forever my baby

By urthangel

"i love you maddy. you're my entire world." "i love you too, you're forever my mom." "and you're forever my b... More

𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

3.1K 70 21
By urthangel

there's a few ways this conversation can go. it can either end up with us arguing or us finding common ground. i just hope we don't fight.

her car pulls up next to mine and i get nervous. i wave to her and she does the same. i thought inviting her to breakfast was the safest option.

"hey mom." i say getting out of my car. "hey marie." i hug her for a second. "hungry?" i smile testing the waters. "starving. let's go." my mom says and we start walking into the restaurant. we wait to be seated before actually talking to each other.

it's still weird how my mother used to be my best friend and now we have this weird relationship. at the same time, i guess this is life, things change.

"so i invited you to breakfast because i wanted to apologize." i lay it all out. "for what?" she somewhat smiles. she's loving this. me apologizing. "i'm sorry for pushing you away." i say then look down realizing that's the only thing i needed to apologize for.

"and?" my mom crosses her arms. "and?" i say with a little bit of attitude. "yes and." i look at her confused. what else do i need to apologize for?

"you lost me there. what else could i possibly apologize for?" i sit there. "for leaving me!" she frowns. i scoff. "for leaving you? you left me mother not the other way around. you basically disowned me." i tell her. "i was angry."

"and i was scared," i accidentally say too loud. "sorry." i immediately apologize. the waiter comes and takes our orders and i cool down for a bit. "i'm sorry i wasn't there for you when you needed me."

she apologized. she actually said the words. i'm honestly shocked.

"it's fine, you're here now." i sit back and she does the same. "well you didn't need me anyways, madeline looks like she's doing amazing. i always knew you'd be a good mother." she says making me smile.

my mom did raise me right, i'll aways be grateful for that.

"it's a journey. a hard one, being a mom is hard. i don't want to do anything that will mess up her future. i want her to have the perfect life." i sigh. "nobody's perfect baby and life is hard. my biggest piece of advice is to let kids be kids. teach them what you think is best but at the end of the day they're still going to do what they want. shit, you didn't listen to me."

i laugh a little. "yes i did. i was a good kid." i wasn't lying. i was a good kid. "until you met parker." my mom adds. i bite the inside of my cheek. yeah, until i met parker.

"you know he's not a bad person mom. he did hurt me though and i'm not sure if i'll ever heal but he's not a bad person." i sit back. "is that why he's back? you forgave him?" she asks. i just nod.

"you know i don't particularly like him or mason. don't get me wrong, i love mason, i really do, especially how he was there for you. i just don't think either of them are right for you. you seem different, unhappy." she says making me nervous.

"you could've kept that to yourself." i look down at my lap. i don't think too much about what she said. i didn't want to start overthinking. "sorry."

the food comes and we sit there in silence for a little bit. "me not being happy has nothing to do with them." i say finally.
"are you happy with mason?" she almost stops mid sentence.

"can we just eat mom?"

☀︎☀︎☀︎

"why did you want to meet here?" liam asks as i pull him into the bar. "because lauryn is babysitting maddy and i want to get drunk." i drag him to the bar. "i don't think this is appropriate." he says and i look at him. "liam we're both adults here." i roll my eyes.

"you're barely an adult. i'm twenty-four." he crosses his arms as he sits down. "okay you're four years older than me, no big deal." i also sit. "what's going on?" he asks taking his coat off. "what do you mean?" i tuck my hair behind my ear. he looks around. "i mean what happened in your life that made you want to get drunk... with your therapist." he laughs.

"we've known each other for two years now. you're my friend, and i wanted us to get to know each other outside of your office." i say before calling the bartender. "hi can i get two watermelon sangrias." i order and she looks at liam then at me. "can i see your id?" she asks and i freeze. i forgot. "i'm literally twenty-two." i lie.

liam laughs and hands the bartender his id. "they're for me, not for her." he smiles at me. the bartender checks his id then smiles at him. "anything else for you?" she asks him. her voice is different, i think she's flirting with him. "just a water." liam says and i frown. "coming right up." the bartender hands him back his id.

"liam you're supposed to be drinking with me." i complain. "then who's going to drive you home?" he says making me frown again. i didn't think this through. "right. well we could uber!" i suggest. "then your car will be left here." he says. ugh.

"whatever. by the way that girl was flirting with you." i say taking my coat off. "i know." he says looking at me. "then why didn't you flirt back? she's pretty." i look at her from a distance, watching her pour our drinks. "she's not my type." i look at him. "then what's your type?" i say then gasp.

"wait you just broke up with your girlfriend, you need a rebound!" i say excitedly. "i don't want a rebound bri." liam shakes his head and faces the bar. i definitely need to get him to drink with me. the bartender girl comes back with my drinks... well liams drinks.

"thank you." liam grabs them and waits for her to leave to give them to me. "go crazy." he turns to me with his arms crossed. excited, i grab one of the drinks and take a big sip. "oh my god this is so good," i squeal. "try it. one drink won't hurt i promise." i say smiling.

he stares at it then looks at me. i sip more of my drink. "fine." he gives in and finally drinks with me. "this is really good." he nods. "i know, i think she put more alcohol in it because she thinks you're hot." i laugh. "shut up, she doesn't."

"she does and you know it." i look at him. "do you think i'm hot?" he asks catching me totally off guard. i just continue to sip my drink which makes him laugh. "anyways... now we can get to know each other." i move the half full drink out of the way.

"i know everything about you." he smirks. touché. "that's kind of scary," i look away. he does know everything about me. "well tell me about you. i want to know more. you never talk about yourself." i sip again. "because i'm getting paid to talk about you." he does have a point once again.

"okay liam. just tell me something." i lean in ready to listen. "i live in seattle." he says. "seattle? really? i thought you lived in olympia." i'm actually amazed. "nope i live in seattle." he sips. "i haven't been to seattle." i say but he already knows that. "i'll take you." he smiles a little. "right now?" i get excited. "not right now."

"please! party at liams!" i cheer. "are you a lightweight?" he looks at my empty cup. "i don't think so. i don't know, i don't drink often." i laugh.

"you shouldn't." he says. "are you a lightweight?" i ask him. "no." he's so blunt. "you finished your drink. how do you feel?" i ask looking for the bartender. "i'm fine. how are you?" he looks at me amused.

"i'm fine! four shots of tequila!" i say loudly to the bartender. "four?" liams eyes widen. "two for me, two for you." i clap. "i have to drive us home." he runs his hands through his hair. "save it for later then!" i say making him laugh.

"it doesn't work like that." liams smile makes me smile. "i'll make it work."

i started to feel a little warm. it's working!

the bartender girl brings the four shots and i clap again. "wait can you do me a favor?" i ask her. "what?" she says while chewing her gum loudly. "can u bring me a to go cup?" i whisper. "sure." she looks at liam and smiles before she leaves.

"i have a plan!" i lean in closer to liam to tell him my plan. he also leans in laughing. "i'm going to put your shots in a to go cup so you can drink when we get to your house!" i whisper in his ear. "here." she puts the cup on the table then leaves again.

"you're drunk already, wow you're a lightweight." liam shakes his head. "no i'm not drunk. i think i'm just tipsy." i down one of the shots. "yeah okay, no more for you." he takes the other one away from me. "let's go."

he gets up and puts his coat on. "wait, put your shots in the cup!" i demand. he listens but laughs while doing it. "okay now we can go!"

☀︎☀︎☀︎

a/n: ok i just got off work its 6am and i am TIRED so sorry if it has any misspellings and shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 474 34
A match made in heaven? Far from it But maybe it won't be the worst thing to happen. [COMPLETED: 28.09.20] #1 in Newhopeclub at one point
1.3M 62.9K 100
Completed. ☾ This is a SEQUEL!!! 1) 'Camp Where The Hell Are We?' 2) 'Cabin Fever' 3) 'Asterism' ☾ "I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also be...
28.1K 2.2K 43
Book one in Forever' Series #FIRST IN ROMANCE #FIRST IN BEST MOM #FIRST IN TWISTS #FIRST IN TURNS Ariana & Ryan, the best friends forever. Their fri...