Back To You

By ShortandSweet01

#144 in Teen Fiction 4/8/16 Ten year old Natalia Johnson was the shy girl who usually kept to herself. The on... More

Old Town, New School
More Than A Memory
Lost My Appetite
Not the Only New Kid
New Neighbors
Little miss popular
So, You're A Whore?
Oh Fudge
Friendzoned
Playing Cupid
BAD Things Come To Those Who Wait
Time For Revenge
Keeping Secrets
Jealousy Isn't Always Ugly
You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me
So Close Yet So Far
Making Amends
Night of Surprises
Memory Lane
Blast From The Past
Author's Note
Vacation For A Day
Left In The Dark
Lucky
Catch Your Breath
Much To Learn
Game plan
Return of the Beast
No Social Ladder
Frenemies
Movie Night
Unmasked
Finally
Home For The Holidays

Night of Surprises: Part Two

12.9K 381 38
By ShortandSweet01

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please Read The Author's Note at The End!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Enjoy~

RECAP:

Oh, no people. The most shocking part of this situation had finally become clear in my mind, A life-changing revelation, it was. They both looked scared, like they didn't know what I was going to do. Like I was some unstable creature that escaped from captivity.

I only managed one word.

"John?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I stood there with my mouth wide open, gaping like a fish.

"What, when did you, how, what?" I managed to stutter out. I took a step back.

"Nat, calm down. Let's just take a seat, okay?" Zander said calmly as he walked towards me.

He pulled me into the room and my head was spinning. I know I was overreacting, but it's not like I've lived through very many shocking events in my life. And, let's be honest people, who could have guessed that John was gay? Obviously not me.

The sound of the door clicking shut pulled me from my frozen state.

"John, you're gay?!" I practically yelled.

"Shh!" Zander clapped his his hand over my mouth and pulled me further into the bedroom. "Someone is going to hear you!"

I looked over at John, who was standing about a foot away with his arms crossed over his naked chest. He had a cautious look on his face as he stared at me. I bit my lip and took a deep breath to calm myself.

"So, you're gay then?" I asked more calmly.

He raised his eyebrows at me, glanced at Zander, and turned his attention back to me. He took slow, threatening steps toward me before looking me dead in the eyes.

"Look, anything that is said in this room, stays in this room. Got it?" He asked me coldly.

My eyes widened and I nodded my head.

John sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Yes."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yes?"

"Yes, I'm gay." He replied quickly.

I gasped. "Holy shit." I whispered. "Does anyone else know about this?"

"No, and they aren't going to." John said sternly.

I looked over at zander. He was sat on the bed staring at his hands in his lap.

"Zander?" His eyes shot up to mine and I could see the pain in them.

"Hey, what's wrong?" John kneeled in front of Zander. I had to clamp my mouth shut to keep in the 'awe' that wanted to come out at the sight of the two. How had I not seen their chemistry before?

Zander shook his head. "Nothing, I'm okay."

"No, you're not." John said before he sighed and rubbed a hand down his face. "You know why we can't tell people. We've talked about this before."

"Of course I know. I told you I'm fine." Zander insisted but John just rolled his eyes. It was almost as if they had forgotten that I was in the room.

I cleared my throat and they looked at me. "I really don't want to interrupt but, how long has this been going on?" I asked.

They shared a looked before Zander answered.

"A few months."

I choked on my spit. "Months?"

They nodded.

"How did you manage to keep your relationship a secret for so long?" I asked.

"John doesn't want anyone to know. So no one knows." Zander said quietly.

"Z, it's not that simple." John said with a groan.

"Why not? I know your parents are strict, but so are mine! I got through it! I could help you." Zander's voice was raising.

"I told you, after graduation. All we have to do is make it another year and then-"

"What if I don't want to wait that long? I'm so sick of hiding from everyone! What is holding you back, John? Are you embarassed?"

I started to take slow steps to the door. This was not a conversation that I should be hearing. It seems impossible that just ten minutes ago I was looking for a quiet bathroom where I could clear my own thoughts and I walked in on this.

"I," John paused. He had a seriously pained look on his face. "I don't know."

He sounded so vulnerable. I never thought that I'd see the day where John was anything but intimidating, but at that moment I just wanted to hug him. Which is the only reason I could think of for what I did next.

"I know this is private stuff, but maybe I can help." I said quietly.

"Why would we want your help?" John said harshly. Zander gave him a look.

"Hmm, I don't know John, maybe you don't need my help. You two seem to be doing perfectly fine all on your own." I said sarcastically.

They were quiet for a moment.

"How can you help?" John asked.

"Well, obviously I just found out about this, so this isn't going to be perfect advice but, it sounds like you're just having trouble coming out. Why?" I asked gently. I wasn't usually the 'therapist' type.

John sighed and sat down next to Zander. "I don't know I just-" he paused.

"Just what?" Zander asked.

"I'm scared." His voice was so quiet I almost didn't hear him.

"What are you scared of?" I asked.

He narrowed his eyes at me and studied my face, almost as if he was trying to decide if he could trust me or not. He squeezed his eyes shut and blew out a breath.

"I'm scared of people. Who and what is going to change. How many friends will I have after it's all over. Will my parents ever look at me the same." He rasped out.

I nodded my head in understanding. "That's totally understandable. I have to tell you though, everything is going to change when you come out. It's not all bad though. You can see clearly who your real friends are, and you won't have to hide anymore. And as for your parents, I don't know how they're going to react, but they have to love you. They may not agreee, but they do love you."

I bit my lip and hoped silently that I didn't make the situation worse. Suddenly a pair of arms was around me, naked arms, and I stiffened slightly before relaxing and hugging him back. John pulled back quickly and crossed his arms.

"Thanks." He turned to Zander. "Look Z, this is going to take some time, but I will try, okay?"

Zander smiled widely and threw his arms around John. When they started whispering sweet nothings to eachother I took that as my cue to leave.

I breathed out a deep sigh of relief when I exited the room and shut the door behind me. I leaned against it and let my head catch up with reality.

"Uh, you okay?" A voice asked me.

I turned and saw some random girl standing there.

I nodded as my cheeks heated up. "Yeah I'm fine."

I decided that this night had been eventful enough and turned towards the stairs to go look for Robyn. I made my way down the stairs and watched the wild teens partying it up in the spacious house. I looked around but no one looked familar to me. I decided to try the kitchen. I had almost made it through the doorway when I was almost knocked to the ground by a small brunette with a blonde following closely behind.

"Woah, what is going on?" I asked them.

"Nat! We've been looking everywhere for you!" Chrissy exclaimed.

"Why?" I asked cautiously.

"Well," She giggled and Robyn smiled behind her. "Remember that revenge plan that Katie was working on?"

"Yeah?"

"It's happening." She whispered excitedly.

"What? When?" I exclaimed.

"Right now!" They both started giggling.

"What do you mean?" I asked with wide eyes.

They suddenly got really close to me.

"You may not know this, but Rebecca is completely obsessed with her hair." Robyn said.

I nodded my head. It was easy to see that she was obsessed when she was constantly brushing it, primping, spraying it down with that noxious gas she calls hairspray or *insert shiver* dry shampoo. It wouldn't be so bad if the locker rooms had windows, or, you know, she used an appropriate amount, but she likes testing our lungs after P.E.

"Yeah, so Katelyn was going to put hair bleach in her hairspray while we were in the gym." Chrissy said.

I gasped.

"But! We told her that that was too drastic even though she probably deserved it." Robyn continued.

"So tonight, when Katelyn saw Rebecca getting totally shitfaced, she came up with the perfect idea!" Chrissy said with a wide grin.

"And that idea was?" I asked.

They giggled again and pulled me into the kitchen. In the middle of the kitchen there was a kitchen island, then after that there was a long counter/bar. I looked over the counter to the dining room table where a petite, brown haired girl was passed out. That girl was Rebecca.

Standing over the girl was Katelyn who was waiting patiently with something in her hand.

"We found her!" Chrissy whispered loudly.

"Technically she found us, but whatever." Robyn whispered just as loudly. I looked over to a small crowd forming a foot or two away from the table. Andrew and the rest of the guys(Excluding John and Zander) were there. They all had wide grins and smirks on their faces, which only made me more anxious.

"What are we doing?" I finally asked.

"Revenge." Katelyn said with a smirk as she turned around to face me. I gasped when I saw what was in her hand.

A razor.

"What kind of revenge"? I was starting to freak out.

"Oh relax, we aren't going to hurt her." Katelyn waved me off. "Not physically anyway."

"But-"

"So, here's the plan." Katelyn said cutting me off. "You are going to shave off her eyebrows."

My eyes almost popped right out of my skull. "What?!"

"I've thought about it and it's our best bet. We cant shave part of her hair. It would be too easy for her to cover it up. We can't shave her whole head with this shit razor," She held up the cheap, used razor that she probably found somwhere in the house. "So eyebrows are the way to go."

"That makes sense, but why do I have to do it?" I whined.

"This revenge is for you, Nat! And you need to live a little. Now, go shave that girl's eyebrows off!" She said sternly. I jumped a little.

I bit my lip and slowly raised a shaking hand to take the razor from her. She moved aside and gestured for me to go forward. I let out a shaky breath and looked over to the guys. They all looked like they were trying not to laugh. Andrew gave me a thumbs up and I glared at him but I was fighting a smile. I looked down at Rebecca. She seemed so peaceful and innocent when she slept. What a joke.

I leaned closer and lifted the razor so that it was hovering over her perfectly plucked and shaped eyebrows. I was about to start when I heard a yelling coming from the living room. Suddenly John came bounding in.

"Are you pranking her now?" He asked excitedly.

Everyone nodded. He grinned and went over to stand with the rest of the guys and Zander came in more calmly and stood next to them.

I swallowed and lifted the razor again. Okay, I thought, You can do this. In three..............two...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wooh!" I yelled loudly.

Robyn and Chrissy laughed at me from the front of the car and Katelyn smirked beside me. We had left the party about ten minutes ago and were now all headed to Chrissy's house for a girl's night. I had never felt more alive in my life.

"That was so much fun!" I exclaimed.

"That was like the most harmless prank in the world. I held it back because I knew if it was too intense you wouldn't be able to do it." Katelyn said with an eyeroll.

"Well, what would you have done?" I asked her.

She pursed her lips in thought for a moment before answering. "If it was my revenge I would have shaved her top lip so that in a couple of days she wake up to find a nice little mustache growing in." She said with a shrug.

I gaped at her before bursting out with laugher.

"You're probably right, I don't think I'd be able to do that." I said.

When I shaved her eyebrows off completely the crowd cheered. We were so loud, I'm surprised the drunk little princess didn't wake up. I'm glad she didn't though. If she did, we wouldn't have gotten as many good pictures with her. Especially John. He was very excited about the whole thing.

Now I was bursting with adrenaline. I sat back in my seat and sighed happily. This night was so worth the hell Rebecca was going to give me on Monday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLLOOWWWWW Readers!

So to start off I would just like to point out that I DO have a life: AP classes, senior project, and extra-curricular activities. I am sorry if I can't update every week but I am trying. I would appreciate it if you guys could just be a little bit more patient. I'm sorry if that's too much to ask.

In other news: Here is the update, finally! I will have The Swap and The Locker Revolution updated also by Sunday! So look for that!

This chapter was a fun one to write I'm sorry it's a little short :( But another side of John was shown :) I completely love John and Zander together.

Also new cover!! It was made by @tanyanncat !! Thank you so much :) let me know what you guys think of it!

Well I don't really have much else to say sooo............ But please remember that this is unedited so please comment any mistakes that you notice.

ALSO BE WARNED: I am running off of five hours of sleep for the past three days so I'm sorry if this sounds like a drunk person worte it.

I love all of you!

Please COMMENT and VOTE!!!

Until Next Time........

~Lori~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 4.7K 59
Natalia Stevens is smart, nice and shy-and this is exactly how everyone sees her. Even day-to-day conversations with friends and classmates are diffi...
349K 11.5K 46
"Who the hell are you little girl?" He asked. "A human unlike you jackass," I snapped immediately, surprised by my own answer. His grip loosened as h...
841 106 24
If you think that this is another cliche book with the good girl falling for the bad boy, or the good girl turning bad, I dare you to read this book...
771 28 32
Maddie and Amber are best friends that have known each other since 5th grade. They have gone through thick and thin together, causing one another tro...