š“œš”‚ š“„š“®š“»š“«š“øš“½š“®š“·

By AndiBlackbird

Being the intended mate of a royal is the duty of a lifetime. To Princess Peregrine duty is everything. From... More

āœ¬ SUMMARY āœ¬
1. The Hope of a Realm
2. Wanting to Change Fate
3. On Our Respective Sides
4. Waking Up With You
5. Meeting Your Fate
6. The Engagement Celebration
7. We Could Run
8. A Forbidden Claim
9. Secrets in the Palms of Hands
10. We Were Once Wild
11. Of Snow and Daggers
12. Fear of the Realms
14. Mine For Life
15. How it Should Be
16. The Village in the Snow
17. Forbidden Fruit
18. The Doubt Between Us
19. A Vision Awakening
20. Decisions in the North
21. The Choice Between Love and Duty
22. Under These Conditions
23. Running Away From Falling Apart
24. The Forgotten Lodge
25. Of Beasts and Baths
26. The Magic of Breaking Bonds
27. The Salve to Her Wounds
28. Comfort and Discomfort
29. Bend and Break
30. Downside of Sight
31. Leaders of the Sky Realm
32. A United Front
33. Securing the Realm
34. Things That Cannot Be
35. The Possible Impossible
36. Waking Realization
37. Letting Instinct Take Over
38. Keeping Secrets
39. The Big Day
40. Mother of the Realms
41. The Courtyard
42. Naming Heirs
43. The Beginning of Summer
44. Above All Else
45. Heat of the Moment
46. The Guilt of Forbidden Love
47. Unexpected Visitor
48. Not the Queen of My Heart
49. Relinquishing Control
50. On The Outside
51. Anger and Loss
52. The Betrayal of the Realms
53. The Story of Archie & Prairie
āœ¬ EPILOGUE āœ¬
Acknowledgements

13. The Inn at Glacier Peak

581 61 22
By AndiBlackbird

My teeth are chattering and I can feel the cold deep with in my bones, like it had penetrated the very marrow there. It is frigid out and the snow is coming down around Timber and I in torrents. A few miles into our journey the snow had started coming down exceptionally hard. Timber had made me climb up and ride with him so he could give me as much warmth as he could. Even with his thick arms wrapped around me I can hardly stand it.

"We are almost there, Pere. I promise it is not much further." He assures me, pulling me even closer into him. "You will be nice and warm in front of a fire in no time. You will once again be able to lie on a comfortable bed and not a cave floor. We will be able to safely plan the next step in our journey together; our life." He nuzzles the side of my head affectionately.

"Te te tell me again aaabout our future." He has told me the story already several times but it is a reminder of why we are both doing this. It is a reminder of why I am not in the comfort of a nice warm castle and do not have a belly full of food.

"As you wish, my queen." He veers the horses off to the left before continuing. "We will have a home built for us on the outskirts of the Mountain Realm. It will overlook the ocean and that is all we will be able to see for miles. It will just be you and me with not even a glimpse of our realms in sight. We will live like nomads and we will have a farm."

"A fa farm? That is sooomething ne new." I manage to get the words out between chattering teeth.

"Well, I had to change the story from the last time to keep it interesting." He lets out a deep chuckle. "Plus, I think we will need to farm our own food if we will be living on the outskirts and trying to maintain our privacy."

"I cannot se see you as aaa farmer, Timber." I deadpan.

He scoffs. "And why do you say that? I think I would be a fine farmer."

"Youuu ha have never had to fa farm a day in your life." I stutter over the words. "You are aaa priiince not a fa farmer."

"That may be so but that does not mean that I cannot learn how to do it for our family." Family. I do not say anything to him about the word in particular. He already knows there is no way the two of us could create a family of our own. It will always just be the two of us. "Look," he points in front of me to an illuminated building standing in solidarity. "There it is. We have finally arrived."

"Thank the realms." I feel a wave of relief flow through me.

Once we arrive at the front of the building a large man comes out and offers to take our horses into their barn to feed and water them. After taking off our supplies Timber lets him do so. We slowly trudge through the deep snow until we are finally able to seek shelter in the building. Upon entering we are greeted by a small, old woman.

"There has been a room already prepared for the two of you, Prince Timber." Her weak voice utters. "Garret has kept the fire going all day."

"Woman, keep your voice down." Timber growls out, looking around to see if there is anyone else around to hear but there is not. It is just us.

"I am sorry to be so careless but you are our only guests." Her eyes are wide with fear as she continues. "No one ever comes this far into the mountains, into the North, this time of year." He nods down to her, looking relieved.

"So that means we will be the only ones here, no one else will be arriving?"

"Not that I know of." She shakes her head. "We usually close down for a few months due to the constant inclement weather."

"Then plan on doing the same." Timber places a pouch full of coins on the table in front of her. "This should cover us for the next few months."

She stares down at the royal bag in disbelief. She picks it up saying, "yes sir. I mean, yes, Prince Timber. Yes, it will be more than enough, indeed. If you need anything else to make your stay with us more comfortable then let me know."

"What is your name?" I chime in, finally sounding normal now that I am in a heated space.

She gives me a warm smile. "Oh, Princess Peregrine, you are even lovelier than the stories I have heard about you." I cannot help but give her a wide grin and nod, encouraging her to tell me her namesake. "I am Ophelia and my son's name is Garret, after his late father."

"It is lovely to meet you. Thank you for taking us in." Not many a creature would take the risk but she luckily has and I am ever grateful for it.

"Of course, princess. Sir Rocco is a distant relation and we owe him a lot. Let me show the two of you your room." She gestures for us to follow her through the warm wooden building. "Your room is right up here." She begins taking a narrow staircase off in the corner of the room. "It is the largest room and is away from the other guest lodging. Just in case anyone else does show up in need of a room I thought it would be good the two of you were not in the same corridor."

"That was wise." Timber mutters out from behind me.

Once we get to the top of the steps she opens the door to a decent size room. There is a small bed next to the raging fireplace, one that will just fit both Timber and I on it. There is a small wooden table with a set of matching chairs. On top of the table are two stacks of of garments that are usually worn by commoners.

"I know it is not much," she gestures to the room around us, "but it is warm and it will keep the two of you safe from the harshness of the Northern weather, especially you, Princess Peregrine." I give her an appreciative nod. "I have laid out some clothing for the two of you. It is not spelled or enchanted like the royal garments the two of you are wearing now, so they are not shiftable."

"I understand. It makes more sense for us to wear them." Timber adds.

"Well, I will leave the two of you to it." She goes to back out of the room but then adds, "I know it was a long journey to get here. Are the two of you hungry?" My stomach automatically growls in response to her question. "Alright then." She chuckles. "I shall bring up some bread and ale for the two of you."

"Thank you." I am honestly grateful for her understanding and kindness. Most people would run far away from this circumstance and its severity.

"Of course. Now the two of you can just relax but..." she stops looking back and forth between Timber and I like she does not know if she should continue or not.

"What is it, Ophelia?" I asked.

"It is just..." she bites the side of her cheek.

"Out with it, now." Timber added.

"I do not mean to imply anything between the two of you but," she hesitates but finally continues, "you should cover up King Raven's scent. It is strong and if any other creatures come they will pick up on it." Neither of us say anything as she quickly and nervously backs out of the room.

The moment she closes the door Timber's arms are around me. "You heard what she said." He nuzzles the top of my head and then nips my earlobe. "I need to claim you as my own."

"Timber, calm yourself, you animal." He laughs loudly before letting go of me.

"Me? Calm myself?" He scoffs. "I thought you would have known better than that by now, princess. I never calm or behave myself." And it is true. If the circumstance we are in right now is not telling enough than I do not know what would be.

"I just want to get into some comfortable clothes, eat a good helping of bread, and then sleep for days." I admit honestly. There was not much else I would be up to, even if Timber wanted me to be. "You can keep your claiming and scenting to yourself until I get some proper rest."

He shakes his head. "What do you think I am... some type of mongrel or something?" He had used my mother's tone of voice which I could not help but laugh at.

"Yes, you are a mongrel indeed, Timber. The most mongrel of all mongrels. That is you." I tease.

"Well then if that is me—" he tackles me onto the bed and smothers me with kisses everywhere until I am able to shove him off of me. "What? Was that too much for you, you fragile sky creature?"

"Yes it was too much, you land beast."

"Beast, you say?" His eyes darken as he hovers over me. "You have no idea just how much of a beast I want to be with you." I feel my cheeks flush and my heart rate quicken at his words. "But we will have to wait until you are properly recovered until you find out." He places a kiss on my nose and then rolls off to the side of me, leaving me flustered.

Never in my life have I felt so out of breath and full of life at the same time. And that is exactly what I love bout being here. About being with Timber; I feel alive.

A/N:
Happy Tuesday! I hit 19K words on my NaNo project (this book). So, I'm super excited to be nearly halfway toward my goal of 50K!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 37 14
They are enemies. But they don't know each other. Their specie tells them they are enemies. But why be enemies for no reason? They meet because of on...
1M 43.7K 45
Brooklyn's family was devastated by the loss of her mother. The young werewolf now struggles to keep her family together while patriarchy and inequal...
22.9K 285 8
[Now in Kindle Unlimited!] When a princess is kidnapped by an alpha, war rages between the humans and the wolves. But soon, forbidden attraction star...
1.3K 53 35
***Note: It's all fiction.*** A beast. A human. Both are destined to be soulmates. One thinks that it's unfair for a human to have to live with a bea...