ME & HIM ✔︎

By badgaaltina

After the death of her parents, China moved in with her aunt in Florida. But After a couple of months, they m... More

cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
update
14
15
16

12

195 13 6
By badgaaltina

november 3,2020

•••

"Hello?"

"Hey, Boo." I held my phone firmly to my ear as I plopped on my bed. Moving around so much, my hair was messy.

"How you're doing?" He seem liked he came closer to the phone. I couldn't really hear him before. "We haven't spoken in a minute. I have been so busy getting my grades right and football practice."

"Yes, I know. I have been busy with work. I guess we're both busy."

       "Speaking of work. How is it? Do you like it?"  I heard background noise as if he had company over or something.

      "Work is great. Libby is so nice. I have been working the Coffee machine better than last time." I'm hoping he doesn't know about the embarrassment that happened the first time I began using the coffee machine. Cameron probably told him.

      "Ahhh." He laughed. "Heard about your little mistake."

      I smiled. "Shut up. It was my first time and he was making me nervous."

      "Nervous huh?"

      "Did I say nervous? China doesn't get nervous. I meant..." I was trying to find the right words for this. "He makes me annoyed."

     "Yeah. Haha sure." He said, knowing damn well I was actually nervous.

     "I'm serious." I got out my bed deciding to head in the kitchen to get a water bottle.

      "If you say so." He said. "Hey, listen, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out today?" He asks unsurely.

      "We wanted to hang out-" Dove interrupted over the phone and I immediately knew everyone was either over at his house or they were out.

      "Don't interrupt me, child."

      I rolled my eyes.

      "Uh, excuse me? I'm like the same age as you." She stated.

      After a moment, I didn't hear anything and I'm guessing the brat put me on mute and I huff. I ran back inside my room. I opened my closet and searched for something to wear. I looked over at my art book on my bed. I shrugged not wanting to hide it because nobody was gonna come in my room.

      I look back in my closet and grabbed my air forces and a T shirt. I already had pants on and I knew the shirt was going to match my pants. It was like a street wear outfit and that was my style. I like clothes that makes me comfortable. Not too tight.

      Although I don't judge or anything but some girls at school really be coming to school just to dress up to impress. I really don't mind them dressing up and everything but at least cover your boobs in class. There was this one girl I seen with a bra on and an open jacket she had on in class.

      Our school don't have dress code so imagine walking around on campus and seeing everyone's outfits. Some of them really dress nice. But others- I'm not gonna say anything.

      "China."

      "Did you forget about me? Why was I on mute?" I questioned.

      "Sorry. Cameron was interrupting my little argument with Dove" he laughed.

      "Oh." Was it something serious that they didn't want me to know? "How is he doing anyway?" I didn't want to be all up in their business.

      "He is doing fine. You fixed that arm pretty well, China."

      I smiled knowing I helped someone. "Thank you. I did the best I could. I have been watching too much grey's anatomy and the good doctor."

      He laughed and it went silent for a second. "Did I ever tell you, you surprise me?"

      "No but is that a good thing?" I asked, running my hands through my hair.

      "Yes. Yes it is."

      "I don't know why but I'm glad."

       "I'm glad you're glad." I can tell he was smiling through the phone. "Oh I forgot to tell you. We're not going out anymore."

      "Wait why not? Did I miss something?" A couple of minutes ago he wanted to go out. Now all of sudden they wanted to stay in?

      "We're coming over."

      "Over where?" I'm a little slow. "Wait my house?"

      "Yeah."

      "Why?"

      "Why not?"

      "But why though?"

       He laughed through the phone again. "China shut up. We're coming over in 10. Be ready okay? See ya." He hung up just like that and I was left standing there in my room.

     I decided to change because I didn't want anybody seeing me in a tank top. I had no bra on because it was low-key annoying having one on. I grabbed a bra inside my drawer and put it on. After, changing I grabbed my art book inside my bed and hid it under my pillow.

      I got a phone call again and I groan, picking it up. "Yes, Sofia?"

      "Um, we're going to a party instead." She said as if they didn't just change their minds for the second time.

       I rolled my eyes. "God damnit, make up your damn minds!"

      "Sorry!" She giggled. "Promise this is the last time. Thomas insisted. He said he wanted to party during thanksgiving break before school starts."

      "Can you believe it's been months since I moved back here? And it's already thanksgiving."

"I can't believe it either, girl."

"Are you on your way here?"

      "Yeah. We'll be there in 5. Talk to you when I get there?"

      "Alright. Be safe." I said as I hung up and began to pick up the clothes that were on the floor in my room, and threw it inside my basket of dirty clothes.

      I ran my hand threw my hair and scrolled on instagram, looking through funny videos and models much prettier than me. I began to feel a little jealous and threw my phone besides me on the bed and ran my hands on my face.

      Here I go again. Stressing over insecurities and shit. I hated it and I have to put on my happy face as soon as they get here. I know I haven't been talking about it but when I had my anxiety attack weeks ago, I felt different. Bad different.

      I wondered if I should tell Clarissa about it, or even Ariana. I haven't spoke to her in two days. She has been busy with practice, when she's usually home, I'm either at work or sleeping, or probably out at the library. Speaking of Ariana, I heard a knock on my door.

      "Come in." I said as I sat up on my bed, straightening myself to look healthy and happy. Ariana's face appeared and I smile at her. "Hey."

      "Hey, Chi." She walked in and shut the door behind her. "How's it going? Watchu up to?" She plopped on the bed next to me.

      "Nothing, really. I'm just waiting for Sofia to come pick me up. How about you?"

       "Same. Where you guys going?" She asked.

      "She wants to go to a party."

      She jumped out of my bed and skipped to my closet. "Oh my god, are you wearing a dress?" She opened it and put her hands on her hips. "Is China gonna wear a dress? Am I dreaming?"

      I laughed. "Maybe."

      She clapped. "Ah! You're so gonna look hot. Even that Cameron not gonna run after you."

     I raised my eyebrows. "What boy now? Ariana how many times do-"

     "China, shut up. Have you seen the way he looks at you? He looks like he would give you the world." She grabbed a black dress in my closet and threw it on my bed.

      "That's a complete lie. Do you know that the way he speaks to me. It's like he hates me or something."

      "Okay but that's because he's trying not to fall for you.

      I laughed. "You can dream a lot."

       I heard the doorbell ringed and she shrugged. "I'm gonna go get that. You stay up here and change." She closed the door and I heard her screaming. "Sofia!!!" It's crazy how close these two are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

778 3 12
I'm Kelsey and my girlfriend, Caylen, got into a bad car accident when we first started dating. Here's the story...
111K 3.5K 39
"I'll be home soon baby." Cameron Boyce finds himself smitten with Ada, a girl brought in by his mother to escape poverty and abuse. He finds himself...
2.5K 70 15
༄cameron boyce love story༄ HEAVILY UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
14.7K 352 74
It's a story about a campus love where a young boy was forced to marry a playboy and his bully who he never liked he was 2 years older than him so...