Love Aaj Kal

By miramehra

//a Jab We Met sequel/spin-off, can be read as a stand-alone but will be better supplemented by the former// ... More

c a s t
00| Kahaani
01| Rock On
02| Bewakoofiyan
03| Wake Up Sid
04| We Are Family
05| I Hate Luv Stories
06| Jagga Jasoos
07| Happy Ending
08| Ladies Vs Rohan Nanda
09| Break Ke Baad
10| Always Kabhi Kabhi
11| Dil Dhadakne Do
12| Baar Baar Dekho
13| Oberoi And Sons
14| Luck By Chance
15| Dance Pe Chance
16| Chup Chup Ke
What's Up?//Character Prompts
18| Nautanki Saala
19| Hasee Toh Phasee
20| Mujhse Dosti Karoge
21| Cocktail
22| Tum Mile
23| Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
24| You, Me Aur Hum
25| Cake
26| The Sky Is Pink
27| Main Hoon Na
28| Dear Zindagi
Character Playlists
29| Dil Chahta Hai

17| Partner

874 105 16
By miramehra

Hello!! I'm back with another chapter, with back-to-school vibes in full form!

The responses on chapters are getting a bit low, are you guys not liking how the story's going? Do let me know in the comments, or just shoot your ideas, feedback and views!

Song of the Chapter: Mere Liye Tum Kaafi Ho, Shubh Mangal Zyaada Saavdhaan💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kya time ho raha hai?"

A frantic Ayaana asked, fiddling with her fingers as she paced around the Jam Room, as Lavanya stared at her with a shake of her head.

"Last time poocha tha, usme 5 add kar."

Abir said tiredly, trying to sleep on the cold surface of the stage.

"Ya phir uske pehle jab poocha tha, usme 10."

Nirvaan teased at the same time, making Abir open his eyes for a second to grin at him and offer him a high-five, which he gladly accepted, neither of them paying attention to Ana's glares.

"It's 9:45."

Neil said with an amused smile, to which Ayaana nodded gratefully.

"Thank you! Someone here, should learn a thing or two from you."

She taunted loudly, eyeing Abir and Nirvaan as Lavanya and Neil chuckled.

"Someone here, should buy their own watch."

Nirvaan retorted, making Abir snort and laugh, as Ayaana narrowed her eyes.

The five currently had a free period, and it was just 15 minutes to go for the announcement of the final cast, adding to Ayaana's nervousness.

"God Ana, I get dizzy just watching you pace. Chill kar aur baith aaraam se."

Lavanya said frustratedly, as she dragged Ana towards the stage and sat her down, while Neil threw her a bottle of water, which she accepted with a faint smile.

"I am chill. I'm just....um...in need of exercise."

Ayaana said, panting as she finished gulping down the water, much to Abir and Neil's amusement.

"You need to look up your definition of 'chill' again."

Abir commented with a boyish grin, making Lav chuckle.

"Rhea's stressed too, it's normal."

Nirvaan stated as he too lied down on the stage besides Abir, making Ayaana raise her eyebrows in surprise. He was giving up an opportunity to tease her? Was this really Nirvaan Malik?

"Beemar ho? Ya sudhar gaye ho?"

She asked with a childish smile, making him roll his eyes and shake his head with a smirk.

"Sambhal gaya hoon."

He replied with closed eyes and a smile, making her stifle a laugh, as Lavanya looked at the two with a grin.

"It's 9:50 now."

Neil cleared his throat and announced, making Abir give him a disapproving look.

They'd just gotten Ayaana to divert from the topic, and he brought it up again.

"Who cares. It's not like this is military school, man. 10 baje announcement ka bola hai, lekin it'll obviously not be EXACTLY 10 na. 1-2 minute upar neeche hoga hi."

He remarked, changing his position so he was now sitting next to Ayaana, patting her back as she nodded at him.

"Haan, after all everyone's desi here man. We've a common disregard for time, it's a known fact. So just chill."

Lav joked, as the others laughed, and Neil chuckled, nodding his head as he now understood his slip-up.

"She IS chill. Tum log hi tabse bol rahe ho chill karne ko, sounds like that bloody Salman Khan song blasting through the radio 24x7."

Nirvaan muttered with a furrowed eyebrows, still trying to sleep, making Ana smile.

"Acha anyway, what about you Bir? Tum bane 'Head Of Humor'?"

She asked Abir with a grin, who chuckled and nodded.

"I went to Wandell, he's handling the scripting na, so I asked him if I could add some comedy. He seemed to be okay with it, lekin it'll be hard censoring my jokes to make them appropriate for school."

He answered with a cheeky smile and a wink, making Nirvaan and Neil chuckle.

"At least he's okay with something. Oldie hates me for some reason, man."

Nirvaan commented, making Lav giggle.

"Maybe because you call him Oldie when he's like 50."

Ayaana replied with an amused smile, as Neil laughed and Nirvaan simply waved his hand, dismissing her explanation.

"The list is up! It's up!"

A freshman shouted through the hallways, audible enough to reach the five.

Abir and Ayaana stumbled off the stage, while Neil and Lavanya looked at each other, shaking their heads.

Nirvaan took his time stretching and yawning, before getting up and fixing his blazer, eventually strutting out the room, making the others roll their eyes.

What a diva.

Ayaana just gulped, before nodding at the others and following him out the door, towards the auditorium.

Time for a reality check!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Damn it Sid, you're blocking everyone's view, get away from the board!"

The five could hear Rhea yell irritatedly as they reached the corridor outside the auditorium, where the list was pinned to the notice board.

"Jeez I just wanted everyone to read it together, aagaye sab ab. Hatt raha hoon main."

Sid replied sheepishly, as Rhea rolled her eyes and shook her head, before moving in front of the crowd, going through the list.

"Romeo:-
                Understudy: Samar Luthra
                LEAD: NIRVAAN MALIK

-Nirvaan, you got the part!"

She yelled out loud as she read out the cast, making the gang cheer and hug him, while he smirked and casually shook his head, the Malik genes prominent as usual.

"Juliet:-
            Understudy: Rhea-"

She stopped reading immediately, not expecting to see her name as an understudy.

As if sensing her tension, Lavanya came forward to continue, widening her eyes as she read,

"Understudy: Rhea Shergill
MAIN LEAD: AYAANA MURTHY 
                             MALHOTRA!"

She announced out loud with a wide smile, much to Ayaana's surprise, who had her mouth open and eyebrows raised, before Abir and Sid leapt in to hug her tightly, while Nirvaan gave her a rare boyish grin.

Neil too smiled widely, but not before noticing Rhea frozen in front of the list, a distinct expression on her face.

Disbelief.

That's why she was okay with Ayaana auditioning, she never thought Ana would actually get the part.

Ayaana too, as if on cue noticed her standing besides Lavanya, and immediately went towards her with an unsure expression.

"Rhi..are you okay?"

She asked, a frown etched on her face.

Rhea suddenly looked up at her with steely eyes, before composing herself and giving her a small, yet reassuring smile.

"I'm fine, Ana. It's alright, someone had to get the part right? If not me, I'm glad it's you."

She replied, making Ayaana smile and hug her tightly, which she returned half-heartedly.

Sid smiled looking at the two, he could see that Rhea wasn't happy at all, that she was trying very hard to be, and that Ayaana was trying not to show her happiness in front of her.

Both of them were in similar, yet very different situations.

"We're going to the cafeteria. The Director and Main Leads owe us a treat, and the talented Understudy will get extra dessert."

Abir announced, trying to lighten the mood as Ayaana chuckled and Rhea nodded, her smile still a bit strained.

"You'll find any excuse for a treat, won't you?"

Neil muttered sarcastically, as Abir grinned and nodded, making Lav and Nirvaan chuckle.

"I am Cabir Dhawan's only son, after all."

He replied, as Neil shook his head, while Ayaana laughed and high-fived him.

"In that case, you owe me a trip to the mall. I'm also Alya Saxena's daughter."

Lavanya asserted, her nose upturned sarcastically, as Nirvaan made a face at her.

"Your trips to the mall end up becoming full fledged vacations. Tera bas chale toh tu Zara ke showroom mein apna ghar basaale."

He replied, his British accent modifying his Punjabi words, while the others chuckled and agreed.

"Mujhe bas bike dilwaado."

Sid said matter-of-factly, before everyone turned to him and shouted a big 'NO'.

They were well aware that knowing him, he'd crash a bike the day he recieved one.

"I'm texting Shiv bhai, he'll be happy to know that all of us are involved with the Musical."

Ayaana announced as she smiled widely, while Nirvaan shook his head at her.

Ever since she'd gotten to know that she was the Lead, Ana had spent her time placating Rhea and ensuring that she doesn't feel left out, instead of taking a minute to celebrate her little achievement.

Typical Annie.

The seven started walking towards the cafeteria, everyone involved in some conversation or the other, while crowds simply parted for them, everyone being used to giving them way as they were immersed in themselves.

Unlike Fab5, they weren't bullies, in fact they were quite friendly and good-natured with everyone. But somehow, they were all recognised as natural leaders in their respective fields.

As soon as they reached the cafeteria, they settled into their usual table and Neil went to go place everyone's orders, along with Rhea.

"Acha listen."

Abir whispered to Ayaana, who got startled and immediately turned towards him, a curious look on her face.

"I need your help dude."

He said, looking at Lavanya, who was busy swatting away Sid's hands from her fries.

Nirvaan, who was sitting besides Abir could hear everything, and chuckled.

"Everyone does. What's in it for me?"

Ayaana teased with a smirk, as Abir raised his eyebrows and gasped, while Nirvaan gave her an impressed smile.

She could usually be this playful with only Abir somehow, he noted with interest.

"Opportunist. Chal theek hai, I'll study for the next test and not cheat off of anyone. Deal?"

Abir asked, groaning, as Ayaana smiled widely and shook his hand, nodding her head.

Nirvaan shook his head in amusement, deal bhi ki toh Abir ke benefit ke liye.

"You know Lav best, Ana. I thought I could just stay friends till she has the same feelings as I do, lekin yaar itna difficult hoga ye nahi pata tha."

Abir complained with a pout, making Ayaana chuckle.

"Haan toh Ae Dil Hai Mushkil nahi dekhi kya? Ek tarfa pyaar ki taakat hi kuch aur hoti hai, Bir."

Nirvaan finally butted in, making Abir hit him on his shoulder, while Ayaana narrowed hey eyes at him, she got scared that someone else had overheard them.

"You shut up, tumhe khud toh kuch pata hai nahi, isse advice doge. And don't worry Bir, we'll think of something soon. Give me some time."

Ayaana scolded Nirvaan like his teacher, to which he responded by sticking his tongue out, while Abir nodded his head sheepishly.

Looks like they had a new mission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think maine audition karke galti kardi."

Nirvaan muttered as he looked at the heavy draft of his script in his hands, filled with complex dialogues and cues.

"This is your problem, tujhe har cheez mein easy way out chahiye."

Neil responded with a disapproving expression, while Nirvaan shrugged and nodded, guilty as charged.

"Yaar kuch normal dialogues nahi likh sakta tha kya buddha? Like I don't know...'hum ek baar jeete hain, ek baar marte hain, aur shaadi bhi ek hi baar karte hain' types. Itna complicate kyun kiya hai saale ne?"

Abir commented, agreeing with Nirvaan as he read through the script as well, making Sid and Lav chuckle loudly.

"Maybe because this is Shakespeare, NOT Karan Johar?"

Ayaana replied with a sarcastic smile on her face, as both Abir and Nirvaan rolled their eyes.

"Vaise if you're having issues, I'm sure you can back off. Samar will be more than happy to take your place, you know, with Ayaana as Juliet."

Lavanya teased Nirvaan, batting her eyelashes as Ayaana shook her head while he narrowed his eyes at her.

"Nirvaan Malik doesn't quit. I've accepted the role, now I'll play it to perfection."

He stated with arrogance, running his fingers through his hair, as Abir grinned and shook his head, while Ayaana raised her eyebrows at him.

"Well Rhea Shergill is tired of you complimenting yourself, so she will be going to the rehearsal hall to practice. I'll see you guys during the last period."

Rhea mimicked Nirvaan with a chuckle at the end, making everyone laugh as they bid her farewell, Ayaana looking at her retreating figure with a worried expression.

"She's fine, Ana. You need to let it go. You've earned this role, don't feel guilty for it."

Sid comforted her, patting her back as she smiled at him, nodding her head.

"If this lovely sibling moment is over, can we discuss practice schedules? Kyunki supporting casts ka phir bhi rearrange kar sakte hain, but the main leads need to dedicate the maximum time."

Neil announced professionally, as Ayaana and Nirvaan both nodded, while Lavanya looked at him, impressed.

"Tu pure time aise baat karega kya? God, I'll stay off the sets then, normal Neil is serious enough, Director Neil will be too much for me to deal with."

Abir muttered, as Sid nodded at him in agreement, making Neil shake his head with indifference.

"Okay so let's start tomorrow during homeroom? We'll talk to Wandell and Singh about permissions and rehearsals."

He continued, and everyone agreed, making a mental note in their heads of the same.

School was certainly going to be more interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's a wrap! Hope y'all liked the chapter, unfortunately on top of being sick, I'm also swamped with work, so I couldn't edit gifs for this one:(

Please do share the love by voting and commenting, I could use of of it💖

Until next time!🧚‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 628 21
Book two of the Star Lost Series !! Started- December 15 2023 Ended- February 14, 2024 "No matter what life, We'll always be together." The younger...
Kagaz By B.

Romance

355K 22.4K 25
Part 3 in the Rajvanshi Series. A tale of love, of deception. Will politics and inheritance corrupt her life? Or will he protect her from the power...
658K 32.8K 56
#27 fanfiction on 15th May 2016 #19 fanfiction on 18th July 2016 #5 fanfiction on 26th July 2016 Written By Rashi
12.3K 732 42
Hellow guys I decided to continue my story love triangle here on this account so if u want to read this so plz u have to read the previous chaps on @...