XI: A Child and The Descendant

"Oi, Shiraishi, are you sure you're not going to report to the headquarters? The Pillar meeting is up soon."

The Wind Pillar has completely recovered from his injuries with the help of Tamayo's medicine that Miyuki acquired. They immediately headed to the mainland afterwards, finally leaving Hokkaido.

With their mission finally over, the pillars were granted a break due to their consecutive missions. A well-deserved rest.

Shinazugawa decided to return to his district while Miyuki decided to stay. Her mission was still not finished, after all.

"I'll try to catch up with the meeting, senpai. I still have some orders to finish." The Ice Pillar said as they both went down the ship and has now stepped down to Tokyo.

"Sucks to be you. Anyway, see you soon, then. Don't die, Shiraishi." Shinazugawa waved his hand and started walking away.

Miyuki chuckled to his statement.

"Stay alive, Shinazugawa. I hope we'll see each other again."

Being a slayer doesn't have any guarantee whether you'll live or not the next day. Every mission they have, it's always a matter of life and death.

The only thing you can say as farewell to your fellow slayer is to see them again alive, soon.

She then smiled.

The sun has already set and all of the people has now come down from the ship. The last one to leave was Tamayo and her companion, Yushiro...

Miyuki walked towards them and greeted.

"I guess from this point on, I'll have to follow you. I'll leave it to you, Tamayo-san." She said.

Tamayo nodded with a smile.

The demon Yushiro came back to them, riding a carriage that will serve as their service to their location. The three of them boarded and proceeded their way to the hideout.

Tamayo requested to study the properties of Miyuki's blood, and she consented.

The Ice Pillar knew her blood was special but then not to the point where a demon would take interest in it. As far as she knows, her blood is dangerous for them.

Even so, the Ice Pillar agreed, especially after Tamayo mentioned that it might give them a possible solution on how to defeat Kibutsuji Muzan.

Though all is still hypothetical, they wanted to try it for a change.

"Tamayo-san, the first time we met, I heard you mention a name. Kiyohara, wasn't it? If I may, do I have any relation with them?" The Ice Pillar spoke after they entered a mansion, hidden behind a tall bricked-wall.

"Yes, you do, Shiraishi-san."

"Huh? How come?" The Ice Pillar glanced at Tamayo.

Miyuki was shown to her room and they both sat down for the meantime to discuss it.

"Shiraishi-san, are you aware on how the progenitor of demons, Kibutsuji Muzan, became the creature he is today?" Tamayo spoke in a low tone.

"You mean, Muzan isn't born as a demon? I'm sorry for being rude." Miyuki replied, a bit surprised.

Tamayo chuckled after hearing the Ice Pillar mention Kibutsuji Muzan's name as if it's something normal.

She then continued.

"No. Believe it or not, he was primarily a human...before he became a demon."

This information surprised Miyuki the most.