Mentors (An Everlark Fanfic)

By effiesbutt

PSA: THIS IS TRASH!!! THIS IS ACTUAL SHIT!!! THIS IS INCFEDIBLY FUCKING BADLY WRITTEN, IM JUST KEEPING THIS... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Little A/U cause y'all are stupid (jkjk but seriously)
Author's Note (kill me i know)
Chapter 40 (Epilogue)
P U R E

Chapter 25

4.4K 134 201
By effiesbutt

Katniss' POV
Raze has his three hour interview today. To be honest, I wouldn't mind ditching it. I know that all the questions will be about Nova and Ylja, and I don't feel like watching an uncomfortable teenager for three hours.

"Katniss?" Peeta says.

"Mmh?" I say, my face buried in Peeta's bare chest.

"Do you wanna do something else than watch an uncomfortable teenager for three hours tonight?"

"Yes!" I exclaim, looking up from his chest.

"Great, because I already have the perfect evening planned. But, until then, what should we do?"

"Lay around and make out," I joke, even though there is some truth to it.

"If that's what you want," Peeta chuckles as an answer.

"That's what I want," I grin, before pulling his face as close to mine, as it can come. When I feel his lips on mine, I instantly want more of him. I just want more. The hunger have never been this strong, and it makes me deepen the kiss very quickly, probably too quickly, because Peeta pulls away, and looks weirdly at me.

"Woah."

"What?"

"Um, you, um, I don't know. Nevermind." I just made Peeta Mellark speechless. Waow.

He leans in again, and I do too. Whenever his lips touch mine, I feel so happy. So complete. So pure. Peeta makes me feel so pure and perfect. He makes me feel the way he sees me. I hope that he feels like what I see him as, when we kiss. Genuine. Good. Kind. Warm. Perfect. Pure.

Pure.

As I am resting on cloud nine (which is just Peeta's body) I hear a door fly open.

"Oh.." I hear a familiar, raspy voice behind me. You too, Haymitch?

"DOES NOBODY KNOW HOW TO KNOCK?"'I groan loudly, rolling off of Peeta.

"I did knock. Several times. But all I heard were loud moans. I actually expected something more. I'm a little disappointed," Haymitch laughs.

"Haymitch, that's really gross," Peeta points out.

"I'm kidding. Now come on. You two have some mentoring to do."

I roll off the bed, and move towards Haymitch, Peeta behind me.

"Don't forget to put on some goddamn clothes, nudists!" Haymitch groans, walking out of the bedroom, and close the door.

I look at myself and Peeta, and realize that we're only in our underwear. I walk over to the closet, pick out a flowy dress, and toss a pair of sweatpants and a shirt to Peeta. I pull on my dress, and walk over to Peeta, as his face disappears in the shirt. When his head sticks out from the hole for his head, I peck his lips quickly, feeling him smiling from the gesture.

"Didn't get enough before?" Peeta jokes.

"We were moaning?" I whisper to him, ignoring his comment.

He shrugs, swings his arm around my waist, and pulls me out of the room.

When we join Haymitch, he walks up besides me, and asks quietly, with a big grin on his face: "How long have this been going on?"

"Like since we came here. But it first got serious a little after the wedding."

"I knew it would happen at some point," Haymitch grins to himself.

"Peeta and I?"

"Katniss, you're a horrible actor. It wasn't hard to see that you love Peeta, and that you didn't know you loved him."

Peeta smiles down to me, and kisses me softly.

"Don't forget to use protection! We don't need The Girl On Fire to have children at 17."

My eyes grow five sizes bigger, and Peeta looks at Haymitch.

"Haymitch, why are you so gross today?"

And with Peeta's comment, Haymitch walks fast in front of us, chuckling to himself.

When we enter Raze's apartment, Effie comes running to greet us. When she sees me and Peeta, she looks weirdly at us, and turn around.

"Let's go to the living room, where Raze is waiting," Effie says, avoiding looking at Peeta and I.

Raze looks terrible. It's not hard to tell that he hasn't slept or eaten in forever. And he hasn't showered either. His eyes are red and droopy from crying. At first I want to tell him to go take a shower and eat something, but then I think about the fact that I would probably have reacted the same way, if not worse, if Peeta and Prim died, only a few days apart.

"Raze?" I ask softly, letting go of Peeta. He's going through heartbreak, and the last thing he probably wants to see, is the two people who tricked the Capitol into get both of them out of the arena, because of their love.

I sit down besides him in the couch where he is sitting, and wait for him to look at me.

"Raze, please, look at me. I understand that your pain right now, but even though I know that it will be extremely hard, you have to give the Capitol your best smile, and act like everything is oka--"

"No, you do not know my pain. Last time I checked, both Peeta and your sister were alive. You don't understand shit. You're just here to be a distraction, so people forget what the real problems are. You're just here to live happily ever after with Peeta. You're just another part of the freakshow. And I don't fucking want to participate. So if you would just shut the fuck up and leave, I can be alone, and go through the pain I need to go through. I don't even know why you two are here. I won. You did your job. Now, fuck off. You don't even care about me, or Nova, or Ylja. You're just like the Capitol. You don't give a crap about children dying in that arena anymore. That's the only way you can win. If you don't give a fuck. Ylja told me that. But if you do, like Ylja and Nova did, you die."

"Raze, if we didn't care, do you think we would be here right now? We do care," Peeta spits at Raze, obviously tired of his attitude.

"You will have to be just like Katniss and I at some point, otherwise, your whole family is dead. And I think we can agree on that you have lost enough family members already, right?"
"Raze, we're sorry, but tonight, you have to put all your feelings aside, and smile to the cameras."

Raze looks angrily at Peeta, and I am afraid that he'll tell Peeta off, or that's he's really cold-hearted, or something, but instead, he gets up, and walks into the bathroom. Moments later, we hear the water from the shower running.

"I think we're done here," I say, grabbing Peeta's wrist, and pulling him out of the apartment.

---

Peeta and I are sitting in a car, driving to a beach that Peeta once found. He says that it's beautiful, and we'll have the perfect sunset view.

Under the flowy dress that I am wearing, I'm wearing a bikini. Peeta is only wearing his swimming trunks and a shirt. We also brought a bag with some bread, two towels, a blanket, and two pillows. I can already tell that this will be one of the most perfect evenings in my life.

We arrive at the beach, and we walk down to the water, hand in hand.

"We're just in perfect time to see the sunset," Peeta says, pointing out at the sun going down.

I pull out our towels, and place them on the sand. Then, I put a pillow on each towel. We sit down on a towel each, and wrap the blanket around both of us. I lean up against Peeta, as we watch the gorgeous sunset, and Peeta's favorite color dancing in the sky.

"It's beautiful, Peeta," I whisper. I feel his lips against my scalp, lightly pressing down, making me drown in happiness.

When the sunset is almost over, Peeta looks at me with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Wha--" Peeta throws me over his shoulder before I can finish, and I whine, as he runs out in the water.

He puts me down, and I pull up in my dress, so it won't get wet. Peeta pulls off his shirt, and looks at me, like he's waiting for me to do the same. So, I do. Peeta takes my dress, and throws our clothes back onto shore. His arms snake around my waist, and my arms wrap around his neck. He lifts me up again, and I swing my legs around his waist. He smiles to me, and I return his smile, before kissing him softly.
Just as I am buring myself in the kiss, I suddenly feel cold water surround me.

"Peeta!" I squel. I look up at him, and he is laughing like crazy, so I decide that he is not getting away with throwing me into the ocean. I grab his wrist, and pull him down to me, our faces as close as they can come without touching.

"You really thought you could get away with that?" I ask.

"Yes. But I clearly didn't." Next thing I know, we're kissing again.

---

"Are you excited to go back?" Peeta asks, with me in his arms.

"Not really."

"Why?"

"It's just going to be really weird. I mean, telling everyone," I mumble, scooting closer to Peeta.

"About us?"

I nod slowly, preparing for any reaction.

"Katniss, listen," he says, sitting up straight. "Listen, these last couple weeks have been the best weeks of my life. And I know that I don't really have any competition here, but do I have that back home? Katniss, are you doing all this because you feel bad for me? Or because we're married? If you don't want us to be together, please, just tell me, instead of doing this. If you don't love me, I understand. If you want to be with Gale, we'll find a way. All I want you to, is to be happy. Whether that is with me, or with someone else. I feel like I've been pushing you all this time. So, please, just tell me now: Do you really love me, or do you just feel guilty?"

He still doesn't believe that I love him? I love him so much, I really do. But I feel like kissing him or telling him, won't do it. He's been fooled by that so many times. After a short while of thinking, I finally know what I have to do.

"Peeta, I love you, okay? Deal with it. And I need you to be happy. Not Gale, or someone else. I love you, and only you. Please, just believe me."

Before he can answer, I kiss him intensely. I feel him kissing back, making a kind of hunger I have never felt before, stir inside of me.

I don't feel satisfied with what I am getting right now. I want more of him. I want every inch of him. I want every single inch of his body to be explored, felt, kissed.
I want him.

The kiss turns French, and I tackle him backwards, making me laying on top of him. His hand slide up to the bikini strap on my back, keeping the bikini together.
I break away, and start panting.

"Not.. Here.. Let's continue this back at the apartment." Peeta picks me up bridal style, and we run back to our car, forgetting about the stuff we brought.

---

I pull off Peeta's shirt, as he nervously asks: "Katniss, are you sure? Are you ready? I don't want to force you into anything."

"Peeta, are you not ready?" I ask, because I know my own answer. I am. I definitely am. As long as it is with him.

"Of course I am, but are you?"

"Peeta, as long as it's wit you, I am. I love you."

"I love y-" I cut him off by pulling off my bikini top, making me completely naked.
He looks confused at me, and then at my chest.

I press myself up against him, kissing him passionately again. I slowly begin to remove the last piece of clothing that I am wearing, and he also removes his swimming trunks. And we're naked. Just like that. Completely naked.

"I love you," he whispers, before attacking my neck and collarbone with his lips. I fall down on the bed, him on top of me.

When we melt together, being as close as we could ever be, becoming one person, I feel complete. All the empty holes I had in my life, has been filled out by Peeta melting together with me. We're one person, moving, acting and thinking as one person.

I knew that this night was going to be perfect, but never in my wildest dreams, I had thought that it would be this perfect.

Peeta is the only one for me, and he proved this tonight. I love him so much, and I will never be the right version if myself, if he is not by my side.

I love him.

I love Peeta Mellark.

---

Hiii.
Okay, what do you say after a scene like that? #EVERLARKSEXINESS I guess.
Update on the horrible posters: They are EVERYWHERE. And we have premiere Thursday, so I might not be able to update there. (I actually think that I am, since I wrote two chapters ahead, so idk, I might have time to update.)

🍬I'll hopefully see you soon, and don't forget to comment and vote!🍬
✨Sille

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508 68 18
Finnick Odair × OC (Fem) The 63rd Annual Hunger Games Won by an 18-year-old girl from District 5 and in doing so, she is added to the long generation...
191 17 10
"Maeve Darling Everdeen, you don't know the effect you have on people." Maeve is Katniss Everdeen's 16 year old sister. When Maeve's older sister mir...
399 19 1
One minute she was fighting Valg, the next in a house she doesn't know, clothes she doesn't own, and about to walk down to a square full of people to...
32.7K 997 36
**COMPLETED** Victors. Taken... tortured... brainwashed. Rebels. Angry... fighting... ready for battle. Snow. Prideful... torturing... killing. The...