Mᴀɴᴍᴀʀᴢɪʏᴀᴀɴ | #RoadTripSerie...

By kavyamehta12

❝Because greatest part of road trip isn't arriving at your destination. It's all the wild stuff that happened... More

i n t r o d u c t i o n
c h a p t e r - o n e
c h a p t e r - t w o
c h a p t e r - t h r e e
c h a p t e r - f o u r
c h a p t e r - f i v e
c h a p t e r - s i x
c h a p t e r - s e v e n
c h a p t e r - e i g h t
c h a p t e r - n i n e
c h a p t e r - t e n
c h a p t e r - e l e v e n
c h a p t e r - t w e l v e
c h a p t e r - t h i r t e e n
c h a p t e r - f o u r t e e n
c h a p t e r - f i f t e e n
c h a p t e r - s i x t e e n
c h a p t e r - s e v e n t e e n
c h a p t e r - n i n e t e e n
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y o n e
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y t w o
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y t h r e e
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y f o u r
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y f i ve
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y s i x
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y s e v e n
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y e i g h t
c h a p t e r - t w e n t y n i ne
c h a p t e r - t h i r t y
e p i l o g u e
e x t e n d e d e p i l o g u e

c h a p t e r - e i g h t e e n

343 32 45
By kavyamehta12

Day - 13

250km, 8 hours, and the most picturesque route our squad ever witnessed. The Manali to Shimla road trip winds through the mighty Himalayas. So, every bit of this road trip is very scenic and beautiful, with the majestic mountains on one side and the lush green, deep valley on the other side of the road. The quadrat started the trip early in the morning with Chirag and Aayrah surprising other two and waking up too early in the morning. The reason being so they could get to spend more time on the road, yet they will reach Shimla before night so they won't get lost ever again.

This time Aayrah took the steering with Chirag settling on the passenger's seat as Ahana and Shivansh rested on the backseat. The shades were on, the music was loud and with that, Chirag and Aayrah's singing session was in full swing which made Shivansh and Ahana chuckle at their craziness. After driving for some 50km came a bridge across the river which led to the town of Kullu, it looked like a painting done by the almighty himself. They took everything in their memories as well as in cameras and started the further journey.

The highway ran on one side of the bridge, while on the other side, the beautiful small houses all along the opposite bank of the river which presented a scene that looked just out of a fairy tale. The road started running beside the river Beas and then continued hand-in-hand with the river. The turquoise water and gush of the river amidst the trees and the smooth rocks on the river bed produced a scene beautiful enough to inspire any artist. Aayrah looked excited as she looked out through the window through dreamy eyes. The road sure provided the perfect photographic backdrop for snaps, all through the way. What might have stopped Aayrah then? She parked the car along the bank and got out immediately. The rest of the trio shook their heads in disappointments but even they couldn't deny the fact that the road was beautiful and they could get some amazing shots for themselves. Shivansh, Ahana, and Chirag followed Aayrah out who was already standing in the mountain backdrop and was clicking selfies.

Ahana and Chirag smirked looking at each other and went running to ruin Aayrah's perfect click. She frowned and started pushing them away but they didn't leave, instead, they made her click a few goofy selfies. Shivansh captured those crazy moments into his camera and smiled looking at them. Chirag ruffled Aayrah's hair, finally leaving her alone, and got a hit in return. Shivansh joined them soon once he was done capturing the surrounding in his camera. The selfie session started again with Shivansh in the picture this time as that squad gave their happiest smiles clinging onto each other and laughing their asses out. The people passing through the road might have even made a perception about them being the maddest but who was going to stop them? 

"Let me click a few pictures with my best friend who I am going to miss a lot after these 5 days," Aayrah said making a pout and looking at Shivansh. Shivansh chuckled and shook his head. He knew he will be missing her a lot too and wished for a few more days but just in the morning he got an earful from his manager for extending his vacation holidays by another week and he can't afford to stay out or take leaves throughout the whole year now.

Chirag and Ahana gave them a teasing look while exchanging known smiles.

"He is all yours and I will happily let him shift to Mumbai," Chirag said pushing Shivansh in Aayrah's direction. Her eyes widened dramatically as she looked at Shivansh.

"I don't mind. In fact, that will be so cool, Ansh," she said clapping her hands excitedly. Shivansh rolled his eyes.

"I am good in Pune," he said with a nod. The fast lifestyle of Mumbai has always freaked him out. The people hanging out from the doors of the train and the traffic where you won't be able to move for hours made him feel sick. Besides, Pune has always been the IT hub with major companies residing there, he never felt the need to shift out.

"Fine, I will shift then," Aayrah said. Shivansh chuckled hearing her.

"Pune will not suit your wild soul. You are better off being in Mumbai. That life suits you better," he said and ruffled her hairs much to her annoyance. She threw a glare at him and he just shrugged it off. Shivansh was surely getting close to her more than he ever thought.

"That's true too. Besides..." Aayrah said agreeing with him and let out a sigh. She shifted her playful gaze at Chirag who was giving some goofy poses while Ahana clicked his pictures. A smirk formed on Aayrah's face as she spoke further, "I can't be arrogant." Chirag stopped and looked at her with annoying expressions. Shivansh shook his head in disappointment while Ahana and Aayrah contained their laugher.

"Who says we are arrogant? Shiv..." Chirag said getting offended. Aayrah started laughing loudly and so did Ahana. Shivansh just looked at them hopelessly as Chirag spoke again, "She is insulting us." Shivansh rubbed his temples and looked at Chirag.

"Relax, bro," he said keeping his hand on Chirag's shoulder.

"No," Chirag said crooking his eyebrows as Aayrah and Ahana started laughing again. Shivansh smiled looking at his friend who had a frown on his face.

The seats got exchanged for the rest of the journey with Aarayh shifting on the passager's seat while Shivansh taking the hold of steering. Aayrah tied her strands into a high bun and watched the road as it passed by her side. The river beas ended with the arrival of Sandarnagar and it stated there is still some 145km till they reach Shimla. People were already exhausted and wanted to be in Shimla but sadly there was still a lot of distance to cover, So instead, they thought of taking a halt for some time at one Dhaba on the way and fill their souls with some delicious north Indian food. The whole route was dotted with eateries. There are not many fancy restaurants, but these small roadside dhabas are good to the taste the authentic North Indian food. They selected one Dhaba and had hot chapatis and delicious Indian curries while sitting along the bank of the river. It felt divine to be there. There was warmth in the air which felt better in this otherwise cold weather. Just two more days in North until they start their journey back to the West. It sure felt like yesterday that they started this trip and they couldn't believe it was ending already. 

But Chirag being Chirag was positive as he cheered up the three sad souls and he even succeeded in making them laugh. 

"So, Aayrah Mehta, what will you be doing once you get back to aamchi Mumbai?" Chirag asked putting a water bottle in front of Aayrah and acting as a reporter. Aayrah chuckled and moved a few strands of her hair back. She gave a thoughtful look before speaking again.

"I think I will get admitted for MFA course at some good university and side by side start working on one online magazine. I will start on some free platform and if it gets success then will convert it to payable one," she said with happiness clearly visible on her face. Chirag gave her an impressive smile. Ahana and Shivansh smiled being happy for her.

"That's quite a plan," Chirag said. Aayrah moved her gaze to Shivansh who gave his most genuine smile to her as he gestured with his eyes making her feel better about her plan. She had no doubt now. She didn't understand what was the pull she was feeling towards Shivansh and the same went for him. 

"I am happy for you, Aaru. See, I told you that mountains will make you think clearly," Ahana said through her beautiful smile. Aayrah nodded with a smile.

"They sure did, Di," she said genuinely, feeling blessed to be surrounded by amazing nature. She moved her gaze around satisfyingly and looked at Ahana again, "What about you?"

"Me?" Ahana asked raising her eyebrows. Aayrah nodded.

"I know you are not happy being in that company," Aayrah said. She has known the art of reading her sister and knew Ahana wasn't happy with something but she never before questioned her about the same. No, she had some idea about what might be the reason but Aayrah wasn't still sure. She is just throwing the stone in still water.

"I am thinking of switching for something better," Ahana said with a nod. It wasn't like she didn't like the company or her job but she never actually tried to get something better. She now feared that she has become too comfortable in the same environment and she wanted to get out from there. Besides she was now thinking of rebelling as she was tired of being the perfect figure that she was. Ahana sighed before speaking again, "Along with that..."

"I want to try and live somewhere else now. On my own," she said and carefully looked at Aayrah who widened her eyes with surprise. That might be the last thing Aayrah thought to hear from her mouth. Ahana never left her comfort before. Even in Pune, they had their Mavshi, mother's sister, living there so it was the same as their own home.

"Really?" Aayrah said getting excited. Ahana chuckled looking at her while Aayrah spoke ahead, "You should try that. I enjoyed being in Bangalore. I did a part-time job in a famous cafe as well." She said remembering those good old days. The only thing that bothered her about those memories was the presence of Dhruv.

"Why did you come back?" Chirag asked. "Huh?" Aayrah gave him a blank look.

"Just..." she said hiding the real reason, "I missed Aai, Baba." She blurted it out with a shrug. Ahana eyed her sister knowing she was lying. The real reason was her useless ex-boyfriend, else Aayrah would have settled in Bangalore considering how much she loved that city and being there on her own.

"Homesick?" Chirag asked again while Shivansh just knew she hid something but he didn't question.

"Maybe," Aayrah said with a nod and giving an awkward smile to him, "Anyway what about you both?" she asked changing the topic. She looked at Shivansh who unknowingly was staring at her till now. The question took him off-guard as he adjusted his posture.

"I will try to go on more such vacations and I will try to be a little..." he said and stopped feeling reluctant. He looked at Aayrah who assured him to speak further, "I mean I will try to not always be in the office... working." he finished and Aayrah had the biggest smile lurking on her face. Shivansh smiled back at her silently.

"I am happiest to hear that, bro," Chirag said putting his hand over Shivansh's shoulder. He looked at Aayrah and Ahana who gave him a questioning look asking him for his plans. He smirked and adjusted in his seat before speaking again, "I will... I won't change my ways because..."

"Common people, I am way too perfect," he said dramatically smirking and getting a look from all of the three people.

"What?" he asked with a shrug.

"Shut up, dude. Just don't talk," Shivansh said being annoyed.

"But..." Chirag was saying something but Aayrah cut him off.

"He is right. Just stay shut," Aayrah said giving an irritated look to Chirag. 

"Arey..." he was again saying something but this time Ahana cut him off.

"Don't talk, Chirag. Just don't," Ahana said making a disgusted face. Chirag let out a sad chuckle.

"Jealous people. That's how perfection like me suffer," he said getting an eye-roll from the rest of the three people as they started getting up from their seats.

"Where are you guys going?" Chirag asked only to get their silence as a reply. They got out and started walking in any direction.

"Wait for me," Chirag said getting up with his jacket and ran after them.

The rest of the journey was covered lazily as they kept adorning the mountains, trees, blue sky, and just nature, in short. After traveling for some more time they reached the Beri junction where the roads from Chandigarh, Delhi, and Kalka meet with the roaring mountains. They took another stop here to have some evening tea along with biscuits. 

"You both will be traveling back by Chandigarh right?" Chirag asked looking at Ahana and Aayrah. Ahana nodded while sipping her tea.

"Yes, we will be taking a halt in Chandigarh before going to Mumbai," she said. Chirag nodded and looked at Shivansh.

"Okay, I will book a flight from Chandigarh then," he said. Shivansh gave him an unbelievable look.

"Hold on," he said standing straight as he spoke again, "You haven't booked a flight yet?" Chirag shrugged.

"I didn't know how many days it will take as we are just going to roam around and I didn't want to adjust anything because we had a flight," he said and started typing into his mobile.

"I will book it now, bro," he said without looking at Shivansh who sighed.

"Don't..." Ahana said. Leaving them just like that didn't feel good. Those two boys have been with them since the start of their trip and they will go back together as well, that's what she thought. Besides, getting to spend even a day more with them felt like a better idea.

"We will drop you to Pune before moving to Mumbai," Ahana said. Shivansh and Chirag shook their heads.

"That's not needed, really," Shivansh said, "It will take you even more time to reach Mumbai."

"Relax, Egghead. Pune is just some 3-4 hours away from Mumbai and I love driving on that Mumbai-Pune highway, so I don't mind traveling just a few hours more," Aayrah said with a smile. Shivansh shook his head and chuckled hearing her. She sure knew how to convince someone.

"You guys will be coming with us and we will be going via Amritsar," Aayrah said again getting a look from rest three. They raised their eyebrows in her direction.

"What? Why?" Chirag asked for the other two as well.

"Because I wanted to see Golden Temple but no one let me," Aayrah said with a shrug and eyed Ahana. She sighed.

"Because we were already late and then how would have we met these two. You might have ended up getting bored with just me," she said defending herself. Shivansh chuckled hearing her while Chirag shook his head with an unpleasant glare. Aayrah rolled her eyes.

"That's true though," Aayrah said and chuckled sheepishly. 

"Alright, I need to see Wagha and Jalianwala as well," Shivansh said telling his plans. Ahana and Chirag raised their eyes up seeing excited Aayrah and smiling Shivansh.

"Ohh me too, Egghead," Aayarh said and moved her hand into the air, "Gimme a high five." Shivansh let out a laugh and clapped her hand.

"You two," Ahana said shaking her head with a smile.

"Done then, Shimla to Chandigarh then Amritsar then directly Pune from where you both will leave to Mumbai," Chirag said rubbing his hands together.

"Hmm..." Ahana said getting sad all over again with the thought of going back.

"Cheer up people, you guys just get sad," Chirag said putting his hand over Ahana's shoulder and looking at her, "Aayrah said that we are just 3-4 hours apart."

"Who is getting sad that they won't get to see you?" Ahana asked raising her eyebrows. Aayrah and Shivansh contained their smiles. Chirag gave her a confused look as she moved her gaze around.

"We are sad to leave the mountains," she said as Shivansh and Aayrah started laughing loudly along with Ahana. Chirag frowned looking at them.

"You guys are such jerks," he said and started walking towards their car.

Another 80km distance was traversed amongst the singing and chatting and also clicking some snaps, and it was already getting darker when they reached Shimla which is the capital of Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the most popular hill stations in India which is swathed by cedar, rhododendron, fir, and Himalayan oak trees. The weather outside was colder than they imagined. Aayrah let her hair loose as she pulled a shawl from her backpack and wrapped it up. Ahana drove through the rush on the road carefully as they looked out from the windows with smiling faces. The train passed through the side giving the movie feels. Aayrah looked at Shivansh beside her dramatically and acting as if they were in a cheesy romantic Bollywood movie. Shivansh looked at her hopelessly as he shook his head containing his smile.

The hotel they chose was grand as Ahana liked the balcony view from the above hill from where the whole town was visible. It sure looked beautiful standing up there and staring down at that view of the town with mountains as background. Ahana had the widest smile to see the magnificent view at the front. Her hair moved dramatically as she walked to get a better view. She saw this on one of the sites while doing the booking and was instantly attracted. So she booked it regardless of the high pricing. Aayrah followed her close and stood beside her.

"This has to be the best scenic hotel you booked, Di," Aayrah said being happy with the stay. Ahana looked at her with a smile, feeling content, and then moved her gaze back at the view. 

The squad then moved inside the hotel as they were exhausted and thought of resting for sometime before they meet again for the dinner. 

Ahana was moving the baggage as Aayrah got seated on the bed throwing herself. Ahana gave her a glare but she wasn't bothered. Aayrah moved to the side and eyed Ahana before speaking.

"You really are going to move out?" Aayrah asked getting sad by that thought even though she was happy for Ahana. Ahana chuckled.

"I just said that... but I am not sure if I will be able to leave Aai, Baba alone," Ahana said with a smile and closed the door. 

"I am there with them," Aayrah said getting up and looking at Ahana who just smiled at her.

"You enjoy your life. No need for getting responsible all of sudden," she said and moved in the room taking out her jacket. She looked at Ayrah again, "I will handle the rest."

"You know I never said this before, Di but I truly love you," Aayrah said making a touched face. She wiped the invisible tears from her face as she spoke again but this time being truly genuine, "I know the burden of being perfect and so never tried but you have handled the responsibilities quite well and I don't think I would ever be able to fill in your shoes." She smiled at Ahana.

"I love you too, Aaru. And no, you will be fine as well. You know we all love you, right? Regardless of what Mama, Mami, Kaka or anyone else has to say, just do what you want. I will handle everything else," Ahana said. Aayrah made a face making Ahana chuckle.

"Don't be too sweet. I will get diabetes," Aayrah said giving her a look. Ahana laughed and threw the pillow at Aayrah which she dodged.

"Now stop the drama and get ready for dinner," Ahana said. Aayrah groaned and let herself fall on the bed again.

"No ways, Di. Don't make me change my mind about you. I will take a quick nap. You get ready," Aayrah said pulling the sheets above her head.

"Fine," Ahana said shaking her head and made her way towards the bathroom.

💫💫💫💫

Aayrah walked towards Shivansh who was busy over his phone and stood beside him resting against the railing of the big terrace. He gazed at her and threw a questioning look. She just shook her head slightly and stayed there looking down at the town of Shimla as it glittered in the night with lights coming out of places. The train was passing by making a noise as the mountains stood behind who were sleeping covering themselves with fog. Aayrah smiled looking at the beautiful view at the front and took a deep breath as she rubbed her arms slightly. It was late in the night and the temperature was falling noticeably.

"Ho, Aai," She heard Shivansh say and smiled looking at him.

"Understood. Don't worry," he said and looked at Aayrah who smiled again. He sighed and spoke again, "I will be there by Sunday."

He waited for some time as he rubbed his temples again and smiled slightly hearing into his mobile.

"Yes, this Sunday," he said. Aayrah was just staring at him. There was some undeniable attraction she felt about him but she couldn't figure out what it was. It might be his sweet words or sweet nature or his good looks or matured behaviour or the way he smiled looking at her or how understanding he was towards her but there was something that was pulling her towards him.

She never thought a nerd or let's say, a boy who was drastically different from her would do this but she didn't complain.

"Take your medicine and sleep now. It's getting late," Shivansh said in a caring tone and making Aayrah smile again.

"Yes, bye," he said and cut the call. He put the mobile into his pocket and looked at her.

She just stared at him with the same smile making him question her again. Aayrah shook her head slightly.

"There is something so attractive about you, Egghead and I am trying to figure out what is it that is pulling me towards you," she said. Shivansh gave her a confusing look and raised his eyebrows not understanding what was she talking about.

"What?" He asked being unsure. Aayrah chuckled as he let out a sigh. He tried calming his heart down a little which started to beat rapidly by hearing her words.

"Nothing. Was it Aai?" Aayrah asked shaking her head. He nodded.

"Yes, she just cares extra," he said chuckling. Aayrah smiled and moved her strands away from her face.

"All Aais are the same. Mine is no different," she said and looked ahead. Shivansh sighed and kept looking at her for sometime before speaking again.

"Wanted to speak about something?" He asked reading her mood. She wasn't in her everyday teasing mood but sounded serious this time.

"I don't know. I saw you here and just wanted to talk. Who knows if you would want to see me again once we go back," she said and let out a chuckle. Shivansh frowned hearing her words.

"And why is that?" He asked shifting in his position to face her. He kept his one hand above the railing and the other one tucked into his pocket. He gave her a concerned look when she refused to look at him.

"I don't fit in your standards," she said and her voice seemed to he distant. Shivansh felt some pain surpassing within him looking at her like that.

"I don't have such a thing," he said still looking at her. She smiled a little but her stare was still locked at the front as she looked down at the town.

"How was she?" She asked after a few moments of silence. Shivansh sighed. He hated to see Aayrah like this and he hated even more to talk about Aditi.

"Aditi?" He asked not interested but went with it for Aayrah's sake.

"She was outgoing. Not very much but up to a certain limit," he said ending the topic on a short note. Aayrah nodded her head but didn't say anything. Shivansh tried to remember what might have triggered her but all he could think was of their conversation which happened during lunch when she looked uncomfortable while talking about Bangalore suddenly.

"Was Dhruv the reason?" He asked. Aayrah looked at him and he felt something in him broken by seeing that sad look on her face.

"For me shifting back to Mumbai?" She asked. He nodded.

"Hmm..."

"Yes. I just couldn't stand him. We had the same circle of friends and whenever I saw him..." She said and stopped. She gritted her teeth with the thought of Dhruv. She never talked about this before but she wanted to today. She wanted to empty everything and Shivansh felt comforting enough for her to show the vulnerable side to him.

"I just wanted to slap him for saying those things," she said clenching her fist. Shivansh kept his gaze on her.

"The things about how he hated me going for parties, the things about how he didn't like my outgoing nature. He said it irritated him when I didn't..." She said and finally broke at once. The tears started flowing through her eyes. Shivansh clenched his fist unable to think about what he should do.

"Aayrah," he said and moved to her side a little. She was closer than ever today but he still did maintain the small distance. Aayrah wiped her face and shook her head slightly.

"I am sorry. It's just. I have never said these things before and it was eating me up, Ansh," she said and looked up at Shivansh with tearful eyes. He sighed and gave her an assuring smile.

"It's okay. You can talk to me," he said, "Not just today but whenever you will feel like. I promise to be there." Aayrah smiled feeling relieved by those words. They were comforting and she knew Shivansh will keep his promise if not anyone else.

"Will you stay?" She asked with raised eyebrows and waiting for his answer. He smiled.

"I will. Always," he said making a promise. She smiled again wiping remaining tears from her eyes and face. She sniffed before speaking again.

"It's been over 2-3 years and I have moved on but those things stayed with me," she said with slight annoyance, "I wanted to let them go."

"So yes I want to close that chapter for once and all," she said and smiled making Shivansh smile along. She sighed and moved her gaze to the front.

"He got irritated when I made some stupid jokes in front of his friends or acted like how I have been acting with you,"  she said and chuckled sadly as he looked back at Shivansh.

"I know, Ansh that I irritate you a lot but I just do it for fun. I never..." She said and stopped to contain herself. It was too much and she felt the same pain inside her again. She wasn't the person to cry. She never did and always put on the mask which represented her like a bitch. She was scared that if she shows her vulnerable side then someone might break her. But Shivansh felt safer.

"I know and don't worry, I don't have any problem with your innocent teasing," Shivansh said with a smile. Aayrah smiled lightly at him.

"You know that you are too sweet, right?" She asked. Shivansh chuckled.

"Just stay the same, Aayrah. Keep that child in you always alive no matter what anyone says," he said making her feel better.

"He was a jerk and he doesn't know what he lost," he said again. Aayrah smiled.

"Same goes for that bitch," she said. Shivansh chuckled again as he shook his head a little.

"She doesn't matter. I feel better now," he said.

"I am happy to see the change," Aayrah said giving her a genuine smile to him which made him feel better.

"I am going to miss you. Make sure to meet me when you come to Mumbai," Aayrah said. Shivansh smiled widely and nodded.

"I will and the same goes for you," he said. Aayrah chuckled.

"Done!" She said and smiled along with Shivansh as they moved their gazes at the front and stayed with each other in silence. The night was getting colder and the light was getting dimmer but they didn't care as they had the comforting presence of each other.

-------------------------------------------

So yuss that's all for now. Shimla is the last destination until they start their journey backward.

Let me know what you feel about this one. About friendship, about Aaru, about Ansh.

Vote if you liked it.⭐

I will be back with another chapter.

Till then, tata. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 558 27
what will happen when a doctor met a singer? Welcome to all the readers who is going to read this book....come and fall in love with the singer-docto...
9.2K 468 10
'Can I go, where you go?'
558 41 5
When the sea of life gets hit by a tornado, we search for an escape from the harsh reality. Aadhira did the same when her boyfriend left her for his...
13.7K 557 21
[COMPLETED] { Cover by @creations_tr } Their love bloomed, just like how a lotus blooms, in mud. All because of, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈. ❝ Afterall...