Classroom Of The Elite : The...

By Crystalcursed

This is my first fic and I've no plans to update it any sooner. And believe me, even I cringe at some parts. ... More

Some Words Before You Start
Prologue - Is Society Equal
Chapter 1-Class D
Chapter 2-The beginning
Chapter 3-The Truth
Chapter 5-A New Acquaintance
Chapter 6-The Midterms
Chapter 7-The Midterms (Part 2)
Epilogue
Volume-2
Chapter 1-Trouble
Chapter 2-The Idol
Chapter 3-Curiosity
Chapter 4-Betrayal?
Chapter 5-Trial
Epilogue
Special Chapter-The mysterious Kouhai
Volume 3
Chapter 1-Freedom
Chapter 2-Plans
Chapter 3-Special Exam-Part 1
Chapter 4-Special Exam-Part 2
Chapter 5-Special Exam-Part 3
Chapter 6-Special Exam-Part 4
Chapter 7-Special Exam-Part 5
Epilogue
Special Chapter - Aftermath of the Island Test
Volume 4
Chapter 1-The Mischievous Sprite
Chapter 2-The Sports Festival
Chapter 3-A Painful Memory
Chapter 4-Nagumo Miyabi
Chapter 5-The Thorn in our Side
Chapter 6-Ibuki And The Pervert
Chapter 7-Sudo's Rage
Chapter 8-Ayanokouji's Blunder
Chapter 9-Counterfeit
Chapter 10-The Battle between the three years
Epilogue
Special Chapter - The Face Of A Monster
Special Chapter - The Face of An Angel
Volume 5
Chapter 1 - The Game Of Truth And Lies
Chapter 2 - Suspicion Arise
Chapter 3 - Exposed
Chapter 4 - The End Of Peaceful Life
Epilogue
Special Chapter - The True Him
A.N. The 50th Chapter
Volume 6
Chapter 1 - A New Friend
Chapter 2 - A New Challenge
Chapter 3 - Beneath the Sunset
Chapter 4 - The Battle For Class A
Chapter 5 - Preparation
Chapter 6 - Not Alone
Chapter 7 - Motive
Chapter 8 - A Can Of Beer
Chapter 9 - Expulsion
Epilogue
Special Chapter - Someone He Can Trust
Volume 7
Chapter 1 - Secrets
Chapter 2-The Cold Eyes
Ship Confirmed
Chapter 3-The Hiyori Group
Epilogue
Volume 8
Chapter 1 - Something Special
So...

Chapter 4-Class A

11.8K 304 235
By Crystalcursed

Horikita POV

I didn't want to agree with chabashira Sensei but she was stating simple facts and I couldn't find words to disagree with her.And what did she mean by class of defectives.Was she telling the truth.And even if it was the truth,why is the school using such method.Well I do have to agree that academics don't make a person but I was above average in sports as well.Still,why was I put in class of defectives.What defect might I have.Well there was one, isolation from people.But is it really a defect.It didn't affect anything.Wait does the school know that I was kind of alone for last 8 years.If yes then,how do they know.No it can't be.I can't accept this.If I'm put in class D then I would never be able to catch up to my brother.

"But still I think my assignment to class D is wrong and I'm going to ask the school office."I said to her.

"As you are now horikita,you really don't stand a chance against class A."she started laughing

I was shocked.She was seriously underestimating me.

"Excuse me"

"Fine as your teacher I'll give you an advice for you to reach to class A.Who knows key to reaching Class A lies in your class itself."

What was she talking about.

"You know horikita there are some people who are happy staying in Class D."

What.Then what was the meaning of staying in this school.

"If you play your cards right you might make them help you reach Class A."

Huh.Enough of this as I was about to leave she called me.

"I would like you to see one such key in reaching Class A."

Seriously what was she talking about.I can't think of a person who has such capabilities, atleast in our class.Well there may be some people.But sensei seems to know someone.But why bother me.Just who is this key she is talking about.Is it that self acclaimed class Leader.What was his name again,Hirata.Or was it Kushida.Then suddenly one name came in mind.Koenji ?

But the name who came from sensei's mouth was a new one.

"Ayanakoji come out of there,if you don't want to be expelled."

Who is this guy.

Then from the backdoor a familiar face came out with his emotionless face.What?this person was supposed to be the key.

Ayanakoji POV

I had no choice but to enter.When I entered I realised that the said person was actually my neighbour.I made my way and faced my sensei.

"You know ayanakoji,you are quite interesting."

"What does that mean sensei."

"There was a Student who scored 50 in all subjects.You scored 50 in this quiz too.Was it intentional?"

"Coincidences can be freaky"

"I see then how do you explain your maths exam.There was one question which only 2 students were able to solve.One was from class A and the other was you wasn't it."

A smile appeared on her face.

"I might have gotten lucky,who knows."

Meanwhile horikita was listening,half shocked and half thoughtful expression on her face.She entered the conversation

"Was it really a coincidence?"

"Can you prove it wasn't a coincidence"I replied with no change in expression.

"_"She didn't reply.

"Well ayanakoji,can you please explain why horikita was sorted into your class.Stop pretending if you don't want me revealing any more than this.."

What the hell.Did she know about him. No that isn't possible but if she knows something else that won't be good for me.Its better if such things remain hidden from class.Well it won't hurt telling this girl about her selection in class D.

"Fine"I sighed

"Wait you know it?"Horikita interrupted

"It's just my theory."

"Then why didn't you report it to the class."

"Again it was just a theory,and to whom I could've explained my theory.Did you saw me talking to anyone during this month?"

"You could've told me"

"Sorry but we didn't even know each other and when I opened conversation last time your arrogance came in between.And your arrogance would have reached its height if you have listened to my theory."

Was I little harsh.No it doesn't matter,I have to be hard.To break the shell of arrogance of her.

"What are you saying"Horikita replied clearly frustrated

"From the first day I knew something wasn't right.When I saw the higher years behaviour towards Class D I became sure that something was seriously wrong.Then I decided to find out the criteria of our assignment.Was there some kind of motive for putting us in different classes.When I saw the results of the recent quiz,our class had students scoring very high scores.From that I concluded the criteria for our assignment was not based on academics."

Horikita looked kinda surprised but I didn't care so I continued,

"I came to know that people of class A were indeed high scorers but I came across a very interesting point.The people in class D have one thing in common."

"And what might it be ?"Chabashira sensei asked with grim on her face

I sighed and replied,"All people in Class D are the defective products of this school.Sudou has a defect of his obsession with sports and his irrational behaviour.Koenji has his ego problem.And you horikita,Have a defect of evaluating yourself above others."

There was a silence which was broken by chabashira Sensei.She started clapping,"Splendid ayanakoji,you truly are something aren't you."

"Sorry sensei but I don't understand what are you trying to speak."

"Now ayanakoji stop hiding it,we both know you were the one who started the rumour that class D isn't getting sufficient information from their homeroom teacher.Werent you?"

Flashback
1 Week ago

I was on my way to dormitory when I saw kamuro.Well it won't hurt saying hello to her.
"Hey kamuro, where are you headed to?"

"You again.Dont you have anything to do"

"Well I don't.Can you employ me."I tried to tease her

"Yes you are always welcome to become my personal servant.Interested?"I messed with the wrong woman

"Sorry but I'm happy the way I am"

"I see,that's quite unfortunate."

"So how is it going on in your class."

"You know last time at that dinner your spying was rather straightforward just like now.Why do you think I'm going to tell you."

"Well is there something worth spying in your class?"

"Huh what are you talking about."

"In our class there is nothing worth spying.No interesting strategies or any of that things.We Havent even got a leader.Well Our sensei gave us a lot of information about the s-system and I think this system is much complicated than we think."

"Well I agree with you,we need to keep our behaviour in check or there might be implications on the points."

Bullseye.Getting information from her is the easiest.She thinks I'm the last person who will do something for my class and I don't know why but there is some reason she is not very careful while speaking to me.Well I think she trusts me and I think this is a good thing.Maybe she considers me as a friend.Well never mind that.She just said that behaviour has implications on points.Looking at her I could tell that she was honest. So that was how it is.Our sensei is hiding something from us.Well I should not try to take more information as she might become suspicious.But why was sensei hiding information.Guess I would need to find out.

"Hey,why are you spacing out."kamuro called to me breaking me from my thoughts.

"No just wondering if you are acting to be mean.Now that I'm talking to you,you are actually very comfortable and charming to speak to."

"Wh..what?what are you saying."She said with a slight blush on her cheeks.She really looked cute when she was flustered.

We parted ways and I made my way to the school to meet my sensei.

In School office
I knocked on the door.Sensei called me in and asked me.It seemed that she was little happy on seeing me but I brushed the thoughts away.

"Hello Sensei.I actually had a question from you?"

"Yes go ahead"

"How can one reach Class A."

Sensei looked a little disappointed but honestly I didn't care how she felt about me.

"Why are you asking such stupid questions.I told you all yesterday didn't I.Earn points and reach class A."

"Sensei it seems you have not heard my question.I asked how 'one' can reach Class A.I never mentioned reaching Class A with the whole class."

"And why do you think there is another way?"

"You said it yourself that day didn't you, Points can buy you anything in this school."

Sensei started laughing."You are very interesting ayanakoji.Yes there is a way,but stop thinking about that way, because till date no one has actually executed that shortcut way.Why you ask? Because the cost to advance to class A is 20 million which is nearly impossible even for a class A student."

Hmm.So that is how it is.But I don't understand why she was saying me to stop thinking about that way.Was there a motive?Did she think I would use that way to reach Class A.But the next sentence showed a total contradiction as she mentioned that no one has managed to use that way.Does she think I can collect those points.If she thought that,then there is a possibility that she knows something about me.Is she doubting me.No I haven't done anything peculiar since I entered this school.Well I scored 50 in all subjects as it was the only way to attract attention of the invilligators so I could get admitted into this academy.But It seems that way worked but also backfired a bit.It seems to have tweaked too much of curiosity or so it seems.It is quite possible my theory is incorrect but from what I have seen of Chabashira sensei,her way of addressing the class,her way of handling announcement's she seems to be cunning.I will have to keep eye on her.

"Hmmm,I see.Well then sensei I have gotten what I wanted so I shall take my leave now."I stated and started to leave

"Ayanakoji I didn't ask you to leave yet."

Huh

I just turned towards her and stood there quietly.

She started speaking,
"Ayanakoji I want you to work towards reaching Class A."

"Well I am working just like every other student."I replied in my usual monotonous voice.

"If you don't work than I will use everything in my power to make you work."

"_" I stared at her blankly and began to leave but before I could leave.

"Ayanakoji I still haven't given you the permission to leave."

I stopped again.

"Sensei can I please leave"

"Yes you can leave,after handing over that voice recording on your phone."

"_"

"Well In case you are thinking of blackmailing me I should warn you that I know a lot about your past than anyone else in the Class.I won't hesitate to contact him you know."

Third Person POV

Ayanakoji stopped dead in his tracks.He turned to face Chabashira sensei.When chabashira looked at him a shiver ran through her,but maintained her face as it was her only chance to take grasp of the existence named 'Ayanakoji kiyotaka'.

Ayanakoj's golden eyes stared at her.It looked as if those eyes were seeing right through her.She only saw darkness in those eyes.No emotion.Those eyes were very cold pushing the person right into a endless Abyss of darkness.

Chabashira sensei was starting to feel uncomfortable.Before she could lose her calm demeanor ayanakoji handed over the phone and she regained some confidence.She deleted the voice recording.She searched the videos and found her suspicion was correct.He was recording video and audio both but she saw through it as this has happened to her once.

She gave the phone back to him.

And without saying a word he started to leave but when he reached the door he stopped and looked back at his sensei and his cold eyes returned and he told her

"Sensei you may regret trying to manipulate me."and left without another word.

But Chabashira sensei didn't care as her life was already full of regrets.But she again started thinking, what if he came to know the truth.Before that happens she has to find out his past as fast as possible.She has to find out who exactly he is.Or it might be too late.

Ayanakoji POV

I continued on my way to the dorms when I saw a girl worriedly walking in front of the dorms.Her face seemed anxious.Then I remembered her as the girl who stood beside the Student Council President in the entrance ceremony.She might be someone important.Well it didn't matter.As I was about to leave someone called me.When I turned back.It was the same girl.

"Umm hello."

"Uh hi."

"Are you a first year?"

"Um yes Senpai." I replied

"Which class?" She asked.

"D" I replied.

She sighed in relief and asked,"Do you know a student named 'Ayanakoji kiyotaka'?"

What?Tell me if this isn't awkward.

"Well it seems you have found him.I am ayanakoji kiyotaka.Did you have some business with me?"

Tachibana POV

"Oh sorry"

What an awkward encounter.Nevermind.

"I went to the dorms but I didn't find you so I came to ask for you.The student council president is asking your presence."

He looked at me with visible confusion on his face.Well cant blame him.

Earlier at the student council office

"Tachibana."the student council president called me.

"Yes horikita San"

"I want you to call a student to meet me."

"Um who is he?"I asked.

"Ayanakoji kiyotaka,1st year Class D."

"Huh did he do something"I asked him as I knew that president never called anyone personally.It was quite rare.

"No but he has caught my interest."

Now that's something.A first year managed to catch his interest well I do feel a little jealous but it can't be helped I think.

"Tell him to meet me at 11pm at the 1st years Dorm courtyard.And don't bother him if he refuses.I will myself go to meet him."

What.I have never seen Horikita San so interested about meeting someone.Just what have horikita San found.

Return to Tachibana and ayanakoji's conversation

This student looked ordinary but I don't think he is.Because I believe to that horikita San would never make a mistake but still I felt him to be totally ordinary.

"So are you going to go?"

Ayanakoji POV

Well there was no reason to refuse so I agreed and she gave me name and location to meet him.

I went back to the dorm and started fiddling with my phone.Well I never expected it to have any message.I only had kamuro's contact which she had given me once when I called her to cafe.Well she gave me without hesitation stating she could cash in the favour.Well I remembered I had to do any favour she asks for me calling her to cafe.So it seems I earned her contact information at a cost.

At 10:53 PM

Well I left my room to head over to the dormroom courtyard.When I reached there I saw a person wearing glasses standing there with arms crossed and his straight and intimidating demeanor on.

"Hello Senpai,you needed to see me."

"Well I just wanted to meet you."

"Oh,I don't want to be rude but why did you call me specifically."

"I wonder." He replied

"_" I kept quiet unsure how to react.

He broke the silence,"Ayanakoji,I need to ask you and I hope you answer honestly."

"I'll try my best to answer"

"You intentionally scored 50 in all subjects, didn't you?"

When I looked at him I saw his confidence.Those eyes told me that he will not take no for answer.Well he had a unique aura and was enough to make any other person nervous.So I decided not to try to fool him as he won't believe him.

"Well yes I scored them intentionally."

"Such a clever strategy to drag attention to yourself. Just how much did you know about the school education policy. But I think you figured it on your own."

"No I didn't think this ahead. You are reading too much into this. I just want to live an ordinary life and stay away from trouble." I said honestly.

"I see" He replied.

He adjusted his glasses and just stared at me with complete hostility. 

"Ayanokouji, do you practice something, Your muscles are quite developed for an Highschooler who avoids trouble. Also your marks are a different story. It seems you are quite extraordinary than the entire first year." He said in a stern tone.

Maybe he was evaluating me? But he had no reason to unless,

"Yes, I used to practice piano and calligraphy. My arm strength might have something to do with it. Moreover my father was in Army so genes might have to do something with it." I said and looked at him. But he wasn't even a bit fooled.

"I see, I expect great things from you ayanakouji"

I stared at him with bored expression and said, "You are overestimating me Senpai."

He just grinned at my response

Then a idea stuck in my mind and I remembered my conversation with chabashira Sensei.Why not have a little fun with her.

"Senpai if you don't mind can you do me a favor."

"As long as it is acceptable." I was surprised when he accepted it.

"You control the student council handle on the school forum, right.I want you to put a announcement."

"Do you know what you are asking. The school administration will look into this if I post something unreasonable on the forums."

"That's what I want Senpai. And don't worry this isn't unreasonable at all."

I told him what I wanted him to post. He grinned at me.

"Ayanakoji it seems you are ready to take on even the teachers. But I don't mind your request."

I knew the administration won't look in the matter as it concerned school staff but it will send a message to my dear sensei. And that's why I asked him to send. If I had not met him today I would have done it through Kushida as she is the most popular throughout the year. But it seems I have hit jackpot.

Sensei you better understand.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

End of flashback (Back to conversation between Ayanakouji, Horikita and Chabashira Sensei)

Ayanakouji POV

"Sensei I really don't know what you are talking about."

"Well I don't have any evidence to prove it otherwise. Whoever the student was had contacts with the student council."

Horikita was listening the conversation but she didn't understand what was the connection between that forum announcement and me. Well I didn't care and was not going to tell anyone that story.

"So Sensei can I leave" I asked her.

"Fine be on your way both of you." Chabashira sensei replied and went back to her work loosing her interest in us.

Horikita who couldn't understand anything started to leave and I not wanting to answer any questions hurried.

Till she caught my hand

"You there, wait." She called out me,

"What business you might have with me Horikita San" I asked her in a little irritated tone.

"Why are you intentionally doing this. If you are so smart then why are you hiding it." She asked me.

"I seriously don't know what you are talking about." I just brushed off her question with a bored expression. I still had my phone in the hand. 

"Don't act smart ayanakouji Kun" She said sternly while taking a step towards me.

"_"I was getting annoyed so I stayed silent.

"See I don't care what you think but I want you to assist me in reaching class A."

At least ask politely. The hell. She seems to be demanding.

"I am already helping." I said calmly.

"I want you to work as my aide. Just follow my orders so we can move up the ladder." She said in a commanding tone.

Wait. Did I hear correct?

"Sorry, did I hear it right. Are you thinking of me as a pawn?"

"Yes" She replied in a matter of a fact tone.

I looked ahead and continued walking and she kept following me till she grabbed my hand again.

"I didn't hear your answer."

"I refuse to work under someone. And isn't that a little pathetic considering you just said some time ago that you deserve to be in Class A."

"I see. You know it very well that if you don't agree with me than I will have no choice but to reveal the conversation I had with Chabashira Sensei and tell everyone that it was you who scored 50 in all subjects. I wonder what will happen to your peaceful life."

"They won't believe you at all. Tell me one person who talks to you." I simply said in bored fashion. And

I looked back at her and showed her the phone. The call was on.

When she saw the name she was shocked.

Horikita manabu
In call 4:53 minutes

I put it on speaker and asked him "Did you hear that Horikita Senpai."

"Yes I did hear that." Reply came from the other side.

Horikita was shocked when she heard her brother's voice. She started sweating bullets. She had never expected. I had an idea of there relationship when I saw her looking at him with nervousness on the day of assembly. But I didn't  She must be thinking that her brother thinks her as incompetent for depending on help for me. Such relationships are very complicated. People chasing your shadow continuously can frustrate any person.

He didn't say anything more as I hanged up the call. What horikita was doing was nothing wrong. She was trying to utilize her resources of class to reach class A. But the way she was doing was unacceptable. She was considering herself above all the class. I need to break her overconfidence and make her realize her own incompetence. She needs to grow. And I will help her grow.
I knew that she was little uncomfortable with her brother but I can't risk my identity so I had to exploit their unhealthy relationship. Well I will certainly help them in mending their relationship but that will be in future when she becomes more confident. I don't know when that time will come but I knew Horikita could do it and I will help her to do it.

Well I was planning to play some role in reaching upper classes But that was only to help this class grow. I had no interest in reaching Class A.I will do only one job, at least for now. To grow this class and make it competent. In future my role may change. It might be the central role, behind the scenes roles or no role at all. Who knows? But Horikita, you will be the one to lead this class, not me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Third Person POV

Chabashira sensei is looking at a message with a serious look on her face. She had just received a warning from the school two days ago. She sighed when she saw the message once again

School Forum

Sender: Anonymous

Afflitiation: Student Council, ANHS

Posted 6 days ago
Class D homeroom teacher is intentionally hiding information from her students.

"Ayanokouji, whatever you do. I will do everything in my power to reach Class A"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A.N. Well this was a very long chapter. I decided to write the whole flashback in one chapter as tachibana has more conversations with ayanokouji in my version. Do tell me how you thought about this chapter in the comments)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.5K 35
Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, the sole survivor of the demonic 4th generation and the Masterpiece of the White room, has passed his final examination. But, du...
6.6K 277 13
""So, Mr. Ayanokoji, have you had any changes in your emotional state over the past few days?" I ask the boy right in front of me." The Whiteroom is...
142K 4.4K 24
This is a Classroom Of The Elite Fanfic. Disclaimer: I don't own the original story, it belongs to Shōgo Kinugasa. This is just a fanfic based on the...
70.9K 2.4K 23
Hey there everyone this is my first fanfic so go easy on me ..... that aside this an Ayanokoji X Ichinose fanfiction . Judging by the description you...