Lacking Humanity|Crescent Moon

By NerdyxWitch

[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf who... More

-Author'sNote-
-Important Details-
-Prologue-
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
-New Moon-
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
-Waxing Crescent-
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
-First Quarter-
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
-Waxing Gibbous-
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
-Full Moon-
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
-Waning Gibbous-
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
-Third Quarter-
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
-Waning Crescent-
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Lacking Humanity: Book Two
-Deleted Scenes-
Deleted Scene #1

Chapter One

6K 209 17
By NerdyxWitch

* * *

A lean woman rocked herself back and forth as she bobbed her head to the rhythm in her head. It was something obscure, sure. One of the doctors had started playing music to pass the time while doing his work. He noted that music had made the subject grow calm. Thus they began to use it as a tactic.

Sage's fingers pressed against the tall issued socks she'd been given that morning. It made it easy to clothe her but still retain access to her thighs if a sedative was deemed necessary.

Yet nothing had been severe enough to make that call, not for a while. And that was all due to how null her wolf had become to this lifestyle.

If someone said shift.

She'd shift.

If someone said eat, she ate.

It has been like this since before she could even remember.

Sage was trained to limit and was measured as tamed. And the only reason she was never punished was when they angered her wolf, not her.

Those who studied her mother were assigned and transferred to raise her child, which was not done so easily in this environment. The young woman could understand a good portion of what was being spoken to her, but when it came to terms involving human things, she was confused and nearly oblivious to the definition.

Read. Nobody bothered. Why would a dog need to read?

Speaking. Speak when you're told to. Even then, it would only pertain to yes or no questions.

Numbers, she knew numbers. She had a code memorized in her head, one of which held seven digits.

9873426

Upon thinking of said code, the latch door had suddenly swung right open, following the entering beep. And in came one of her many nurses. Henry.

Sage liked him the best. He'd treated her with kindness and paired it all with a smile.

Not that she ever returned it, as her eyes were always distant and blinking off into different directions based on her thoughts.

It was a similar function she had, ever since she was a child.

"Lunchtime sweetheart, extra potatoes too. Doc's serious about this weight thing." The knock settled her to look up from her position as he frowned at her calculating look directed to the corner of her cell.

Sage heard his heartbeat slow down, followed by his hitched breath. Her head titled in confusion as to what prompted that reaction.

Her understanding of emotions was limited to instinct.

Happy. Sad. Love

All of these rightly didn't compute with her as she stared at him in question. "Come on, I'll hold off the blood until after dinner." He offered, and it was the smallest of any incentive to get her towards the small table they gifted her 'room.'

Her limited knowledge did pertain to the use of forks and spoons, but there was no trusting her with a knife beside her dinner plate. Luna would have been successful in doing the same in the operating room had they not restrained her in the nick of time.

As soon as she started to much down on the offered chicken and mashed potatoes, Henry nodded at the mental checklist for his next round back to this holding block. "I'll bring blankets from storage, you need anything else?" Her eyes popped up to his question as she tapped her inner wrist.

"Hair ties? we can get your hair cut again if you want." She simply touched her wrist again in denial for a haircut.

Her wolf didn't like scissors.

"Alright...Anything else?" She then tapped her tall socks, causing him to chuckle with a shake of his head. Sage always asked for the strangest of things, but then again, he hadn't been on this project long enough to know that this was all she liked.

He knew the bare minimum, that she had been held for a while. But only a certain few knew that she was actually born in captivity.

"Ten minutes. And I want all that water finished." In spite, she had taken a big gulp to silently proclaim that she knew what he meant, but didn't finish it yet. If they had any understanding of how weak her body was, they would know that both she and her wolf demanded more than a small and simple human serving.

A wolf of her standards craved meat.

Raw, not cooked.

Upon looking at her plate, one would think it was cooked to feed a pup. The chicken itself was cut up into bite-sized pieces so she wouldn't need a knife.

It was sectioned off by veggies, meats, and grain. And even then, it wasn't enough to sustenance to properly nurture a growing she-wolf like herself.

After being gifted with another set of long socks and blankets, a slight tick of a smile had formed on her face. But the hairbands had really done the trick to promoting a genuine reaction.

Henry has a younger sister that he frequently saw, so he offered to braid her hair. And after a failed attempt and a frustrated huff in trying to do it herself, she allowed him to do just that. His hands were steadier, as she hadn't been able to practice any sort of motor skills in her upbringing.

Holding a fork had been the end of any training in that regard. "Be back for dinner. Make sure you finish that cup." She bobbed her head, and that was as much of an agreement as he was going to ever get.

After a small nap, a few stretches, and spending time in her wolf, she managed to mark down all her objectives for the day. Today was Sunday, her only day off.

The days of the week she knew very well, as well as time. As it went along with schedules and when she was needed outside the cell.

On weekends they let her rest to build up strength and recover. Tomorrow would be physical contact, both wolf form, and skin.

She already knew that her body would be sore by tomorrow night, but nothing amounted to Wednesdays. In her experiences, they were considered the worst.

Somedays, they would test her endurance. Others included some more sadistic theories such as shocking, waterboarding--All in the hopes of searching for a weakness.

And so far, they've gained only a bit of knowledge. A high dose of anything could take down a wolf. But the issue is they never counted at just how weak both her and her wolf really are after so many years.

Sage had counted the tiles on the ceiling more times than she knew numbers. It was therapeutic at this point, but what had shocked her was the sudden abruptness of her schedule.

A quick look at the large clock on the wall read 4:32. Henry wasn't around now, so who had entered?

Hurrying off into her corner at the far wall, opposite to cell door. She peeked through her arched knees and hugged them as she caught several guards starting to drag two bodies into separate cells.

One was directly across from her while the other was sharing bars. It wasn't all that impossible to see the newcomer clearly, or even touch one another if they tried.

"Oh, she's a pretty little thing, isn't she--HEY!" One of the guards banged at the door to gain Sage's attention, and her eyes lazily flickered off to the low-life prison guard.

All the scientists despised him, and he was accounted to be the worst. Sage knew of his vile actions, could smell the sourness from his body the moment he stormed into the cell block.

Alex.

Her dull eyes weren't appealing to him. He liked something with a little bit of fear in them. "Shame," He laughed, licking his lips and smiling through the thick bars that separated the two of them. "...You're not off-limits for long, just you wait." She blinked once again, not giving any confirmation that she heard or understood what he was implying. The anger had steamed off him as he stalked out of the room to perform his next task.

Sage didn't have any other opinion other than him being vile. Antagonizing her like she could do anything in retaliation. Her wolf thought it was pretty entertaining. If he was the one in the ring tomorrow, she wouldn't have any problem ripping his throat out.

She had done it before, out of rage and temptation, as they wanted to see just how she would take down an opponent.

And she fell right into their trap.

Sage continued to blink in the direction of the male in the cell beside hers.

Cold? she thought, forming it as a question in her mind. But he wasn't shivering. Perking her lips, she continued to stare to study his breathing. The sharp inhales suggested that he was hurt.

And after a few minutes of watching the two males, she hunkered into her bed, snuggling against the extra pillows and blankets as she fell back into a resting state.

"Liam--Pst! Liam!" The voice called out, bringing Sage out of her nap. She quickly blinked in offering as she looked to the male across from her cell. He was awake now, and speaking.

Which intrigued her wolf completely.

"Liam! Fuck...Liam!" The male was persistent in trying to get the other male's attention. But the second she had moved, his eyes snapped in her direction.

"Oh, thank goddess. can you poke him for me?" She started towards him in confusion, trying to digest his words and put them into action. Her thins legs soon moved her from the bed as she slowly crawled towards the bars and extended her hand forward. Tapping him directing in the cheek, only for him to frown after a failed attempt.

"Again, slap him if you have to." She poked him again and again, only until a responsive groan shifted into a growl--Causing her to stop her next tap. "Hey, don't bite the messenger, brother." The older of the two scolded, but the one named Liam just groaned again as he tried to sit up.

"Sorry—Er. Luke? Where the fuck are we?"

A scoff erupted from Luke's direction, and Sage's eyes danced between the two males as they discussed back and forth where they were.

"Hey, hun...You know where we are?" Liam asked, his eyes shining a different sort of blue that made her feel almost...warm. And she hadn't even been wearing her thickest blanket.

'where are we?' She continued to stare in constant thought, where? It sounded so simple but didn't rightly sit well with her. She was just simply here.

"Girl's probably doped up. Come on, brother. Those hunters must've jumped us after left Auntie's pack." Luke hadn't given her the chance to speak, but Liam's gaze never faltered from the young she-wolf just sitting a few feet away.

"You okay?" The kinder of the two asked, and what a loaded question it had been. But in terms of ignoring the unnecessary chatter, Sage had found her therapeutic sequence of bobbing her head back and forth.

"She doesn't look like she's from White Paw...What pack are you from?" Luke had been filled with questions, but none had been met with a verbal answer. But this one had gained back her attention from Liam.

He huffed in annoyance at her lack of cooperation.

"Mom's gonna kill us." Liam groaned, lying back onto the cold stone that he woke up on. However, it was the given unlocking of the cell block's door that piqued Sage's interest.

Right on time.

"Alrighty, Sage. Swiped an extra biscuit. Got training tomorrow." he unlocked the door and allowed it to stay wide open as he grabbed her empty cup and poured her a hefty cup of water. "How many hair ties did you break this time?" She had them in her hands to offer them up, causing him to let out a small laugh.

Henry had a few more comments before claiming he'd be back in fifteen minutes to give her another cup of water. Yet Luke hadn't caught any of it as he watched in awe.

This female had the chance to take down a weak nurse, and here she was, accepting food from them.

Associating with them.

Agreeing with them.

"Are they bothering you?" Henry asked, slightly out of breath. A growl escaped his throat, which stilled Sage and had Herny jump. And it left the girl to wonder if they were indeed bothering her, but she rightly shook her head to signal a 'no' response.

He took that as enough as a sign to leave the cellblock. Allowing the wolves to converse amongst themselves once more while Sage began to eat through her meal.

But then the question popped into her mind if Luke and Liam would be getting dinner too.

Her thoughts were answered by another growl that stopped her next bite, yet it wasn't a normal one...Though she understood the feeling of what it meant.

Liam is hungry.

"How long you suppose they had us for already?" He issued, and Luke rubbed his eyes and shrugged. "Dunno, but Aunt's cooking lasts a while." Their words had caused Sage to look down at her plate.

She knew she would be getting breakfast in the morning, eight on the dot. So she took hold of the biscuit and crawled towards the shared wall over to Liam.

Her hand extended to him in offering to share food. And a smile instantly bloomed on his face. "You sure?... You look too skinny, hun." her offer didn't falter in the slightest, and so he took it.

Liam hadn't realized just how hungry he was and hacked off a large chunk of it. Munching and humming at the buttery goodness that it was filled with.

Sage took the other biscuit from her plate and stared at it for a moment before looking off towards Luke. "Eat it. I'm good." Her sadness was evident as he didn't want what she was offering, so she looked back to Liam and handed him his brother's biscuit.

She didn't need to eat. Not as much as them.

Liam took it, and it ate it just as faster as the first, but he denied any more food from the girl. And as she turned back to face the wall and enjoy the rest of her meal, Liam mouthed off to his brother, 'how old is she?'

And Luke could only estimate that she is around seventeen or eighteen, give or take her size.

As expected, Henry returned, filling up her cup of water and continuing on with gifting her another set of socks, paired with a shirt and shorts.

Sage had been around doctors poking and sticking things into her skin for a lifetime now. There was no shame in changing in front of these males as she was never taught the idea of modesty. But they were respectful regardless. Liam had pulled his hand up to block the view at the first motion of her tugging up her shirt.

While it took Luke a full faze before he turned completely around. Sage didn't know anything had been wrong in terms of changing one shirt for another, and so she left the clothes on the desk and snuggled up into bed.

And on cue, the main lights went out, and the emergency lights began to glow in strips on both the floor and ceiling. All three wolves could see in the dark, but the soft breathing coming from the corner of the room told the males that she was asleep.

And it was time to plan.

"This has to be one of the higher facilities. We're going to have trouble getting out." Luke growled lowly at the thought while his brother hummed, and it didn't take him long to catch the judgemental gaze in his direction.

"She offered.

"She offered. Yeah, she probably offered to suck his dick to get it too. Don't eat anything else. We don't know what's in it." His brother was right about the food.

But Sage performing any kind of sexual favor to that scronny little human was not something he wanted to picture. Especially if it was for something as small as an extra biscuit at dinner.

He sighed, grinding his teeth in reaction to seeing the thin scars littering her back and arms.

What she does, is how she manages to survive.

And he wasn't going to judge anyone for that.

"She looks like she's from Blue Moon...Maybe it's cause she's so thin." Liam said, thinking out loud. While Luke let out a loud breath, wondering about the girl as well. He caught the scars, too, when she came over and tried to offer her share of food. Seeing the scars made him wonder what she endured so far.

And it would only provide a hint as to what they would be facing tomorrow morning.

______

Original Post

Date: 11-01-2020

Time: 10:19

Words: 2434

______

EDITED
DATE: 07-18-2021
WORDS: 2760

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

782K 2.1K 32
April Rymer needs a change in pace, a change in scenery. Having grown up her entire life as an outcast within her own pack, she's desperate for an ad...
2.5M 89K 55
Carrie's pack life was going perfectly. Chosen mate to the alpha, acting luna to her pack, and in love with her fiancé, she had nothing to complain a...
278K 8.7K 64
⭐Highest rank: #194 in Werewolf on 20/06/2020 ⭐#1 in projectwerwolves ⭐Featured in the @Werewolf profile under Werewolf Romance [Completed on: 13 Jul...
1.6M 60.5K 74
Just when the world is about to get hectic between rouges and packs, the goddess promises a saviour to rescue the innocent and punish the evil. They...