Loners | Shin Tsukimi x reade...

By Icyyhot

Another loner is in the killing game. She seems quiet and shy at first but that quickly changes. Is she just... More

Ch.1 Introduction
Ch.2 Exploration
Ch. 3 Sue Miley
Ch. 5 First main game : Preliminary
Ch.6 First main game: Final vote
Ch. 7 Rio and Safalin
Ch. 8 Impression room
Ch.9 Laptop
Ch. 10 Escape
Ch. 11 Main game 2
Ch. 12 Final vote
Ch. 13 Sou Or Kanna
Ch.14 The real Sou Hiyori
Ch. 15 Obstructor fights
Ch.16 Tag
Special
Ch.17 The coffin
Ch.18 ID card
Ch.19 Memories
Ch.20 Locker rooms
Ch.21 Banquet
Ch.22 Joemama69(;
Next chapter

Ch. 4 Gonbee

4.9K 170 1.1K
By Icyyhot

~Y/n pov~

I sat on a barstool, a few others were in the room.

Gin was on the stool beside me, so I decided to strike up a conversation.

"Hey Gin." I smiled.

"Hey big sis Y/n, Woof. How are you?" Gin beamed.

I chuckled, "Other than being in this place, I'd say I'm fine."

Reaching my hand out, I gently rubbed Gin's head.

He leaned into my touch, purring like a cat.

"Ah. Sorry, meow." His cheeks were flushed.

I simply laughed.

It was silent, but it wasn't awkward.

Then, I noticed something glowing , it was some sort of card.

Picking it up, it had the word commoner on it in big text. What does this mean?

No one noticed I had picked it up, so I just shoved it in my pocket and I'd figure out what to do with it later.

~*~

Sara came into the room, dragging a tied up stranger.

It seemed like she hadn't found Nao.

"...Erm. Who is the person tied up there...?" Kai asked curiously.

"Hmph, such an annoying bunch..." The man in question complained.

"Hey, ya woke up." Keiji commented.

The man glared at us, "Remove these ropes. So long as you don't want me to crush you..."

"This guy's... a little riotous. That's troublesome..." Joe chuckled nervously.

"Everyone, we should focus on Nao..." Sara ignored the man she held captive.

"Hm...? You... Eee... EYAAAAAAAAGH!! Why is SHE walking around freely?! Hurry, hurry! Somebody capture her!!" The man is stripes growled.

Sou jumped in, "C...Calm down! Could you start at the beginning?"

"And could you drop that weird tone of yours?" Reko complained.

"If you tell us about yourself and why you are here, we might consider untying you. We know nothing about you or your intentions. It's obvious we can't trust you." I stared him down, waiting for his response.

"Just so it's clear, you and me are equals. Don't think I'll obediently listen to you." He grumbled.

"Just answer our questions and we'll untie you." I sighed.

He opened his mouth about to complain, but when I shot him a glare he stopped immediately.

The others in the room seemed surprised by this side they were seeing of me.

They probably see me as some shy, loner.

Sou and Sara were not shocked as they had seen this distrusting side of me before.

I can be demanding and get my way when it is necessary.

"First, what's your name?" I demanded.

He grumbled under his breath before ultimately deciding to reply, "Go...Gonbee Yamada...just call me Gonbee. And yours?"

"Y/n l/n." I replied shortly.

Q-taro commented on the mans name, " 'Swone old-fashioned name."

"As if yours isn't Cubetaro Hamburger?!"

"Tha's Q-taro Burgerburg to you!!"

Sara decided to start questioning him, "What's your occupation?"

"Why would I answer you!?" Gonbee growled.

I shot him a glare.

"Fine fine!" He grumbled, "I'm a salary man."

"If you're gonna lie at least make it believable." I scoffed, "You may be able to fool others with your lies but not me."

"Urk...!!" Gonbee spluttered.

I pointed at his clothes, "That's a prison uniform. Am I wrong?"

My question was met with silence, which confirmed my suspicions.

"So, why were you hiding?" Sara asked.

"I finished my first trial and I was confused and I saw all of you. I hid." He sighed.

He didn't really know anything so we decided to untie him.

"Now then, should we go search for Nao all together?" Keiji asked.

"Y... Yeah, that's it! Let's split up and search!!" Reko was quick to agree.

"S-Sorry... I'm still not feeling great. Is it okay if I rest...?" Sou cut in.

"Aw hell... Gin, Kanna, you guys rest here too." It was apparent Reko had a soft spot for the two.

"O-Okay..." Kanna agreed.

Reko looked a bit on edge.

"Hey, you ok?" I asked.

"Ah!" She jumped not expecting me to suddenly talk to her, "Well actually, I don't know how I feel leaving Sou with them. I don't really trust him."

"Hmm is that so.." I commented.

"You really surprised me taking the lead like that. I don't know how you managed to intimidate him though. If someone else tried I'm sure we'd have been here longer." She grinned at me, "Maybe could you stay behind and look after Gin and Kanna. Gin seems to have taken a liking to you..."

"If it makes you feel better." I smiled.

She flashed me a grin before walking away.

"Guess we'll hold down the fort here, Gin...?" Sou smiled.

"I... I don't wanna, meow...!" Gin complained.

Gin pushed Sou away and approached me.

"Ah...I told Reko I'd stay here but maybe you can tag along with someone else?" I patted his head.

Gin nodded, "You already knew what I was going to say, meow."

He walked up to Sara, "Big sis Sara... I want you to take me, woof..."

"Got it. We'll look for Nao together." Sara walked off.

"Thanks... meow." Gin followed after her.

One after one, everyone left, leaving me, Sou and Kanna.

~*~

"Why did Gonbee answer to you so easily?" Sou tilted his head curiously.

I hummed in thought, "I'm quiet most of the time and basically never yell. It's more intimidating not to yell. So I guess when I'm demanding, they don't expect it and don't know much about me so they don't know what I'm capable of."

Sou chuckled.

I looked over and saw Kanna dozing off in the corner.

Approaching her, I gently nudged her, "You ok?"

She nodded softly, stifling a yawn.

"If you're tired go to sleep, me and Sou will make sure nothing happens."

Wordlessly, she shuffled and then laid her head in my lap to sleep.

I tensed slightly, not expecting this turn of events but not making her move.

My body relaxed, as I ran my finger through her hair, lulling her to sleep.

Sou came over and sat next to me on the floor, he was so close our shoulders were touching.

"How's college?" Sou asked awkwardly.

"Socially it's the same as school." I smiled sadly, "The difference is I'm learning different things to what I learned in school....job hopping? Seems hard."

"Ah, yeah. It would be nice to find a good paying job I enjoyed." He smiled, there was a distant look in his eyes.

"Are you ok? You've been strong this whole time. It's ok to be weak every now and then you know." I gave him a knowing look, seeing right past his facade.

Others may not see it, but I could. He was afraid, so afraid and after what we witnessed I'm not surprised, but that seems like it's not the only reason.

Sou tried to open his mouth and reject what I said, but I saw the tears pooling in his eyes.

I wrapped my arm around his waist, pulling him into my side, "Now it's my turn to comfort you."

His head rested on my shoulder, tears stained my neck and the sounds of his soft sobs echoed through the room.

My hand moved from Kanna's hair and started gliding through Sou's. His hair was tickling my cheek and neck.

After a few minutes, Sou wrapped his arms around me, finding comfort in my touch.

Kanna was sleeping peacefully, soft snores escaping her body.

She may not know it, but she's become important to me in the short time I've known her, aswell as Gin and Sou.

I don't quite remember what happened after that, but I must've fell asleep at some point.

~*~

~Sou pov~

I woke up to see myself still hugging Y/n, she was sound asleep and had snuggled into my side, my head no longer in her shoulder but on top of hers.

A faint smile graced my lips, my eyes softened staring at her. It was then I realised, she was beautiful and I wanted to protect her.

Kanna started shuffling, it made me jump as I had almost forgot she was there.

I untangled myself from Y/n and laid her gently against the wall.

Kanna shuffled for a few more seconds before sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

I didn't approach her or say anything, instead I sat on the chair, observing her actions.

I'm not sure if she even noticed I was here, she stayed with Y/n for a few more minutes before standing up and approaching an object.

I recognised it to be one of those cards.

This was risky and something I probably shouldn't be doing but I have to. I want to survive, even if it means losing trust.

That in mind, I approached Kanna.

~*~

_____________________________________
1514 words

A/n this is kinda shot compared to the other chapters, I'm trying to aim for my chapters to be from 1500-2500 words so they are all roughly the same length, though I have got a feeling the chapters about the main game will be significantly longer, but we'll find out soon I guess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

575 55 10
Y/N L/N is the ultimate hider (her talent will be explained later). She is unfortunately forced to participate in a killing game. But what if after...
12.2K 235 14
TW: Violence, Self harm, Blood, Gore, Strong Language, ----------------------------------------- Giyuu lives an empty and boring life, filled with wo...
134K 3.9K 24
Misa Otasaka is a mystery, both blind and mute. She has killer reflexes, has a sharp intellect and to top it off her sense of hearing is off the char...
110K 2.7K 26
Scared, alone with no one to help her, Y/n goes about her life trapped in this killing game. But who says that isn't the correct choice? Who says wha...