
9. LOCK-IN CONFESSIONS
10. SNIVELLUS ISSUES
11. UGLY BUS RIDE
12. MISSION LIKE LIKE
13. SOME SUPERHERO
14. TEAM 'SOMEONE ELSE'
15. MOVING IN
16. SAINT-LIKE REP
17. THERMOS OR SON?
18. LUCKY BASTARD
19. SKELETON SIMILARITIES
20. UNEXPECTED HELP
21. DRUNKEN RUINS
22. SURPRISE...SURPRISE?
23. BREAKING THIN ICE
24. CLUELESS DUMBOS
25. CUCKOO
26. LIKE DESTIEL SHIP
27. END OF AN ERA
28. VISITS
29. I LOVE YOU, BUT I'M SORRY
30. NOT-NERDS
32. THE TALK
33. JUST A NIGHTMARE...OF A MEMORY
34. SO DOES HE
EPILOGUE
Bonus Chapter
TEASER FOR SEQUEL SPINOFF
Q's and A's

31. DON'T WANNA HANG UP

52 4 68
Από ThatPinnalPonnu

Nikhil's P.O.V. (A/N: Because I'm still not back to my bitchy self)

Just as I lay on the bed, thinking about how to spend today and tomorrow, considering they are weekends, my phone rings.

I know I'm not alone.

The tune that Ritu had set up for me—when we were in the beginning of 9th grade and had started getting close to each other—starts playing and I remember the reason she had set that ringtone for her number in my phone and for my number in her phone.

"I like talking to you. I mean you used to be this frustrating creature but, it's like...like— I know I'm not alone, y'know." She had shrugged while dangling her legs from where she was sitting on the couch.

"You're into Alan Walker?"

She had looked confused for a second before realization about what she had just said dawned on her.

"I never intended to make that referen— hey you know what? Give me your phone." She had suddenly started beaming.

I had stopped midair, my chocolate-smeared hands nearing my mouth with the chocolate bar she had given me.

I showed them to her with a shrug to which she just rolled her eyes and trotted to me.

"May I?" She had gestured to my pocket.

I gave her the most 'Duh! You can' look and she went for the phone.

No, I'm not one of those jackasses who wear tight fitted pants so what you're wondering hadn't happened.

But nonetheless she had looked flustered when her hands came out with my phone and she unlocked it with her fingerprint before tapping something in it.

Placing it on the table, she took her phone and did something to it as well and suddenly my phone rang with Alan Walker's 'Alone'.

She wiggled her brows at it and took my phone and tapped the screen a few times and the same ringtone came from her phone.

I shook my head and went back to eating the chocolate bar, hiding my silly smile as I chewed it.

Presently, I see a picture of Ritu poking her tongue flashing on the screen along with her name and number.

Sitting up I pick it up and don't even get to greet her before her voice reaches my ears.

"Nikhil, we need to talk."

I'm taken aback by the sudden chillness in her voice but I rule it out as some network problem and continue talking with her.

"Hey, Ritu. Uh...yeah, sure we can. Everything alright?" I ask her.

"Yeah, are you free at your house? Or would you like to come over to mine?"

"Anything's fine by me actually." I say.

"Um...shall I come over there then?" I can feel her hesitance.

But why the hell is she hesitating to come over here? It's not like her first time or anything.

"Sure, hey, are you sure everything's alrig—"

"I said I'm fine. I'll come there by 7:00 pm after having my dinner?" She interrupts me.

Well, at least she's coming over. I can talk to her then.

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."

"Hmm."

"Hmm."

"You gotta hang up y'know?" I grin.

"But I— you can do that too y'know?" Her voice comes almost whiningly and I can imagine the pout she would have on her face.

"Uh-huh?" I question teasingly.

"Yes-huh."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."

"Hmm."

"Hmm."

"I won't hang up." I sang out stubbornly.

"Fine, bye. Then I will." She grumbles out before hanging up the call.

I don't even hide the huge grin on my face and face-plant on my bed while on my knees, resulting in my ass to stay in the air. Shaking it a few times, I lazily slide till I'm spread-eagled on my stomach.

I look around the room as much as I can from my current position.

Feeling a bit generous to my belongings, I roll and get up, deciding to tidy up my room.

Ok I know I can't but let's just try to make it look a bit decent.

I keep the scattered books in their places, making sure not to tear away the bookmarks and sticky notes in them and...well, I turn around.

These books were the only things that looked shabby but why does it still look shabby?

Oh, yeah, because, the bed is not yet made, there are used dresses strewn across in a corner of the room near the laundry basket and the chair is definitely not in front of the table for which it was bought.

Also, did I mention that my backpack—more like backpacks—is hanging haphazardly from one of the bedposts?

Heaving an unnecessarily heavy sigh, I start tidying my room full-fledged.

And boy did I realize it was really difficult than working out.

Le sigh.

Did I just—? Oh, no.

***

Rithvika's P.O.V. (A/N: Because, obviously, hello! The bitch is back)

I had called Nikhil today in the morning to ask him if we can talk. I decided that the sooner I break it off, the better and more time we'll have to recover before our exams so it doesn't affect our academics.

We had ended the call in our typical not-wanting-to-end-the-call way which brought back old memories.

I honestly don't know why these memories come back now. We had done this a hell lotta time but never once did the memories come flooding.

Oh, I don't know! Maybe it's because YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE WITH HIM ANYMORE?!

Yeesh, I know. Do you think I'm happy about this?

No, and I know that there ain't no other way either. Sigh, I'm sorry.

Finally, we can agree onto something.

Feeling a bit hungry I have my dinner earlier by 5.30 pm. and get ready to go to Nikhil's house.

Thank god he agreed to talk in his house; I knew his parents had to go out today and will be back after a couple of days, so I asked him if I could come there because, seriously, I didn't want to talk about it in my house when my mom is here.

I leave, not before informing my mother that I'm heading to Nikhil's to which she wiggles her brows earning a hard eye-roll from me that a bit harder and my eyes would've rolled into my head.

Wow I'd love to see myself like that. Will I look like Rowena? But without the sexy-looking-redhead part?

"Oh, and take the key, I'm a bit tired so I'm going to bed early today. Make sure you go to bed here on time." my mom proclaims.

Taking the house key and leaving, I take my bike and show a bit of the anger I have on my situation on it—so basically, I went speeding down the road and at times, rode without my hands on the handlebar in deserted roads.

Parking in front of Nikhil's house, I gulp before going to his house.

When I reach the door I take a deep breath before ringing the bell and after a few moments of hearing some shuffling sounds, the door opens showing Nikhil in a black tank top and shorts with a towel across his shoulders.

Leaning in, he pecks my lips but I deepen the kiss desperately knowing that this might be my last ever kiss with him.

Pulling away with a 'whoa' and a confused look, he lets me in before locking the front door but doesn't delve into what just happened.

"So, what's up?" He questions, wrapping his arms from behind me.

"I want to talk."

"Mmhmm." He props his chin on my head.

I look around and notice something.

I pull away from him and walk to his room slowly and my doubts are confirmed.

"Did you clean up your house?" I lean on his once-chaotic-now-neat desk.

"Yep." He declares proudly with a grin that I feel constricting about what I'm gonna do to him.

"Oh, but you missed a spot." I say teasingly, enjoying the final few moments that we have.

"Where?" He spins, looking around his room, obviously believing me.

"Here." I walk to him and ruffle his slightly damp hair ferociously.

"Oh no you didn't." He pounces on me and I barely escape.

But then I trip on my own feet—wow I'm so coordinated—and I flail out my hands and grab Nikhil by his shirt and we both fall on the bed with him on top of me.

He straddles me while caging me with his hands on either side of my face, his face bearing a malicious smile that says 'gotcha!' before his fingers start tickling my neck.

He knows.

I laugh so hard, squirming under him and I hit him on his chest with my hands.

Grabbing them he pins them above my head as our chests heave from laughing.

He intertwines our fingers and leans in slowly, our eyes locked in a trance of their own.

"I guess I missed another spot too." He whispers.

Once he's close enough that our noses were touching, he runs the tip of his nose along the length of mine—creating a slight smudge on the lenses of my EDITH glasses, but I couldn't care any less—and captures my lips with his in a sweet and painfully slow kiss.

Or so it started before escalating into a tongue-tango, his hands leaving mine as they run along my sides, down my thighs and lifting my legs up.

I wrap them around his waist as my own hands tangle into his hair as I kiss him back feverishly, both of us biting and sucking and kissing each other's lips, our tongues fighting for dominance.

His lips leave mine and move to my jaw and down my neck before tracing back to my lips.

A soft sigh escapes my lips as our lips meet again—

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO TALKING?

I immediately pull away from him, dropping my legs and catching him off guard.

(A/N: That's all the action you're getting. Like, I said, I'm back to my non-generous, bitchy self and I lub taunting y'all)

He looks at me with wide eyes before starting his rant

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I just— got carried away. Sorry Ritu I..."

I tune out his words as I close my eyes and catch my breath.

Not gonna lie, that was the best make-out session I've ever had in my life. Not that I've kissed a bunch of people but in all seriousness, it was fan-friggin-tastic!

I think back to how his touch was on my body, his lips feverish as they moved down my neck—

Get a grip!

I open my eyes quickly.

"Nikhil, we must stop."

"I know, I should've. I'm sorry I did tha—"

"No. I didn't mean it that way." I interrupt him.

And before a relieved expression could come on his face, I put on my upgraded-poker-face before breaking it.

"I meant that we're over."

A/N: Hmm, what's Nikhil thinking rn?

Welp, what're y'all thinking rn?

Thoughts? Vote and comment, please and thank you!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Just Friends Από Sanjh

Ρομαντική

37.9K 3.5K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
954 75 48
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...
239 37 19
He came forward and shook hands with me and said, " Nice to meet you, Miss kashyap " like I'm a stranger to him. But I am anything but a stranger to...
14.3K 866 72
"ℍ𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘....." ★★★ AARYANSH × ISH...