Cold Hearted|Feitan Portor x...

By grass_n_frogs

(Y/n) is trying to steal Feitan's heart while he coldly interacts with her. No matter how harsh his words are... More

・Disclaimer・
・Prologue ・
・Chapter 1・
・Chapter 2・
・Chapter 3 ・
・Chapter 4 ・
・Chapter 6・
・Chapter 7 ・
・Chapter 8・
・Chapter 9・
・Chapter 10・
・Chapter 11・
・Chapter 12・
・Chapter 13・
・Chapter 14・
・Chapter 15・
・Chapter 16・
・Chapter 17・
・Chapter 18・
・Epilogue・
・Trivia Facts ・
Alternative Ending (Chapter 15)

・Chapter 5・

8K 234 216
By grass_n_frogs

(Y/n) kept on running until her legs were too tired to continue. She stand on the abandoned street and observes her surrounding. "I can't' believe I just run out like that..." She hugs herself as she continues walking forward, "I-I can't believe dad and Mira will be attending the party." Looking up into the sky, she frowns at the thought of them, "Don't think that (y/n), of course, they won't care, they abandoned you." (Y/n) shakes her head and kept on walking along, kicking a couple of stones while doing so. The wind howls through the old, torn-down buildings and with the rain from last night, making it quite chilly. Stepping into the deep puddles of the rain, she sighs to herself. "I remember jumping in puddles as a child. Mom would always watch me, ha!" She jumps, creating a big splash, splattering her pants/skirt/dress wet. "Whoops... I'll change soon." She kept on walking, hopping into puddles along when she gets the chance. "If I had my raincoat, it would be much nicer. Feitan will probably call me an idiot if he sees this." Digging her hands in her pocket for warmth she hears something coming from a dark alleyway near her.

"I thought this place was abandoned. Maybe I should tell the bo-" "Meow..." (Y/n) pauses and stare at the dark alleyway, "Definitely not a human." The cry kept on getting louder, worrying her. "Couldn't hurt to... check it out." She slowly, but stealthily sneaks over there, peering in between the building. Of course, she saw nothing, but the light outline of a black, thin tail. It moves slowly, back and forth. Soon, two pair of greyish yellow eyes emerges, big and wide with fear. "Hello?" She calls out. A meow replies back and out limp a small cat. "Oh my god..." The cat's right, front leg was covered in blood. The fur was messy and red compared to its black fur. It cries out as it shakes. "Oh sh sh sh, it's okay, I-I'm not going to hurt you." Slowly nearing it, she takes small steps towards the little animal. "See? I am a friend." She places a hand in front of it. Its little pink noise comes near it, sniffing it. Looking up and looking back down at the hand. It takes another sniff, but this time, slightly touching it. Enough to feel the wetness of its little button nose.

"I am going to help you..." She takes a knee, slowly moving her hand towards its head, petting it gently while using her other hand to come near its injured leg. As soon as she wraps around it, the cat immediately with instinct jumps back and shakes more. "No no, don't worry little one." Attempting again, she holds out her hand, "I promise not to hurt you." Once again, the cat limps closer. Her hand wraps softly around the leg. (Y/n) close her eyes and concentrate her nen into it. Over time, the small feline feels it's leg to become more movable. The cat glance at its leg curiously, seeing a hand glowing bright green. It looks up at (y/n) and back down. Soon, the hand moves away.

(Y/n) smiles and backs her hand away, "See? Now you are all better!" One hand was covered in dried blood. The cat taps it's leg, realizing the pain is gone. It happily hops around for a test run. Looking up at its savior it smiles happily then comes over to her, rubbing its head against her knees as a sign of thanks. "Hehe, no problem. Hey, your chest it has... a skull!" (Y/n) lowers her head, "You remind me a lot of Fetain's mask!" Her hand move over, slowly lifting the cat up. The cat brought no harm as its feet lift off the ground. Standing up, (y/n) cradles the cat as observing its chest area. "Wow, I can't believe it. You're really unique and you got black fur and eyes like him. You look a lot like Feitan, but you aren't so grumpy as him." She giggles, "Do you have an own-" Her ears perk up hearing a noise deeper in the alleyway. The cat shivers and huddles more in her arms.

"Who's there." An unknown voice breaks through the darkness. "Oh, a little girl?" Two men emerge out. One was tall and skinny. His eyes were deep in his face with his cheeks bone shown clearly. The other one was shorter, plumper. His brows were furry with his lips formed into a smirk. (Y/n) backs away slowly, "Oh, I thought this town is abandoned..." The tall one scoffs, putting his hand in his pocket, "It is. We're just here 'cause we want to." The small one chuckles a mischievous echo, "Haha, what a pretty lady like you doing here?" They step forward closer. The shorter man sees the cat in (y/n)'s arm, his smirk instantly disappears, "Hey Joe, it's that cat that bit me!" Joe examines the cat in her arms, squinting for a better look, "Gosh damn, you're right, Bo! We give that rascal a good beating earlier, didn't we?"

(Y/n) backs away out of the alley a little, "Y-you shouldn't do that to a little creature." She tells them cautiously. Her neck is starting to sweat. "Oh? Who are you anyways telling us what to do? You're doing owner?" "N-No! I just found it injured." She quickly denies, stumbling back more as the two men kept on moving forward. "Hmph. She has a kind soul, maybe the boss will like her aye?" Bo starts, elbowing the other man. Joe smiles with malicious intent, "Yea... and we can get something out of her too if he doesn't like her." They both grin at each other, "Stay away from me. You don't want to mess with me." (Y/n) warns, holding the cat closer to her chest. The cat jumps out of her arms, standing between her and the two men. "H-hey! Get back here." (Y/n) whisper yelled, knowing very well the mysterious cat doesn't speak her own language. It hisses with its fang and fur standing out.

"Wow, look at this little kitty trying to protect its owner." Joe mocks it. "Shoulda killed it earlier." Bo takes out a sharp dagger out of his back pocket, "Let's kidnap this girl. It can bring us good." Bo suggests, holding the dagger in position. "No!" (Y/n) yells out, "Leave us alone or you will get killed! I'm being serious!" (Y/n) warns them for the second time. Joe laughs, "What? Are you going to kill us? That's funny of you. You won't be so brave when the boss gets his hands on your soul, hahaha!" The cat hisses louder, it's tail rising up with danger. "Let's hurry, before somebody else comes," Bo says with a low voice and walks over to the cat. Raising his gleaming dagger, his lips broke into a smirk. His arm strikes down with a quick act. The ground cracked.

"W-what!? Where it go?!" He looks forward, seeing (y/n) with the cat in her hands on the ground. Backing away quickly into the light, (y/n) yells at him, "You're sick!" Bo grit his teeth, "Damn you. Forget to bring her to the boss, let's just break her right here, right now." "But Bo." Joe cuts in, "Let's just get on with it. We don't want our souls being take- Bo!" Bo lunges forward at (y/n) with a madman warped face. His eyes are bulge out and his aura darkens. He smiles creepily and laughs out loud, haunting anybody that hears it. The cat hisses loud and get's ready to bounce back. Its fang shines like the dagger of Bo, eyes widen with fury.

(Y/n) turns away covering her face with instinct. She holds her breath, waiting for the pain that will overcome her.

"B-Bo!?" The cat kept on growling as Bo falls to the side of (y/n). His neck was cut open, blood running down his lips. His eyes widen and white. (Y/n) squeaks, backing away from the body. Joe steps away, rapidly turning his eyes to every corner of the alleyway. "Th-there is no f*cking way that stinkin' cat did that!" His face was filled with anxiousness, "It's you!" He points at (y/n), "You killed my best friend!" (Y/n) crawls away with one arm around the cat, "N-no!" The man pulls his hair, "Don't lie!" He takes out a similar dagger, "Ahaha... We never signed up for this. All we want is to live freely and maybe have a couple of women, heck even own a bar! But this stinkin' man comes over and threatens us. Our lives never turn right!" (Y/n) eyes widen as she caught a glimpse of a figure behind Joe. Her attention went back to the pained man, who is pointing his threatening weapon at her. He smiles as sickeningly as his dear best friend, "I-I'll kill yo- ACK!" Blood spurts out of his mouth before he spoke another word, his eyes rolls back. He fell on his knees before fully hitting his cheek against the cement.

"F-Feitan." (Y/n) breathes out underneath her breath as Joe was surrounded in his own blood. "I seriously don't have time to save you." Feitan walks over the dead body of two men. The cat meows curiously and cuddles back in (y/n)'s chest. "Ah, but you still saved me... Thank you." (Y/n) wobbly legs pulls herself up as she holds the cat. Feitan cocks his eyebrows curiously, "What's in your arms?"

"O-Oh. Uh..." (Y/n) was still shaken up as she leans against the wall, farthest away from Bo's body. Feitan stands there, still as a statue. The cat and him eye each other with questions in mind. They almost look identical, apart from them being completely different creatures.

"So?" He continues, glancing up at the girl who is still shaken up. He pauses for a moment before speaking again, "There is nothing for you to worry about." (Y/n) cheeks glows a bit as she stammers, "U-Uh yea... This is a cat I found injured in the alleyway and when I was healing it, I met those two guys." She eyes the dead bodies and then turn back to the cat. "It seems to have no owner and look!" She holds up the cat a way to let Feitan sees it's skeleton marked chest, "It has a skeleton! On its chest! Just like your mask!" She gasps and turns the cat around facing her, lifting it up in the air, "I will name it, Fei!" She cuddles the cat to her face, "You like it, Feitan?"

Feitan rolls his eyes, "I guess." He starts walking out of the alleyway with (y/n) walking behind. "You're keeping that thing?" "Yea! It could be our child!" Feitan grumbles, "Absolutely not." (Y/n) pouts, "It looks like you though." He puts on an annoyed face and changed the topic, "Don't run off like that. We don't have time to save you all the time." (Y/n) holds the cut, "Ok... I'm sorry." Feitan scoffs, "Still attending the party?" (Y/n) thought about it for a moment, "Well, yea. My stepmom is pretty strong and also..." (Y/n) turns her vision towards the front with a determined face, "I want to confront. I want to tell them what kind of misery they put me through! I am not letting her haunt me forever!" Feitan stares at her, "Sure..." "That's all you got to say!?" A vein pops on her forehead. He turns away with an even more annoyed look, "Oh boy..."

"Hmph! Don't you wanna hold your ch- I mean Fei." (Y/n) faces towards Feitan. Fei meows and turns it head. "No." (Y/n) frowns, "Come on, show Fei some affection!" "How about you two show each other affection and leave me out of it." (Y/n) puts the cat down for it to walk along them, "But Feitan, everybody needs affection once and a while. Don't you ever get affection-starved?" Feitan stays silent for a bit and then closes his eyes, "No." (Y/n) smiles cheekily, "Well I am starving for your attention!" "Then starve to death." Feitan walks a bit faster leaving (y/n) in the dust heart in burning pain. "Hey! That's so mean!" (Y/n) jogs with Fei running along from behind.

"Hey, Feitan?" Feitan hums in response, "Do you think... my father cares for me?" He was a bit taken back, but his stoic face barely shows it. He keeps on walking, "He abandoned you. Obviously, he doesn't care for you. Do you..." He pauses for a moment before continuing, "Care if he dies at the party?" (Y/n)'s eyes flashed open. She looks at the broken cement, layering the ground. "I don't exactly know... what if he misses me and changed?" Feitan said nothing as they both kept on walking.

"Do you have any family before the Phantom Troupe?" "No, not really..." Feitan says in a quiet, low voice. "Do you see the Phantom Troupe as family?" Feitan gives another short response, "I guess... I don't do family." (Y/n) presses her lips together and looks down at Fei, walking beside them. "Well Fei and I can be your family!" She chirps happily. Feitan sighs, "Alright." "Wait, really?" (Y/n) turns over to him in shock, "I thought you would say no or something." "Well, there's nothing I can do anyways. Your annoying ass never gives up." (Y/n) grins happily despite the harsh comment, "It doesn't matter! We're like a family of three! Pakunoda can be the grandma... wait not she looks too young for that..." (Y/n) went on and on about the family of the Phantom Troupe while Feitan picks up some of her words. His mind drowns out most of what she was saying as he stares at her running mouth. He then turns his eyes to the cat, who was looking up, interested in what she has to say. 'Family... huh?' Feitan thought in his mind. "Also..." He says as he lets go of the thought, "Why are your clothes wet?"

"You idiot! Don't go running off like that! You're lucky Feitan got in time!" (Y/n) hangs her head down in shame as Nobunaga scolds her without stopping for a breath. "That's enough, Nobunaga. She gets it now. The thing is that she's safe now." Franklin breaks in the lecture with a stern look. "I am sorry for worrying you guys." "Just don't do it again," Pakunoda says and pats her on the head. "And who's your little friend?" Paku squats down next to Fei who was sitting obediently next to (y/n)'s side. "A cat I healed in the alleyway! I named it Fei because it reminds me a lot like Feitan! See?" She points out the skeleton shaped on its chest. "Ah, I see." "Fei and I are Feitan's family too!" Phinks holds his chin, "Ohhhh, is that so?" He gazes at Feitan with a mocking look, "Shut." Feitan starts before Phinks go any farther.

"So, (y/n), feel any better about... uh you know who?" Shalnark approaches the question cautiously, "Yea, don't worry about it." (Y/n) trails off and pets Fei on the ground, "I decided I will confront my past. No matter how scary it is because... I got you guys here. Even though..." (Y/n) rubs the back of her neck, "You guys are murderers and thieves. You're more family than they can ever be." Some of the members smile at each other, "Of course. We're the Phantom Troupe! We can do whatever the hell we want!" Uvogin yells out with confidence, "Damn right." Phinks joins in and smirks. "You brought the humans out of us." Nobunaga says, "We want to thank you for that." (Y/n) grins, Yea! Just being me!" (Y/n) glances at Feitan, who was staring off into space, his mind somewhere else. She smiles faintly, "Yea... and I'll keep being me..."

"Boss, we found Bo and Joe, but... They're dead." A man bows down before his mysterious master. The mysterious man taps the side of his head, thinking and staring off into deep darkness. "How... Interesting..." He mutters to himself. "B-boss are you still going to attend the party?" "Well of course. I need a soul that will make me feel..." He sighs deeply, "Alive again. Every soul seems so bland." The man stands up from his chair, "So other people are hear in this so abandoned city too." He chuckles, staring out a broken window.  "Do we kill them?" "No. Let things be more interesting, Daro." The light traces his empty, black eyes, "I need to feel that warmth again."

I am really proud of this chapter, ngl.
The cat I am referring to is obviously the picture above, if you guys don't know yet. :D
Happy Halloween! Stay safe if you guys are going out and thank you for reading! 🎃👻🍬

-Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.7K 2.3K 19
[Feitan x Reader] Skilled fighter Y/N defeats Hisoka at Heavens Arena and is recruited by the Phantom Troupe. To their surprise they begin to find a...
47K 1.6K 26
This is a sequel to Try To Take Her Away From Me. They drove her away. The time has come for a victor to rise. Who will emerge from the smoke and dus...
32.4K 699 21
𝘮𝘦𝘵·𝘢·𝘯𝘰𝘪·𝘢 /𝘮𝘦𝘥əˈ𝘯𝘰𝘪ə/ 𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯𝘦'𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧, 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘰...
934K 29.8K 99
You get added to the Phantom Troupes group chat, People want to adopt you, Hisoka is being Hisoka, And Shalnark and you form the suicidal squad! Or...