It All Started With A Lie

By NightTime_Storiexs

You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfe... More

{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}
{34}
{35}
{36}
{37}
{38}
{39}
{40}
Epilogue

{8}

90.2K 3.3K 3.6K
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 8: (Ethan's POV)

I dialed her number for the third time, standing outside her house. I groaned, getting out of the car and ringing the doorbell five times. She answered the door, her earphones plugged in while she bobbed her head to the music. She waved at me before going back. 

I stared at her in confusion while she grabbed her shoes and slipped them on before picking up her bag. She came back to me and stopped, looking at me with a small frown. "What?" she asked. 

"I've called you like three times," I huffed. 

"Oh, I blocked your number, sorry, I'll unblock it right now." She pulled her phone out of her back pocket and unblocked my number, dangling her phone in my face. "There," she grinned. 

"You blocked my number?" I looked at her in disbelief, "You blocked your boyfriend's number?" I scoffed. 

"Boyfriends aren't supposed to reply with 'what's up?' when their girlfriend says 'it's an emergency.'" 

I rolled my eyes, "If we don't leave right now, we'll be late. Shall we, Oliver?" I asked. 

"Lead the way," she shrugged. We climbed into my car and I started driving to school. "You have to be a picture-perfect boyfriend from now onwards, Skylar has high expectations of you," she said while tying her shoes. 

"Why are we trying to convince your best friend of anything? I thought we're doing this in front of Justin and Annabelle?" I asked in confusion. 

"Yeah, but she started asking questions last night. When I told you it was an emergency and you replied with what's up? Remember?" she smiled at me sarcastically. 

"You're never letting that go, are you?" 

"Hmm," she said in response. 

"So, what exactly have you told Skylar?" I asked. 

"Well, she was asking me what kind of boyfriend you are and how suddenly my enemy became my boyfriend overnight. So, I had to tell her that we've been dating for two weeks and we didn't let anyone find out cause we didn't really want anyone knowing, that's what I implied anyway, and then she asked how you treat me," she looked at me. 

"And you said...?" 

"I said you're great, you're amazing, the best boyfriend ever. And you got me a... puppy?" 

"A puppy? No, I'm not getting you a dog," I shook my head. 

"A diamond ring?" she asked. 

"Are we getting married? No," I replied. 

She groaned, "Forget it," she shook her head. 

"I can get you... chocolate," I shrugged. 

"I don't like chocolate that much, sorry, I'm not a sweet food person," she said, scrunching up her nose. 

"A teddy then with roses," I glanced at her. 

She's not a chocolate person, she's a roses person. Noted. "Okay," she shrugged. I eyed her as we pulled into the school. She was staring out the window but I caught her smile. 

"You're a roses girl, I get it. You like the flowers, you like the teddies," I chuckled. 

"I just don't like chocolate," she turned to me, "It's too sweet. If you ever wanna get me food, I like spicy food and if you ever wanna get me candy, I like sour candy, gummy bears are the exception," she said. 

"Gummy bears, okay," I nodded.

"What about you?" she asked. 

"What about me?" I questioned while turning the car off after parking it. 

"Are you a chocolate person?" 

"You'll get me chocolate?" I stared at her. 

"What? Girlfriends don't get their boyfriends chocolate?" She arched a brow at me. 

"Not usually," I mumbled. 

"I'm the exception," she grinned, flipping her hair over her shoulder while I got out and went to her side, opening the door, already noticing the people around us watching. "So, do you like chocolate or not?" she asked. 

"I mean, yeah. I like chocolate. I like chips more though," I shrugged. 

"Chips and chocolate. Okay," she nodded while I took her bag from her and held onto it. "If I would have known making you my so-called boyfriend would make you do such chivalrous things for me, I would have made this happen ages ago," she snorted while we walked inside and to her locker first. "Bag please," she grinned. 

I pulled the zipper open, holding it for her while she put some books in, took some books out, and then zipped it up. She grabbed a huge clip, I think they're called claw clips, my mom wears them a lot and then threw her hair up in a bun. "What class do you have?" she asked while taking her bag. 

"I have English with you, Oliver," I chuckled. 

"No, you- oh yeah. You do. Okay, let's go to your locker then," she said, pushing me backward. 

"You just enjoy pushing me around, a little too much," I chuckled, walking backward, still facing her. 

"Hmm, I do. Very much," she laughed, putting her hands on my chest, continuing to push me backward. A locker must have opened behind me because the next thing I know, the back of my head hit it hard. I winced, grabbing the back of my head, half laughing, half in pain. She gasped, grabbing my shirt and pulling me forward. "I'm sorry, oh my god," she laughed, grabbing the back of my head, rubbing it slightly. "Are you okay?" she laughed. 

"Olivia, I swear to God," I laughed, rubbing the back of my head. 

"You're fine," she said, waving her hand dismissively. 

"That hurt," I chuckled. 

"Did it really?" she asked, getting a little serious while touching the back of my head. "I hope you don't get a bump, I'm sorry," she said, sounding guilty. 

"It's fine," I said, looking down at her. 

"Yeah um, maybe walk normally now," she chuckled. 

"Maybe," I nodded. I turned around while she walked with her hands on my shoulders, following me. When we got to my locker, she leaned on the locker beside mine, watching me while I grabbed my books. "You're staring, it's weird," I mumbled. 

"I'm supposed to be your girlfriend, I have to stare at you," she said while smiling. 

"Justin's not here," I glanced at her. 

"But Skylar is. And she's coming over." She brushed my hair out of my eyes while Skylar came up from behind me and approached her. 

"Hey," she nodded at Olivia while eyeing me warily. 

"Hi," Olivia replied, "Sky, meet Mi- uh Ethan, Ethan this is Sky," she smiled. 

"Hi," she nodded at me. 

"Hey," I smiled. 

"So, you're her boyfriend?" she asked me, narrowing her eyes at me ever so slightly. 

"That's me," I said, glancing at my Oliver Twist of a girlfriend. 

"How'd that happen?" she asked. This feels like an interrogation so I'll have to be careful of what I'm saying. 

"I asked her out," I shrugged. 

"I thought you hated each other," she said, feigning confusion. 

I don't like her approach to this. 

"It's a thin line between love and hate, isn't it? People often confuse their hate for love and love for hate," I shrugged, locking eyes with Olive. She raised her brows at me, seeming impressed while biting back a laugh. 

"So, you love her?" Skylar questioned. 

"We're getting there," I nodded.

"Hate to love? Big difference, don't you think?" She lifted a brow at me. I looked at Olivia who also raised a brow at me, smiling, waiting to see how I'd respond. "How can you be with someone you've hated?" Skylar asked. 

She asks a lot of questions. 

"I think she's worth a try and a couple more," I shrugged, closing my locker and turning to face her completely. "Is that wrong?" 

She nodded slowly, "Okay, I get it. But what made you ask her out and act on it?" 

I resisted an eye roll and continued. "I'm very attracted to her, I had to do something about it, didn't I? Otherwise, it would just be a sad sob story of stolen glances in the hallways. Why wouldn't I act on it? She's beautiful," I answered, looking at Olivia. 

"Kiss her," she shrugged. 

"What?" we asked in sync. 

"You've been together a minute, you can't say you haven't kissed her." 

"Of course, I've kissed." 

"So kiss her. Now." 

I looked at Olivia. "Sky, come on," she scoffed. 

"Look, I don't believe it when you tell me that Cupid appeared, shot an arrow at you both that put you in a love spell out of nowhere, okay? That's bullshit. If you're with her, then kiss her. Now," she shrugged, folding her arms across chest. 

"Now?" Olivia asked. 

"Now," Skylar nodded. 

"This is your best friend?" I mumbled to Olive. 

She shot me a glare. "Skylar, now?" Olivia sighed. 

"You're not dating," she shook her head, "Liars," she scoffed. 

"Come on, just-" 

I rolled my eyes, grabbing Olivia's face and turning her to face me, cutting her off as she spoke and then I just kissed her. She grabbed my shirt when she stumbled due to surprise and that only pulled me closer. 

Once we broke away, I turned to Skylar. "Does that do it for you?"

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 8

Someone had to do something to make Skylar believe them and shut up, I'd say Ethan did it right but then again... I did write it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 7.8K 34
••• This is a story about a girl. A girl who lied all too well. One who was bored, pretty, and sad. A girl who mastered the art of pretending. Pr...
84.9K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
Always ✔ By KIRA

Teen Fiction

286K 11.6K 51
[COMPLETED] Logan and I were the nerds of Whitney High but it's not like we cared. I was his other half and he was mine. Best friends - we called ea...
34.6K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...