Being Alive [Charlie Barber]

By worm-girl

You're an aspiring director who just moved to New York City. You are inexperienced and eager and thrilled to... More

Chapter 1: Mr.Barber
Chapter 2: Trouble
Chapter 3: Good Girl
Chapter 4: Dirty
Chapter 5: Brat
Chapter 6: Thunderstorm
Chapter 7: Temporary
Chapter 8: Hiding
Chapter 9: Gone
Chapter 10: Save Me
Chapter 11: Difficult
Chapter 12: Teasing
Chapter 13: Infidelity
Chapter 14 : Alone
Chapter 15 : For Us
Chapter 16 : Home
Chapter 17 : Ice Cream
Chapter 18 : Angel
Chapter 19 : Lullaby
Chapter 20 : Heaven
Chapter 21 : Full Circle
Chapter 22 : Beginning
Chapter 23 : Fortune Cookies
Chapter 24 : Happy Halloween
Chapter 25 : Catharsis
Chapter 26 : Los Angeles
Chapter 27 : Finale

Introduction

16.2K 184 42
By worm-girl

Hello! Just wanted to make a few things clear to my readers before you start this story.

First of all, thank you for reading. It means so much to me.

Secondly, here are some warnings right off the bat : cheating, affairs, banging your boss, and overall angst.

If any of those things ^ aren't for you, then this is not the story for you.

If a particular chapter has a specific warning besides any of the ones listed above I will let  you know. But considering the fact that this fic is based off of the film 'A Marriage Story',  I would suggest that if reading about cheating on a significant other makes you uncomfortable, I would stay away from this.

With that being said, this story takes place, timeline-wise, at some point before the film begins. I don't plan on following the exact plot/order of events of the film.  At the start of the fic, Charlie and Nicole are married. That's all you need to know. It's not necessary to have seen the movie but it will probably add to the story if you have (and I recommend it!).

Ok. That's it. Enjoy. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 1.9K 27
As Charlie Barber's marriage to Nicole grows more strenuous, the two seek out the help of a marriage counselor. What he expects to find is help. What...
63.7K 2K 37
Attending classes at UCLA full time, you had to work hard unlike your other classmates. They partied and drank all night, while you were the one serv...
57.5K 2K 43
Graduating from Law School, you moved to California to begin your awaited journey. A part of your journey is bumping into Charlie Barber, A successf...
128K 4.5K 50
You're home for the holidays when a wrong number texts you on Christmas Eve. With a joyful heart and your better judgment out the window, you reply...