The Prince and His Slave

By luckycharms

Arius is the Prince of Egypt, the future Pharaoh. Everyone knows how great of a young man he is and he is res... More

Arius - [My Father, the Pharaoh of Egypt]
Chione - [I'm a Slave]
Arius - [The Green Eyed Girl]
Chione - [Clumsy Me]
Arius - [Ignorant Fool]
Chione - [The Throne Room]
Arius - [Names]
[Pharaoh In Training]
[The Banquet]
Chione - [The Doctor]
Arius - [Rudeness]
Chione - [The Garden]
Arius - [Reflection]
Chione - [The Ring]
Arius - [Respect]
[Happiness]
[Dancing]
[Realization]
Arius - [Brothers]
[Perfect]
Arius - [The Return of the Pharaoh]
Chione - [The Prince's Chamber]
Arius - [The Son of The Pharoah]
Chione - [My Mothers Name]
[Sleep]
Arius - [Die]
Chione - [The Queen of Egypt]
Arius- [Birthday Present]
[Imaginary Knife]
Chione - [Crying Make Everything Better]
Arius - [Emerald Eyes]
Chione - [The Beautiful Beggar Boy]
Chione - [Sword Fight]
Arius - [Another Birthday Gift]
Chione - [Frustration]
Arius - [Reputation]
[The Expected, but Unexpected Guest]
[Rumors]
Tabia - [Oh My Dear Ra.]
[Hidden]
[Unrequited Love]
Arius - [Family Reunion]
Arius - [The Good People Always Die]
[Execution]
Arius - [Punishments]
[No Time for Jokes]
Arius - [Faceless Figure]
Arius - [Emptiness]
Arius - [It's Back]
Arius - [Unexpected Guest]
[All of Egypt is watching]
Arius - [A Birth and a Death]
Tabia - [It's Perfect]
The Prince and His Slave - REWRITTEN

Arius - [The Truth]

30K 638 53
By luckycharms

I felt really happy that she was here, sitting in front of me, in my arms. I knew she didn’t want to be there but at least now I could explain everything to her, so now she would understand. I didn’t know where I was taking her, a nice, romantic place, I guess. 

       I eventually stopped my horse at a quiet place next to the Nile, far from the village. The river looked nice as it reflected the setting sun, there were two trees, the river, my horse, Alexandra and I. No one else was here, no one could hear, or see us.

       I got of my horse and helped Alexandra down too. She seemed to have no intention of talking to me. I guess she only came for that Haru guy’s sake. I felt a little jealous. No, I was very jealous.

       She crossed her arms and looked at the river. “If you have something to say spit it out. I want to go home.”

       I sighed and then looked at her ankle. I was pleased to see that she still wore the anklet which I had giver her. Well, I guess Subira was the one who gave it to her. “Alexandra, you’re jumping to conclusions. I want you to tell me what made you believe that I would betray you like that?”

       She shrugged, “The proof, I guess.”

       “What proof?” I asked.

       “The Princess of Syria, the fact that she was standing right there in front of me, I would call that living proof that you are engaged to her. Don’t tell me you aren’t.” She began to raise her voice.

       I sighed. “I won’t, because we are engaged.” I said, looking straight at her back.

       She didn’t move. “Then what…” She whispered, I hardly heard her.

       “Pardon?” I asked.

       “Then what do you expect me to think?” She yelled. “Did you think that I would feel as if I were kissed by god? Of course I would feel betrayed!” She turned back around as soon as the tears began to flow out of her big, green eyes and of course, her knife stabbed me in the heart, again. She wiped her tears and then said. “I don’t want to hear any more, I ask you to take me home.”

       “You don’t understand, Alexandra.”

       “I don’t care, take me home.” She repeated.

       “Please, just—” I started,

       “No! I said take me home! I don’t want to talk!”

       I closed my eyes as she continued to shout at me. I waited for her to stop, but she just kept going. I began to get frustrated. She screamed and shrieked like I was going to kill her or something; I opened my eyes and grabbed her arm.

Listen to me!” I yelled, breaking through her noise.

       She stared at me, shocked. I let go of her arm and she stepped backwards. I put my hand on my head and sighed, “Sorry,” I said.

       She turned back around and faced the Nile.

       We stood there quietly for a moment, the silence was killing me, so I was the one to break it.

       “It wasn’t my choice.” I said softly as I walked up to her. I saw her head spring up; I hoped that was a good sign. I stepped up, right behind her and wrapped my arms around her from the back.

       I could tell, when she hesitated, that she was about to try and fight me off, but she dropped her hands.

       I pressed my cheek against hers. “It’s all my father’s doing.” I said. “Apparently the King of Syria is ill and he may pass away soon. My father took that to his advantage, so he made an agreement with the King, saying that he will marry me to the Princess. If that comes to pass then my father can take over Syria, that’s what he wants and he did all of this without my consent. I didn’t even know about it until, about, two days ago.”

       Alexandra lifted her head up and looked at the sky.

       “You’re the only girl that I have ever let inside my heart Alexandra, and you’re the only one who will ever be allowed in. I would never betray you, and I hate that I have hurt you. I understand that you have a reason to be upset but I just want you to know that I will do anything to stop this marriage. I will not love anyone but you, and I will definitely not marry anyone but you.” I closed my eyes hoping that she would say something.

       I opened my eyes when I felt something wet tickle my cheek. I looked at Alexandra and saw the tears. I sighed and then opened my mouth to say sorry,

       “I’m sorry.” She said before me. She turned herself around to face me. “I’m so sorry! I can’t believe I doubted you.” She wrapped her arms around me and pressed her face into my chest.

       She then looked up at me and pressed her forehead against mine. “Please forgive me.”

       I smiled at her. “I’m the one to blame”

       She shook her head. “Stop trying to be nice.”

       I laughed.

       There was a short silence.

       “Do you think this is right?” She asked me.

       “Do I think what is right?” I asked, confused.

       She looked into my eyes. “Do you think that the fact that you are here with me, alone, when you are engaged to someone else is right?” She asked.

        “Why? Do you think this is wrong to be with the girl I love?” I asked her.

       She looked away, and shrugged. “Something doesn’t feel right. Even if you love me, you are engaged to her.”

       “But I love you!” I said. I pulled her closer to me, and felt her hesitation. I then let her go, feeling hurt.

       I then realized that she knew that she had hurt me, so she warped her arms around my neck. I held her in my arms, but there was a small gap between us, which made me sigh. I pulled her a bit closer to me. “If you feel this isn’t right, tell me to stop now.” I said, as I kissed her neck.

       She didn’t respond.

       I moved my lips up and traced her jaw bone. “Or now.”

       Still no response.

       I then kissed her cheek. I could hear her loud heartbeat; I hoped that she wasn’t mad at me. I slowly moved my lips closer to hers. “Or n—”

       She pulled herself right against me and pressed her lips against mine. I was shocked for a bit, but then came back to my senses. I closed my eyes and kissed her back. Her lips felt soft against mine and her loud heart seemed to calm down and beat steadily. Her hair felt silky in my fingers and she smelled a lot like flowers. For some reason, it felt as if her thin body fit perfectly in my arms, like we were meant to be together. She didn’t seem to hesitate at all and she kissed me passionately. I smiled to myself because it felt as if everything really was going to be okay.

       This time, she was the one to pull away. “We better get going; Tabia is going to get mad.” She said smiling at me.

       I sighed, but nodded, “Yes, you’re right.” I said as I put my arm around her waist and guided her to my horse. “Who is this Haru, anyway?” I asked when I remembered he would be waiting too.

       “He’s a new friend.” She said, looking up at me.

       I nodded my head. “Oh, okay.” I said. I didn’t want to make her feel like I was over protective.

       I helped her up onto my horse, this time I sat in the front, mainly because I wanted her to hold onto me. As I wished, she did. She wrapped her arms around me and rested her head on my shoulder.

       The horse didn’t go too fast, I think he knew that I wanted to spend time with Alexandra. I smiled and patted him on his head.

       “Hey, Arius?” Alexandra called,

       “Yes?”

       “Is it true that you’re spending your nights with Princess Kiana?” She asked, with a little bit of strain in her voice.

       “What?” I said, it sounded more like a shriek, because my voice reached I pitch I never knew it could reach.

       “Is it true or not?” She asked.

       I raised an eyebrow. “Of course it isn’t! I’ve got better thing to do with my nights then spend it with… her!” I remembered the day she came over, was she referring to that? Then again, you wouldn’t call that ‘spending my nights’ with her.

       Alexandra laughed, “Better things to do with your nights huh, like?” She asked.

       I smiled. “One word, sleep.”

       She laughed loudly.

       “Why did you ask that? Who told you that?” I asked, curiously. I didn’t like this rumor.

       “I just heard. What are you going to do about Kiana?”

       “She’s a nice girl. She’s getting involved in this big mess because of my father’s insanity, she doesn’t deserve any of this.” I said, scowling.

       Alexandra scoffed. “Nice girl? You think she’s a nice girl?”

       I was shocked with Alexandra’s reaction, “She is.”

       “Arius! She is evil! Pure evil!” She said. I heard the anger in her voice.

       “Alexandra, you don’t need to be jealous. I already told you that I only love you!” I said, jokingly.

       She immediately pulled her arms away and put them on my shoulders, she sat as far away from me as she could, “Jealous? I’m jealous?” She yelled, “She’s a witch Arius!”

       I rolled my eyes. “Alexandra…” I started.

       “Wait a second. I know what she’s doing, she wants this to happen.” She said. I didn’t know if she was still talking to me, but whoever she was talking to, I was happy because she pulled back closer to me and hugged me tighter. “She wants you to think that she’s an angel and she’s going to act like a total witch around me, so when I tell you, you’ll get mad at me, and then we’ll fight.” Alexandra laughed. “Well too bad witch, I know what your plan is.”

       “Alexandra, you still with me?” I asked, getting a bit worried.

       She kissed my cheek, making my heart jump. “Don’t worry Arius, her plan won’t work.” She said, hugging me tightly.

       I had no clue what she was talking about, but that really didn’t matter right now.

       On the rest of the way, Alexandra told me about Haru’s excitement for me becoming Pharaoh and everything else they talked about. I was beginning to really like this boy.

       Tabia scowled at me when we returned, “What took you so long!” She said. Her scowl immediately turned into and ear to ear grin when I winked at her. “Nice to hear!” She said, even though I didn’t say anything.

       I jumped off the horse and helped Alexandra down. “I think it’s best for you to ride with Tabia back to the palace.”

       Alexandra nodded her head. “And Haru?”

       I looked at him and smiled. “We never had a proper introduction,” I said walking up to him. I held my hand out “I am Arius.”

       He looked at my hand but bowed. “It’s an honor to meet you, my Prince! I’m Haru”

       I laughed. “Alright Haru, you can come with me.”

       Haru and I returned to the palace on my horse and Alexandra went with Tabia. I requested a guard to return to horses to their sheds and then took Haru to the slave quarters.

       As we walked through the hallways he looked around at everything with wide eyes, absolutely amazed at what he saw.

       “Haru, is there anything that you are good at doing?” I asked him.

       He shook is head, “Not really.” He said, looking embarrassed,

       I smiled. “Is there anything you like?”

       “Well, people, I like working around people.” He said.

       I stopped, and thought for a second. I came up with a great idea. “Come this way.” I said, turning around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

824K 24.3K 33
*COMPLETED* Annalise(Ann) had a simple life. A loving family, and a roof over her head. But when that is taken away, when the king and his men destro...
36.6K 1K 47
" I don't care what will everyone think of you . Do you like me ? " He asked and I looked at him . And I nodded my head into a yes . " I need your wo...
1.1M 38.5K 32
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** He was nothing like other men that she'd met in her life. He was different. She knew he was. But he was forbidden. She w...
74.8K 10.6K 70
By accident rather than design, Trueth - one of the last European witches - finds herself in an ancient Egyptian civilisation. It isn't quite what sh...