Connected to the Different [...

By Adamervinp

When Dr. W.D. Gaster fell into his creation, he couldn't use his powers inside the void. What if it wasn't lo... More

History
Confrontations
Nostalgia
Limitations
Trying to make peace
The consequences of truth
Delaying the inevitable
Making promises is a bad habit
Love instead of LOVE
Secrets of the past
Lukas: Origins
Two creations, two paths
Rebirth and Complications

The one pulling the strings

1.2K 16 15
By Adamervinp

After an hour, I was back in either the Dreemurr or the Wing Ding house. I fainted after using my powers, which was something new for me. I guess using the hands really does put a strain on my body. I was never the type to faint. When I stumbled into the living room, I saw Asriel, Betty, Frisk and Sans discussing something. Frisk must have been thinking about something since Sans decided to snap him out of it.

"Frisk! Got any ideas how to sort this out?" Sans asked as Frisk focused on the question.

"Uhm... I'll hear everyone else's ideas first..." He declared with a quiet voice. I felt something nudging me to go forward, and when I glanced there, it was Akumu. Why was he trying to get me there with a big smile on his face?

"Hey, stop that Akumu!" I said to him, trying to scare that ball a little. He nodded and flew to Betty. What I didn't realize, is that I attracted everyone's attention.

"You're feeling better kid? I hope so. You looked drained out back then." Sans said, turning to me. I nodded, summoning a hand and making it disappear as fast as it appeared.

"Yeah, but I'm not at full. I hope you're feeling better Sans since that laser hit you. How are you feeling?" I asked back, and summoned a bone. I could sense that he was out of magic.

"Please, let's continue this. Don't mind me joining." I added, turning to Asriel.

"Papyrus said he was at the crane because he saw a little girl asking for help. After doing what she said, he felt dizzy and passed out. Now... As Lukas mentioned, Sans got attacked by someone, and it nullified all his powers." Asriel stated, turning to Sans.

"Don't worry, it's coming back slowly. By tomorrow, I should be fine." He said, his usual grin gone from his face.

"And you managed to protect the citizens. We must thank you that Lukas. I hope that you didn't suffer permanent damage...." Frisk said to me. I smiled as I remembered the two kids who helped me.

"Don't worry. I had help inside the shield, luckily. But what's the strangest, is the girl. We would have heard if someone asked Papy for help, since they had to shout from up there." I said my thoughts out loud.

"Maybe a hallucination?" Asriel asked as he stared before him.

"Maybe, but we don't know for sure." Sans added.

"Anyways, I have this idea. We know Papyrus would never do something like that... So... Maybe if we get access to the AMD cameras we could find something we haven't seen." Asriel said. I pulled out my phone and nodded, having a solution to the AMD side.

"Great idea. I'll ask my dad to get the security off of that place, so you'll be alone." I said, asking Dad to distract the security on the floor.

- Hey dad. We need a little help. Can you make the security go away from the camera rooms for an hour? It would help us by a lot.- I sent the text and after half a minute I got a reply.

- I'll try. Please come home when you can. Your mother and I are worried about you.- He wrote. I smiled as he may be warming up to the monsters.

"Got it. The security won't be bothering you." I said to the others.

" So what about your idea, Frisk?" Sans asked from the other human.

"Oh yeah... I was.. uh... My idea... I wanted to..." He muttered as his face darkened and hid it behind his hair.

"W-what if I can find a way to RESET? We would prevent all this mess." He said and I felt the air in the room freeze below normal temperature.

"What?" Sans asked coldly. I've noticed this kind of behavior before from Sans.

"What's wrong with a reset? What does that do..?" I asked, looking at Asriel.

"It... It basically sends the world back to when Frisk fell down into the underground..." He said, remembering something. I noticed that he was kind of uncomfortable, so I decided to let the subject go.

" If I can start over, things would be better! Maybe the timeline is not glitched enough to get erased with a reset. I could-" Frisk said before he was interrupted by Sans.

"Stop. Right. There." He said, even more coldly. I don't want a fight to break out....

"So, aside from being selfish, looks like humans also have a really, really poor memory." Sans stated. I looked at Sans with a big of anger in my eyes.

"Sans..." I said, but he didn't even listen or budge.

"No seriously, that's the best you can come up with? A difficult situation shows up and all you can think of is to reset?" He nearly growled at Frisk. I sighed and focused my thoughts.

"What would you like then Sans? Should we try and, I dunno, Overwrite the timeline?" I asked, remembering something. Wasn't there a purple replica of this? It felt like I had seen something like it.

"I..I mean.." Frisk tried to argue, but his voice was too quiet. Sans just ignored it.

"Let's say that in your attempt to reset, we don't all die and you actually go back. What will happen to Asriel? Or Gaster? Or what if something happened to the surface world? Without Gaster, maybe Lukas wouldn't be here. You know that what happened... Won't ever realest again." He said, and something made my mind foggy. The feeling of not existing came over me, like I have never been born. That would be... That would be worse than dying over and over again by a curse or something.

"I could find a way to bring them back again... Somehow." Frisk said, which made Sans kind of angry.

"If you don't get bored by then, that is..." He grumbled.

"I'm not doing that!" Frisk declared, raising his voice.

"Just how you promised me you wouldn't reset? I just... that's cruel, y'know? Making me believe I finally had... Had a future to look forward to... All that "I'm sorry" talk." He said, looking at the ground. He was truly hurt, I could see that.

"Sans please understand. I-" Frisk tried to apologise, but Sans used his blue magic to pull the human close to him. I hurried to them, trying to pull them away. Sans glared at me, his eye telling me 'Not. An another. Step'.

"Since you like breaking promises... You wouldn't mind if I broke mine, right?" Sans said, looking at Frisk with his glowing eye like be could kill the human with his glare. Promises? I think that I only did one promise...

"And I promise you, that I'll stay neutral between Humans and Monsters in case something happens." I said to a skeleton figure who resembled Gaster without his eye slash wounds, a purple haired human with a same coloured beard and a blue haired guy who was around my age. Why did I make that promise? I don't even know them.... I felt my mind get filled with thousands of questions and I started to feel dizzy.

"Sans! That's enough!" Asriel shouted from his seat which made me focus back on the real world. Because of that, the skeleton released Frisk from his hold, letting the human catch his breath. Frisk started to tear up and I quickly helped him up, but my friend swatted my hand away. The next second, Sans dropped something onto the ground.

"You should've let Chara kill me... That would have hurt less than this." He said his face painted with pain. He really did feel betrayed. Frisk got up in the meantime, and when he tried to reach out for the skeleton, he turned back slightly and the ground became cracked where his right leg was. I instantly put a hand on Sans's shoulder, and it seemed like he let me.

"Asriel, you should go with Sans. He'll need someone to help. And you my friend, shouldn't waste your power. I'll teleport you inside so you'll have enough to teleport out once you're finished." I said, not letting any room for other ideas. I couldn't let Frisk and Sans be in the same room anymore, at least for today. There was so much tension between the two...

"Y-yeah... Let's go..." Asriel said, walking to us. I snapped my finger and teleported them inside the security room.

- Package delivered.- I sent the text to my dad.

- Package received.- He sent back. At least we still had the postal language we used when we used to make gifts for either Mom or Daisy. Ah, those were the days.

" I suggest that you rest, Frisk. You too Betty. I'll go and check on Doctor Gaster." I said, teleporting away to the lab. Gaster was standing before a book, probably the history book I gave him.

"Welcome Lukas. Care to join me? I have encountered the Tale of the Twin Siblings again. Might as well read it together." He invited me, and just to help, I've filled his mug with coffee in the meantime.

"I wouldn't miss it. Let's look into it." I suggested, looking at the book. He must have learned more about the language these past few days.

"The two siblings, both powerful wizards responsible for creating the barrier, had agreed on all during their shared ruling of the kingdom. However, their opinions on monsterkind differed." I started reading out loud. It was Gaster's turn then. He took a sip of his coffee, then continued.

"The soul of Determination wanted to destroy the barrier, while Bravery thought it was a good measure to keep the peace." Gaster said, and I looked at him. The bravery reminded both of us of the AMD.

"Confident, Bravery challenged her brother. If he could prove to be more powerful than she, he could destroy the barrier. Bravery's power was greater, but as the battle continued she felt an incredible strength within her sibling. His determination had no limits, leading him to victory." He continued to read.

"Bravery felt humiliated. As a consequence of this she lost her trait, and with it... Her magic... She exiled herself, searching for a trait greater than determination." I read out. Something was off... I felt like I needed to remember something, but I just couldn't.

"And alas... She found it." Gaster finished it. I turned to the next page.

"To change the very essence of your soul... A dangerous and forbidden spell. However, she cared not for the laws of magic." I continued. Wait... How do I know it's name...?

"It's... Bete Noire... That's the name of the spell..." I muttered. I must have read it somewhere.

"She returned to once more challenge her brother. During their final confrontation... It's unreadable... It's power overcame determination." Gaster read it out loud. I remembered something like it was told to me over and over again in the past.

"But... Instead of growing stronger, determination's power lost more and more as the battle progressed, right?" I asked, and Gaster simply nodded.

"She... She came out victorious... But I don't know more." I said, turning back to the book.

"But her soul could never adapt to the sudden change. Knowing her time was running short, she sacrificed her own soul to create the most powerful and destructive being imaginable. A creature who's some purpose is to ensure that humans and monsters would never live in peace." I looked at  Gaster as both of us gasped in horror.

"The pink trait... A Bete Noire... The soul of Fear. " Both of us said at the same time.

"If... If Betty is the one with the only pink soul, it's because of the result of the spell! How could I have been this blind?!" I hit the wall in a fit of rage as Gaster looked at me worried.

"Calm down. If she's with Frisk, then nothing will happen. She didn't reveal herself--" He said, and both of us felt like we were stabbed in the chest. Gaster sweeped his cup off of his desk, making it shatter upon impact. I wanted activate my powers before my surroundings changed. I saw Betty standing next to me and Asriel blowing the wall out to escape. The next second, I was back in my body.

"Gaster... Sans is... Sans...." I tried to say, but my voice faltered. I summoned a Gaster blaster, just to see that the left eye stopped glowing. He... He was really gone...

Please... Someone... End this Nightmare!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

717 17 25
"In this world, its kill or be killed" - Long ago, two races ruled over Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS. One day, war broke out between the two rac...
24.6K 642 31
A young child fell into the Underground once again Back to the bed of flowers, where it all began What will they say? What will they do? "heh...yer...
114 15 10
"I'm bleeding...but it seems as if my fears have vanished as I stare at the male before me. He gazes at me with such intensity and I can't help but f...
14K 96 27
The barrier is broken, monsters and humans are living in peace, everyone is happy except for one person. Frisk has been getting waking nightmares abo...