FIRE AND ICE , c. blossom

By laraeatszombies

❛ your lips, my lips, apocalypse ! ❜ cheryl blossom x fem!oc © -ECLVPSED More

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 ♛
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ♛
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - ❝𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄❞
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - ❝𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒❞
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄 ♛

chapter nine

9.3K 278 44
By laraeatszombies

~♛~

8:57 pm
—————————————————————
mystery incorporated🕵🏻🕵🏼‍♀️🕵🏻‍♀️
groupchat members:
jug👑🍔, betty💫🔎, gracie🛹🪐

betty💫🔎
i feel like idk who my mom and dad r anymore.

gracie🛹🪐
if ur parents lied about jason and polly
there's probably more they lied about

betty💫🔎
what do u mean??

jug👑🍔
betty, ur dad said he would do anything to protect polly
so...
the next logical question is
how far would he go?

betty💫🔎
whoever broke into sheriff keller's house and stole his investigation files was not at the drive-in

gracie🛹🪐
well was ur dad at the drive-in?
bc i was working the booth for a bit w/ jug before meeting up with kev and ronnie
and i didn't see him...

betty💫🔎
no he wasn't there

jug👑🍔
i'll add him to the suspect list...

~♛~

"so...jughead. gracie. i suppose we have you two to blame for betty's on-going obsession with this jason blossom ghoulishness." alice said.

betty had invited jughead and gracie over for breakfast which was great, because we were starving.

"actually, i was the one who asked jughead to help me write for the blue and gold." betty corrected.

alice chuckled. "relax, elizabeth. i'm just making conversation!"

gracie shovelled a forkful of fluffy pancakes into my mouth, the taste of the sweet maple syrup washing over me like a warm hug.

"do you have a bathroom i could use?" jug asked, putting down his glass of orange juice.

"yep. i'll show you." betty stood up.

"no. i'll take him." alice said firmly. "come with me. jughead."

it was all going to plan. as soon as they left the room, betty hurried over to her mother's handbag, taking out a book and took a picture of the pages. she gave gracie a thumbs up and she smiled, taking another bite of her breakfast.

~♛~

"the sisters of quiet mercy." betty read off her phone. "what is that? like a church, or a charity?"

jughead googled it. "no, it's a home for troubled youths. 'where disenfranchised teens will learn such virtues as discipline and respects, enjoying lives of quiet reflection and servitude.' eesh."

"poor polly." betty sympathised.

"yikes..." gracie grimaced.

"it's been months, there's got to be another reason my mom and dad don't want me to see polly... but i don't care anymore. i'm visiting my sister."

"what are you guys talking about?" archie asked us. "anything i can help with?"

"we are attempting a stealth operation." jughead explained. "if we go in there with the entire scooby squad, forget it, we're compromised."

"don't feel bad, arch. even i'm not allowed to come, and i always come up with the good ideas." the jones girl frowned. "apparently i'm 'unpredictable' and 'vaguely maniacal'?" she quoted jughead.

"anyways, don't you have to practice for the variety show?" betty asked.

"uh, no. i don't. i flaked at the auditions." archie sighed.

"except that, yes. you do." veronica corrected, joining us with kevin at the table. "thanks to a certain veronica-ex-machina."

"yeah, archie. i saw your epic fail! cheryl posted it on her ig story it was hilari—" gracie burst out laughing but was stopped with a kick in the shins by a high heel. "—ow." she glared at veronica.

she pouted at her. "lo siento, amor."

"what do you mean?" archie asked.

"oh, nothing, just that i had a few words with our director/host, and reminded him that he's heard you sing on numerous occasions." she explained, referring to kevin.

"—although it compromises my artistic integrity—" kevin sighed.

"cutting to the chase, you have a slot if you want it." veronica announced.

"thank you, ronnie, but you saw what happened. we all did."
gracie held up my phone and waved it,
holding in her giggles.
"playing my songs in front of you guys is one thing, but getting back up on that stage by myself?" archie shook his head. "i don't think i'm ready..."

"if it's a partner you're looking for, veronica lodge is more that willing and able."

"ugh, don't refer to yourself in third person. it's creepy." gracie frowned.

"vee, i didn't know you could sing?" betty said.

"like a nightingale." veronica smiled proudly. "what do you say, archiekins? be the jay to my béy?"

archie thought about it for a moment before chuckling and nodding.

~♛~

4:37 pm
—————————————————————
betty💫🔎

jug and i got into quiet mercy

and??
what happened??
was polly there??

she's pregnant!
with jason's baby.

oh shit
i'm coming over rn
have u got snacks?

cheezits are on the menu
you eat more than jughead
and that's saying something

be quiet nancy drew
u better not be making out w/ my brother rn
omw
[SEEN]

~♛~

"betty, you said you had cheezits but all i can find are—" gracie walked into betty's room, just to see betty and jughead sharing a kiss.
"oh my god, bughead is real—" she groaned covering her eyes.

"thanks for ruining the moment, grace." jug said sarcastically.

"you can swallow each others faces later." the jones girl said. "now, betty, what's this hidden car you were talking about?"

"well... polly talked about some car jason had stashed away for when they had planned to run away together. she said it was on route 50? near some sign?... if we can find it, we can confirm polly's story."

"well, one way or another."

~♛~

and sure enough, there it was. they had to walk through rain and mud along a dark highway, using their flashlights to guide our way, but they found it.
the car. it was covered with a sheet of tarp, and leaves, like it had been their for a while.

jughead pulled off the tarp and opened the trunk. inside was some small packages, and... jason's letterman jacket...

"what are these?" betty asked, pointing at the parcels.

"drugs." gracie replied, picking one of the packages up and inspecting them.

"and you know this, because?"

"it doesn't matter how i know. they're drugs."

"well, put it down. this is evidence! this is all evidence!"

"oh, crap. this whole car is a crime scene..." jug murmured, pulling out his phone to take a picture.

"we need to get sheriff keller and then polly. right now!"

~♛~

9:48 pm
—————————————————————
cherry bomb🍒💄

hey
um
can i come over to ur house?
i really don't want to be alone rn

shit
i'm sorry
i'm rlly busy right now
some shit is going on

yk what?
forget i ever asked

cheryl
[SEEN]

~♛~

in reality, gracie was sleeping in a sleeping bag in the janitor's cupboard of riverdale high. jughead was in the other corner, in his sleeping bag. they had no home for cheryl to come to.

~♛~

'although the police swiftly arrived at the scene of the drug-packed car...

it had been set alight.
all the evidence has been destroyed.

the whole car, up in flames.

and when betty and jughead arrived back at the sisters of quiet mercy to rescue polly...

she was gone.

her window was smashed.

and she was off into the night.

alone.'

~♛~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 6.8K 40
BUGHEAD ❤
102K 1.9K 174
lil stories for our bughead hearts
545K 11.4K 30
"I need a gangsta to love me better than all the others do..." Sweet Pea X OC
49.4K 910 37
no longer updating