The Hero and the Genie

By AndrewLaVoice

There are barely any crossover stories for Shantae. So, this is my first crossover story. Shantae x My Hero A... More

Character Bio #1: Deku
Character Bio #2: Shantae
Opening
Chapter 1: Welcome to Scuttle Town
Chapter 2: The Meeting of Two Heroes
Chapter 3: New Friends
Chapter 4: Dance Through the Danger
Chapter 5: Attack of the Mermaids
Chapter 6: Deku vs Shantae
Chapter 7: Clash at Mermaid Falls
Chapter 8: Feelings and a Strange Dream
Chapter 9: Adventures on Zombie Island
Chapter 10: Trouble Rising
Chapter 11: Twitch and Vinegar
Chapter 12: The One-eyed Weirdo
Chapter 13: Scars of the Past
Chapter 14: Costume Upgrades and Rotty's Surprise
Chapter 15: The Date
Chapter 17: Team up and Comfort
Christmas Special
Chapter 18: Rock vs Metal
A pic as thanks!
Chapter 19: Melting Hearts
Chapter 20: The Truth Revealed
Chapter 21: The Fourth Wall?!
Chapter 22: Making Plans
Chapter 23: A Fight Between Men; Red Riot vs Ammo Baron
Chapter 24: Todoroki and Rottytops vs Techno Baron
Chapter 25: The Mind Trick of Hypno Baron
Chapter 26: Deku vs Deku
Chapter 27: Clash of the Dekus!

Chapter 16: An Unexpected Reunion

1.6K 26 59
By AndrewLaVoice

Meanwhile, Rottytops had seen the whole date and listened to the confession thanks to Uncle Mimic' s listening invention. She had a huge smile on her face as she bounced happily!

"YAHOO," she cried happily. "Operation Shanku is a success!"

With her mission complete, she began to head on home. She had done it! She had helped the hero and the half-genie get together at last. After ten minutes, she began to wonder what she could do next.

"I better tell Poe and Abner the news," she said. "Maybe I should tell Bolo and Sky about it. I wonder how Mimic will…"

Suddenly, she heard a loud crash from nearby. She jumped at the sound. Not long after, she saw a strange explosion far off in the distance. Before she could walk towards it, she saw a few figures appear. They were dressed in… superhero attire?

"What the buns?" She gasped.

*****

"That was such a wonderful date," sighed Shantae dreamily. "Thank you for such a wonderful time, Izuku!"

Ever since they became a couple, Midoriya insisted that his new girlfriend call him by his first name. After their song and kiss, they headed off for Shantae's home.

"I'm glad you had such a good time, Shantae," said Izuku happily. 

 Shantae nuzzled her boyfriend happily and kissed him. "I love you, my little cinnamon roll."

Izuku blushed with a smile. "I love you too, my lovely genie."

Shantae giggled happily. She felt happiness fill her heart. Hearing those words made her feel special. Surely, nothing could ruin this evening.

"DEKU, YOU BASTARD!! HOW DID YOU GET HERE?!"

The two heroes gasped at the sound of the voice. They both turned and saw a bunch of kids around Izuku's age. 

The first one was the one who spoke. It was a boy with spiky light blond hair and red eyes. He wore a black costume with an orange x on the chest, a square brace on his shoulders, a green belt with tiny grenades, black pants, black boots with orange soles, orange-and-black spikes on the back of his head, and a black mask over his eyes. The most notable feature about his costume was the two grenade gauntlets on his hands. 

Izuku stared at the boy and gasped. "Kaachan!"

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?" shouted Kaachan. 

"Hey, Bakubro," said another boy. "Calm down, man. I'm freaked out by this too."

Before anyone could say anything else, Shantae ran past her new boyfriend and squealed with excitement.

"EEEEE," she squealed. "WOW! ARE YOU ALL HEROES LIKE IZUKU?" 

She turned to Izuku while bouncing excitedly. "THIS IS SO COOL! MORE HEROES FROM YOUR WORLD, IZUKU! I'M SO EXCITED TO MEET THEM!"

"What?" Said a girl. "Your world? What are you talking about?"

"I'll let Izuku explain it to you," said Shantae.

Izuku was shocked to see the bunch of people in front of him. "Um… maybe we should start with introductions," he said. 

Shantae nodded in agreement and gently ushered everyone inside her home. This was going to be very exciting for her!

*****

As soon as everyone was seated, Shantae smiled brightly. "Hello, everyone," she said cheerfully. "I'm Shantae, the half-genie guardian of Scuttle Town!"

Suddenly, a girl came in front of her. She had auburn hair, matching auburn eyes, and pink tints on her cheeks that made it look like she was blushing. She wore a pink and black skintight hero costume with big pink boots, thick pink bracelets, a thick pink belt, and a pink headpiece with a lens that showed her face. She was grinning widely while bouncing cheerfully!

"What?" She asked excitedly. "You're half genie?! Well, spill! Are ya? Are ya? Huh? Huh?! That must mean you're magical, right?"

Shantae was stunned by this girl. Then she smiled and nodded. "Yes, I am! I can use my magic for attacking spells and transformation dances! What can you do? What's your name?"

The pink-cheeked girl smiled cheerfully. "I'm Ochako Uraraka! Much like Deku, I have a quirk. It's called 'Zero Gravity.' With these pads on my fingertips, I can reverse the gravity of an object or person that I touch. Then, to release them, I simply touch my fingertips together."

"WOW!" Said Shantae excitedly. "That's so amazing! I bet you can make objects float all day long, huh?"

Ochako rubbed the back of her head with a bashful expression. "Actually, there is one downside to using my quirk. If I use it too much or on a really massive object, I get really nauseous." 

Shantae gave Ochako a look of sympathy. "Oh, dear. I'm sorry that it happens to you. Well, if you ever need a way to recover from nausea, I've got potions for that."

Ochako smiled at the half-genie's offer. "Thanks!"

Shantae smiled back and asked one more question: "So, what's your hero name?"

Ochako smiled and said, "My hero name is Uravity!"

Shantae smiled. "That's so cute!!!"

She turned to the boys. She saw that the explosive boy looked ticked off, so she decided to talk to one of the other boys. 

The first boy wore a blue outfit with white boots. His left eye was gray while his other eye was blue with a painful-looking scar over. His hair was white on the left and red on the right. He looked very serious but not as intimidating as the first boy. He stared at her for a while until a small smile appeared on his face.

"Greetings," he said politely. "My name is Shoto Todoroki. I see that you're a very good person."

Shantae smiled with relief. "It's nice to meet you Shoto. So, what's your quirk?"

"My quirk is half-fire and half-ice. My left side uses ice while my right uses fire," Shoto explained.

Shantae stared in awe! "Wow! I don't even know any ice spells yet! That's so amazing!! What's your hero name?"

"I'm sticking with Shoto for now," the boy answered.

Shantae had a puzzled expression. "Seriously? Okay, then." 

She now turned her attention to a boy with spiky red hair, sharp-looking teeth, and red eyes. His costume consisted of black pants, black sleeves with no shirt, and a black face brace.

"So, who are you?" Shantae asked the red-head. "What's your quirk?"

"Hey, there," said the red-head. "I'm Eijiro Kirishima. My quirk is 'Hardening.' I can make my whole body rock hard."

He lifted an arm up and hardened it to demonstrate.

Shantae squealed with excitement! "Wow! Your arm is making me think of a sword! I have a scimitar spell! You must be a great hero! What's your hero name?"

Kirishima smiled. "You can call me 'Red Riot!'"

"That's a great name," said Shantae with a huge grin. She now turned to the scowling boy. "Um… is he okay? He seems angry. Did I upset him?"

"No worries," said Izuku reassuringly. "Kaachan is usually like this."

Shantae tilted her head curiously. "Kaachan?" She asked.

"Oh, um… his real name is Katsuki Bakugo," explained Izuku. "I've called him 'Kaachan' ever since we were kids."

"Oh, a nickname," said Shantae with realization. She turned to Bakugo. "So, Bakugo… What's your quirk?"

Bakugo was silent for a moment, making Shantae nervous. Then he spoke: "Explosion. I can make explosions with the nitroglycerin in my sweat on my hands."

"Whoa," Shantae said. "The explosion part sounds cool. I'm not so sure about the sweat part, though."

Bakugo stared at her and scoffed. Then he turned to Deku. "All right, nerd. Were you sent here through a portal as well?"

Izuku gasped. "Yes! I was! Were you sent by Shigaraki as well?"

"Yeah, man," said Kirishima. We were sent around the same time as you."

Izuku felt his jaw drop a little. "The same time as me? Were you wondering around here for a month?"

"What? A month?" Asked Todoroki in surprise. "What are you talking about? We've only been here for at least two hours."

Izuku and Shantae were shocked! Izuku had been in Sequin Land for a month when he landed, and his friends were there for only two hours despite having been sent into portals at the same time? How was that even possible? 

Izuku began to think out loud: "How is this possible? Could Shigaraki not have total control over his portals by now? I guess that makes sense since he's only had his new quirk for a short time. Were the other members of the League of Villains sent here too? If so, I hope they haven't met Risky Boots yet! Who knows what they could possibly do together? I really hope that they don't…"

"Um… Deku-kun?" Said Uraraka. "Is everything okay? You're muttering again."

Izuku blushed in embarrassment. "Sorry," he said. "I'm just hoping that the League of Villains isn't here. If they're here, then I hope they aren't working with Risky Boots."

Bakugo turned to Izuku with a glare. "Who is this Risky Boots?"

Shantae frowned at the name. "Risky Boots is the queen of the seven seas," she answered. "As a pirate captain, she often tries to rule over all of Sequin Land. Every time she attacks Scuttle Town, I'm there to stop her." She gave Izuku a sweet smile. "But when I met Izuku here, he helped me beat her! He was amazing!"

Kirishima grinned widely. "That's Midoriya for ya! He's very manly!"

Todoroki also smiled a little. "He's always willing to help people. Even if they don't want it."

Uraraka smiled while giving Izuku a thumbs-up. "He's a real hero! I want to be just like him!"

Izuku was blushing up a storm at all the compliments. Shantae giggled at her lover's flustered expression. She proceeded to wrap an arm around him and nuzzle him. 

"You're so cute, Izuku," she said. "You don't need to be embarrassed. You deserve those compliments."

Ochako giggled at the sight. "So, are you and Deku dating?"

Shantae nodded, making most of the group smile. She noticed that Bakugo was deep in thought with a neutral expression. What was he thinking about?

He looked outside and said, "I think we should turn in for the night. We have a lot to learn tomorrow."

Kirishima nodded in agreement. "Yeah," he said. "Even a man needs his rest."

With a heart-warming smile Shantae proceeded to leave out sleeping bags and pillows for her new friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.5K 29
Villains and Criminals are continuously disappearing from the world. Now it's all up to the 9th User of OFA, Izuku Midoriya a.k.a Deku to find the ca...
1.3K 60 8
An IzuOcha story based on the japanese animated movie "Your Name" but with a crossover twist! Izuku is a teenage boy attending the Yuuei heroics prog...
37.1K 1.2K 38
Enter Izuku 'Deku' Midoriya, A hero-in-training, aiming to be the Number One Hero, he's encountered obstacles and challenges on his journey. But what...
62.7K 1.6K 11
This is a crossover between Disney's Tangled and My Hero Academia. I added my own twist to it it make it more interesting. So basically you are Rapun...