Not Your Ordinary Millionaire...

By 2129887Hb

After losing her job, witnessing her boyfriend under the covers with another, and throwing up on a stranger... More

Driving All Day And Night
The Office
Meeting One Another
Voice Of An Angel
Contract Of Marriage
Taking A Day Off
Dinner With The Hallidays
Decorating For Christmas
New Years Phone Calls
Flirting
Being Sick
Shopaholic For A Wife
Kissing And Canning Jam
Jealous Husband
Valentines Ball
Stress
New York
Cheating On One Another
I Just Won't Tell You
Happy Birthday
Forgiveness
Easter
A Second Engagement
The Press Conference
Mother's News
Doubt
An Unrequited Love
His Side of the Story
Treating Harry
First Trip Together
Decietful Liza
A Break from Josie
My Thing with Ryan
We Just Don't Belong Together
All Alone
Sophia
Sophia's Secret
Epilogue

Trust

1.5K 55 5
By 2129887Hb

*Josie*

My hands rested on my round belly as I looked out the window of the airplane. The thought of why I was flying right now over the country had my breathing quicken.

In. Out. In. Out. I chanted in my head as I tried to steady my breath.

It's been 6 weeks since Harry and I saw each other. The baby will be due in two.

Crazy how fast time flies. Never before had I thought my life would drastically change in little less than a year.

I got pregnant, broke up with my boyfriend, married a millionaire, was a millionaire myself, got my chance at music, divorced the man I married, engaged myself to my ex-boyfriend, and will be married once this baby boy is born.

Yeah, a lot has happened, and it hasn't even been a full year.

I was a bit hesitant to answer Harry's call but I did. I didn't know what to expect. He began and asked if I wanted to come down and grab my things from the house. Or he could just send me my things. I admitted that everything in that house of ours was his. He said nonsense and that it was my payment and end of the deal for posing as his wife for so long.

Is that how he sees our relationship? I know he loved me, have I really broken him? Is this how he has gotten over me? By lying to himself that I was nothing but another business deal?

He said there was someone he wanted me to meet and I decided that it would be a good thing to help him move on if I came and probably give him closure.

So now I am on an airplane barely able to contain my fast beating heart.

I flew across the country and took in a deep breath when I saw Harry's black car parked outside of the airport in Seattle.

He was leaning against the vehicle and pushed off of it when he saw me coming towards him.

He smiled and I kindly smiled in return. "Hi, Josie!" I didn't know what to do or say but Harry seemed to, and that really made me relieved.

My ex-husband hugged me and I hugged him back with a, "Hi, Harry." We broke the hug making me glad he didn't linger. He opened the door and I climbed in.

He got my bags then we were off to the mansion. The drive was silent and I looked out the window the whole time realizing that I kind of missed the green city.

Harry soon pulled into the driveway of the mansion and I also realized I missed the house, too. I'll admit, I kind of liked it more in Seattle than in New York City. I could probably convince Ryan to move here, of course far from Harry and Robinson Incorporation.

"Sophia has been a big help in gettin the house ready for you. I can't wait for the two of you to meet." He seemed happy as we both climbed out of the car. He grabbed my bags but before he could lead us inside, I grabbed hold of his arm and he turned towards me.

"Please," I began, "tell me you didn't bring her here to make me jealous." He touched my hand on his arm and smiled.

"I really like this girl, Josie. She's really helped me through this whole thing. I'm sorry if it feels as though I am trying to spite you in any way." I smiled in return and nodded my head, withdrawing my hand from his arm.

"Let's go meet this Sophia!" I cheered. We carried on into the house only for me to be not mentally ready for the memories to start flooding in. This was once our house. We built a home together. But I ruined it. And there is no going back. I am in love with Ryan, thats final. I once loved Harry, but ... not anymore.

My ex-husband led me into the kitchen where I found a young woman with light blond curls and a chubby figure burning food on the stove. I chuckled as Harry ran over to the girl in need who was panicked and looked completely overwhelmed by not only the food burning but also me showing up.

As Harry threw the pot under cold water, Sophia wiped her hands on a damp cloth then held one out for me to shake. She was cute with rosy cheeks and large brown eyes that complemented her cute freckles. She kind of reminded me of myself but she was a bit taller and much younger. I was already tweny-five-years-old and man did this girl make me feel older than that. She coudn't have been older than twenty. But she seemed right for Harry.

"Hi, I'm Sophia."

"Josie." I was slightly jealous of her British accent. "So, you're the one that saved Harry, I assume."

"I guess you could say that. Though he literally is the one who saved me."

"Oh?"

"Well," Harry came around and placed a gentle hand on Sophia's waist.

"I have a crazy ex-boyfriend back in London." I just nodded. I wanted to say: "Oh, yeah, he likes to save girls like us from our ex-boyfriends and past pathetic life." But I hardly know anything about Sophia and I knew that it was too quick to judge. But it has only been six weeks since we last saw eachother. And it's been five since we divorced. I wondered how the two were already so close especially considering Harry is not exactly the outgoing type.

"I can help with dinner," I offered seeing as dinner was burnt and in the sink.

"Oh, Harry mentioned you being an excelent cook and baker. Maybe you can help give me a few pointers."

"Or, you could just watch." I walked past her without seeing the pathetic look on her face. I could only imagine the look Harry was giving me now. I honestly didn't care. This girl thinks she can just waltz into my house and act like she is in charge. I guess maybe I thought Harry would take a little longer to get over me. I didn't think one night in his home country would end with him bringing home a slut who only wants his money. I can see it in her eyes. She is only after innocent Harry's money. Flip! I can already see it now. This chick fattenting herself up with jewelry and fancy dresses and purses. She's gonna drain him and ruin everything he's built. And he'll probably be so paronoid forever about her leaving him that he is going to be a pet to her so she stays around. Oh, gosh, what have I done? I have ruined this man's life forever, I will forever be his best wife ever who gave him false expectations and hopes. This Sophia girl is only going to use his vulnerability and get away with murder!

*Harry*

Josie was acting strange. She was usually friendly towards anyone she met. I knew Sophia was a clumsy girl but Josie was kind of a clutz herself. They should be getting along together swell. So why is she acting so rude?

Sophia clutched her stomach and walked out of the kitchen. I listened to her walk down the hallway and shut the downstair's bathroom door.

That's when I let it out on my ex-wife. "What's up?" I asked with narrowed eyes as Josie grabbed a stool. She ignored me and stepped onto the stool after placing it on the floor in front of the cupboards. She opened one and looked around for ingredients. "Josie," I said sternly. "Sophia is a nice girl. What is the problem with her that you have to be so hostile towards her?"

"I'm not being hostile towards anyone." She turned away and began cooking once she had all her ingredients and pans.

I grabbed her arm and turned her around. She knew what the look in my eyes meant.

"Fine." She sighed. "I guess I'm just a little confused."

"Confused?"

"Yeah. I mean. It's been what, two weeks since you've met Sophia?"

"Yeah, so? You and I slept together after only knowing each other two weeks."

"But ... how do I explain this?" She cooked a little then sat on a hip and looked at me. "Harry, you and I were married and ... in love, and I know that I am the one who messed up. But you proposed to me for real like two months ago. You're telling me that you've gotten over me that fast?"

"Yes." I answered without hesitation. She seemed taken back as she literally moved her body a few inches back. "Yes." I repeated. "I'm over you, Josie. I'm not gonna live my life in self pity and wallowing because I know you will never love me again like you once did. You're with the one you truly love. You guys were made for each other. I am in position to get in between a man and a woman who are expecting and who have figured out their feelings for each other. What you and Ryan have, you and I never did."

"And what's that?" She hesitated to ask.

"Trust."

"You ... you never trusted me?"

"We never trusted each other equally throughout our relationship. At times it was there but only for one of us." Josie turned back to her food. She looked sad. Not sad that I was no longer hung over her, but because she has realized it too.

"I'm sorry, Josie," I said with a heavy sigh.

"No, I get it now. You're completely right. You and I ... our relationship was ... fake half the time." I nodded solemnly. She threw her head to her side with a smirk. "Go check on your girl." I chuckled and nodded.

I walked down the hall then knocked softly on the bathroom door. "Sophia? Baby? Are you okay?" It was quiet. Then the toilet flushed and the water to the sink turned on them turned off. Soon I heard the lock of the door snap and the handle turn. I backed away as the door opened revealing my girlfriend with tear streak stains on her round rosy cheeks. Her eyes a little puffy. I went to pull her into a hug but she pressed against my chest.

"I shouldn't have come." She said she looked at my feet.

"Yes you should have. I am so glad you did. I wouldn't have been strong enough to call Josie."

"Then maybe I was wrong to have encouraged you to mend ways."

"I am so glad you did, Soph." I hugged her and she was surprised as I had practically thrown myself on her stout figure. "I am so glad you did. We have both gotten closure because of you. Because of you, we both know why our relationship was in fault all along." I grabbed her chubby cheeks, or actually, I made them chubbier than usually as I squished her face, making her look silly and adorable. "I trust you, Sophia, something that I could never admit to Josie throughout our marriage." Her face turned red and she struggled in my hold. I laughed then kissed her. I pulled her close and hugged her tightly. I pressed my lips against her blond hair and let out a breath once I felt her body give in. She nodded into my chest and we broke our embrace.

I pressed my hand on her back as I guided us back into the kitchen.

"Sophia I'm sorry," Josie said. My girlfriend shook her head.

"No, you're right. Let me watch you because this man is very high maintenance." Josie and I both laughed. "I'm gonna have to learn from someone who's lived with this guy." I pulled her in and kissed her temple.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 48K 33
GRAYSON ASTOR. New York City's most eligible bachelor was given an ultimatum-get married and earn the CEO position of his family company or remain si...
47.1K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
1.2M 40.2K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...
3.5M 133K 70
#Book 1 #3 in humor on 13.5.18 #33 in romance on 03.04.17 Started on : 5th december 2015 Ended on: 14th february 2017 Teresa Scarlet is witty, pretty...