Against All Odds - THE DRAFTS...

By FUJI_SEN

_____________________________________ THIS STORY HAS BEEN REWRITTEN IN A SEPERATE BOOK, but you are free to r... More

NOTE 🖋️
✒ ACT 0; START OF SOMETHING NEW
✎ Chapter 1
✎ Chapter 2
✎ Chapter 3
✎ Chapter 4
✎ Chapter 5
✎ Chapter 6
✎Chapter 7
✎Chapter 8 ‼️
✎Chapter 9
✎Chapter 10
✎Chapter 11
✎Chapter 12
✒ACT 1; CAN I BECOME A HERO?
✄Chapter 13
✄Chapter 14
✄Chapter 15
✄Chapter 16
✄Chapter 18
✄Chapter 19
✄Chapter 20
✄Chapter 21
✄Chapter 22
✄Chapter 23
✄Chapter 24
WINTER ROMANCE ENDING
MIXED SIGNALS ARC ENDING
✒ ACT 2
SHINSO 💜 JULY 1 2021 SPECIAL!
Quick Question
Quick Question//I'm so sorry
Dear Readers
Opinions:
LOVE INTERESTS AND RELATIONSHIPS

✄Chapter 17

1.5K 74 17
By FUJI_SEN

┍━━━━━━━━»•» :✄: «•«━┑

Chapter 17: Love and Jealousy?

┕━»•» :✄: «•«━━━━━━━━┙

3rd Person POV

Serin wondered how she got dragged to go shopping with her classmates. Then she remembered Izuku's smile. It was like being blinded by sunlight.

“You look wonderful.” Yaoyorozu said, as she stared. Since when were they close? She nodded, being atleast respectful.

Honestly, she was busy with her schedule but Izuku's smile just made her squeeze for some time. She had to push back on her secret little thing that few knew.

They all decided to split off, as she walked off, leaving Uraraka and Midoriya alone. The class started acting weird around her.

She'd be going on a one week camping with people she aren't closed to. She'd have to buy comfort food.

To her surprise she saw Shinso coming out form a shop. “Shinso.” She quickly walked towards the boy who turned, surprised to see her.

“I thought you'd be busy.” he said. “Yeah, well I couldn't say no to Izuku's smile.” she said “I'm currently buying food for comfort for the camping week.”

“Can you please accompany me?” She asked “I can treat you to some snacks.”

“Make it from a cat cafe and deal.” he said with a smirk. “Oh I haven't been in a cat cafe for awhile.” She said thoughtfully.

“So what kind of food, let me guess something with strawberries?” He asked.

“Yep, and chocolate and cookies and cream. I might get bored of strawberries if that's the only thing I eat.” She explained.

“True.” they started walking, to the grocery. She stopped suddenly with a frown, her heart felt tighter, just infront of them was Gakushu and a girl.

“What's wrong?” Shinso asked. She shook her head, luckily for her, they were already infront of fhe grocery area and went to the snacks.

“You can make smores.” Shinso suggested as she pushed the cart. “Your parents might get mad at all the candy you brought.” Shinso said making her flinch.

His eyes widened remembering “I'm sorry.” “It's fine, I don't consider them parents.” She laughed a bit bitter.

“And you didn't mean anything.” she added when he still looked guilty. “Hey Shinso, have you ever fell in love or had a crush?” She asked suddenly still looking at a pack of candy.

He breathed in “Yes.” “How do you know you're in love?” she asked.

“When you noticed every little detail about what they do or their room or stuff like that. You remember most of it, and seeing them just makes you happy..” he said.

She hummed, she remembered how Gakushu would pout like a child if he lost just like Karma. The way he handled himself at the pole toppling contest, even if he did lost.

His eyes were really pretty too. She stopped momentarily and continued like nothing happened.

“What about jealousy?” She asked. “As in, jealousy in Love not general things?” He asked making her nod “It makes me feel bad seeing the one I like happy with someone else other than me. But not regular happy, like they seem really close with someone, it makes me jealous. Or the things she do to someone else makes me jealous.”

She nodded, pushing back her thoughts, she can think about love when she's in the comfort of her home. “So the training camp will be for training your quirks huh?” he asked.

Nodding once more, she said “Yep, I'll tell you all about it once I come back. I don't think there's any connection or service there.”

“Thanks, I really appreciate it.”

“Your welcome.”

After buying their food, Shinso had accompanied her when she was looking for new training shoes. “How many times did you bust your shoes?” he asked.

“A lot. Since my quirk ‘manifested’” she said tying a pair of black running shoes for all terrain or a wide variety “It seems running at a fast pace and suddenly stopping would cause the rubber at the soles to.. heat up?”

“You go through shoes like they're food.” he pointed out. Memories flashed back “Yeah, the place I usually buy my shoes would already know what I need the moment they saw me walk in.”

After buying her new pair of shoes they decided to take a break and have some ice cream. “Surprised you didn't get Strawberry.” he said.

She licked her vanilla ice cream “They were all out actually.”

He chuckled “Anything you need for the week?” he asked. “Not much, I already have what I need at home.”

“Even a first aid kit?” he asked to which she nodded.

“Duffle bag?” “I have two of them.”

“Sleeping bag?” “We'll be sleeping a building, but Maybe I can sleep outside.” she mumbled.

“Then let's drop these off at your place and go to the cat cafe?” He suggested. “Sure, let's finish our ice cream, I also need to tell someone from my class.”

That someone, was the class representative. Iida.

Nagito Serin:
Hey Iida, I'm going home.
I already got what I need.

Iida is typing a message. . .

Iida Tenya:
Alright, Get home safe.

Nagito Serin:
Thank you. You and the
others too.

After sending the last message she noticed a black cat, with beautiful blue eyes. She paled a bit, the cat stared at her.

Able to look pass and see her as a whole, like being able to see a person's soul. She shivered at the stare.

“Are you cold?”

“No, I'm fine.” She said biting the last of her cone “Let's go?” He nodded as they left. Glancing back, the cat was no longer there.

Arriving at her place, Shinso sat on her couch. It was normal, considering it wasn't the first time he has been in her apartment.

She quickly placed her snacks in a cabinet and then grabbed her spare money. “Come one Shinso.” “Ok.”

✄ - - - - -

After that, she and her classmates were now on a bus. It had only been a few days since they shopped and the recent encounter Izuku had with Tomura.

She had been invited to going to the school pool, but she declined immediately that Izuku, who had been the one to invite her, seemed worried.

As they were boarding the bus, she was called. “Karasuma?” she turned walking to the man. “Serin, we feel the need to inform the E-Class that. . . Takaoka has escaped confinement.” She froze.

“Most likely he'll be coming after those from the class, You and Nagisa having a higher risk.” he explained.

“I see, thank you for informing me Karasuma.” she said giving a small nod “And also Good luck.” he added.

“Hai.”

Entering the bus, due to odd numbers she was left with no seatmate, she was fine but she had to sit with her homeroom teacher.

But since he doze off, her worries were washed away. Soon after a long drive, they had stopped and got out to stretch.

Serin's eyes dazzled at the huge forest, she could parkour the whole area if she wanted. It was also filled with nature, the air was pure and it was a sunny day.

Then two woman, who were members of the wild wild pussycats appeared, With a boy too. Midoriya went wild, spouting information but concerning the ages, his mouth was quickly covered.

“This whole area here is our property. You'll be staying at the foot of that mountain.” she pointed. Soon Serin started feeling like she should run.

“Then why did we stop at a place like this?”

“Could it be. . . ”

“No way.”

“Let's get back to the bus, guys. Quick.”

“It's 9:30 am right now. If you're fast, I'd say about noon.” The woman said with a vicious smirk.

They started running towards the bus as Serin gave up, knowing she should have just bolted when she felt the bad feeling.

“No lunches for those that don't make it by 12:30!” She announced. And suddenly Serin was in the air, quickly she doved and used her new found tentacles to clung to a branch to break her fall.

“Hey! It's private property so feel free to use your quirks!” she announced “You have three hours! Come to the facility on your own! You'll have to get through the Beast's Forest!”

Swinging herself up, “These are some big ass trees.” She muttered. Suddenly she turned to see a beast, Izuku had grabbed Mineta away when Koda's quirk didn't work.

Quickly jumping, she brought her feet down, slamming it on the head of the beast. Finding it to be made off rocks and dirt.

She zipped through, their were multiple beasts, a hair extended, quickly wrapping around a trunk and helping her maneuver, gaining momentum and then was now in the air.

“5 beasts already forming infront of you and there's one at top!” She announced as they get ready.

✄ - - - - -

Serin felt tired but otherwise excited. The challenge with those beasts, helped her see that her tentacle hair wasn't at all strong, but it was quick and delicate.

But considering she used her hair, her clean silver hair was now muddy. Most were tired, annoyed or just given up as it was nearing sunset.

“Thank you.” Iida said, as Serin helped him continue moving. He had exhausted his quirk to much and was now limping.

After Izuku pointing out the kid, who's name was Kota, and getting punched in the balls. Iida felt the need to scold the boy that he was able to walk towards him without limping.

“Midoriya! Damn you, Why would you punch Midoriya in the balls?”

They got their bags from the bus after the whole event. Everybody felt so tired, except for some who got use to rough training and a long day.

Placing their bags in the room, Serin ate, she sat between Todoroki and Tokoyami. She hoped there was a seperate shower, she didn't feel comfortable, and the fact that she wasn't close to most of the girls didn't help.

“Say who was that man who called you?” Todoroki asked. “Oh, he was Karasuma. Pe teacher last year at kunugigaoka.” she said.

“He seems like a government official.” Tokoyami said. After swallowing down her food “He is, he became a pe teacher due to circumstances, last year.”

She didn't mind the conversation cause it took her mind out of things, like Takaoka. The food was also delicious helping her relax. She was so used to eating with Shinso.

“I wonder what kind of circumstances.” He wondered. She shrugged it off, not bothering to say anything. She finished eating and stood up, they glanced at her as she walked off.

“She really is avoiding us.” Hagakure said. “Have you apologized to her?” Iida asked. “It did work for Iida.” Izuku said.

“Whether some of you apologized or not, she has a right to reject or avoid you.” Todoroki said.

Serin sighed, finishing up her shower, luckily there was one. Changing to some pajamas, she went outside. It was a starry night.

Sitting on a branch, she stayed like that. Watching and watching.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

544K 13.6K 19
This is the story of how you became a hero. You even became a hero to the pros. You don't start off as well as everyone else but you soon grow strong...
141K 7K 75
𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀 U.A. High is the birthplace of legendary pro-heroes and a bountiful source of memories. Memories are meant to be cherished! Memories are...
80K 4.3K 72
Mirianne Shotomoto has a mother with a tough set of morals. Being the arch-nemesis of Endeavor, her mother, Nightmare, actively searched for ways of...
4.4K 143 15
𝔹ℕℍ𝔸 𝕆ℂ 𝕊𝕋𝕆ℝ𝕐 In the shadows of tragedy, Mahou Murasaki's life takes a treacherous turn. Betrayed and kidnapped, she escapes only to be thrust...