Ours To Be (All Ours, #1)

By SoHoAuthor

๐“˜๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ช โ™ฅ๏ธŽ Not many things have managed to catch me off guard in this life after enduring years of t... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
The series continues!
Christmas Bonus Chapter

Chapter 12

14.4K 517 68
By SoHoAuthor

I almost forgot why I stopped going to the gym.

Almost.

''Jenn, can we go get lunch now?'' I'm not usually a whiner, but encompass any kind of carnal activity into the mix and I'm a whingeing child.

''We've been here for twenty minutes.'' She rolls her eyes at my griping.

I've been annoying her for- apparently-twenty minutes now.

''Coulda fooled me,'' feels like twenty fucking hours on a treadmill.

''You know we're just warming up, right?'' Soyan prompts from my right.

Right, fucking easy for her to say. Ms. Barbie Blonde has been on the concourse of health and fitness ever since her mother started signing her up for Miss Competitions as a kid. The lifestyle of a model definitely does not match up to mine.

I don't know what made us decide to test out Joshua's Girls Only division- well, I do actually. These two have been bolstering me to join them since the opening last week. Finally, I gave in. Only to regret it nearly as soon as I walked in. The women in here, with their toned legs and abs, heart-shaped asses and nonexistent waists are giving me a run for my money. Just like these two bitches I'm sandwiched in-between, probably so I don't flee outta here.

Sounds tempting.

''I am warm,''

Soyan speeds up her sets tempo while glancing down at mine. ''Babe, you're on four.'' Her eyes flicker with amusement, making me contemplate pushing her ass off the treadmill.

''So what?'' I counter. ''I said I didn't want to go in the first place."

''You're doing great, sweetie. You've already burned 55 calories. Just keep going.'' Jenn chimes in before my deliberations can turn into actions. ''Soy, why don't you tell us about your date.'' She suggests.

''You had a date?'' I didn't know about this. The group chat or facetime sessions usually run the whole night after one of them goes out on a date. We also always know where the first dates will take place, and make sure that one of us drives the other down there to check everything out, before letting them walk in. Especially if it's a stranger they met online.

Soyana's face softens. ''It was fantastic. I really like her.''

''Ohh shit, it was a girl?'' I grin. It's been a hot minute since she's been out with a woman.

''Yeah, I think I'm done dating men for a while.'' She nods in affirmation.

Huh, this is news. Just last week she was talking about how she couldn't get that one British guy from Jenn's party out of her head.

''So you're gonna see her again?'' Jenn queries.

''Yup. She already texted me this morning saying she wants to see me this weekend.'' Her smile broadens.

''That's amazing." Jenn snickers in amusement. "You get more pussy than men, girl.''

Soyana giggles before she suddenly turns her attention to me. ''Speaking of pussy. When are you letting Kayden get some of yours?''

My face suddenly feels like it's going up in flames. ''Never.'' I deadpan.

''Oh, please shut it.'' Jenn grunts. ''Did you see him at the opening? If you don't take him, I gladly will.''

''Same here. I totally understand what all the fuss was about. I'll break my 'no men for awhile' rule for him in a heartbeat." Soyana adds.

A weird feelings sets in my guts hearing them talk about him that way. I don't know what it is but its annoying me over my body like some bad itch. As if all my organs are squeezing together and about to burst.

''You guys can have him, honestly.'' The words feel like acid on my tongue and I hope they didn't notice how much it took for me to say them.

''Oh, yeah?'' Jenn shares a look with Soy. ''Where were you when we called you down to leave that night?''

''On the roof.'' I was...

''If you tell me you're smoking again, I swear-'' Soyan starts, clearly indignant and getting the wrong impression. They know I used to go up there for a smoke, they went with me a couple of times.

''I wasn't smoking..." I hesitate. "a cigarette.''

''Then what? Meth?'' Jenn inputs.

''You don't smoke meth,'' I roll my eyes. ''And it was just weed.''

''So you were smoking a blunt up on the roof... all by yourself?'' she raises further.

''Yes. No.'' I don't know if the panting I'm now doing is due to the pace I just reared on the treadmill or the memory of being on the roof with him. Did I seriously admit to being comfortable around him? I can't fucking believe myself sometimes. I let the guy blow smoke up my fucking mouth... I would punch any man that even attempts to get that close to my face in the nuts, but all I wanted to do was pull him closer.

I'm never getting high with him again.

''Ugh, give it up already. The only other person missing downstairs was him.'' Soyana grumbles.

''It was coincidental, though. I just needed fresh air, he happened to be smoking up there.'' I divulge.

Both of them lose the playfulness in their eyes. ''Are you having them again?'' Soyana poses, concerned.

Jenn also looks like she's about to sob. ''Please tell us if you've had another epis-''

I cut them off. ''I'm good. Haven't had one in a while, but you know they come and go.''

Their expressions visibly ease. ''Bells, he seems really lovely. Sure, he may be the inverse to Josh. Little closed off, but no signs of a sarcastic asshole. He willingly offered to come pick you up and raced out the damn building, you have no idea." Soyana declares. "I'm only discerning pros here, is all I'm saying.''

''He's actually really funny,'' I state. I don't know why I felt the need to defend his character, she didn't even say he wasn't funny, just that he didn't seem like the sarcastic kind. I just don't want them to think of him as some type of arid person, just because he doesn't act like a clown in public. Nobody's ever made me laugh like he did in that kitchen last week.

''See! You've got it bad for the sex god. Good for you, babe. There's no doubt in if he likes your Jennifer Lopez ass, as well. Ivan said he looked like he wanted to bite her head off when she kissed you on the cheek.'' Jenn proclaims.

''I don't know, you guys...'' I waver.

''What's the worst that could happen? He could actually treat you right?'' Soyan solicits.

''Oh, the horror.'' Jenn feigns revulsion with a hand to her heart.

''What if he doesn't?''

''What?'' they speak in unison.

''What if he doesn't treat me right?'' I key. ''Sure, he seems like a great guy. Polite, nice to look at, that accent... it's all very appealing. I would have to be brutally gay for me to not be attracted to him. But the guy could crush me in a heartbeat if he wanted to. I can't handle that.''

Understanding dawdles behind Jenn's gaze. ''Bell, what your dad did to your m-''

Again, I'm cutting off sentences. ''It's not even about that. Not entirely, anyway. He's Kayden Dominguez.''

Both of their brows draw together in confusion. ''You hate his name?'' Jenn falters in confusion.

''Dominguez...'' I press further, looking back and forth between them.

Jenn's eyes finally widen in realization. ''No shit?! His son?'' I nod in confirmation. ''Hot and rich? Bell girl, I've never doubted your intelligence in my life, but right now, you're making me consider shoving you off that thing so hard, you hit your head and realize what's right in front of you.''

''Am I missing something? What's so special about his last name?'' Soyana still seems puzzled.

''Dude, he's Alejandro Dominguez's son!'' Soyan's expression still doesn't vacillate after the explanation. ''I know you know him. He just signed the girl we were listening to on the way over here.''

''For real?'' Soyana's eyes twinkle as she grins. ''Dom-In?''

''Now do you understand? The man lives and breathes Hollywood. I'm not getting involved in that shit, only to get tossed out like Ms. Jenner did.''

''You looked him up?'' Jenn chuckles.

Guilty. I'm going to be a lawyer. It's in my blood to probe. ''My point is, if he doesn't even keep one of the Kardashian sisters, what the fuck will he do with me?'' I don't even think he sees me like that in the first place.

''You don't know that. I admit, there's no point in denying that it could go wrong... but what if it doesn't? What if it escalates into something beautiful?'' She reiterates.

''Yeah well, I'm not taking the risk.'' No matter how many butterflies I get when he's around. The risk is still too big. I've spent a long time building my character back up to what it is now, after my teen years. I'm not letting a man disintegrate it all for some dick or a good time. I get plenty of good time with my girls.

''Isabella! Straighten your posture. All your limbs will be sore tomorrow if you keep that shit up.'' Josh's rumbling voice clangs up behind us.

I straighten my back instantly. He's definitely in trainer mode. Josh in trainer mode is scarier than my grandfather in attorney form. And that says a lot.

''Jennifer! Propagate your legs before you break something.''

''Soyana! Push it down to three and get back to your base speed. You need your heart rate down before you go up to a jog. Are you trying to pass the fuck out?''

When he's pleased enough with our obedience, he goes on. ''Let's do an interval with two pushes and one all out. I'm calling out the time.'' His authorized voice seems closer now, but we're too busy following his order to take any other note. ''Jenn, Soy, push up to between six and seven and stay flat. Bells, incline five percent max.''

We all start to abide by his instructions and fall into a pattern.

Fucking shit. I'm hurtling up. It started off effortless, but the burning due to my lack of fitness condition came through quickly and began working up in an uncomfortable burn.

''Take it up a good forty seconds. Three... two... one!''

I can do this. It's not like I'm as severely overweight as I used to be. I'm just not exactly in the ailment for a workout. So I make myself take it up, despite my body's clear exclusion. The muscles in my calves start tensing up and I feel my heart beating against my ribcage. Don't even get me started on the sweat in places I didn't even know you could sweat in.

Great day to wear white.

''Bell, next push I want you to take the incline up and ease into a walk. I don't need you collapsing on me.'' There's amusement in his tone, he sounds like Josh again. I know he doesn't mean it in a bad or mean way, just looking out for me with my disorder he's aware of. This is also one of the reasons I love being around these guys. I'm not the girl with some condition around them who gets treated like a delicate flower. They're merely apprised to it, just enough to keep me in consideration with stuff like this. Certainly not everything. I made sure of that.

''Good work, girls. You can decelerate down to three and get y'all heart rate to an average.''

He comes up in front of our treadmills after a period of commands and toil, and leans his big frame against the window panes, crossing his burly arms. He's in dark training shorts paired with a white Nike short sleeve. Intimidating muscles jabbing through all over the place.

''There's two devils missing,'' He states, but I bet he's just missing one of them.

''Ivan is on maid of honor duties for her sister. Nar is at her Tuesday class.'' Jenn clarifies.

He nods, then turns his gaze to me with a smirk. ''So, are you guys gonna tell me what all the gossipin' over my best friend was about?''

Shit. He heard.

''I don't know what you're talking about.''

Deny, deny, deny.

''Bells, he's good people. You think I would hang around the guy if he was a piece of shit?''

''Yes.'' All three of us voice at the same time. God knows Josh hangs around fucking chumps at times.

''Okay, that's fair.'' He nods. ''But he's not like that. We're actually more alike than you may think.''

''Thanks. You just made my decision a whole lot easier, if he's anything like you, its settled.'' I chuckle. If he's anything like Joshua, that means he's an emotionally unavailable fuck-boy with commitment and intimacy issues.

He looks genuinely offended, but his eyes are sparkling with mischief. ''Hey! Me and my boy are a fuckin' treat. You'd be lucky to have either one of us.''

''Sure, J.'' I sneer.

Jenn speaks up after a chuckle. ''I remember! Josh, I needed to ask you something. What are you doing this weekend?''

He quirks a brow, thinking it over for a moment. ''I'm opening up here on Saturday and Sunday. M's got it after 12 though, no following plans. Why?''

''We're planning a barbeque in my backyard for Saturday. You should come.''

Josh's jaded expression is telling me he's onto her. ''To join? Or come to do the actual barbequing?''

''Nooo...'' she squeaks, but her idiom tells us she's at fault. She's absolutely right. None of us know how to handle meats on the grill. Not even Nara.

''Can I bring people?'' Poor guy must be getting tired of being around all girls all day. Although he brings friends to get-together's all the time and he's not with us every day. It's just the five of us most of the time.

''Sure, I don't see why you couldn't.'' Jenn shrugs.

He jerks his chin. ''See you girls then,'' with that, he's off dictating another group of people on the equipment. 

The three of us simultaneously press the stop button on the gear once he's out of sight.

Soyan turns to me. ''Lunch?''

We were planning on staying longer and use some other new kits of his in here, but we're worn down after Josh's little- but not so little- session.

"Lunch.''

..................................................................

Another shorter, sort of filler chapter. Make sure to vote and don't forget to add this baby to your reading lists.

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272 41 20
A Across the Jakeverse novel Earth 238 This is Selena's story. How she felt before and after Jake. And how everything she ever knew changed in the bl...
18.9K 228 30
"Briar, you guys are too young to understand love," Sofia says. I respond back saying, "Ok so maybe we are too young to understand what actual love i...
70.4K 1.9K 43
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...
12.9M 211K 60
"I know you want me Mia..." he whispered into my ear. His voice husky and deep. "N-no I-I don't," I replied trying to keep my voice steady but failin...