Buried in Snow (Demon Slayer...

By Hirai_Shiori

Shiraishi Miyuki is the 10th Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps. As a child, she was found by Ubuyashiki Kaga... More

Shiraishi Miyuki
Rays of the Sun: The Beginning
I: Mission and a Dinner
II: A Night to Remember
III: Blue Spider Lily
IV: Evacuate
V: Kissed By The Lilies
VI: The Name
VII: Buried Memories
VII: Buried Memories (part two)
VIII: One's Name
IX: Joint Mission
X: Wind and Ice
XI: A Child and The Descendant
XII: (Side Story) The Young Lord and The Errand Boy
XIV: Hot Seat
XV: Judgement
XVI: Enough
XVII: A Boy's Request
XVIII: Look Forward
XIX: Hot Spring
XII: (Side Story) The Young Lord and The Errand Boy (Part Two)

XIII: The Ice Pillar's Return

5.9K 214 18
By Hirai_Shiori

"Oh, he's still alive..." The Ice Pillar looked down at the demon that laid down in the basement of Tamayo's mansion.

It was a demon that Miyuki captured due to Tamayo's request, and is now being held as the recipient for their tests.

They continued their study with Miyuki's blood, conducting experiments in the search of possible ways to increase its effects on demons; other than preventing them to regenerate but also to kill them with just a few amount of blood needed.

A whole year had already passed and though they made only little improvements in their goal, they did make some interesting discoveries.

"He stopped regenerating? How so?" Miyuki looked at the data that Tamayo recorded and even different test results.

The demon was injected with different dosages of medicine mixed with Miyuki's blood for three days. After a week, the demon suddenly stopped craving for humans and then have stopped regenerating as well.

Even its appearance was changing a little...

"Should we try putting him under the sun, Tamayo-sama?" Yushiro crossed his arms and said.

Tamayo glanced at Miyuki and smiled a bit apologetically. The pillar sighed as she immediately understood what she has to do again.

Though it was indeed inhumane, she had no choice. They had to know...and this was part of it.

The next morning, the restrained demon was taken by the Pillar out of the basement.

"He'll find you...he'll find you...he knows what you're doing..."

The demon kept muttering in fear. He kept chanting it, not even trying to resist anymore. It was odd because he was coming with Miyuki willingly.

"Sorry for doing this, I hope you'll redeem yourself again someday." She said before bringing out the demon under the morning light with her, ignoring his words.

The Pillar's eyes widened after the demon didn't instantly burn out from the sun. It was looking at her curiously...

Miyuki quickly pulled her sword, ready to kill the demon, if ever it withstood the sun any longer. But then, after three seconds, the demon screamed in agony and started to burn into ashes...

It died. But the fact that it was able to withstand the sun for three seconds, was a great problem for the pillar.

"Tamayo-san, you didn't tell me that we are helping demons in conquering the sun?" Miyuki came back inside and talked with Tamayo immediately, her voice was stern.

"Hey, Shiraishi, watch your tone!"

"Yushiro...it's okay." Tamayo went between Yushiro.

There was a grim atmosphere surrounding the pillar. Miyuki didn't like what she has seen...a demon that withstood the sun was bad news for her. Especially that it was because of her blood.

"Shiraishi-san, calm down. Please do tell what happened?" Tamayo said calmly.

Miyuki took a deep breath because of her advice. She regained her composure back.

"The demon didn't instantly die. Three seconds...it took him three seconds before disintegrating because of the sun."

Tamayo paused before she started thinking again.

"Please explain it to me, Tamayo-san, or else, I won't participate in this any longer..."

Miyuki was tired. All the findings they had all seemed like bad news to her, especially from what just happened.

For the whole year, she has neither taken any missions nor had any contact anymore from her friends. It was dangerous for her to keep sending Shirayuki back and forth, as Tamayo's location could be exposed, and so her letters were already unavailable.

The last letter she sent was for Oyakata-sama, telling that she will begin the order he had given her.

She missed her home. She missed her co-pillars. She missed everyone, especially Kyoujuro. Miyuki hasn't received nor was able to send any letter to him...

She didn't know whether how he was doing, nor if he was safe. The thoughts for those she cared about greatly strained her mind.

"Shiraishi-san, I know you are wary because of the results, and even I, don't want to keep you away from your loved ones any longer."

"And so, I'll be straight with you on how I think our study is going..." Tamayo said formally while scanning through the papers.

"Your blood does not merely act as poisons for the demons. Different dosages had different effects, but something is still missing..."

"There's one hypothesis where I am sure in, though. With the proper ratio and a catalyst, I think it is possible to create a cure where the demon blood can be erased from the cells, it can revert cells back to how they used to."

Miyuki listened, trying to comprehend where Tamayo was going for.

"It's still a hypothesis. In order to confirm it, a demon who still has their human characteristics left is one way to start. A demon blood that can be compatible with your blood may able to withstand it." Tamayo then continued.

A demon with human characteristics left is something unheard of. Even if Tamayo had altered her body physically, as much as she would like to do the test in her, she couldn't.

Tamayo has already turned into a demon a very long time ago. Her blood was not even in the option.

"So, a demon who you can consider as still human. Is this possible? Besides, reverting cells back to normal would only mean..." Miyuki raised her eyes towards Tamayo.

She nodded.

"Turning a demon back into a human." Tamayo said clearly.

A demon back into a human.

Was it really possible?

"My basis for this is when you told me that the demon earlier had withstood the sun for three seconds. That demon stopped craving humans during our tests, right? Nor he consumed any blood, he even stopped regenerating."

"That demon was long past his hunger and yet it didn't attack you?" Tamayo asked and Miyuki nodded.

Recalling it, Miyuki somehow agreed with her.

The demon was indeed somehow...tame.

"When it comes to Muzan, will this work?" The Pillar asked seriously.

There was a bit of hesitation from Tamayo's eyes and it answered Miyuki's question.

Of course, Kibutsuji Muzan can be an exception. But then, this discovery isn't really completely useless. If there's a possibility to turn a demon into a human, then at least the possibility to weaken Muzan is much probable, right?

But then Miyuki thought of something.

"Tamayo-san, I have a question..."

"Let's just say for some sheer coincidence that I encounter Kibutsuji Muzan..."

"If ever I am killed by him, even more so devoured. Will my blood kill him? Or will it...make things even more worse?" Miyuki said calmly.

It's true that her blood was indeed dangerous to demons but then, there's always an exception.

Since it's already proven that she bears the lilies in her blood, and the fact that Muzan is also looking for it, it made the Ice Pillar think whether if her existence was something that would endanger them all.

It worried her.

Tamayo knew what she was thinking and neither she can fully answer it herself.

Tamayo only knew that Muzan seeks for a blood like Miyuki to survive, and yet there's something's off as well.

If the Ice Pillar's inherited blood was indeed Muzan's salvation, why didn't he just acquire it many years ago?

Kibutsuji Muzan already had his hands on the woman whose blood is the one he seeks, and yet why hasn't he still achieved his goal of conquering the sun?

There was something else and Tamayo had no idea what it was. Whether if it was something good or not...

She doesn't know.

"I'm sorry but I don't have the answers. All I can say to you is this...there's nothing to be frightened about your blood. You don't have to hate yourself for it." Tamayo said without looking.

"You're a good person, Shiraishi-san. Even if you're a pillar, you still hold some respect for us demons. There's a reason why your blood is essential..."

"And I'm sure that it's for the good reason."

Hearing Tamayo's words, it brought a sense of relief towards the pillar.

For almost a year living in constant wonder and doubts, it was the words that Miyuki wanted to hear.

She wanted insurance that she'll neither be a catalyst for a disaster nor a danger to everyone. It was all she wanted to know.

"Shiraishi-san, I think our research has finally come to a halt." Tamayo said with a soft smile.

"Halt? Is this information enough for us?"

"Checking the possibilities is all we need to do, Shiraishi-san. Of course, it would be much better if we can actually make the cure but then just as I said, we need a certain demon...and I don't think it'll be easy to find one."

Not only it wasn't easy to find the other piece of their puzzle, but it also seemed to be impossible...

Tamayo wanted to deal with this matter on her own, regarding finding a demon like that. She knew the Pillar had already been through a lot, lost a lot of blood for their tests, and so she wanted her to take a break.

Not until they find their last piece, the research they have on the cure will continue to be frozen...waiting under the dark.

"Are you sure, Tamayo-san?"

"Yes. You are free to go back to your home...I know how you probably missed your loved ones already. If I ever find the one we're looking for, I shall inform you once again..."

"Besides, it's much better if the two of us aren't together in constant hiding. Anyway...tomorrow, Yushiro and I will safely escort you back to town."

The Ice Pillar stood up and then slowly went to Tamayo.

"There's no need to escort me, Tamayo-san. You've already done so much, you should rest..."

Tamayo found the Ice Pillar's words to be amusing. Ever since the pillar had stayed with them, Miyuki would often treat them as humans, sometimes she even forgets that they're demons.

Seeing the pillar close in, Tamayo's eyes widened after Miyuki gave her a hug.

"Thank you, Tamayo-san. Thank you." Zhe said.

Tamayo had long forgotten how it was like to be embraced by a person. The Pillar's act of gratitude made her remember what her life was like when she was still human...when she still has her family.

"There's no need to thank me, Shiraishi-san. It is me who should do it. Thank you." Tamayo smiled and patted the pillar's head.

The very next day, Miyuki bid her farewell to the two demons, Tamayo and Yushiro, and made her way back to the headquarters. It was more than a month's worth of traveling.

The Ice Pillar decided to stop by in a ramen house to eat, still half-way on her journey. She saw Shirayuki flying back to her, weeks after Miyuki sent her in advance to check for any updates.

Shirayuki landed on her shoulder.

"Good work, Shirayuki. Have some food." Miyuki smiled and gave a portion of her meal to her crow.

After they finally had their fill, Miyuki continued to ask for her crow's report.

"The Oyakata-sama had personally received your message of return. Also...there's an upcoming Pillar Meeting...you should attend...you already missed two...two Pillar Meetings...violation!"

Miyuki chuckled.

"Don't be silly, since when did we have a violation from missing a meeting?" She said.

"A year ago...the order was released..." Shirayuki continued, a bit confused.

He had already told the pillar about it but it seemed that she couldn't remember. No, she didn't forget...Miyuki wasn't just listening to him at that time.

The White Crow didn't further argue with her master and just shut up to take his rest. The two of them continued their travel.

After weeks of travel, Miyuki finally reached their headquarters and arrived at the supposed meeting just in time.

What she found there made her confused for a bit.

In front of the Pillars, including her, was a young slayer; restrained and is lying on the grounds of Oyakata-sama's mansion. He was beaten up.

A young man with burgundy hair and dark red eyes. On his forehead was a big scar, and besides him was a wooden box that was giving off an odd presence.

"This is...the meeting, right? Or am I missing something?" Miyuki chuckled awkwardly before the other pillar's attention bore towards her.

They were surprised that she was still alive and she's back.

The Ice Pillar had returned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 495 47
M/N L/N, an unfortunate young boy who under unfortunate circumstances had become a demon slayer at the age of 10. Despite M/Ns age, he excelled and b...
4.9K 136 50
A love story between the Wind Hashira's younger brother and the Sound Hashira's youngest sister. The latter is the tenth child of the Uzui clan and d...
1.2K 20 9
[DISCONTINUED] "Everything about her reminds you of winter." Her touch was light and gentle like falling snow with a touch of warmth that opened up h...
19.9K 236 28
Y/n, A poor girl is adopted by the Rengoku family, little did they know her full name was Y/n 'Tsugikuni' Y/n x Tomioka Giyu I DONT OWN THE CHARACTE...