Loki's Pain

By PharrellRaven

My first ever fan-fiction. This will be set after his attack on New York, but before Ragnarok. This is inten... More

Chapter One- Unexpected Hero
Chapter Two- On the Run, Kinda
Chapter Three- Mental Scars
Chapter Four- Save Him
Chapter Five- Dark Secrets
Chapter Seven- His Defender
Chapter Eight- Unexpected Treat
Chapter Nine- Panic and Tears
Chapter Ten- Loss
Chapter Eleven- Trauma
Chapter Twelve- The Lost
Chapter Thirteen- The Shame
Chapter Fourteen- Tony
Chapter Fifteen- Moving On
Chapter Sixteen- Dreams and Nightmares
Chapter Seventeen- "I Have Concerns..."
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Chapter Eighteen- Peter Comes Back
Chapter Nineteen- Peter, Ash, Loki, and Adam...
Chapter Twenty- Peter Wonders and Tony Worries
Chapter Twenty-one- Misunderstandings
Chapter Twenty-two- Ash's Problems Grow
Chapter Twenty-Three- Thor Returns
Chapter Twenty-Four- Strange Arrives
Chapter Twenty-Five- Straining for Hope
Chapter Twenty-Six- Time Passes, Anger Grows
Chapter Twenty-seven- The Bot Becomes
Chapter Twenty-eight- Fear, Pain, and a Fever
Chapter Twenty-Nine- Tony Troubles
Chapter Thirty- Change is Coming
Author's Note: Please Read! Edited!
Chapter Thirty-One- Revelations
Chapter Thirty-Two- Moving Forwards
Chapter Thirty-Three- Xavier
Chapter Thirty-Four- Poofing, Bamfing, and Banging
Chapter Thirty-Five- A Little Birdy Said
Chapter Thirty-Six- Catherine
Chapter Thirty-Seven- What Can it Mean?
Chapter Thirty-Eight- A Day in the Life
Chapter Thirty-Nine- Changes Manifest
Chapter Fourty- Fast Fear
Chapter Fourty-One- Changes
Chapter Fourty-Two- Beast-Like
Chapter Fourty-Three- Unexpected Confrontation
Author's Note/Questions
Author's Update!!!Please Read!
Chapter Fourty-Four- Kurt's Pain and Loki's Guilt
Chapter Fourty-Five- Love is in the Air

Chapter Six- Save Him Too

123 10 1
By PharrellRaven

Loki woke up with a start, coming up short when he was stopped by the shackles on his arms and legs. He looked around with utter confusion, the last he could remember he had still been in the cave with Ash.

He soon hissed in pain as his head began to ache, yet his thoughts seemed oddly clear for the first time in years. Looking over he saw Ash slumped across the bed rail, one hand holding his while the other gripped Tony Stark's. A pinch of jealousy wormed it's way into his heart, though he could not grasp why. Oddly enough, Tony Stark was also slumped over in a nearby chair, his head resting on the wall behind him.

Banner was the only one awake, too busy checking a variety of monitors to notice that Loki had woken up yet. Loki attempted to use that distraction to his advantage, trying to pick the locks with his magic, only to set off several alarms in the process.

"Don't bother." Banner stated, not bothering to look up as he turned the alarms back off. Several Avengers were already sliding into the room with weapons drawn by the time the noise stopped. "Ash brought you to us because you were in a coma. He needed our help to wake you up. But that also means you are inside the Avengers Tower. Even if you get the shackles off, you still have all the other security to bypass. So just sit back and recuperate like a good little patient first, alright?" Banner spoke bluntly, raising one thick eyebrow at him when he finally glanced over at Loki's stunned face.

"Ash brought me here?" Loki asked, his voice raspy. "Yeah, why? Hard to believe he gave a shit about you?" Banner questioned, understanding that Loki might consider it a betrayal and determined to prevent that, "He didn't really have a choice. We are the only ones around even a tad familiar with Asgardian physiology, or that would have the tech to check you over. If he took you to a regular doctor they might have done you more harm than good. And before you say, 'I'm a god, I wouldn't die!' You almost did. Your mind was being overwritten by a guy named Maw. Even if your body was still walking around, you would have been long gone. Since you're awake now, it means that Ash just saved your ass. Be sure to thank him when he wakes up."

Loki was too stunned to respond, and just relaxed back onto the bed. It was only Natasha that noticed Loki's hand grip Ash's a tad tighter, refusing to let go.

Once it was clear that Loki wasn't going anywhere, the Avengers slowly slipped away again. First Clint, then Rhodes, and finally Natasha. Banner stayed where he was, slowly growing more concerned as Ash and Tony failed to wake up. Eventually he rushed over to Ash, lifting his eyelids and checking his pupils response to light, as well as his pulse. He had hoped his equipment had been wrong, but they weren't. His pulse was growing weaker, and his eyes hadn't reacted to the light. His mind wasn't connecting properly, something interfering with his brain's neural feedback. If something wasn't done soon, he might die. Banner tried waking Tony as well, hoping that their mental link might bring him back that way, only for Tony to snap up as if he'd been having a nap. Ash was still out.

Banner quickly explained the problem to Tony as he rushed over to signal for more doctors.

"Wait." Loki said softly, his voice almost missed amongst the sudden chaos. Banner started to pull Ash away from him, but Loki refused to let go. "Wait!" He said again, his voice stronger now. Banner stopped, looking at him questioningly. "He used a mental link, right?" Loki asked, "Went into my head?" Banner nodded. "That takes a lot of energy. If he wasn't used to it, then he probably used too much. Get him sugar. Honey, anything with a lot of nutrients. His brain has depleted them..." Loki explained, still not letting go of his hand. Banner sent a nurse after the supplies as soon as she rushed in the door a second later, as he hurried to grab another hospital bed and lifted the boy into it. Ash and Loki's two hands never parted though, and Banner wondered about it for a moment only to realise that it wasn't just Loki holding on, but Ash as well.

"Loki....you know how, don't you? If not, how would you know about the sugar?" Banner asked, a small hope springing to life in his chest. "Yes, but I am exhausted as well. I think it best that I guide someone else." Loki admitted. Right then the nurse returned along with half the team, everyone speaking at once, and asking what was happening. Tony got knocked out of his chair as he was shoved aside. Still half awake, he sputtered indignantly before being told to shut it.

Tony stood up, demanding to know who said it, only for Banner to yell, "SHUT UP!!!" Suddenly, everyone froze, all voices silenced.

"Ash is currently dying, so if you are not medical staff, get the hell out unless you are called for!" Banner said tersely, his skin tinged green. Not one person felt like fighting the Hulk at that moment, so they all scrambled to leave after dropping whatever treat they had brought along. After that Banner walked over and unlocked the shackles on Loki's wrists before tossing him a jar of honey. "You have to try. Ash doesn't have enough time to train someone new. It's you, or no one." Banner stated, blunt in his sudden exhaustion, grabbing another jar he began to squeeze small amounts of honey into Ash's mouth.

At first, nothing happened, but after a few minutes he slowly began to swallow. Licking his lips and coughing was the first real indication of improvement. After that, Banner checked his vitals again, happy to see them climbing back into normal ranges.

"He still will not wake back up. His mind is too far removed. But now that his brain is functioning properly again, I should be able to call him back." Loki stated quietly, clearly relieved himself.

"You really do care. Don't you?" Banner asked him as he continued to slowly feed Ash more honey.

"Of course I do." Loki replied, seeming almost offended by the question.

"I mean about him, specifically." Banner clarified, glancing over at Loki to guage his reaction.

"He is a good kid. He deserves far better than what he got." Loki said softly, looking over at him on the bed, "He did not know what was happening, only that I had saved him. You will not punish him for inadvertently aiding me, will you?"

"Honestly, I had actually forgotten all about that. But I doubt he will have to worry about it. Starks rarely get in trouble even when they do commit a crime." Banner joked glibly, leaving Loki looking confused. "Oh! That's right! You don't know yet." Banner said with a smile, "Ash found out from Fury, his birth parents were named Stark, not Thompson. His dad was Howard Stark's half brother. So he is actually Tony's cousin. Crazy, isn't it? The 'kid' is also around 30 years old, though right now he looks closer to 16....." Banner chuckled again, shaking his head as he tossed the now empty bottle of honey in the trash and looked for something else to feed him.

Loki didn't reply, unsure what any of that might mean.

"If it makes any difference to you, he didn't know either. He had no idea." Banner informed him. Loki simply pretended not to care, refusing to acknowledge Banner's statement, though it did relax him somewhat. 'Though I have no idea why. Why would it bother me in the first place? I have no claim on him.' Loki thought to himself, 'Though...it does explain why they would be holding hands...somewhat....kind of...' Even Loki's own mind's voice let out a growl of frustration at it's own confusion before he simply refused to contemplate the matter any further.

Having finally finished his own bottle of honey by then, he felt immense relief. The few cobwebs left in his head began fading swiftly. He tossed the empty bottle into the same container that Banner had his and turned his attention back onto Ash. With a few calming breaths to center himself he closed his eyes and reached out with his thoughts, seeking Ash's own. His own skills with telepathy were not insignificant, but had rarely been exercised with anyone but his mother.
Ignoring the pain of that thought, Loki stretched out further, seeking any acknowledgement at all. Eventually he felt a flicker, almost like a butterfly's wings fluttering against your fingertips, and he grasped onto it tightly.

Ash?

Loki queried, wanting to assure himself he had found the right mind, though the texture and feel of this mind just felt right.

L-loki?

Ash's thoughts were faint, and could barely be heard at first, slowly getting stronger as their link grew.

Yes. Come back with me now, Ash. You need to wake up.

But....I'm so tired. It's calm here, and I want to sleep.

This is not sleeping, little one. If you stay like this, you will die. Your brain is trying to shut down.

Dying?

Yes.

Loki could feel Ash hesitate. He felt his almost-reluctance to return, even if it meant his death. Loki understood. This silent darkness was appealing. There was no pain here, no despair, no grief. But there was no joy or happiness either...no love.

I'm so tired, Loki.

I understand, but you must come back.

Why?

You have a brother waiting for you, do you not? Also, you have yet to irritate your cousin, the Tin Man. You must do that at least once before you die. Also... there is me. Would you have me die?

You!? Why would you!? I saved you, didn't I?

Yes, but now I am here with you, and I will not leave you here to die. So, if you stay...so do I.

No! You can't! I fought so hard!

But I will. I will stay until the very moment you wake up.

Loki felt Ash's mind surge against his, refusing to allow him to die, and Loki chuckled.

I thought so. You are the type that is far more willing to fight for others, rather than yourself.

A cocky smile was evident in the tone of Loki's thought, and Ash responded by sending him a mental picture of a hand with it's middle finger raised, though his own amusement colored it. Loki simply laughed as he monitored Ash's progress, guiding him along until he felt Ash wake up, before he retreated back into his own head. Just as he had promised, he had stayed right up until that very second.

The only oddity, as Loki's mind slid away, was the curious sensation of being watched. Loki shook off the feeling, sure it was nothing more than his imagination. Who could be watching them within their linked minds, after all?

Author's Note:

Welp, chapter six already.....im slowly making progress!! Lol. I will be starting back up on my other novels soon as well, so keep an eye out for those updates too!!

As for this, I know it is a tad shorter again, but it seems like a natural stopping point for the chapter. I will be updating the next chapter soon, so you won't wait long. Promise!!

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween and a safe Election Day!! Be safe and Stay Healthy!!

Pharrell Raven^~^

Author's Notes:

01/16/2024- minor edits.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.3K 50
A slow burn fanfic. Marvel, Loki x reader Y/n = your name E/c= eye colour H/c= hair colour This is my first fanfic so please be nice ;) , construct...
69.8K 1.9K 22
Trapped in a cell for eternity, Loki has become increasingly bored and frustrated. That is until a fragile girl is thrust into his cell unceremonious...
5.2K 207 18
Hiii!! This is my first story ever so please no hate ♥: Before we begin I just would like to tell you the this is A LOKI ROMANCE STORY. So prepare th...
4K 75 6
*NO LONGER UPDATING* WARNING: 18+ SMUT/LOVESTORY Loki Laufeyson x Reader (Y/N) After noticing a rather attractive woman in the lift up to stark's pen...