Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

By NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... More

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)
Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 31 Family (Edited)
Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 39 The realised Truth

59 3 9
By NurainiSalleh

Hi guys! i am on a roll writing when i have the time and became more active in writing and i am so happy! so hopefully you guys enjoy this chapter!

Emily's POV

I couldn't believe this was happening!, I mean how the hell didn't we see the signs? how could we have not known all the obvious signs in front of us? I looked at my unconscious daughter and all I could see now is Isabella, everything reminds me of her, all of Aurora's features makes me realise she is a spitting image of Isabella but she also has Toni's freckles and skin tone. A beautiful combination.

I think I always kind of knew, but ever since Isabella's disappearance and the funeral that the whole Mystic realm attended, I just don't want to get my hopes up that the little girl that was found at our doorstep might be Isabella's daughter. She did want to name her daughter Aurora as well but I just didn't didn't think about it. There were too many things on my mind, the kids,my family and also the family I have disappointed and left behind. I was so out of it, I just blocked any sense I have and just focused on the present.

But now that I know that the last remaining remembrance and descendant of Isabella is living and breathing, I am happy because I have been taking care of my best friend's child for 16 years without even knowing and I always felt a connection with Aurora and now I know why.

"OH MY GOD, WHAT?! WHAT THE FUCK?!" James yelled in confusion and shocked.

"James this is a hospital, keep your voice down and yes, you heard what i said, your daughter's biological parents are your brother" Aiko pointed at James. "And your best friend/sister' s child.The lost daughter of Toni and Isa and the lost princess of the Mystic Realm."

Aiko paused for a while. "And the rightful heir to the throne, not Penelope. That means, Emily" she looked at me and raised my head to look at her. "You have to tell the King and Queen about her because Aurora has full rights to the throne and she needs to be comfortable in the Mystic Realm if she is ever going to take over the kingdom when she gets older."

"Wait! Stop! We need time to process Aiko, there is so much to process here. My brother's child is my daughter, she is not only a witch but the future queen of a whole nother world." said James but when he was ranting about it, I looked at our beautiful daughter, watching her sleep but suddenly I just realised something that is torturing my thoughts.

*Oh my god! I have to send her to see the King and Queen, and to convince them that their daughter's child who we thought was lost or dead is actually alive. And Rebecca, i don't think i can face her or any of them again, they hate me, what if they take Aurora away from me and keep her in the mystic realm? What if they forbid me to ever see her? What if?!*

"EMILY!" Aiko called me and I snapped back to reality. I looked up at her and she had a worried expression on her face. "Hey, what is going on with you?"

I said softly and slowly. "What happens when....they take her away from me?"

"Who?" Aiko asked and I glanced at James and he understood what I meant.

"What if Mother and father, i mean their Majesties and Rebecca will take Aurora away from me and forbid me to see her. Because they might be afraid I would lose her as I had lost Isa." i teared up a bit

Aiko sighed. "Emily Rossi, that would never happen, they love you and that day with Rebecca was nothing but just her grieving over Isa. Don't ever think that! you took care of Aurora for 16 years and also 3 sons, I think that proves that you kept her safe." i looked at her with one eyebrow raised

"Really? This is the 2nd time she is in the hospital for something like this. I think i'm the problem."

"No you're not, this is all an accident, you know that! Okay, stop! We need to discuss this, why don't you just take baby steps, send her to the Mystic realm and to the immigration office there and get her registered and also for the boys too. They are 16 years old, right? They are able to register a free flow passed to the Mystic realm without any adult supervision." she explained. 

"Just show her around, to the middle of the realm, so she can be more familiar with the area and then when she is ready, you can see Their Majesties and both families can be reunited. And don't fucking say all those nonsense, i don't want to hear it!!"

"But...."

"No buts! Emily if I even hear King Henry, which is impossible he even would agree with that, Queen Eleanor, again impossible and now Queen Rebecca that they even think of separating Aurora from you guys. I would personally and Stella as well will object to it because we know how much Aurora means to you and that separating a mother and child is wrong because you have raised her since she was a baby, you are her mother! so you don't have to worry about that. I am friends with current kings and Queens of other realm's Mystics and have connections with them, same goes with Stella, we will not allow that to happen so think about it okay? Think what is best for Aurora, she deserves to meet her other grandparents"

"She does get to meet the other half of her family, which is good. She knows where she came from and her powers, she can finally get full training on how to control them." I finally felt more optimistic.

"YES!" Aiko said excitedly, she looked like she wanted to jump up and down.

"But one problem," James said.

"What problem?" Aiko asked.

"Not really a problem per se but I think it's obvious we should tell her who her bio parents are and we have to ease it into her and we have to tell Toni that his daughter has been alive all these years as well. That won't be pretty."

"Damn it, James! I was just about to be optimistic and now it's gone."

"We need to tell Toni, Emily."

"I know, we will tell Toni and we will tell Aurora but wait till she wakes up and feels better. okay babe?" I said as I stood up and kissed James on the lips.

We then heard a sudden knock on the door. Aiko opened the door and we saw a black man that looked like he was around his late-20s was standing there.

"Brandon? What are you doing here? Where's Risa?" she asked while looking behind him.

"Oh, both kids had the chickenpox and what better doctor to consult with than my cousin-in-law, Aiko, to help them, especially when they." he suddenly whispers in Aiko's ear but we can hear him. "Fairies."

"Ahhhhh, now I get it. But I didn't know Jason got any 'you know what' in him yet."

"No, not yet but we can never be too careful." he smiled and then he suddenly noticed us.

Aiko then looked at us standing there hearing their conversation. She cleared her throat. "Oh, sorry! Emily, James. This is Brandon Johnson, Risa's husband, wait, you guys remember Brandon right? James? you and Toni were at their quickie wedding." she chuckled.

We walked towards him. "Yeah, I remember. How have things been going for you man?" asked James.

"Doing really good."

"And Brandon, this is Emily, James's wife who only attended your 2nd official wedding." she chuckled again.

"Aiko, stop laughing," Brandon said while nudging her.

"I can't with the number of things that happen to you when you and Risa reconnected, a whole book can be written about it," she said while failing to control her laughter.

We then started chatting with Brandon for a while before both of them needed to attend to his children. We stayed by Aurora's side and we suddenly heard the door knock again. I stood up and opened the door, what we both saw behind it was the most touching and heartwarming thing I haven't seen in a while.

"How is Aurora?" Ryder asked with worried expressions on his face which spread to the rest of Aurora's friends' faces.

Ryder's POV

"Ryder, what happened to Aurora? We heard she was in a fire!" said Eve

"Yeah, she was. There was a fire in her room and she was inside, unconscious but luckily I dragged her out. Well, I helped drag her out but my dad was the one that called the fire department and the ambulance." I explained.

"Oh man, did our mom examine her yet?" Kimi asked.

"Yeah, she said Aurora is fine but she had a worried look on her face. So I am not really sure if everything is okay."

Suddenly Dr Aiko came and walked towards us with a guy and when I looked closer, he looked familiar to me. "Kimi? Kira? Why are-" she then saw the rest of them. "All of you here?"

"We are here to see Aurora, is she really okay?" asked Sonia.

She suddenly has a smile on her face. "Yes, she is. You can visit her, her room is right over there," she said while pointing at one of the rooms.

"Okay, thank you," Sonia said with a relieved tone in her voice.

"Uncle Brandon is that you?" Kimi said and squeezed pass our friends and hugged him with K standing behind them.

*Oh that is why he looks familiar.*

"Hi Kimi, Hi Kira. it's nice to see you both again but I need to borrow your mom now, so maybe I'll visit you guys soon?" he said and Kimi let go of him and started grinning.

"Okay!" she turned around and looked at us. "C'mon guys, let's visit Aurora. See you later mom and see you later Uncle Brandon!." she said and we all walked past them to Aurora's room.

When we reached her door, we saw that it was locked. We all looked at each other in confusion and then I knocked on the door. We heard footsteps coming towards it and when it opened we saw Aurora's mom.

"How is Aurora?" I asked.

She then suddenly has a smile on her face. "Wow, you all came to see her?" she teared up but then wiped her tears away with her hand. "And yes, she is okay but she hasn't woken up yet. Dr Aiko said that she is just resting but everything else is okay, no damage. So come in." she gestured to us to come inside.

We then saw Aurora and she looked fine, her heartbeat in the monitor was fine, she doesn't seem to be in critical condition. I probably should have known she would be okay but I didn't know how long she was in that fire, I was afraid she couldn't breathe.

"You guys are so sweet! I'm glad that Aurora has great friends like you!" her mom said to us and we all smiled

Sonia replied to her. "Of course, Mrs Rossi. We will always be here for her, she's our friend and we love her very much." and with that, both of Aurora's parents' eyes gleamed at all of us.

I noticed that her brothers weren't in the room "Where is Josh, Alex and Nick?" I asked them.

"They are taking Aurora's stuff and clothing so she would be more comfortable as Aurora might be staying in the hospital a bit longer," said Mrs Rossi

"How much longer?" Gabe asked with a worried tone in his voice which I noticed.

"Well, maybe a week or so just to make sure she is completely okay. It's fine, we will have the boys fetch her books and assignments from school," she told us.

Ryder: Two weeks?! Wow, that is going to be a long week, how am I going to apologise to her? Should i do it when i visit her again, when she's awake? Yup, that is a good idea. I'll visit her.

Max: Uhhhhhhh.... Apologise for what exactly?

Ryder: Are you kidding me?

Max: What?

Ryder: For what? For saying those awful things to her, what the hell Max! Why the fuck did you say that to her? That was terrible!

Max: Sorry Ryder! It was... it was... it was

Ryder: It was what?!

Max: It's because I'm jealous that Gabe got his hands on her, and you felt jealous too! Don't lie to me i can feel your jealousy erupted too when you saw them kissing. You let me take over!

I realised what i have done, i did want Max to take over because i couldn't see it, it hurts and i realised something and i am so stupid that i didn't want to admit it because she was just my friend that i became close to.

Max: (Sighs) Ryder.... Can you now admit our feelings for her? Because i can't keep pretending either, especially of what happened just now, the swimming pool, the kiss and now almost losing her. Ryder, please...

Ryder: I....I.....I'm in love with her and I want her to be my mate. I want to mark her and make her be mine. I love her but the mate bond, i feel very confused.

Max: The mate bond is coming near, it's just that weirdly that this mate bond has mixed signals and i think we know who we should ask about this.

He was right, so while the rest were near Aurora's bed I went towards Mrs Rossi.

"Ummm Mrs Rossi? I'm so sorry but i think i'll leave now to see how my mom is doing."

"oh....Oh! Yeah she was having contractions right? Yeah, go. Be with her." she said and i went out of the room but before i could go i saw the Rossi brothers dashed into the room. I saw something else too.

I saw a huge stuffed penguin that Josh was carrying and somehow i have another headache.

Flashback

"Ry, Ry! You can do it, cwush those pins!"

"Okay, i'll do it and I'll get you that penguin."

With that little Ryder took and threw the first ball but it didn't connect. He took the second ball and it still didn't hit the pins. Little Ryder was feeling sad and he wanted to give up. The little girl saw him being so down that she came up to him.

"Ry Ry? It's okay if you don't get the prize, just try your best because i will still love you this much because you try and never gwive up!" she said while spreading her arms to show how much she loves him. It made him smile and he tried again with the third ball.

It was like the ball was in slow motion, he threw it and they saw the ball connect and push the pins down to the floor. They both scream and the little girl starts jumping around.

"YOU DID IT RY RY! I KNEW YOU CAN DO IT!" she said loudly at him.

Ryder told the person running the booth that he wanted the big penguin and the person gave it to him. He walked towards the little girl and he gave it to her, her smile was so wide that he could see all her teeth that were still there anyway.

"SOOOO FLUFFFY!!! Thank you Ry Ry i wuv you!" she said and pecked him on the cheek which some people noticed and they looked at them.

"I love you too Aur-"

Present

"Ryder!" I snapped back from that memory and turned my head to where the voice came from and I saw my little sister Ella in front of me and not only her but also the other Yamamoto twins; Yuna and Mei, Kimi and Kira's little sisters.

"Why are you spacing out all of a sudden, don't tell me you are fighting with Max again." she said while folding her arms.

"Um...yeah, it was Max again."

Max: Rude!

"What are you doing here, I thought you were at our grandparents' house?"

"Ryder, mom has 7 kids, almost 8 kids. They have their hands full and plus i told them i wanted to see mom. So they let me and I saw Yuna and Mei came in."

"Yeah, we came with our dad but he went to see mom because of Uncle Brandon and Aunt Risa's kids...... and we kinda want to see them too," said Yuna

"Oh okay. Well, i'm going to visit mom anyway so we can go together. For you two, your brother and sister are inside so you can stay with them till your dad comes back."

"Excuse me? we are not children. We are not going to take orders from you and stay with our brother and sister." Said Mei looking angry and folding her arms.

Suddenly I sensed someone coming towards us and they went behind the twins.

"Well, unless you cook for yourself, pay for your own things and pay the bills, yes you are children. Ryder's right, both of you go inside and stay with your Onēsan and Nīsan. Now" said Dr Aiko, they then went inside.

"Well, Ryder. Your mom didn't have contractions, it might be something else, so we are going to let her stay for a day or so to examine her. So, unfortunately, your siblings aren't coming out any time soon." she said with a smile on her face.

"Oh that's good I guess, so we have time before the bab-" Ella and I looked at Dr Aiko confused. "Siblings? What do you mean by siblings, you mean sibling right?"

Mr Yamamoto started chuckling and said, "Aiko, I think you just blab out the secret."

"Shit!" Dr Aiko cursed. "Don't tell your mom! She'll kill me."

"So mom is having twins again?!" asked Ella while she threw her hands up in the air in frustration.

After Mr Yamamoto stopped chuckling, he cleared his throat. "Well, triplets."

"Kei!" yelled Dr Aiko and at this moment, Mr Yamamoto realised he fucked up.

Both mine and Ella's eyes widened.

"TRIPLETS?!" we both shouted together.

*Oh fuck! That's triple the crying at once. Well goodbye sleep, hello diapers and constant crying. Mom and dad should really stop reproducing*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483 62 13
Camilla is given a new life... a life away from her past...she believes. Despite her odds, this time, she manages to conceal it. But until when?.... ...
176K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...
873 119 53
Ronnie thought nothing could go wrong in her life until her family disappears one day and her life starts to spiral downwards. To be able to survive...