Won't Let Go

By ShabanaTheStar

โ She knew he can never be hers and yet she fell in love with him โž Fairytales exist only in books and movies... More

let go series
copyright
phase one : heartbreaks
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
phase two : moving ahead
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
phase three : falling in love
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
epilogue
gratitude

twenty five

12.1K 757 51
By ShabanaTheStar

Farhan has always been passionate about fashion designing, the idea of his artworks being transformed into dresses has thrilled him like crazy. He has spent the last two years of his life dedicated to his work and what he is today, is because of pure hard work and dedication. He loved his job, every bit of it.

Maybe that's why being nominated as the best designer of the year meant a lot to him. It was a big achievement in itself. Winning or not is the other thing but being nominated among all those talented people, the second time in a row at his age, is a great deal to him. He is known for his pretty bridal collections and classy, elegant everyday Kurtis.

A wide grin appears on his face as he dialled Natasha's number, the first person he wanted to share this happy news with but was disturbed by a knock at his door, "come in." He muttered.

He worked on his main office today, where all the magic generally happens. He visits the boutiques once or twice a week, the rest of the days he'd work here, along with his other staffs who work hard on creating new and innovative designs which they'd later give a life to. He loved his job.

"Sir, you got some parcel. Congratulating you on being nominated for the designer of the year. Where shall I keep it?" the assistant asked him, to which he pointed on the table and the guy left as soon as he came.

"What parcel?" Natasha's curious voice came from the other side as he opened it slowly, "oh hey. What are you doing now?" Farhan asked whilst continuing to unwrap the parcel. He could hear giggles and noises from her side.

Natasha sighed before walking to a calmer place and replied, "my cousins decided to surprise me in advance for my birthday. And it's a mess here. These guys should have been monkeys."

She's turning twenty-two in two days. Both of them are excited about it.

Farhan chuckled at that, "I wanted to surprise you first. But it's okay, did you pack everything?" They were going on a long road trip, heading to nowhere in particular. Just wanted to spend some quality time together and enjoy her birthday adventurously.

Natasha yelled at her little cousins to not jump on the sofa and asked, "what parcel is that, Farhan?"

"This is from my friend, Sasha. She was congratulating me for being nominated as the best designer of the year once again." Farhan smiled widely as he saw a branded watch. He loved collecting watches and remembered saying about that to Sasha once.

"Oh, the supermodel friend?" she did not even catch the nomination part, all she heard was the name Sasha and her mind went blank. Those articles; which showed how close Farhan and that girl has been, of how they were dating began to haunt her.

Farhan hummed in amusement, "how'd you know her?"

"I read stuff." Natasha tried to be nonchalant but only she wasn't. Even if it was months ago, it still hurt her; recollecting those articles and pictures gave her a headache.

"Like?" Farhan was now more curious, he has seen bizarre articles being circulated online just because Sasha, being the famous supermodel that she is, became a little extra friendly with him and he wanted to know what among them did Natasha read.

"Like how you were her new boyfriend." She tried hard to hide the bitterness but failed terribly.

Farhan groaned from inside, "you know that's not true, right?" He hoped that she'd trust him.

Natasha was once again yelling at her cousins, "you come to the home, Farhan. We will talk later at night." Before he could speak anything else, she hung up the call.

He stared at the phone in disbelief. Did she or did she not trust him?

***

Natasha huffed as she finally cleaned all the mess which her cousins have created and lied down on the sofa being completely exhausted. She loved them and all, but they can get a bit messy and naughty. If it wasn't for Fawad and Humera, she had no idea how she'd have managed. But she had a great day nevertheless, minus the news of Sasha sending some gift for her husband.

In all that she has forgotten to congratulate Farhan for getting nominated as the best designer. She knew how passionate he is about his work. And it was stupid of her to act upon her insecurity and not be happy for him first. To make it up to him, she took it upon herself to prepare all his favourite dishes, and by the end of the day, she was tired beyond words.

Farhan parked his car and nodded at the watchman who greeted him. It has been a busy day at work, and coming back home he was nervous throughout the ride. What if Natasha didn't trust him and thought that he really did date that model? He hoped not.

When he walked inside the living room all his worries vanished in the thin air, as he saw his wife lying on the sofa in an uncomfortable position. Probably slept whilst waiting for him and just the thought brings a wide smile on his face.

Bending down on his knees, he took a moment to sit and observe how cute and adorable she looked whilst sleeping; with her lip slightly open and hair all over her face. A chuckle left his mouth as he tucked those hair strands behind her ears. She stirred in her sleep and he was lost in her once again.

She was so pretty and all his.

His hands go to caress her face involuntarily, they were so soft and she woke up with a jerk, startling both of them.

"Farhan..." she mumbled sleepily, a small smile stretched on her lips as she whispered, "congratulations. I'm so happy for you."

He couldn't stop that ridiculous smile forming on his lips, "thank you. But why are you sleeping here?" he asked with amusement as she sat up lazily whilst he took a seat beside her. She came closer to him and snuggled into his arms, taking Farhan off guard. God, she was so cute.

"I cleaned the mess created by my cousins and prepared all your favourite dishes for congratulating you." She mumbled lazily whilst nuzzling her head into his chest, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, enjoying these little moments.

"You seem exhausted. Why didn't you take the maid's help?" Farhan asked whilst inhaling her shampoo smell. She smelled too good.

"The maid did help but still, I'm exhausted with all the celebrations and cooking." She whispered softly.

Farhan's heart was thumping in and out with every passing second, she had this really crazy effect on him.

Placing a soft kiss on her hair he murmured, "you should sleep on the bed, you look very tired."

By now she was fully awake, pulling back from his embrace, she smiled at him widely, "oh... you're really here."

An amused chuckle left his mouth as he asked, "what did you think then?"

"I thought it was my dream or something." She hugged him again, this time more tightly, "congratulations. I'm SO happy for you."

Farhan pulled her cheeks and then hugged her back, "thank you so much, Nats." She giggled at his pinch and mumbled, "you get changed. I'll set the table for you."

He nodded at that and leaned in to place a lingering kiss on her cheeks, and walked upstairs with a wide grin.

Natasha on the other hand was frozen to her spot. It wasn't even the first time he was kissing her but still had that crazy effect on her like it was the first time. Which makes her forget everything for a while. Smiling to herself like a fool she goes to set the table for him, with her cheeks so red like a tomato.

***

After the dinner was over, Farhan walked into the kitchen to wash his hands while Natasha was keeping the dirty dishes in the sink. He pulled her wrists, "come with me. I want to talk to you." She washed her hands in a hurry and followed him behind.

Farhan sat on their bed, and made her sit beside him as well, "you know what I'm going to talk about right?"

Natasha nodded in positive knowing very well of what is going to happen next, "don't worry, Farhan. I know very well that it was just a rumour. Plus, you'd never do something like that when you were so in love with Haya at that time. I trust you too much that it seems crazy."

He heaved a sigh of relief from inside and pulled her into his embrace, she made herself more comfortable while placing her legs on his torso and hugged him extra tightly. He gulped his saliva at this new position. Is she not aware of what this closeness is doing to him? But he hugged her back nevertheless. Breathing in and out, unevenly.

"I trust you." She mumbled again.

Overwhelmed with happiness, he grabbed her face and pulled her for a quick and hungry kiss. She responded back with equal passion. Her hands ran through his hair, messing them up, as she kissed him wildly, their tongues battled for dominance and neither of them won.

"I was so scared," he muttered in between the kiss.

Natasha broke the kiss whilst panting heavily and stared at him with confusion, as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "why?" She asked him.

He stared into her pretty green eyes, "thinking that you believed those rubbish and not me." Farhan chuckled dryly at the end.

She scoffed at him, "of course. You've been my best friend for years now. I know you too much, Farhan. I trust you, a lot."

A small smile formed on his lips as he muttered, "you don't know what those words mean to me. I'm so lucky to have you as my wife."

Natasha blushed at that. It was the first time he is complimenting her as his wife. Things changed, and so did he. No one is gladder than her.

"Remember when I asked you why did you marry when you were so in love with someone else?" she nodded her head confusedly.

"I-I was tired. I was tired of constantly getting hurt and expecting him to look at me in the ways he'd never look. I wanted to forget everything and start afresh. Maybe I thought marrying someone would have helped me. I married because I wanted to be loved and cherished. I wanted to feel what it'd be like to be loved by someone, who I'd call mine. But guess, I'm not lucky enough?" Natasha recollected her answer with a sad smile.

"I want to make you feel lucky enough, Natasha. I want to give you all those things and so much more. I want to cherish you, so much. I want to fall in love with you and make you fall in love with me." Farhan cupped her face as he whispered those words.

She stared at him wide-eyed, her eyes were filled with happy tears. She was not able to believe her ears. Did he really say those words? Or was she dreaming?

"Are you serious?" she asked in disbelief, her hands were shaking by now.

"I've never been so serious in my life, Natasha. I want to fall in love with you. Your heart and soul. Everything." he pecked her lips softly, making her freeze yet again.

"Then good luck with that, Farhan Sheikh." she hugged him tightly whilst placing her head in the crook of his neck.

A wide smile etched on his lips as he hugged her back,"get ready to fall in love with me, Mrs Farhan Sheikh."

Oh, he had no idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.6K 3.8K 28
(Unwanted Series#4) (Sequel to HSB & HAB) -"She has my heart. Its all up to her either cherish it or throw it."- - - - "Sha-Shai-Shaizum.. Shaizum...
44.4K 3.8K 63
โ€ข She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. โ€ข Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
22K 2K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
828K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...