Bon Voyage! [Ace x Reader x L...

By ellieann_alien

You were just a child brought up on a privileged household in a small island in North Blue. However, like Cin... More

[๐–”๐–“๐–Š]
[๐–™๐–œ๐–”]
[๐–™๐–๐–—๐–Š๐–Š]
[๐–‹๐–”๐–š๐–—]
[๐–‹๐–Ž๐–›๐–Š]
[๐–˜๐–Ž๐–]
[๐–˜๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–“]
[๐–˜๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–“.โบ]
[๐–Š๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™]
[๐–“๐–Ž๐–“๐–Š]
[๐–Š๐–‘๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–“]
[๐–™๐–œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–›๐–Š]
[๐–™๐–๐–Ž๐–—๐–™๐–Š๐–Š๐–“]
[๐–‹๐–”๐–š๐–—๐–™๐–Š๐–Š๐–“]

[๐–™๐–Š๐–“]

225 6 0
By ellieann_alien

Hansen, though excited, didn't know what was coming. He is honoured to have the Crown Prince visiting him, but he isn't sure what warranted him such honour.

"I mean it, Egret. I'm going to need you. You're going to be my key," the prince started upon hearing the sound of the door to the study being locked by the other male. Being caught surprise is an understatement. Hansen is the type to think that he is always above everyone else, and to hear that validated by none other than the sole descendant of the Crown makes him thrilled inside.

"Your Highness, I am flattered. The Egret-Montgomery family has always pleaded its allegiance to the Central — both the Crown and the Court. We will always be of service to Your Highness even after your enthronement-"
"But that's the thing, Egret. I want more," the royalty interrupted, closing in the distance between the two. "And you're going to help me with that," he finished in a whisper before walking to the nearest seat. Stunned, Hansen can only look at the prince before sitting across him.

"Do you still remember.. about the execution that happened six years ago?"

The noble looks away, trying to be indifferent about the sudden topic. How he wishes that people would stop associating him with your stupid family. Your stupid father was such an embarrassment of a family head, and even after almost six years, the death of your parents seems to plague his own. His mother, while might not look like it, has lost it; locking herself in her room for most of the days. And his pathetic excuse of a father, who always relies on his wife's surname to get his hands on the most superficial things, is a weakling up to this day. Even after the main family line was eliminated, the man couldn't leverage onto that to gain more power for his own family. The name Egret-Montgomery doesn't amount to anything that it is even overshadowed by the dead.

So this is what it is all about...

Trying to mask his annoyance, Hansen quietly replies.
"Yes, Your Highness. How could I not?"
"The public remembers it as the execution of the witch. However, within the Court, it was a different stor-"
"I am aware of the motivation solely being about my... late uncle," Hansen grimly replies. When he realises who he is talking to at the moment, he quickly composes himself and mutters a quick apology.
"I- I apologise, Your Highness, I didn't mean to be rude and all by interrupting you." 

The young prince laughed openly in reply.
"You're sharper than I expected, I feel bad for having underestimated you," he continued after recovering from his laugh.

"You're right. The execution had more to do with the former Duke than the witchcraft allegations. The Court just merely utilised radical religion extremists to do their dirty deed," Hansen tries his best not to roll his eyes to that. Yada yada same ol' revelation he had found out from his socialite circles. Not one gossip goes ignored among the upper-class. And he agrees with the general consensus — the old man deserved it, having tried to bite the hands that provide him and his family. That's not how you lobby.

The Crown Prince smirks for a moment as he further leans back to the comfort of his seat. He then starts again.

"But are you aware that the World Government was involved with this whole ordeal too?"

That catches Hansen's attention, because why would the World Government be in the picture too? He shakes his head, unable to mutter a coherent response.

"The weight of your family name is more than what you think it is, Egret. At least to us, royalties. Your family just happened to reside in a kingdom where the constitution is authorised by some council. And this council downplays the monarch, just because they don't like how some people are more special than the rest. The idea does sound democratic, something my predecessors fancied."

"But you see Egret, these people, in the end, they are the same as us. Now only members of the 'noble' families are allowed to join the rankings. What's the difference? In the end, they have become the things that they used to fight against. Not to mention, they now have this sense of elitism, yet they dare to undermine us, royalties."
"Your Highness..."

"The hypocrisy. It sickens me, but the fact that the current political landscape blurs the line between these people and us sickens me more. I don't see.. the reasons why we need them onboard anymore. It's as the saying goes, too many cooks spoil the broth. Don't you think so too, Egret?"

Hansen continues to be silent as he lets everything sink in. He hasn't yet had his questions answered, but he is slowly seeing the picture that the Prince is presenting to him.
"Of course, I am not going to demote the likes of you. As I said, Egret is an influential family. Rather, it's the... nouveau riche if you will — the "founding families" of the Court council. Let's face it, it's not like they're making significant contributions as of lately," the other male further explains.

"So Your Highness intends to make the Crown the sole authority of this kingdom?" Hansen starts to speak up. In all honesty, the moment the prince mentions the Central involving too many people, he likes where this is going. Is the Prince saying that he is the key to turning this grand scheme into a reality? Both of them smirks knowingly at each other.

"You really live up to your family's reputation. The Egret has always been known to serve the royalties and the royalties only. There is no room for some autonomous legislative authority playing kings in the picture, and there shouldn't be," the Crown Prince replies confirming Hansen's statement.

"But how are we going to topple the long-standing constitution? They have voting powers too and they win the favours of the public as much as the Crown does."
"I would not bring this up had I not have any idea. In fact, I have been thinking about it ever since the moment I was tasked with state affairs and witness.. the rotting of our authority. One word, Egret," the Crown Prince starts speaking more softly. Hansen can only stare at him expectantly waiting for his continuation to his answer.

"Levely."
Hansen contemplates at the answer given by the other male.

"Apologies for my incompetence and lack of understanding, but I don't get it, isn't Levely affiliated with the World Government?"
"It is, but the objective here is not to oust the World Government — that's difficult. Consider the scale, Egret. I think you know better that the late Duke never leveraged the true influence he had. Throughout his life, he never made an appearance at functions such as the Levely. You joining me for the upcoming one would be a grand comeback of Egret, the noblest out of all nobles. The other kings are going to acknowledge your presence, and ultimately someone like you supporting me in toppling the Court would convince the entire kingdom,"
"Your Highness, this humble servant of yours do not want to undermine the greatness of your grand stratagem. However, if what you claimed about the World Government supporting the Court was true, wouldn't that put us into a disadvantage?"
"You are definitely most attentive, Egret. You're right. That's why there is another thing we need to accomplish before the Levely..."

At the time of this conversation, Hansen actually has a very unsettling feeling in his gut. However, the idea of fame and power that he could dream of achieving once he comes of age to be made attainable in a shorter period? How could he refuse that?

"We need to find out why the World Government was involved in the assassination that happened 6 years ago. Why did they need the former Duke and his whole family dead?"

***

The ride back to the mansion has been silent ever since you entered the carriage with Christensen. You had always imagined the day when you would be found out; how you actually longed just to leave the world and back to the arms of your dead parents if heavens do exist. However, living out the imagination has been a whole nerve-wracking experience. You are still tired from the stunt you pulled and your head keeps pounding like it is no end. Meanwhile, your drooping eyes are looking through the small window and at the passing views of the streets. And your back is facing the other person sitting next to you as you try your best to ignore the sound of his breathing.

You can feel it, his stares weighing on the back of your skull. You could imagine the honey-brown orbs taking in every little movement you are making. Despite having been in shock when you first met him again, you were able to register everything he said. His confessions. How he has always had feelings for you.

A long time ago the idea would sound flowery to you, oh-so-beautiful and ethereal. You had been a witness to it every single day when your parents were still alive; how they looked at each other, how it seemed like at every of their waking moment, they would fall in love with each other again and again. Back then, you had wondered if you would ever find somebody like that in your life.

But it takes two to waltz. And you're broken beyond repair. You can never look at things the same way again. Whom Christensen fell for was you from six years ago. That girl no longer exists.

"You're not going to say anything?" He speaks, finally breaking the wall of silence you have been building around yourself.
"I know about what truly happened to the head family of Egret. Your father..."

Not this again. You bite your lips, trying so hard not to heave a tired sigh at what is about to come out of his mouth.

"It was more than what you think. It's a lot deeper than that and it-" Christensen's throat hitches, interrupting himself. He can't imagine the pain you must have gone through, having been a target of violence, your parents having been killed, and having to live in a world where its people doesn't want you to.
When he first caught a glance of your figure from afar, he had thought that he must have been dreaming. However, he would not mistake the colour of your tresses, though unkempt they still sparkled under the sun. He also noticed how sombre your gazes were, how they lost the kind shine that he used to fall for.

It might come off as an exaggeration to whoever finds out about this side of him — falling for your school crush so hard that her death destroyed a part of your sanity? Yeah, he wouldn't believe that himself either, but you have always had this effect on him. The injustice he has harboured in your and your family's place might play a part too. He always knows that he is going to follow in his father's footsteps and become an official member of the royalty. But he despises everything about it; the corruption, the lobbying, and how everyone is two-faced. Which is why he had a lot of respect for your father. Back in the academy, you were also the only girl who would not see him for shallow reasons. Everything about you just feels right to him.

"Back then, I was still so young. Right now, I'm still young too, but I now have power to my name and I promise to protect you. So please.. rely on me.. let me protect you." His voice grows sadder as he goes on. You can also feel his breath quivering as he places his head right next to the back of yours.
Nonetheless, you do not care to reply to him at all. Deep down in your most unrealistic wish, you'd hope that he would quickly give it up and leave you alone. There is no one and nothing that you can put your trust to. Trust is a luxury, and you learn this the hard way.

One gentle jolt from the carriage before it slowing down to stop signals that you have reached your destination. Christensen, though unwillingly, removes himself from you before leaving the carriage and offering his hand to help you exit.
You could have exited the carriage by yourself, but you were not trusting of the strength remaining in your feet. Not to mention, your maid uniform has been damaged from the fall. So without making eye contact, you reluctantly bring your scarred hand to his. But as you stepped out of the carriage, you were met with the one and the only person you wished wouldn't know about today's incident.

Aunt Anasthasia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.3K 3.3K 22
The Heart Pirates happened to be around the island you stayed on and saved your life. Everyone in the crew is friendly except the Captain, he was an...
12.7K 911 53
"๐Œ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฆ," softly uttered the doctor. The diagnosis is clear; Alessia had lost the ability to utter a single word for nearly a month. Her parent...
43.2K 863 24
This is the Law one shot book. It's all about The Surgeon of Death here. Just making this to write a few one shots here and there when I need somethi...
4.7K 224 23
โˆ† Synopsis โˆ† Y/n was living a boring and long life, of failure and disapointment. Even if their life had improved, it didn't bring any spark of hope...