Tenth Grade was Fun!

By ThatPinnalPonnu

Sometimes you get things to happen your way and you're happy, sometimes you don't and you're hurt. What hurts... More

AUTHOR'S NOTES
PROLOGUE
1. RUSH HOUR
2. FRUSTRATIONS AND SURPRISES
3. HE'S HERE
4. FINISHING OFF IN STYLE
5. BRAIN FART
6. STORMY SEA OF MOVING EMOTIONS
7. YOU'RE FUCKED...NOT
8. UNFORTUNATE MISTAKES
9. LOCK-IN CONFESSIONS
10. SNIVELLUS ISSUES
11. UGLY BUS RIDE
12. MISSION LIKE LIKE
13. SOME SUPERHERO
14. TEAM 'SOMEONE ELSE'
15. MOVING IN
16. SAINT-LIKE REP
17. THERMOS OR SON?
18. LUCKY BASTARD
19. SKELETON SIMILARITIES
20. UNEXPECTED HELP
21. DRUNKEN RUINS
22. SURPRISE...SURPRISE?
23. BREAKING THIN ICE
24. CLUELESS DUMBOS
25. CUCKOO
27. END OF AN ERA
28. VISITS
29. I LOVE YOU, BUT I'M SORRY
30. NOT-NERDS
31. DON'T WANNA HANG UP
32. THE TALK
33. JUST A NIGHTMARE...OF A MEMORY
34. SO DOES HE
EPILOGUE
Bonus Chapter
TEASER FOR SEQUEL SPINOFF
Q's and A's

26. LIKE DESTIEL SHIP

97 8 134
By ThatPinnalPonnu

A/N: I wish I saw a boy get burnt with rejection like that in the above attached video lol! 

Tossing the snacks bag towards Mia, I slump beside her, my thoughts still on what had just happened.

I'm pretty sure Ved kissing you is gonna look like you cheated on Nikki and this just gives DQ more ammo.

Mia and Harsh immediately dive in and Darsh picks after them but when I make no move, Mia notices my mood and asks me if I was alright.

"Yeah, yeah..."

"Seriously, cut the crap. I know that look. Good or bad, but something's up." She remarks with an eye roll.

Wow she knows me real well to know how I'm feeling just by looking at my face because I have one of the best poker faces.

And she's known you for less than a year.

Yeah, even those two old friends of mine didn't know—

Don't go there. It's in the past. Be happy that you've got these people now.

"So?" Mia voices out again, her brows risen up expectantly.

"Hey, we're just going out for a round around this floor. Can you manage?" Darsh cuts in, gesturing to himself and Harsh.

"Sure." Mia replies without missing a beat while giving me a glance from the corner of her eyes.

The boys leave and I've got no option but to talk to Mia—who is still looking at me with her eyebrows up.

Sighing I spout out everything, from me noticing the awkwardness between Ved and Harsh to me going to the canteen to Ved taking off after kissing me.

"That's one fucked-up shit." She says lowly, once I finish explaining.

After a few seconds of silence she speaks again, "Watcha gonna tell Nikhil now?"

If it isn't the million dollar question.

Actually add a few more zeroes to million.

I mull over her question for some time before turning up with a lame response.

"I honestly don't know." I shrug slowly, but I notice Mia looking to the front of our table.

"Don't know what these plants are actually for?" A new voice comes.

I snap my head to see Nikki standing in front of our table with a smirk.

"Uh— I...what are you doing here?" I ask with a scowl.

"Gasp, won't you explain these to me—your lovely boyfriend?" He places his hands on his chest in mock hurt.

"Did you ju—did you just say 'gasp'?" I ask him, a small smile playing on my lips.

He hums in approval and then demands me to explain my topic just like I had done to him.

Groaning I explain everything and he keeps interrupting me a lot in between.

I whine at him finally as I end and when he starts to interrupt me again, I glare at him while reaching out and smacking his chest.

"I'm seriously thinking of running away from here, right now." I grunt.

He leans forward and pinches my cheeks muttering, "Easy there tigress! I ain't letting you run anywhere now."

That makes me think about what had just happened between Ved and me and even before I could think, my mouth blurts out, "Hey, can we talk?"

Mia gives me an understanding look before solemnly nodding once and leaving us.

Nikhil frowns at our exchange and asks me, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. So...can we talk?"

"Sure Ritu."

He walks behind the table and sits beside me.

"I...um, you know, I went to get some food from canteen right?"

He nods with no clue about where this is leading to.

"Well, when I was buying food, I— I saw Ved and we just walked back together after he bought something for him..."

He shrugs again because he had trusted Ved to be completely platonic with me. Not like he trusted Ved, but Nikki trusted me and I trusted Ved so, he was okay with me and Ved being friends.

"We were coming back when he just— he suddenly grabbed me and...and he um— he kissed me." I whisper the last part.

Nikhil freezes before opening his mouth, "I'm sorry, I think I heard you say that he kissed you?"

I nod and then rush to explain, "I tried pushing him off. I swear I did. And then he himself pulled away and he was all like, frustrated and he started to— he started behaving like he went cuckoo, honestly and then he just ran away from me like—"

"Okay, okay. Wait. He went cuckoo?"

I nod frantically while ranting, "I didn't even kiss him back, I swear. He just, out of nowhere held me and—"

"Ritu."

"—just like that—"

"Ritu."

"—he started to kiss me and before I could punch him—"

Rolling his eyes, Nikhil cups my face and pulls me in, planting his lips on mine. Pulling away, he smirks, but I can see the anger in his eyes while saying, "I'm the best kisser, aren't I?"

My jaw hanging open, I exclaim, "DUDE! We're like talking about how a boy whom you trusted your girlfriend to be friends with has kissed her and you're acting like...like this!"

"Well, did you kiss on purpose?" He questions skeptically.

"Nope. I didn't even kiss him back in the first place." I mutter without missing a beat.

"So, he kissed you. And he'll pay for that." Nikhil mutters calmly but I sense the anger as he slightly clenches and unclenches his fists.

"But wait, before you do anything to him, listen. I think there's something going on between him and Harsh."

"Huh?" He asks, utterly confused.

I tell him everything from the beginning about how those two acted awkwardly in each other's presence.

"Maybe I'll have a word with Harsh before I do anything to Ved." Nikhil mutters after I finish talking.

I hum and ask him something that I've been wondering for so long.

"Are you— are you mad at me? Are we okay?"

"I...I won't lie, I am angry but...it wasn't your fault. But that son of a bitch is definitely going to get a piece of my mind." He huffs out in reply.

"Aren't you just a ray of sunshine!" I roll my eyes.

"Um...if I remember properly, you are the spitfire and I'm the calm one in our relationship?" He comments with a raised eyebrow.

"What the fuck? No! I'm calm too!" I yell.

Students from our adjacent table look at me strangely.

"Wanna rethink that?" Nikhil asks, holding back a laugh.

"Screw you." I mumble grudgingly.

"Oh, you can. As much as you want." Nikhil whispers lowly only for me to hear.

I look at him, my face horrified.

Of course, I've a perverted mind and take double meanings like, whenever Dean talks to Cass and all, but I've never considered sexual innuendoes related to or about myself.

I smack him hard to which he exaggerates a hurt expression and throws his arms around my shoulders.

Someone clears their throat and I snap my head towards the source—a bit annoyed that they just broke the moment Nikhil and I were having.

Lo and behold, DQ stands there with a neutral look but her eyes twitch ever so slightly.

I'm honestly satisfied that I get to show off Nikhil but being the girl with stupid default brain settings of not making people feel bad, guilt eats me as I notice that I must be hurting her—when it's just jealousy she might be drowning in.

Plain and simple jealousy.

Her parents suddenly come and we greet each other and I explain them about the shit—I mean, the plants displayed on our table.

We talk for some time about academic crap and Nikhil throws in a few positive comments here and there after introducing himself as my boyfriend, gaining some points for me.

Nikhil leaves in between when one of his presentation partners come and call him.

DQ's parents tell me to keep up my work and they move around to the other tables while DQ stays in front of mine.

"May I help you?" I can't help but ask bitterly.

"Oh, no. Actually, I think you might be the one who'll need help later on." She smirks.

"What do you mean?" I ask with panic in my voice, because I know she has the upper hand when it comes to my house's financial situation and hence, indirectly, my future.

"Ah, my mother is calling. Guess I should go." She replies and saunters off after giving me a cold look.

Nothing's gonna happen. You're fine. It's okay.

But she just—

I SAID IT'S OKAY.

I am about to slump back onto the bench but from my place I see something a few feet away from outside the entrance of our classroom.

I go out to make sure what I see is true and what I see makes me wanna check my eyesight again, again.

Nikhil is having his hands slung casually over Ved who's sporting a bruised jaw and on the other side of Ved is Harsh, who looks happy too.

What surprises me even more is that Ved and Nikhil were exchanging casual chuckles.

Their expressions change serious suddenly and Ved nods at something Nikhil says.

Nikki then pats Ved's shoulder and smiles to which Ved smiles back.

You sure that's what is happening?

You're the brain. You're controlling the eyes!!

Right.

Ved and Nikhil notice me and hurry their pace with Harsh tailing them.

"We were just coming to see you actually. Guess who I met after I left you here?" Nikhil muses.

Ved smiles at me and shifts uncomfortably before muttering, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you like that. I'm sor—"

"Why did you run away? Like, no explanation at all, you took flight." I glare at him.

"Well, go on. Tell her man. She won't say anything, in fact she was the one who was more concerned about you going, and I quote, 'cuckoo'!" Nikhil butts in.

"What're you guys leading to?" I ask, puzzled about what they're talking about.

"I um...I kissed you because I liked you. Or so I thought until a couple of days before that day in ground when Harsh slammed into me when you guys were bunking classes the entire day..."

Or so he thought? What?

"I'm gay." He blurts out as if he had wanted to vomit it out for a very long time.

I gape at him, opening and closing my mouth while I process what he just told me.

"I actually um...accidently slammed into Harsh a couple of days before that day he had ran into me in the ground and we um...we kissed, accidently, but then we uh— we—"

"We liked it. Well I knew I was gay, but this guy noticed it that day. You should've seen his face though, man he was scared shitless. And then he bolted off saying 'No, I like Vicky' and all." Harsh finishes with an eye roll.

Wow he just said that so casually like he was just stating that sky is blue or that the sun is luminous or that Jensen Ackles was super-hot or that Sam Winchester was a moose or that Dean loves Cass romantically or that—

Okay, I get your point. Shut it.

I open my mouth and squeak out my thought for the first time after they had talked, which makes Nikhil to roll his eyes with a short laugh, Harsh to groan in annoyance and Ved to look at me with a confused expression.

"So you guys are gay? Like Destiel ship?"

A/N: Laura_hunter0110 Remember, I never denied. I just said, and I quote 'wth?!'

mic_drop2106 You like what I've penciled Ved in for?

Thoughts? Vote and comment, please and thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 3.5K 72
four girls with different dreams and different likes.. bound by friendship and determination to stay together as strong as any circle of friends coul...
93 2 20
*Insert dramatic music* Two best friends, normal right? Well not in this case. Love, wasn't a thing in neither of their lives. But when each...
738 58 27
Teenage boys and girls get many chances to fall in love over and over again. They fall in love and overcome from that love very easily. In this phase...
40.4K 3.5K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...