Ch. 13 Sou Or Kanna

~Y/n pov~

"Gashu had something to gain from tampering with the trade...!" I stated.

"Perhaps he sent the Sacrifice toward someone who he wanted to kill..." Alice suggested.

"Is there an answer in the clues we have left...?!" Kanna asked

Keiji was deep in thought, "There's a fundamental issue... Maybe the Sacrifice wasn't actually sent to anybody?"

"Perhaps he sent the Sacrifice toward someone who he wanted to kill..." Alice trailed off.

"The question is who...someone he has a grudge on?" I asked.

"By formulating an escape plan...he trampled on his honor as a Floor Master!" Alice said vaguely.

"You're talking about...!" Sara was cut off by Alice.

"SOU HIYORIIIIIIIIII!!"

"Gashu meddled to kill Sou Hiyori, the leader of the escape plot. A perfect resolutiooooon!! Be grateful, Sara Chidouin!!"

~*~

"The only clue that hasn't been used yet... is this roster." Sara held it up.

Kanna tilted her head, "It looks kind of familiar..."

"That's just like the torn-up paper I found on the first floor, meow!!"

"Why...?! Why do you have that?!" Gashu looked panicked.

"Oh?" I smirked, "So you didn't intend for us to find that? Just what are you hiding?"

"Oof...!! Miley?! Curse her!! Handing internal documents to participants...?!" Gashu grumbled.

"Gashu! Just what is this roster?!" Sara demanded an answer.

"Hahaha... What indeed..." He laughed.

"Gashu just made a slip of the tongue. ...You freaked him out." Keiji smirked.

Gashu's face went blank, "Whatever could you mean..."

"Your son was a whole lot better at playing dumb, huh?" Keiji insulted.

"There are four bound sheets... And four names on each sheet!" Kanna exclaimed.

"'Sides our names, there's a buncha names I've never even heard...!" Q-taro commented.

A look of confusion filled Nao's face, "Huh...? This roster doesn't seem to be sorted by name."

"Hold on a sec... There are participants whose names aren't on this, huh?" Shin pointed out.

"A roster...? It's reminding me of something, meow..."

"If you want to look closer at the roster, tell Mr. Policeman and we'll look at it together."

" Kurumada... Hayasaka... Kinashi... Tsurugi... And tons of other peeps I dunno!! Were these people who died in the First Trial before they could meet us?!"
Q-taro's input was helpful for once.

"That might be it..."

Shin nervously adjusted his hat, "Hold on a sec... There are participants whose names aren't on this, huh? Counting them now... There are four of us participants whose names aren't listed here."

~*~

"Roster... roster..." Gin muttered to himself, "Ahh!! I remembered it, meow!! The bar on the first floor, woof! There was a list of names on the blackboard, meow!!"

"Now that you mention it, that was a roster too... But I couldn't possibly recall everyone's name..." Sara sighed.

"I memorized it, meow!!" Gin beamed.