once we met | derek morgan. ✓

By MatthewGrayGoobles

derek morgan fanfiction. julianna mae hotchner, the daughter of ssa aaron hotchner, starts her first day as a... More

prologue!
1 : first day
2 : coffee order
3 : feelings
4 : the bar
5 : divorce
6 : road trips
7 : the cemetery
8 : history
9 : the arrest.
10 : escape.
12 : explanations.
13 : honesty.
14 : arguments.
15 : elle.
16 : texas.
17 : hospital.
18 : dinner party
19 : morning sickness.
20 : reactions.
21 : decisions.
22 : pain.
23 : anesthesia.
24 : bottoming out
25 : speechless.
26 : interruptions
27 : cell phone.
28 : lucky charm bracelet.
29 : move in
30 : anniversary
31 : marry me?
32 : new york.
33 : explosions.
34 : together.
35 : target.
36 : aftermath.
37 : thanksgiving.
38 : torture
39 : take on the world.
40 : christmas.
epilogue!
announcement!

11 : jealousy.

9.8K 176 163
By MatthewGrayGoobles

j u l e s .

"Jules..." Derek says softly as tears roll down my cheeks.

I pull up my sleeves, wiping away my tears with them. I push past Hotch, running straight into Derek's arms.

"Jules, I-" Derek says softly.

"Shh, don't talk. It's okay. You explain your life story and everything else later. You need a hug right now, and that's it." I say softly, pulling Derek in tightly.

Derek pulls me in, holding me in comfort for a solid thirty seconds before my dad clears his throat.

"You two.." Hotch starts.

I release myself from the hug, standing side by side with Derek before turning to face Hotch.

I glance up at Derek as he nods, "Hotch, Jules and I are happy... We were nothing but professional while working the case. We started our own thing on our road trip to Chicago." Derek defends, pulling me a little closer.

"Okay." Hotch says with a slight nod, releasing the tension from his jaw.

My brow furrows, "You're not gonna lecture me?" I ask, confusion rising in my tone.

"You both are adults, I trust you two know what you're doing. As for you personally, I have a lecture planned out for the ride back to your apartment when we land in Quantico." Hotch states as Derek chuckles a little.

"Ooo, Jules is in trouble." He mocks, tickling my side.

"Stop!" I squeal, running out of the door, trying to escape from Derek.

I run outside, greeted by the team.

"Who are you running from?" JJ asks.

"Derek!" I squeal, hiding behind Spence.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Spence exclaims, moving slightly.

I squeal, seeing Derek come out of the front doors.

"Where is she Pretty Boy?" He asks Spence as I quietly tiptoe to hide behind Emily.

Suddenly I'm swept off my feet.

"I gotcha!" Derek exclaims, throwing me over his shoulders and spinning me in rapid circles.

I squeal and giggle, the crisp air feeling good every time we spin around in another circle.

Derek eventually puts me down, running his hands through my hair rapidly, messing it up a bit.

"Ah the Lovebirds are happy." Emily says, chuckling softly.

Elle shoots me a glare.

"What?" I ask, the team going silent.

"Nothing." Elle groans, walking away.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, looking up at Derek.

"I have no clue." He responds, wrapping his arm around me as we walk back to the SUVs.

The team chatters constantly as we wait for Hotch by the SUVs, he's inside looking for more evidence to use against Carl Buford in his upcoming trial.

I glance up to Derek, who's currently smiling huge at a joke Emily said about Spence's statistics. How does he do that? How does he pretend like nothing has happened to him in the past?

Hotch comes out, two file boxes in his hand.

"I got a lot of evidence we can use when you testify against him." Hotch whispers to Derek.

"Thanks Hotch. I really appreciate you doing this." Derek says with a small grin as Hotch nods.

Hotch turns to the rest of the team, "All right everyone. I had Anderson book hotel rooms so we can stay in Chicago for one more night before leaving to Quantico." He announces as we all nod.

"You ready to go?" Derek asks, looking down at me as I nod.

"Actually, Derek, can you wait up a second?" Hotch asks as Derek nods.

"Here, take my phone and keys. Start the car so you aren't cold. I'll be right there." Derek says, planting a small kiss on my forehead before handing me his phone and the keys to the SUV.

I turn on my heels, walking towards the SUV. As I climb in, Derek's phone begins to buzz a ton, multiple messages appearing on the screen.

From Elle Greenaway:
Did you tell her?

From Elle Greenaway:
Maybe I should...

From Elle Greenaway:
What hotel room are you gonna be in?

From Elle Greenaway:
Maybe I could pay you a visit after your stressful day ;)

Tears fill my eyes. Derek and Elle? I mean I knew they were close...but I didn't know they were this close.

Derek opens the car door, climbing in immediately.

"What's wrong?" Derek asks, noticing me wiping my tears away.

I shake my head, "Nothing." I say, looking out the passenger window.

"Why didn't you turn the car on?" He asks, his tone filling with curiousness.

"Are you and Elle a thing?" I ask, my heart climbing in my throat.

Derek's brow furrows, "What the hell are you talking about?" He asks.

I pick the phone up, showing him the messages.

He shakes his head in confusion, "I have no clue what she's talking about." He says, reading the texts.

I nod, keeping my gaze focused on the passenger window, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Jules, look at me." Derek says, as I turn my head slowly.

He places his hands on his cheeks, wiping tears from my cheeks with his thumbs.

"Do you trust me?" Derek asks, his hands still cupping my cheeks as I nod lightly.

"Listen to me..." He begins, his eyes longing, holding my gaze.

"I'm listening." I giggle, my tone soft and innocent.

His finger runs along my cheek, "I like you. I liked you from the minute you turned eighteen, that's when I finally knew it wouldn't be illegal... But, I was always to scared because of Hotch, but I'm not scared of telling you now, because hell, you're an adult. I like you and you only. Elle and I are nothing, we were nothing. Ever since she joined the BAU, she's been throwing herself at me and I'm sick of it. You are the girl I got my eyes on." He says sincerely, his eyes flickering up and down.

"You are a very likeable person too." I giggle as Derek's hands dart for my side, tickling me viciously.

"Okay, okay, I'm done."

Derek turns away from me, placing his hand on my thigh as we drive. I turn on my phone, texting my mom the full story, explaining why I lied about being sick, etc.

I swear sometimes I feel like I'm a kid.

I look up, holding my gaze on the surroundings outside of the car.

I glance at Derek, his eyes fixated on the road, "Uhh Derek, this isn't the way to the hotel." I say, confused.

"I know." He says, a small smirk on his face.

"Are you kidnapping me again?" I ask, giggling softly.

Derek chuckles, glancing over at me.

He turns to face me, "No I am not. You'll see where we're going soon."

I groan, "You're always saying it's a surprise. Just tell me where we're going!" I exclaim.

"I'm full of surprises." Derek chuckles, his eyes fixating on the road again.

I groan again, leaning my head on the window, watching as cars pass us on the freeway.

A couple minutes pass before we get off the freeway, entering a small neighborhood full of apartment complexes.

"What's this?" I ask, confusion rising heavily in my tone.

"Welcome to my mom's place." Derek says, smiling goofily as he climbs out of his car, running over to my side to open the door for me.

"Why'd you bring me here?" I ask, giggling nervously.

Derek chuckles, wrapping his arm around me, "I met your parents already, and you already met my dad, but you still need to meet my mom and sisters." Derek explains as I nod.

We walk up the steps, his mom buzzing us in almost immediately.

"Hey mom!" Derek calls out, opening the apartment door, letting the two of us in.

"I'm in the kitchen!" She calls out.

Derek looks down at me, "Loosen up. Hotch knows your here, he practically told me to bring you here instead of the hotel." He chuckles, "Plus, my mom will love you." He says, a small grin dancing on his lips as he plants a soft kiss on my lips.

"I hope so." I say quietly, nervousness rising in my tone.

Derek's mom squeals in excitement when she sees me, "Oh my God! Are you Julianna?" She asks as I nod.

She runs up to me, pulling me into an immediate, tight hug.

"Derek has told me all about you. All good things, of course." She says.

"Mom..." Derek begins as she shushes him, causing me to giggle softly.

Derek groans, walking down the hall to his room, I presume.

She smiles, pulling out of the hug, "He told me you were the most beautiful girl in the world. I thought he was just imagining you." She chuckles, her eyes raking up and down my body as she admires me.

"He said that?" I ask, chuckling.

She nods, "He talks about you all the time. You genuinely make him happy. You change him for the better." She says, her eyes watering a bit.

"He makes me happy too." I say, smiling like an idiot.

"He truly loves you." Derek's mom says, smiling huge.

Derek walks back into the living room, "What are you two smiling about?" He asks curiously.

"Nothing. Just girl stuff." His mom says, discreetly winking at me as I nod in agreement.

Derek loves me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 183 14
Emily is back from Paris and head over heels for Aaron Hotchner who felt the same for her. Going through a journey of past demons, kids, jobs, strug...
176K 2.7K 40
| Currently being re-written | Y/n has been at the BAU for five year, she's comfortable with whole team. But shes closer around Agent Hotchner. She b...
336K 6.8K 21
Y/N begins to work at the BAU and is instantly interested in Aaron Hotchner. After several years and many crazy events, they try to work out their tr...
45.1K 1.2K 35
𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙖 𝙢𝙪𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙧. 𝘼𝙣 𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙩. 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣�...