Endearment ▶️ Pietro Maximoff

By marvelousbangtan

"If you must know," his voice caught me off guard and I inhaled sharply. "It's a hickey. Mine to be precise."... More

Author's Note
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One

Twenty-Six

1K 23 19
By marvelousbangtan

The world was spinning, I was spinning. Whiplash was a nasty little thing, the only thing worse than a whiplash was the person who gave it to me in the first place. Calling him a person was too humane, he was the reincarnation of lucifer himself! Okay, he wasn't really the devil but he sure as hell acted like one. Especially when it came to me, honestly, it was like he was out to get me. Whyyy?

"I think I'm going to throw up.." I gasped, holding onto his toned arms for dear life. Oh, how I hated him.

Not..

"I sincerely hope that you don't, miss Bradbury." the familiar voice of director Fury had me on alert almost instantly. Gone was the world spinning and instead it was the familiar office from almost a year ago. The intimidating man stood behind his desk, just like the previous time, and seemed to be looking through a file.

"I really don't think it's a good idea barging in here like that either, Maximoff." He said, realisation dawned on me. I was still in his arms. As if I had been burned, I jumped nearly a foot away from him. Scowling his way, I concentrated on the man stood in front of me.

"I come here for a reason." Pietro's voice did nothing but annoy me further.

"I can see that, Maximoff."

I was right here! Jesus. I coughed loudly, standing there was doing nothing but create further awkwardness. "Maximoff." Director Fury's authoritative voice broke the awkward silence. Pietro, however, remained oblivious to his command and stood lazily in his spot. I stared at him with what I'd imagined was my nasty face, he wasn't fazed by it. I turned to look at Nick Fury, he wasn't impressed either.

"Maxim-"

"I heard you the first time."
And just like that, he was gone, leaving a gentle breeze in his wake.

"Now, let's have a chat."

I don't know why but it felt as if I was in the principle's office and about to get a detention, which was weird because I had never been in detention. Nevertheless, that's how I felt in that moment.

"Director Fury I-" my response remained incomplete as my eyes scanned the desk in front of me. There lay a green envelope with a logo embossed on the front. It read 'S.H.I.E.L.D'

Wait, what? It was an appointment letter. Oh my goodness, it was my letter. The one I had been sent. It was now sitting on Director Fury's desk.

"You must be wondering why you're here miss Bradbury."

I mean, I think that's a given sir!

"I'm more curious as to why you had your speedster bring me here when it's obvious that I don't want to be." I replied, feeling rather uncomfortable thinking about it.

"Believe me, I had no idea he was going to do that. I do apologise on his behalf, he hasn't been the same for a while."

I froze. Hadn't been the same? What did he mean by that? "Why am I here?" I asked instead. Since I was already here, I might as well get some answers. He paused for a moment before looking at me in a serious manner.

"I'm not going to drag this any longer, I know you've had a long day."

You bet.

"I'm simply giving you an offer, an opportunity if you will, to work for S.H.I.E.LD. I believe you have the qualities and potential to be an agent, however I would much rather you started off easy. So, I am offering you a chance to work alongside Agent Hill as a guidance specialist for everyone's favourite superheroes."

Say what now? Suddenly, I didn't know a word of the English language as I stood there awkwardly staring at him. Was I hearing things now? Surely he didn't just offer me, little old me, a job with the awesome Maria Hill? Nah, just wait for the punchline. Watch..

"Sir, I think you have me confused for someone else. I can barely guide myself, let alone anyone else." I responded, instantly regretting every life choices I had made up until now when I saw the look on his face. He wasn't impressed.

"I beg to differ." His response made me nervous all of a sudden and I realised why that was shortly after.

The screen in front of me, a hologram they call it I think, showed a moving image of myself outside the cafeteria when that robot had suddenly started terrorising the world. I was escorting everyone out of that place. I had actually forgotten about that, being that it was a truly traumatic day that landed me on my deathbed. Nearly...jeez.

"This means nothing." I mumbled, unsure as to why that day was even relevant. Also, a breach of privacy don't you think? Could that mean that I was being spied on 24/7? Oh lord, to be given the surveillance duty of watching a boring individual like me for hours on end...can't relate.

"I know you have declined the offer before but I do hope that you'll consider it this time." The director spoke again. He sounded so sincere and it worried me slightly.

"You have the tendency to sell yourself short. You're actually quite something, you're just not ready to admit it yet."

"I.. I don't know." was my dumb response.

"I'll think about it, I also need to discuss this with my sisters." I tried again. Failed again.

The image of a laughing Thea and a clueless Maira flashed in front of me. I seriously needed to get better at coming up with excuses, they were getting rather tedious. The scary man surprised me once again with a little chuckle as he muttered something that I assumed was "I can see why he's so smitten by you..."

You see, I was definitely hearing things.

"Take all the time you need, Miss Bradbury." He said, looking at me.

For someone so intimidating, he was actually very nice when he spoke to me. But that feeling of being in a principle's office didn't leave and it was starting to freak me out a little bit.

But, I guess I was going to sleep on this for now. Realisation dawned on me in that moment, I had no ride home. I didn't even have my bag, it must have dropped when I was fighting with him in my apartment. That ass-

"Brace yourself."

I screamed. Not this again!

"I told you not to do that! Oh my god. I'm actually going to throw up."

I was hyperventilating at this point. He was treating me like some kind of a rag doll and I hated it! Stumbling out of his arms I managed to sit down on the sofa, holding my head tightly in an attempt to stop the pounding headache.

"Okay, but can you make me hot chocolate first?"

Okay, hear me out. What if you could get away with one ultimate murder in real life and never ever feel guilty about it? Doesn't that sound wonderful? Could this be that one thing I would have to start praying for? Because seriously, it was starting to become a whole lot more tempting.

"Get out." I said instead. One, because I couldn't physically form a full sentence and two, I would say something I knew could come back to haunt me.

"You're so stubborn." His voice was close, really close. But I was too tired to care, my body was losing the fight against this daily workout of mine.

"And you're .." I gulped, sighing in defeat as I continued. "just go. Please. I'm tired and I have work tomorrow."

Everything else became a blur as I found myself struggling to keep my eyes open.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I was a little bit nervous, butterflies lived in my stomach these days. I prayed to any deity out there that I would not have to deal with him but something told me it was useless.

He did tell me, no, more like threatened me last night not to go out with Brandon. Yet, here I was, few minutes away from closing time and then the "date". Lord, what was I thinking?

"Stop pacing so much, you'll burn a hole into the ground!" Claire's voice echoed through the empty cafe.

"I'm doing no such thing!" I exclaimed as I continued pacing back and forth.

I didn't know what I was doing either. It almost felt like I was using Brandon to get over that idiot who had my head rented out for free lately with his antics. Like, seriously, I needed the rent now because enough was enough. No more freebies for that punk even if it meant going out with the lovely Brandon.

Oh, Brandon. He was sweet, handsome and a really funny guy. I was looking forward to seeing him despite being nervous. But the nervousness wasn't entirely toward seeing Brandon but rather the possibility of him, who shall not be named, ruining our date with something really stupid and childish. Why couldn't he just let me live? I'm sure he was living however he liked, so why couldn't he just let me be?

Thinking back to this morning, I was a thousand percent sure that I'd dozed off on the sofa because I was that tired. But, I woke up in my bed in my work clothes. Did he..

"Ugh he's so annoying even when he's not here!" I blurted out, scaring myself instantly as my voice almost echoed in the empty cafe.

"Alright we're done! Go go get your stuff, don't keep him waiting for too long!" Claire yelled out from the back office.

Hurriedly, I made my way into the back office to get my jacket and bag. Shouting a quick goodbye to both Sarah and Claire, I stepped outside onto the somewhat quiet street. The fresh air felt so good and refreshing as I scanned the streets for Brandon.

This was odd, he was nowhere to be seen. I was certain that he'd said to meet him outside the cafe but now I wasn't sure. Awkwardly, I put my hands in my jacket pocket and felt a small piece of paper. Strange, I don't remember having anything in there.

As I took the paper out, my phone buzzed. It was a message from Brandon. He couldn't make it due to personal reasons.

"What in the.." okay, really starting to feel like I was the problem. My eyes traveled to the little piece of paper that was still in my hand.

"You should have just listened, princezo." It read.

My heart thundered against my rib cage in nervousness, anger, I didn't even know at this point.

Damn him, that stupid, annoying boy! Oh, I just wanted to go home and cry myself to sleep.

"Why are you doing this to me?!" I nearly screamed, holding my head so it wouldn't explode.

I was so overwhelmed that I hadn't even noticed the way he had addressed the note to me, again.

Princezo..

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"I can't believe it's been over a week. When are you idiots coming home?"

It had actually been a little over a week since their Disneyland trip and the return was still unknown. Honestly, I can understand the need to cling onto childhood dreams but I think a few days should suffice, right?

"About that..."

I did not like that tone. I did not like that tone at all!

"Oh, I wanna murder you already!" I hissed, I knew she was about to say something that would not make me happy at all. Call it a hunch or just years of experience.

"I kinda...lied. We're staying over for another week, sorry sis."

"You know I hate being home alone! Besides, what does Maira want?"

And the line on her end died, just like my hope.

I was annoyed, so very annoyed. This whole week had gone down the drain and it was quite literally beyond my control. Not only was he hurting me, he was going out of his way to make my life miserable by doing things he had no right over.

I wasn't one to do stupid things but I felt like doing something outrageous just to feel normal. But then again, I didn't have that kind of confidence to be doing stupid things either. Maybe I could ask Claire? Yeah, that sounded like a pretty smart idea for once. Ask your semi reckless friend/ coworker to get you to do something stupid. Not a bad idea at all.

{ not edited }

A/N I know, she's frustrating me too 😂😂 okay I honestly don't know why I've been having duplicates of the image in the banner thingy above 🤦🏽‍♀️  I mean, it's ATJ so I'm not complaining either lmaoo I was so tempted to put my own opinion on Charlie waking up in her "outside" clothes but I realised not everyone is OCC like me and I should try to keep my character as "normal" as possible...though the rational side of my mind knows this is wrong, I still gotta let it go *weeps in disinfectant*
Also, what a great start to another year. The virus finally found its way into my house! It's 2020 again but like, waay worse. Will this ever end? I got places to be, concerts to tick off my bucket list so corona if you could just get tf outta here thanks 🙏🏽 *sigh* Also thank you for the support you guys have shown me so far, much appreciated! ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 306 22
You are the younger sister of Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. You are younger by three years and six months. They are extremely protective of you. All of...
414K 11.9K 34
❝Don't kiss me if you're afraid of thunder. My life is a storm.❞ ❝Hold on, lemme get my ...
3.6K 81 15
Being trained by HYDRA and the Red Room made you one of the top assassins. Along with filling your life with nightmares, regrets and memories. Fortun...
104K 1.7K 30
This is a story about you being Tony Stark's daughter. But one day while you were working down in the lab something happens. But then when it gets cl...