unravel | dream x reader |

By -vcrse

- when y/n, a proud and loyal warrior for l'manburg, realises her role in this war is a lot bigger than she t... More

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]

[8]

47.6K 1.4K 1.5K
By -vcrse

"Tommy?"

The two made eye contact, staring in silence for a while, both speechless. The blonde boy was crouched, hiding in the cover of a bush and a tall tree in the shadows carrying small pebbles in his closed fist. If it wasn't for his bright blonde hair, you probably wouldn't have been able to notice him. He looked up to the girl, offering her a relieved smile and small wave.

"What are you do-"

She was cut off by the sound of him shushing her, pressing a finger against his lips. He pointed the same finger to the room a couple floors below hers, where there was muffled talking and murmuring. Understanding the message, she nodded and lowered her voice to just above a whisper.

"What are you doing here?" She whisper-shouts, her palms pressing against the window frame so she could balance herself. In front of her, there were thick iron bars, keeping her captive inside of her room - reminding her that she was in fact still a prisoner here.

"We have a plan, and I need to explain it to you" he says as he starts to climb up the tree next to him. She gave a confused stare but remained silence, signalling him to elaborate with a movement of her wrist.

"In a few days, Tubbo is going to distract the dream team by detonating some tnt near the entrance somewhere and lure them away from here for as long as he can. He should be fine, he says he's got a few potions and pearls to escape. Whilst that's happening, I'm going to break you out of here and we'll escape back to L'manburg, where Tubbo should be waiting after getting away." He explains, finally reaching the top of the tree, and balancing himself at the branch in front of Y/N's window. The girl looked down, thinking the plan through in her head.

This is insane... There was no way they would be able to pull off a crazy stunt like this and get away with it.

"Tommy, I'm not saying the plan is bad but... what happens after? After we escape? Dream is surely going to fight back and he'll stop at nothing to get his own way, you know that..." she crosses her arms instead, resting her shoulder against the window frame. Her brows were furrowed and her posture seemed tense in a way, most likely due to a certain group of people being just below them at this very moment.

"That's the thing, N/N, we have new recruits coming in soon and new reinforcements along with them. We'll be prepared as ever. We can win." he says, the smile on his face not once faltering as he's explaining the plan. The H/C girl runs a hand through her hair, trying her best to think of the pros and not the cons.

"What does Wilbur think about all this?" She asks turning her gaze back to the curly-blonde haired boy. His smile drops slightly and his hand goes to rub his neck nervously.

"Well, you see... Wilbur doesn't exactly quite know... yet..." he responds slowly, his eyes finally going to meet Y/N's as he studies her expression.

"What... Tommy, you can't just plan behind Wilbur's back, he's the president... you'll be in so much trouble!" Her palms rest against the frame again and she gives a ridiculed expression to the blonde facing her. The boy's smile fully disappears and instead shows guilt and slight shame on his face.

"I know and I was going to! But he'll turn down the plan immediately, I just know he will. Look, this plan could actually work and I can't have it thrown away just because Wilbur thinks it's 'too risky' or 'really stupid'." He mocks Wilbur's voice in his thick British accent, causing a small giggle to escape Y/N's mouth. "Now are you in or not?"

She stops laughing to think through the plan again. This was without a doubt a crazy and really dumb plan, but like Tommy said, it could work. The odds of her having another chance to escape again were not likely either, so it really could be down to this. She knew Tommy would try to run through with it anyway, despite her opinion on it, so I guess she only really has one choice.

"I'm in."

—————
As soon as the words had escaped her mouth, the boy burst into a cheer of joy, almost falling out of the tree in the process. She quickly shushed him and urged him to quickly leave, just in case they decide to investigate and caught him talking to her. He reluctantly left, but not without saying something along the lines of 'you won't regret this, I promise!'. Boy, did she hope he was right..

Almost instantly after he left, she regretted her decision, her mind flicking back to all the negatives she previously thought of. What if they get caught? What if they get hurt? She nervously bit down on her finger nails and tapped her foot, in an attempt to calm herself down, which unfortunately only helped so much. She sat herself down on the bed staring at the wall opposite her as thoughts raced through her mind. She didn't know what she'd do if they got hurt, other than blame herself fully for it. If this plan went to shit, which she now believed it would, then she felt she'd be responsible, being the oldest and all. Tubbo and Tommy were like her brothers, and she loved them as if they were. Sadly, there was no backing out now. This plan was happening - whether she liked it, or not.

A strange gleam of light from the other side of the room grabbed her attention, and she directed her eyes to the source. On the far side of the room was a couple of her hair grips, reflecting the strong light of the full moon outside. Back when Dream woke her up earlier, she remembered taking the pins out of her hair and leaving them there. She didn't think too much of the object at first, until an idea struck her. Picking herself up from off the bed, she hurried over to the grips, picking one up before stretching the wire out so it was at its full length. Her fingers fiddled with it, making it as straight as she possibly could and knelt down in front of her door, poking it through the handle. Who knows? Maybe she could find something she could use during the 'jailbreak'.

She had originally learnt this tip from her good fox friend Fundy, who used to use this technique a lot. Not for anything bad particularly - mostly to just steal Wilbur's chests of supplies or food without him noticing or realising. He had shown her the tip when the girl herself had caught him in the act, but agreed to not bait him out by sharing some of the supplies he stole with the girl. Let's just say, she was feeling pretty thankful that she was curious on where her hair grips were that one day and practically blackmailed him into getting free goods.

The H/C girl pressed her ear against the door just beside the door handle it self and listened for a click to tell her that the plan had worked. Much to her dismay, the sound she heard was nothing like a click, and more like a snap. Pulling the wire out of the lock, she saw the once long thin pin now snapped in half, barely connected to eachother but only just by a small piece. She frowned, letting out a frustrated sigh. Guess this was harder then it looks...

She tossed the broken pieces over her shoulder, to where they landed over on the far corner of the cold room. She repeated the process at least 5 times, all of them snapping or bending out of shape so they couldn't be fixed, all up until the last pin. She let out shaky breath. This pin was her last shot to escaping this room, and she needed to make sure she used it well.

She stretched the pin out hesitantly placing it in the lock, except this time she moved the pin more slowly, listening to the small ticks the pin made whenever it bended into the right shape. She wiggles it one last time, moving it into the right the space when she heard the glorious sound of a click, telling her she had done it. Her face brightened up quickly, a breath she didn't even know she was holding leaving her lungs. She pumped her fist into the air as a little celebration of her success and twisted the pin to the right, unlocking it now with ease.

Thank you, Fundy.

The girl raised from her now aching knees and very quietly opened the door, peering out into the hallway on both sides and closing her room's door behind her. Nobody in sight. A mischievous smile made its way to her face as she tip-toed down the corridor, down to where she saw a tall staircase, leading down to the floor below. She could hear the faint sound of chattering right down from the bottom floor and began to take silent steps down the steps, trying her best to not alert the others.

She stealthily made it to the second floor, where she decided she might as well explore, in hopes of finding something she might've came across when she came through here with Dream previously. She used what little she remembered to guide herself down the endless tunnels, before finally arriving at the room she could only assume was the weapons room she'd been in previously. If she were to start somewhere for this plan, this would be the best place.

She turned the doorknob slightly, pushing it open so she could see the weapons and armour on full display. Although she had already seen it before, she couldn't help but stare in awe at the shiny tools surrounding her. She gently pushed her palm against the door to shut it, her eyes never once leaving the shimmering equipment in front of her. She found herself staring at the armour in particular. She never had the opportunity to wear any of this stuff during her many years in training as a warrior, much to her dismay. The only experience she had of it was when she would be fighting her enemies, and as you'd expect, it was not fun to be up against. But, even without all the heavy armour, she was still able to put up a hell of a good fight. It was beneficial too when it came to running away, since her enemies would usually have the weight of it slowing them down.

She averted her gaze to look at the wide range of weapons, all lined up neatly on the table and on the walls. She couldn't believe her eyes. They must've had everything here. Bows, crossbows, axes - you name it, they have it. She found herself testing the tools out, seeing which fit best in her grip and which felt more comfortable to use. She admired every thing they had to offer, but seemed particularly interested in the bow that seemed to fit almost perfectly in her small hands. She propped the weapon up, holding the string against her cheek and releasing an imaginary arrow soaring through the air. It felt weirdly natural to be holding the item, almost like she had done it before or something, which she knew she hadn't. At least not recently.

The only time she had equipped a bow like this was when she was around 8 and her dad decided to join her in training for his day off. From what she could remember, her dad happened to be quite an important role in the kingdom back in the day - he was one of the lead fighters, who fought along side with some of the most well respected members of the nation. Back then, the whole kingdom was united and there was no L'manburg - just a nation of people who fought along side each other, which was much different to how things were nowadays... obviously there were the odd few people who still disagreed with the monarch's declares and demands, but nobody really thought much of them back then. And look how that turned out.

Back to the day where her father taught her to shoot, he had brought her to the middle of the forest near their house, where he had drawn a bunch of targets on the centre of the trees, so she could practice her aim. At first, she didn't understand how to aim it steadily, complaining about how her hands weren't stable and were constantly trembling. He had managed to calm her though, giving her a bit of advice whilst he was at it. Although she remembered just about everything from that day, there was once thing he had said that remained clearer then anything.

"Rule number 1, before firing your shot, always remember to breathe."

He told her that taking deep breaths helps clear your mind and was a good way of calming yourself down, especially before making a big decision. It would help you to focus on what you're doing and in a way, it decided for you if you were making the right decision. From that day on, shooting a bow was no longer a challenge. Turns out, she was a natural and figured out how to aim the bow pretty quickly.

She flipped the bow over in her hands, a smile gracing her face at the memories that seemed to flood in. It had been a good long time since she had last used one of these. It felt good to return to her roots. She positioned the bow over her shoulder, so it encased her and hung off her back in place, along with a leather satchel of arrows too. During her small search through weapons, she also managed to find one of Tommy's old swords, shimmering in it's former glory. She quickly tucked it away by her hip and grabbed a few other weapons too whilst she was there. Who knows? The stuff could come in really useful.

Deciding she had finally retrieved enough tools, she made her way towards the entrance and quietly opened the large door, peeking around the corner to see if anybody was around. The coast was clear. The H/C girl quickly shuffled her way through the empty corridors and back upstairs to her own room, which she managed to reach without raising any suspicion. The weapons were quickly tucked away in a floorboard she found was loose and was quickly blocked up again, as if it hadn't been tampered with in the first place. A smile made its way to her lips again as she stared at her accomplishment with pride. At least now they had a fighting chance against Dream and his goons if things did end up going to shit.

She let out a tired breath, not without noticing the full moon that shine brightly over their base. Her back hit the mattress quickly as she let her legs give in and fall loose. She finally could get some rest. The more she thought about the event in the next few days, the more she anticipated it.

Maybe, just maybe, this plan would work, and she'd be back home, with her friends. Her family. Where she wouldn't have to think about that stupid masked man in his stupid green hoodie. God, how she couldn't wait to escape this shithole.

YOOO sorry for the super late chapter, but I'm back now to feed you with precious content :)) did you all watch the SAD-ist animatic because I'm IN LOVE MAN! 💞💕✨💞💕 also Tommy's recent stream got me hyped af.. whats your opinion on it, and if you want, feel free to share them in the comments as well as your theories on who the traitor is this time 👀
Anyways TY ALL FOR THE READS AND ILY HAVE A GREAT DAY OR A GREAT NIGHT <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 1.3K 16
RIP TECHNOBLADE This book will still be up just to keep the memory of him alive. {<FINISHED>} This is a technoblade x read...
2.3K 46 19
Y/n lives in L'manburg, a classic story. Dream and her meet, yet he... decides to spare her life? When it comes time for war, she becomes conflicted...
7.7K 245 10
im so sorry if you see this without context. silly name, serious fic lol. tw for death and toxicity ig. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA IM SO SORRY
129K 3.9K 55
Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they belong together. If I knew what time it was that night, would I have still met him...