now or never - charlie gilles...

Par hotsforhood

Lake is a small town girl with big big dreams and a very strict game plan to get there. What happens when the... Plus

cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
chapter forty six
chapter forty seven
chapter forty eight
chapter forty nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
chapter fifty three
chapter fifty four
chapter fifty five
chapter fifty six
chapter fifty seven
chapter fifty eight
chapter fifty nine
chapter sixty
chapter sixty one
chapter sixty two

chapter five

6.3K 151 70
Par hotsforhood

I practically sprinted to Sawyers house after work. I bursted through the door and found Sawyer and Ava playing cards. They both turned and looked at me weird, probably wondering why I was so out of breath. I placed one hand on my hip and the other on my knee bending over trying to catch my breath. "You guys," I said taking a breath. "Will never believe," another breath. "What just happened!" I said running over to the couch and collapsing onto it.

"What?" They both said together, putting their cards down and turning to face.

I lifted my head from over the couch "I saw him again. Charlie. We actually had a conversation. Well honestly he spoke, I listened. Same thing right?" I babbled on, talking really fast because I was extremely nervous.

"Woah! Slow down there girl," Ava said. I looked over at her and caught her peaking at Sawyers cards which made me laugh instantly calming my nerves.

"Yeah just back up and tell us what happened," Sawyer said getting up to get something from the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I asked suddenly remembering I have the entire day off of work for a reason. I had to meet Avas mom for some classes. I also had to find a way home. I hadn't been there in two days. My dad was going to completely freak. I suddenly felt extremely overwhelmed.

"It's almost 2" Sawyer said grabbing a soda from the fridge. She offered me one but I was busy freaking out about everything on my plate.

"Okay I'll fill you in quick before I have to run," I said. I began to tell them about the entire encounter, leaving out nothing. "He kind of... sort of... asked me to show them around tomorrow," I said fiddling with my hands.

Silence. For a couple of seconds neither of them said anything. Which made my stomach start to hurt even more. They probably thought I was in over my head. Or most likely hallucinating from lack of sleep.

And then they both started to scream. And I mean really scream. Like the kind that would probably make me go deaf. I shielded my ears until they calmed down. "Well?" Ava asked.

"What did you say?" Sawyer added.

"I said I was working," I said grabbing a pillow using it as a shield. I couldn't bare to see the look on their faces. When I peaked my eyes at them, they were both glaring at me. "I can't just give my shift away!" I said defensively.

"You could've just gave it to Ava," Sawyer pointed. Hmm, that was actually a really good idea. I don't know I didn't come up with it on the spot. Oh, right. Because I had the dreamiest boy staring into my soul making it hard for blood to flow to my brain. My bad.

"That's not the point, it doesn't matter if I work or not," I said.

"Why not?" They said together.

"Because he asked me to hang out with them after my shift.." I said hiding my face again.

"I swear to god Lake, if you told him you'd be working again..." Ava starting rambling on. I shook my head.

"He ran off before I could reply. He said not to blow him off though."

"Okay here's the game plan," Ava said lifting her shirt sleeves up. "We're gonna go to work. And you're going to have the hottest outfit waiting for you in your bag."

"Yes! And then Ava can cover your night shift and you can go hang out with him," Sawyer added high fiving Ava.

"Okay great, now that you have my life planned out for me. How the hell am I supposed to talk to him?"

"Well If I am correct, as I usually am, and a high power is involved in this, then you won't need to worry. If it's meant to be, the conversation will just come naturally," Ava said closing her eyes, really getting into the moment.

Sawyer leaned over to me. "Is she being serious?" I nodded my head. Sometimes she was such a freak. But she was my freak.

"Okay I have to bounce guys," I said, mentally preparing myself for another sprint. I really had to manage my time better.

"Calm down, I'll give you a ride home," Ava said grabbing her keys before blowing Sawyer a kiss.

After what felt like forever I had finally made it home after my classes. Not only was Avas mom super sweet for helping me out whenever I was free, but she also made the material really easy to understand. I shook my head as I opened my front door, unable to comprehend how I had such great people in my life supporting me.

As soon as I walked in, my dad called my name from the living room. Screw these damned squeaky doors!

"Yes, dad?" I asked peaking my head in from the doorway wanting to run up to my room as fast as I could.

"Where have you been young lady?" My dad said, his voice beginning to get louder. Perfect, another lecture. Just what I needed.

"Work and then Sawyers, work again and then Avas for tutoring," I said starting to turn around and walk off.

"Not so fast. You haven't been home for two days. God knows what you've been doing at the hotel! I knew I shouldn't have agreed to let you work there," he said taking off his glasses and placing them next to his bible on the table in front of him. 

"Dad, it's not a strip club. I clean rooms and wash laundry." I said crossing my arms.

I'd had this conversation with him every time I did the night shift at work. Usually only one maid is on staff for the night shift, but my dad got a hold of Mrs. Roberts and convinced her that an extra set of hands, Avas to be exact, was just what her hotel needed.

I signed knowing that with a little bit of reassurance he would forget about it until next time. I just had to make sure I was able to work tomorrow. It was Charlie's last day. I had to see him at least one more time.

I walked over to my dad and patted him on the shoulder. "You know this is a good learning experience, and the extra cash isn't so bad," I said trying to lighten up the mood. He wasn't budging.

"I think you should just stay home from now on," he said not looking at me. He grabbed his glasses and placed them on his face. Then he grabbed his bible and started walking out of the living room. "I'll call Mrs. Roberts tomorrow. No more working there. Something is fishy and you seem off. I have a bad gut feeling," he said leaving before I could say anything.

I stood there completely shocked. Tears started to form in my eyes. I hated crying. It only made me feel even worse. Suddenly my mom came in and gave me a hug. "Don't worry sweetie," she said rubbing my back. "I'll talk to him for you. He's just been worried about you."

"But I have work tomorrow," I said grabbing a tissue and blowing my nose.

"I know, honey. Just go to work. If he says anything I'll take the blame," my mom said tucking my hair back behind my ear.

I honestly didn't understand how my parents were total polar opposites. I was just glad I had my mom, otherwise I'd probably be trapped in my room like a prison cell.

The next morning I snuck out of the house before my dad woke up. Ava picked me up and we drove to the hotel.

It was a really slow morning. Just another day of cleaning room after room. Me and Ava were given Charlie's floor to clean again today. We were finishing the last room when I caught someone jogging up to our trolley from the corner of my eye. I went bent down trying to grab the new set of towels for the room when I stood straight up, hugging the towels to my chest.

There he was. Charlie Gillespie. Seriously I had to be dreaming. It still didn't feel real. His hair was a bit wet and he was wearing work out clothes. I stopped observing before my mind wandered off to unholy places. The last thing I needed was a repeat of yesterday. Before he reached us Ava whispered in my ear, "you've got this," as she locked up the trolley and pushed it down the hallway towards the elevators. He waved at her as she passed him and she nodded at him.

"Hey you," he said stopping in front of me a bit out of breath.

"Hey," I said nervously. My hands were clutching the towels so tight.

"Are you all done with my room?" He asked pointing at the door that was slightly opened. This was his room? No wonder it smelled so good. I nodded my head.

"Just finished actually." I said stepping aside so he could get inside.

"Cool," he said making his way past me and into his room. Before he closed the door he popped his head out. "Are you almost done with your shift?"

I nodded my head. He grinned. My heart melted.

"Well how about I take these from you," he said walking up towards me, and gently taking the towels from my hands. "And I'll meet you downstairs in 30. I just have to change."

I gulped. Holy shit. He was actually being serious about us hanging out. I really thought he was just being polite and I'd end up crying about how naive I was later at Sawyers.

"You know you really don't-" I started to say before he cut me off.

"No seriously. There's something I wanna show you. I'll meet you in the lobby in 30 minutes," he said walking back into his room. He flashed me another one of his gorgeous smiles and winked at me. "Don't be late."

I stood there, just outside of his room paralyzed. I couldn't move my feet. My head was spinning. Charlie wanted to show me something. Charlie wanted to take me out to show me something.

I pinched myself again and felt nothing. Was this a dream? Suddenly Ava came flying around the corner "HOLY SHIT!" I jumped and screamed, startled a bit. "That was insanely cute. I'm so glad I was eavesdropping," she said and I shot her a glare. She rolled her eyes at me. "Come on! We have to get you ready for you date with lover boy!"

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

207K 3.9K 36
just a bunch of Luke Patterson, Charlie Gillespie, and even Alex or Reggie imagines if wanted! 🥰
136K 3.7K 18
𝖆𝖘 𝖎𝖙 𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖘 𝖔𝖚𝖙, 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊'𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖌𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖙𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖏𝖚𝖑𝖎𝖊'𝖘 𝖌𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊... ☆♬○♩✧♩✧♩○♬☆ 𝔯𝔢𝔤𝔤𝔦𝔢 𝔛 �...
4.5K 165 21
𝙍𝙚𝙜𝙜𝙞𝙚 𝙋𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙓 𝙊𝘾 𝙊𝙣𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩 𝘼𝙡𝙚𝙭'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙟𝙤𝙞𝙣 𝙩...
165K 4.7K 58
𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓.. 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒉, 𝒘𝒆 𝒈𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚, 𝒘𝒂𝒚...