Loners | Shin Tsukimi x reade...

By Icyyhot

Another loner is in the killing game. She seems quiet and shy at first but that quickly changes. Is she just... More

Ch.2 Exploration
Ch. 3 Sue Miley
Ch. 4 Gonbee
Ch. 5 First main game : Preliminary
Ch.6 First main game: Final vote
Ch. 7 Rio and Safalin
Ch. 8 Impression room
Ch.9 Laptop
Ch. 10 Escape
Ch. 11 Main game 2
Ch. 12 Final vote
Ch. 13 Sou Or Kanna
Ch.14 The real Sou Hiyori
Ch. 15 Obstructor fights
Ch.16 Tag
Special
Ch.17 The coffin
Ch.18 ID card
Ch.19 Memories
Ch.20 Locker rooms
Ch.21 Banquet
Ch.22 Joemama69(;
Next chapter

Ch.1 Introduction

11.3K 220 3K
By Icyyhot

~Y/n pov~

One minute I was walking home from college and the next, darkness.

I awoke in an empty room, my body wouldn't move.

Was I that weak? No, I felt the metal of handcuffs cut into my wrists.

"Hello Y/n L/n. Welcome to your first trial." A voice rang out from the speakers.

"You will slowly descend into that tank of water, and the only way to get out is to swim to the bottom and grab the keys. Only one of them unlocks your chains. You have one minute, good luck."

The message ended and it happened exactly as it said.

I couldn't breathe as I was submerged, so I need to get the key on one of my first tries or I'd run out of breath.

My hands fumbled with key after key, but not one of them worked.

I was down to the last few, but I wouldn't have time to try them all, I only had ten seconds left.

Click.

The next key I tried worked, I was so close to the end, regardless, I made it.

As soon as I escaped the room, my feet left the ground and I fainted mid-fall.

~*~

"Hey. Are you okay?"

Something soft was beneath me, I opened my eyes and came face to face with a man who had teal blue hair and was wearing a scarf.

"I think so." I responded.

He jumped back, realising how close he was.

I observed my surroundings, there was a group if people nearby and I had landed on a pile of pillows.

That's kind of convenient.

There was another girl, she was also passed out on the pillows and had ginger hair.

A blonde haired man approached her and awoke her.

Slowly, I rose to my feet, dusting off my clothes.

I joined the circle of people, they all seemed to be just as confused as I was.

The ginger haired girl cupped her hands to her mouth, "Joe!"

"Who are you?" The person in question answered.

A silence followed before Joe spoke again.

"Could you be the Sara who is a terrible swimmer?" Joe teased.

The girl blushed in embarrassment, "J-Joe! Now's not the time for jokes!"

He grinned, "My bad."

"Joe and Sara, huh?" The blonde man asked, "You two are friends ?"

I ignored their meaningless conversation and observed the people here.

There were twelve of us.

Everyone had a metal collar, I reached my hand to my own neck, feeling the coldness of metal hit my skin.

So I was wearing one too? It's probably too dangerous to try and take it off forcefully.

"Everybody listen up."

Everyone's attention focused on the blonde haired man.

"We're probably all thinking the same thing. 'What is this place?' And 'Why were we brought here?' And all you know is who you are." The blonde man had a point, "Why don't we give introductions? That should help ease the suspicion."

"That would be the smart thing to do." I muttered, not sure if anyone actually heard me.

"We should all get to know each other a little more." The blonde haired man stated.

"Myeow, so?" There was a kid with a cat hood and paws, "Mum tells me not to give personal information to strange guys I don't know."

"A level-headed child who does as his parents teach him!" A man wearing a suit exclaimed.

"Hey, you can keep it simple. Name and occupation... Just take turns sayin' em." The blonde man started talking again.

No one said anything so he continued.

"The wary ones can be for later. Raise your hand if you don't mind blabbin'."

The man in the suit was the first to introduce himself, "Hello, I am Kazumi Mishima. I teach at a certain high school... Mwahaha..."

"Ehh...? You're a school teacher, woof? The world's going to the dogs, meow." The strange boy insulted Mishima.

"...Name's Reko Yabusame. I'm a singer-songwriter." The introductions continued.

"Oh! I think I've seen you in magazines! You're THE Reko Yabusame?!" Joe exclaimed.

Reko frowned, "...Dude. Is this the time?"

Joe looked disheartened, "Sorry..."

"...I am Kai Satou. I'm a rather unremarkable homemaker." Something about him was unsettling.

"What's with the stuff behind you...?" The teal haired man from earlier asked.

"It's a frying pan... and a ladle... and a spatula." Kai answered directly.

I don't think that's what he was asking.

"I... I didn't mean like that..." He pulled his hat down and turned away.

The giant introduced himself next, "Q-taro Burgerburg! I'm a baseball player! Second-string, though!"

He's got a weird name...

"Hwoooah... That's why you're so big!" The woman in overalls exclaimed.

Q-taro smiled proudly , "193 centimeters! And strong to boot, y'hear!"

"...Seems no one else wants to talk. Well then, Sara, how about you try asking things to people you wanna hear from?" The blonde man said though he was yet to introduce himself.

"M-Me?" Sara exclaimed.

Yeah...why are you putting so much trust in her?

"Yep. Unlike me, people aren't wary of you, right?" He responded.

Sara cautiously approached the girl with green hair, who was shaking, she also had a bucket on her head for reasons unknown.

The girl was trembling like a leaf, " Oogh... hic...
Sara."

"What's your name?" Sara smiled kindly.

The girl was unable to speak and kept making unintelligible noises, "Aaaaa... ooooh..."

Sara sighed, "Are you okay...?"

"Aaaaa... ooooh..."

"Don't be afraid . I won't do anything..." Sara gently placed her hand on the girls trembling back.

"T-thank you very much..." The bucket girl sniffled.

The girl still wouldn't talk so Sara left her alone.

Everyone was just stood here watching Sara's interaction.

"Huh? Did I not introduce myself?" The Blonde man exclaimed, finally realising, "My name's Keiji Shinogi. Workin' as a policeman."

"Huh?! Police?!" Joe seemed shocked.

"You got it. So don't trouble your friendly policeman. ...Well, not that I'm really that sort of cop." Keiji trailed off.

Joe was slightly panicked, "T... Then you should have mentioned that sooner!"

"I got abducted in the middle of an investigation. It was tough to find a chance to spill it." Keiji sighed, placing his hand on the back of his neck.

"Wonder if there's one among us...A collaborator with the culprit... playing the victim to blend in...!" Joe didn't seem to notice what he just said.

He probably shouldn't of said that, now everyone will just be suspicious of each other and I'm sure everyone is already on edge.

"...Eh?!"

Keiji chuckled.

"What is it?! You wanna laugh?! You can't say there isn't..." Joe glared at him.

~*~

Mishima told us more about himself, "Incidentally, I teach Japanese and art... Mwaha..."

"Huh, a school teacher? Can't picture it." Keiji stated.

"Indeed, I hear that often..."

"I've got no right to say it, but you're suspicious from every angle." Keiji accused.

The woman in overalls was quick to jump to his rescue, "You truly don't have any right to say that! Apologize to the professor, please!"

"Whoa now. What's this, little miss?" Keiji seemed surprised at her outburst.

"Pardon... You see, she is a former student of mine. Please forgive her..." Mishima explained.

"He's a really good teacher! Please don't judge a book by its cover!"

"I suppose my appearance is shady after all... How shocking."

"Well, don't have much else to judge on. Dunno much about you either, little miss." Keiji stated.

"I'll introduce myself...! There's nothing guilty about us!" The girl said, trying to redeem herself.

"...Well, excuse me."

"It's time to cool down, yes..." Mishima smiled.

"I-I'm a former student of Professor Mishima's! Currently at an art college! My name is Nao Egokoro"The girl now known as Nao introduced, "It's thanks to Professor Mishima that I attend an art college now! The professor's a good person! Please believe me!"

"I-I'm not especially doubting it..." Sara commented.

"Ah... I should introduce myself too soon, huh." The teal haired man suddenly spoke, he had been quiet for a while, as well as a few others.

"Fine, I can read the room, woof! It's, you know, the mature response, meow!" The strange boy commented.

"My name's Sou Hiyori. Err... well. Just a job-hopper. Ahaha..." He trailed off by laughing nervously, he didn't seem like someone with lots of friends, he seemed like more of a loner.

"So living hand-to-mouth, meow?"

"H...Hey... don't put it like that... It's not a ton, but I've got savings." He seemed embarrassed.

"Why wouldn't you introduce yourself at first?" Sara asked almost like she was suspicious of him.

He looked away uneasily but responded regardless, "Naturally, I was wary like Joe was... Plus, saying I'm a job-hopper... is a little embarrassing. Ahaha..."

The strange kid spoke up again, "Just make up some lie, meow! You're honest to a fault, woof!"

"H... Hey now, I dunno about that... You can't trust people like that, right?" He responded almost instantly.

Sou glanced at me, I had been stood near him and the strange boy the whole time yet I had said almost nothing.

"A-ah." I took me a moment to register that they were looking at me, "I'm Y/n L/n, a college student."

They stared at me for a few moments more, like they were expecting me to say more, before turning away and averting their gazes elsewhere.

However, Sou continued to stare for a little longer before looking away.

The strange child broke the silence, "Once you get home, go find a job, meow!"

"Urgh... Job hunting... Steady work..." Sou muttered to himself.

"My name is Gin Ibushi, woof! I'm a 6th grader, meow!" The strange child finally introduced himself.

He noticed my gaze and sent me a cute smile.

It was from this moment on I decided, I must protect this boy at all costs.

"Great introduction, kiddo." Keiji's voice made me jump, I had completely forgot he was there.

Sou seemed to be the only one to noticed, as I caught him chuckling slightly at me.

"Don't call me a kid! I just introduced myself 'cause you guys don't seem like anything special, woof!" Gin insulted everyone.

Sara turned back to the bucket girl, "Are you okay...? If you've calmed down, could you talk to me?"

"... I'm Kanna Kizuchi..." she introduced herself shyly.

Sara started asking her questions like she did with everyone else.

Of course, everyone said they didn't know where they were or how they got here.

Sara seemed to have said something she shouldn't have, because Kanna broke down and started sobbing about her sister.

Did she lose her in the first trial?

She suddenly fainted, and somehow I had managed to catch her.

I gently set her down, leaning her back against the wall.

Reko sent me a small smile.

"Hey, Keiji! You're the reliable one here! What should we do?!" Joe asked.

"...You've sure changed your tune." Keiji smirked, "Well, first things first. Why don't we confirm what each of us has found in this place?"

"That sounds like a good plan."

"Zat's just what I was thinkin' of saying! See, I picked up this thing."

"It's a huge box, meow!"

"Bet you could fit a whole watermelon in there..." Nao commented.

"Was this... from the First Trial?" Sou asked.

"Yep. Though I mean, bringin' this box was the point of the First Trial..." Q-taro beamed, proud of himself.

"Say what?! Did some people have different First Trials?" Joe seemed shocked.

"We can discuss that later. First off, let's open up this box."

"It ain't gonna. It's got these keyholes, see?"

~*~

There were three keyholes on the box, and three people had keys from the first trial.

They fit perfectly.

"Alright, this might be dangerous, so leave it to the policeman." Keiji didn't wait for a response and just opened it.

"What's inside?"

"Ahh... you might not want to look."

Some people yelled or panicked, it was a head.

Though something was off.

"Wait... isn't it just a doll?" Sou commented.

I chuckled slightly at the predicament.

"Huh?!"

"Oh, you're right." Keiji sighed in relief, "Hm? A letter?"

'Find my body. Bring me back. For I don't have arms or legs.'

"Find her body...?" Keiji asked.

"Do we even need to find it, meow? This could be a trap, woof!" Gin responds cautiously.

"That's true. I don't think there's any need to do what the letter says..." Sou pulled his scarf up a bit, " Think it's about time we search outside of this room?"

"I... Isn't that dangerous?" Nao asked.

"We can't stay here forever. And isn't it more dangerous to be in an unknown environment and not investigate." I commented, my voice wasn't loud like some of the others, it wasn't too quiet though.

"L-Let's move in groups!" Joe suggested.

"I'm scared... If there's some other horrible device like the First Trial..." Nao whimpered.

Reko smiled lightly at her, "Me and Nao can look after Kanna. If you guys're in danger, haul ass back here."

I watched as people started grouping up.

Sara approached a few people before she started walking towards me.

I jolted, panic coursed through me.

"Will you explore with me?" She asked desperately.

It's not like she was demanded me, but I couldn't deny her because she sounded so desperate.

"Sure, I guess.." I looked away, not used to this much social interaction.

People normally ignored me and I would just do my own thing.

"Hey, miss Sara, could we search together?" Sou's voice came from behind me, it was so close that I felt his breath hit my ear.

I titled my head to see him behind me, a little too close if you ask me.

He was a few inches taller than me.

"Eh?" She seemed confused as she had just asked me.

"S-sorry! If you can't trust me... that's fine..."

"It's not anything like that, just..."

It felt awkward so I quickly interjected, "We can all go together." I tucked some of my hair behind my ear nervously.

Sou smiled at me, "Great."

~*~

_____________________________________
2409 words

A/n this took me ages to write! I'm hoping to write quite a few chapters so this should be released next year or maybe late December..

A/n 2.0. This came out early than expected but I finished the Karma fanfic quicker than I thought I would so...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.5K 18
You were small, petite, even breakable as some might say but that didn't stop you. You were going to show them what they had coming without even so m...
71.3K 938 17
Just a female Creepypasta scenario. Do you want some context? No! I said no! Alright, just a bit though... You are (Y/N), a neko. You haven't been ab...
110K 2.7K 26
Scared, alone with no one to help her, Y/n goes about her life trapped in this killing game. But who says that isn't the correct choice? Who says wha...
31.1K 650 26
My Inner Demons X reader Y/N Is living with Ava. She is a shy girl, but if necessary she has an attitude. Once she arrived Ava dragged her out the d...