Xerxes Knight: The Alpha King...

By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

|HIGHEST RANKING| #4 in Werewolf. #1 in Mate. * "He's dangerous. He's invincible." "He can take on hundreds o... More

Prologue.
|One|
|Two|
|Three|
|Four|
|Five|
|Six|
|Seven|
|Eight|
|Nine|
|Ten|
|Eleven|
|Twelve|
|Thirteen|
|Fourteen|
|Fifteen|
|Sixteen|
|Seventeen|
|Eighteen|
|Nineteen|
|Twenty|
|Twenty-one|
|Twenty-Two|
|Twenty-three|
| Twenty four |
|Twenty five|
|Twenty six|
|Twenty- seven|
|Twenty eight|
|Twenty Nine|
|Thirty|
|Thirty-one|
|Thirty-Two|
|Thirty- three|
|Thirty- four|
|Thirty-Five|
|Thirty- six|
|Thirty-seven|
|Thirty- Eight|
|Thirty- Nine|
|Fourty|
|Fourty-One|
|Fourty- two|
|Fourty-Three|
|Fourty - Four|
|Fourty- Five|
|Fourty- Six|
|Fourty- Seven|
|Fourty-Eight|
Let's discuss.
|Fourty- Nine|
|Fifty|
|Fifty- One|
|Fifty- Two|
|Fifty-Three|
|Fifty-Four|
|Fifty-Five|
|Fifty-Six|
|Fifty- Seven|
|Fifty-Eight|
|Fifty-Nine|
|Sixty|
|Sixty- One|
|Sixty-two|
|Sixty-Three|
|Sixty-Four|
|Sixty-Five|
|Sixty-Six|
|Sixty-SevenI
|Sixty-Eight|
|Sixty-Nine|
|Seventy-One|
|Seventy-Two|

|Seventy|

20.6K 850 144
By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

Violet stood before me as a shield as we stared at the snarling group of men before us. All ten glowing pair of eyes was on us, watching us like a hawk, taking note of our every move.

I took a step back unknowing which made one of them tsk at me. 'Don't even think about running off, sweetheart.'

'Wow, I feel so good for some reason after I injected myself with that serum.' One of them at the back suddenly spoke up as he stared down at his own hands, clenching and unclenching it. 'Our Lord is amazing. How did he even manage to find out about-' His rambling was cut off by a low growl from the man standing beside him.

'Oops.' The man chuckled unfazed by the heated stare he was receiving from his group. 'I tend to speak too much when I am excited. Excuse me for my rudeness.' He seemed to be enjoying the situation he was in. He seemed to be high on something as per his words and actions. 'Who knew lurking around this side of the border will lead the treat to us.' He went out without a single care about any of us. 'We have to thank Leo for that; he let us know where the target was headed before he was killed.' He paused then sighed, not a hint of sadness in his tone as he whispered, 'Rest in peace, Leo or in pieces.' He cackled at his own joke and turned to the men standing next to him. Did you get it, pieces...' He tried to explain but the man looked uninterested.

If the situation wasn't threatening then their conversation would have sounded like normal friends discussing about mundane topics but their deadly stare on us were anything but normal. Their murderous intent was obvious.

Violet looked at me once and gave me a nod signalling me to be ready for what was about to happen. The men slowly form a circle around us caging us in to not let any of us escaped.

'Oh, I think she's pregnant.' The same hyper man spoke up after he got over his own twisted joke that no one laughed at. He had his finger pointed towards my stomach. 'But doesn't she fit the description of the woman we were ordered to kill?' He sounded confused as he turned to the man next to him.

My blood ran cold at his words. So they indeed had the order to kill me which means Roman had no use of me now but what about the baby. Was it his intention to kill the baby too?

'Shut the fuck up, Mark.' The man next to him growled.

'Hey! I wasn't aware the person we were supposed to kill was bearing a child. That's just wrong.' The man named Mark threw his hands in the air as if he couldn't believe his eyes. 'If I had known then I would have charged double for double heads.' His smile turned dark as his eyes lay on my stomach which caused an icy chill to run down my spine. I shielded my stomach with my arms protectively.

'We don't have an order to harm the child.' One of them spoke up. 'The Lord wants her dead but in one piece. Get that in your thick head, Mark.'

'What about the other one?' One of them asked pointing at Violet rather rudely.

'We couldn't care less about her.' The guy that growled at Mark before answered. 'Do as you all please with her.'

'Okay. So we can do anything we wish to with her.' Mark spoke up again as he pointed at Violet then he dragged it towards me. 'We can kill her but have to be careful as not to harm the child because our Lord has some plans which involved the child.' He nodded as if he understood the situation.

They were openly discussing about their plans in front of us as if they couldn't care less about us or feel a tad bit threaten because they were confident they will finish us off easily. Though I didn't want to admit, I had my own doubts on getting out of their clutches alive or unharmed because they were larger in number and like the guy Mark had mentioned about a dubious serum they have injected themselves with, I wasn't sure what that will do but probably won't be in our favour.

'Aren't you guys too confident discussing your Lord's plan so openly in front of your enemies?' Violet smirked.

The man next to Mark sighed and massaged his forehead before speaking up. 'Quiet down for a minute, Mark.' He then turned towards us and shrugged nonchalantly. 'Even if you know our Lord's plans, dead bodies can't talk.' He said confidently raising a hand in the air before giving his command with a flick of his wrist. 'Go crazy, boys.'

'I will get you out of here.' Violet whispered to me before the men commanded his men to attack.

As soon as the nine men received the command, they charged towards us shifting in their wolf form mid air and Violet didn't waste a second to shift.

Vivi, please lend me your strength. I mentally asked my wolf's help before preparing to defend myself.
I was in my fighting stance and had my mind made up. If they were coming at me with intent to kill then I might as well fight them with the same intent.

Please bear with it, baby.

I step sided the wolf that was going to attack me but had another one attacking me from the back. Violet and I was doing our best to be on the defensive as we tried to dodge the attacks from the nine wolves. The man who gave the command was a feet away from the scene watching us getting cornered by his men.

'Oh, we have a Luna that can't shift.' He said mockingly watching Violet and me who were huddled in the middle with the wolves circling us, toying with us. 'And from the looks of it, you don't have any special ability too or is your speciality spreading your legs for your Alpha?' He taunted.

Violet growled at his vulgar words which made him laugh. My fists clenched at his words but I couldn't say anything. I knew I had no special ability nor any extraordinary skill that I could show off to the people but that doesn't mean I was any less worthy to be with Xerxes. I had accepted the fact that I was fated to be with Xerxes and bear his child that will rule the world. For me that was enough, being with Xerxes was enough for me. His love was enough for me. Just because I was with Xerxes doesn't mean I have to be extremely skilled and possess a special ability.

The moon goddess had never said that the pair she matches has to be equal in status or strength with each other, she pair us keeping in mind who complement each other best and I know I was the chosen one for Xerxes so despite what the world have to say about us as a fated pair, I will still choose to be with him over and over again.

Irrespective of all that, I had never stopped pushing forward to be a better pair who Xerxes can show off without any shame. Just because I was chosen as his pair, I had never once let it get to my head and had vigorously trained to be a better version of myself. I wanted Xerxes to be proud of me as I was of him but this man standing before me, mocking me so brazenly, taunting the Luna Queen as if I was a dirt he couldn't care less of seriously ticked me off.

'Never make a mistake to look down on your enemy.' I spoke up. My entire body felt hot as the same sensation I had felt back in the escape route flow within me and I felt different and oddly...thirsty.

I didn't fail to notice the slight widening of the man's eyes as he stared at me, the wolves stopped circling and were ready to attack but before they could make a move, I rushed towards the man and had him by his neck.

'What the-' Disbelief registered in his eyes as he looked me in the eyes. My hands itched to draw my fingers into his flesh but I quickly threw him away before grabbing hold of the hinds of the wolf in the mid air that lunged to attack me. With my hands firmly grabbing onto his hinds I turned on my heels as I swirl him over my head before slamming him on the ground. Without wasting a second, my knee pressed on his chest and I grabbed his mouth before ripping it apart, killing him instantly. When his blood soaked my hands and I felt the slippery liquid on my skin with thick smell of copper in the air, I felt strange as if a quarter of my thirst was satisfied and I wanted more.

Getting to my feet, I turned to the other wolves that stood motionless as they stared my way. Violet too seemed to be caught in the trance but it all vanished when the man barked out orders from behind me. 'What are you all waiting for, kill them.' He got to his feet but made no move to leave his position and before I could take a step towards him to attack, five wolves gathered around me blocking my path. I turned towards Violet and saw her fighting off three wolves, she seemed to be holding on perfectly fine so I decided to focus on the situation I had on my hand.

My hands itched to be dug in their flesh and I was thrilled, my body felt light and it all seem natural to me.

The wolves didn't waste another second and came running towards me all at once but what they didn't realized was I could see everything clearly; I could see the gaps between them easily and could sense their attacks. So taking that to my advantage I slipped passes them from the tiny gap between the two wolves and with a quick twirl on my heels I turned around to grab the tail of one of them and with the strength I didn't know I had lifted his body in the air and slammed him against the other. I ran after the others and kicked one of them at the stomach before landing a punch on the other. Before I could prepare for my next attack, one of them bit down on my arm.

I hissed in pain when he bit harder but didn't waver as I drew my other hand and punched at the middle of his head. He didn't let go of my arm and I saw the other wolves getting to their feet. I punched at the same spot thrice and at the last punch there was a crack sound and his bite loosens. I shook him off and ripped him by his mouth before throwing his lifeless body at the wolf running towards me.

Their wolf form was smaller in size as compared to the ones I've seen in our pack. Their sizes were that of normal wolves and not of a fighter or a warrior and it was proven by their attacks too. Their attacks were not sharp but they were fast and their hits were hard.

The fight went on and I was able to kill three of them and Violet had taken down the same number. The three wolves stood beside the man who were barking orders before and were growling at us. He never once shifted nor did he help any of his men. He stood at a safe distance and kept an eye on us making me wonder what he had up his sleeve or what his intentions were.

'It's two versus one each now.' I rolled by shoulders getting ready to attack but the man's next words stopped me.

He didn't look fazed instead a smile dawn on his face. 'It is... or Is it, sweetheart?' His tone was mocking as he looked at me with a glint in his eyes that didn't settle well with me. 'Look around.'

I did as he said and I saw multiple dark shadows around us as they moved towards us from the bushes around us and I realized they have called for backups. This time it wasn't a less number, though I didn't have the leisure to count, they were approximately twice the number than before.

Violet didn't looked tired but I know this number was too much even for her and for me to take on but we had no other choice but to fight them. I exhaled loudly taking my stance, preparing for them to attack when I sensed an impending presence as the twigs crunched getting the attention of everyone gathered.

'Cornering two women like that isn't very gentlemen like, boys.' A familiar voice said before a familiar face came into our view and I never thought I would feel relieved hearing his voice or seeing his face.

Nikcolai.

*
In some chapters it's written as Nickolai but NIKCOLAI is supposed to be the correct spelling, sorry I messed up.
See y'all in the next update.
Stay safe and stay gold xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

744K 21.7K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
881K 26.3K 55
"Yes, you are. Don't you have any shame?" "Shame?" I asked, confused with what shame has to do with being jealous. "Yes, shame. Don't you have any sh...
747K 32.8K 79
Alphas did not have daughters. They never have. It just didn't happen. When an Alpha's mate gives birth to a baby girl, he refuses to recognize her...
10.1M 325K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...