The Fire Unleashed ✔

Por AnshaBhatia

*CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE* Tiger King, owner of King Hotels & Co., the largest chain of hotels all over th... Más

1. Memories
2. Risks
3. Familia
4. Fatal
6. Arch Nemesis
7. The D-Day Arrives
8. Off We Go
9. The Penultimate Showdown
10. Bitter & Twisted
11. All Falls Down Part 2
12. Chance
13. The Last Flicker
14. Vain
15. Incubus
16. Egregious
17. Harsh Reality
18. Wretchedness
19. Invigorated
20. Monotony Is Exciting
21. Sofia Gold
22. A Gauche Dinner
23. Luca's Histrionics
24. Prerogatives
25. The Moshchnost Gang
26. Wounded
27. Red
28. Regret
29. Drained
30. First Date
31. Informative
32. Scepticism
33. The Truth
34. Trapped
35. The Final Showdown
36. Death
37. Resurrection
38. Reunion

5. Wounds

29 6 4
Por AnshaBhatia

(Tiger's POV)

As I shot both of them in the head, there was a chilling silence in the air that followed. Another unproductive day. Another nuisance in the business. Another day of pain and suffering - not just for the twins, but for me and my men as well. These affairs had never disgusted me, never made me feel like I regret the kind of life I live. But tonight, everything was different. As I saw my men flock towards me to clean my wounds, as I saw the other men picking up the dead bodies and finding a way to dispose them, I felt so unfamiliar to all of this. This sight became completely novel to me. At this moment, all I wanted was to play chess with my dad in his study or to workout with him in the gym. At this moment, all I wanted was to assist my mamma in the kitchen as we slowly groove to old Italian music playing in the background. Is that too much to ask for?

How long? For how long must I live in the inferno I have created? Why am I being burned in the inferno I created for my enemy? And when will that time come, when I will be able to live my job again? Will that time ever come? Do I possess the strength to bring that bastardo to justice? Or am I a failure?

My mind was exploding by asking all these questions to myself and I didn't even realize where I was anyway. As I opened my eyes, I found myself on the backseat of my car, while Luca was at the front, driving. I had received bruises on my forehead, jaw and nose, and a piece of glass had cut open my left hand. Yeah, I was badly injured but it wasn't the first time, so it didn't matter to me. Then, I suddenly realized,

"You asshole, why are you driving my car? Where is your own?"
I asked him, not having the energy to shout or get angry.

"Oh come on, just one time! I'm not even drunk right now!!"
Luca whined. He actually whined in front of me.

"I did see you drink two glasses of whiskey earlier so don't tell me you didn't drink at all. But if anything happens to this car, you're going to pay for it with your life."
I warned him drowsily, before falling back into the seat and close my eyes.

Life was hard, it was never a bad of roses. There were times that were bearable and then, there were times that just make you feel like giving up your life is better. But, it wasn't always like that. I also had an extremely normal and happy childhood. I grew up in the living shadow of my parents and always thought that as long as my mamma and dad are with me, I'm the ruler of this world. Then, one day, everything changed - it cracked all at once, collapsed and shattered on the ground in seconds. But ironically, I'm still the ruler of the world.... and only God knows just how many times I can give up all of this just to become the ruler of my parents' world.

My personal doctor was already in the living room, waiting for my arrival patiently. He stood up in respect as soon as he saw me hobbling inside with my arm around Luca's shoulder.

"Good evening Mr. King,"
He greeted me and I just grunted in response. This was definitely not a good evening.

"I have a few cuts here and there. Just treat them quickly, then you can go."
I told him.

"Okay sir. I will."

That was why I liked Mr. Gonsalves. He was curt and quick, just like me. Silent, punctual and respectful, and never asked unnecessary questions. He was the only person I could trust, and that's why he had been our family doctor for ages.

I threw my head back on the couch and closed my eyes as he worked his magic on my cuts and applied a few bandages here and there. The cut on my left hand was a bit severe and that was the only one which hurt a little. Otherwise, the innumerable cuts and bruises I had taken on myself since the last fourteen years were enough to give me pain.

After the doctor tended to my wounds and left, I heard Luca asking me,

"Let's go inside. You will get all sore sleeping on the couch uncomfortably."

"Whatever. I can go by myself."
I replied stubbornly, still angry about that incident at the bar.

"God, I can't believe you are still miffed about that. No matter how I see it, that girl was right. What was it that she said? That you have warm blankets in your eyes but fire on your tongue? A really funny way to describe you, but so on the point."

He laughed and then left the apartment, leaving me alone with my thoughts of that girl.

But soon enough, I shook my head to chase those thoughts away. How can I be attracted to a girl just because of that one sentence? That one encounter? Absolutely ludicrous!

I stood up to take a shower, with great difficulty. I should have listened to him when he offered me help. But that's the problem with me, punishing myself and doing everything by myself until I break is what I like, apparantly. Even then, this man has invariably been with me and I couldn't be more thankful.

Ever since we were little, I remember us being friends. His father was at an inferior position in the mafia but nobody here is ever treated unequally, especially if they gained my dad's complete trust. And so, I would always play with him because he was the only kid who could stand my ferocious nature and calm me down.

In school, whenever I was seeing red and became out of control, he became my restriction. I became famous because of my insane temper issues everywhere I went, but Luca was always everyone's favorite. Smart, good looking and pleasant to talk to. Everyone always wondered what he was doing with a brat like me but could never get any answer to those questions. Sometimes, even I think like that too but I don't complain much about it because I wouldn't be able to stand it if he was also taken away from me. So, I grin and bear every one of his antics.

Not in the mood to do anything, I threw on a pair of sweatpants before hitting the hay, but sleep was difficult when there was someone on your mind.

"Why are your eyes like this?"
She asked me.

She actually had the nerve to look straight in my eyes and ask me a question. Brave girl, but let's see till when does it last.

"What?"

"I asked what happened to your eyes? Are they always this expressive?"

Here it comes. Another pathetic pick up line? I had already received tons of those tonight when I wasn't even in the mood, but this just doesn't seem to stop. What was that even?

"Look here, just because you wear little dresses and put some make up on your faces, you don't become pretty. So please use this pick up line on someone else."

At this, she laughed. So beautiful. Her laughter brought so much satisfaction to my ears in a long time and I wanted to keep hearing it, even if it was sarcastic.

"Wow, you're really strange. Usually, people have daggers in their eyes but their words have a blanket - like warmth but you have fire dripping from your tongue but your eyes, they look like a million pieces of a smashed mirror."

At this, I turned to look at her. Luke actually look at her. Who was this girl, trying to be all philosophical with a stranger? But what was more surprising and shocking was that how accurate she was?

Long brown hair, pale brown eyes and an innocent face. But her eyes told a different story. Her eyes told me about her wild side, her wounds that she hid behind her sarcasm, her arrogance that she knew too much about this world but at the same time, they also told me about her innocence and her genuine curiosity to find out more about this world. She clearly hadn't seen it all.

She is a beauty - in face and in mind, but she isn't made for me. She is a ticking time bomb while I am a wildfire, this will never go the right way. And so, I decided to keep myself away from her.

"Then you haven't seen the other side of the world. You are still narrow minded because of your lack of knowledge. On my side of the world, we don't believe in the warmth of words, neither do we believe in the tradition of putting on a facade in order to hide our pain from the others. And because our intentions are clear and our emotions are raw, we never lose sight of what we want. Never."

That shut her up effectively. Guess there wasn't anything to say after that. As soon as I got up to go, she held onto my arm and looked up at me with pleading eyes. Pitiful eyes. Pitiful eyes? Now what?

I raised a brow at her and waited impatiently for her to say something and then she did.

"I just wanted to say something if it's of any consolation."

"Consolation?"

"From what I can gather, you are a really brave person, emotionally speaking. A lot of people have many types of bravery in them and your bravery is in the way you show your emotions. I just wish and hope that you will work hard to protect this nature of yours. Also, I don't know what your pain is, but I hope that if we meet the next time, your eyes won't look so broken."

Why are you showing so much of love to me?

Why am I mistaking your sympathy as love?

Am I blind or are you too good at this game?

How can words be so attractive?

I don't know what she was trying to do or what were her hidden motives, but I knew one thing for sure that I will never meet her again, because she is an innocent person and I cannot risk her life by associating with her.

Just then, I caught a quick glimpse of remorse on her face. Was she regretting saying all those things to me? Remembering her earlier words, she wasn't that kind of a person. Ohh, she must have been influenced by me. I was about to say something more when she blurted out again,

"Umm....I don't know why I said that. Just, just forget that I said anything."
She rambled on hastily, thinking about the effect I had on her in such a short time.

But I don't think that I will ever be able to forget the kind and understanding words of a mere stranger, who seemed to know about me more than myself.

I looked at her and smiled slightly, to show her that I can comprehend her emotions, and then said coldly,

"Thanks for your consideration, but I don't think we will be meeting each other. But if there is a next time, you will pretend not to know me. That is a request.... and an order too."

And then I walked away.

I will never meet this woman again. Good for me.

--------------------------------------------

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

250K 6.9K 104
MASSIMO ALEJANDRO ROMANO, a well-known name in the mafia world. He is an Italian mafiosa capo (mafia boss) and is the most strongest, powerful and th...
2.3M 83.1K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
2.5M 90.9K 63
(BOOK 2 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) EXCERPT: "I don't get you. At times you're trying to kill me and then you're seducing me. I can't seem to fig...
1M 10.3K 16
Running away from the dark past of her life, Sofia McCommer is determined to start new and prove her worth to her family by joining her family busine...