Say Her Name

By midnightVS

"What do you know?" Axel whispers into my ear sending shivers down my spine. "I know you are not human." I t... More

Prologue: The Devil Within
Chapter 1: Flight 22
Chapter 2: Nights
Chapter 3: Eyes on Fire
Chapter 4: Arabella
Chapter 5: Bleeding Out
Chapter 6: See You Again
Chapter 7: Animals
Chapter 8: One More Night
Chapter 9: Remember
Chapter 10: Novacane
Chapter 11: Sundress
Chapter 12: Alone
Chapter 13: Demons
Chapter 14: Somebody That I Use to Know
Chapter 15: Cayendo
Chapter 16: Seven Devils
Chapter 18: I Found
Epilogue: you should see me in a crown

Chapter 17: Goodbye

17 0 0
By midnightVS

Chapter 17: Goodbye

Asmy

~~~

And all the good girls go to hell

Baby, I don't feel so good

~~~

"Are you not going to beg, my lord?" sarcasm dripped from the knight's voice.

They had me tied down again. Exposed and vulnerable to every passing being, just how they wanted me the first time.

I kept my mouth shut, just glaring at them. I will not give them the satisfaction of torture.

"I think she thinks she's too good for us." One of the fools said in attempts to instigate conflict.

"Is that so my Lord? You think you're too good for us after all the bidding we did for you?"

I could tell by the intensity of his voice that the remark got to him. He grabbed me by my hair and pulled to his distorted burned face.

"You're nothing but a worthless piece of human. A fluke in the system. And when I'm done with you, you will beg for mercy."

He let go of me roughly, and my heart started palpitating faster. I knew that what he said wasn't a lie. I knew that everything he promised, he will deliver.

I knew what I had to do to survive, but I don't know what would be better. A lifetime of pure evil, of killing and bringing people down with me? Or should I die to save the lives of others?

Isn't someone just going to replace me at the end of it all? There will always be a prince of lust, it doesn't matter who it is. If it's me, I can attempt to target those who really are committing the sin itself. Only target those vile, those corrupted to the soul, those who truly deserve to be in hell, instead of tempting all the others. If I keep my crown, I can save people

But if I keep my crown, will I lose my soul completely?

If I keep my crown, will I remember what it was to be human? Will I remember my oath to protect the innocent?

I was pulled back from my thoughts by claws digging through my stomach, inflicting burning pain.

I couldn't help myself but let out a high-pitched scream. The pain consumed my whole body, almost paralyzing me. Tears slipped out of my eyes, and they laughed, mocking my weakness.

"Not so tough now, are you?" One of the demons taunted

I couldn't take it anymore and said, "You will all be dead when I get out of this."

I knew what I had to do. I could not let them take me. I knew that the only way to save myself and save others was to accept my fate. I know this is not what Lucifer wanted for me. I know this is not with Azrael wanted for me. I was just a girl thrown into chaos. I just needed to survive. My whole existence has been about survival, and today, I had to make a choice.

I'm sorry, Luce.

'Aileen!'

***

Axel

It was freezing down here.

Who would have thought that hell was actually just an icy hole of torture? You could see my fingers turning blue, and I could swear that my mucus turned into icicles. I almost felt like a cartoon.

"Timore, are you sure we're going in the right direction?" I mean, she should know, right? She is a demon from hell.

Timore just looked at me, not even bothering to give me an answer.

I don't even know why I came at this point. Timore could clearly handle herself. If anything, I'm just dead weight. How can I help if I didn't even know up until a few weeks ago that I, myself, was not human?

What does that even mean?

Do I have special superpowers? I know that I heal quickly. Can I heal other people? Will I be able to save Aileen?

Why did I come?

Why am I pretending? I know the answer to that. This person has consumed my mind, I can't stop thinking about her. I don't understand this attachment. I'm not exactly sure if this is what I want, or if it was passed down from my mother.

Is this my reason for existence?

I think about that night. Her soft body, the taste of her. She was a treat laid out for me, and I was hers to do whatever she pleased. I know that what's between us is more than just another assignment. I know that just how she has influenced me, I have entangled myself into her life.

It's not love. I know it's not love. I do know, however, that it can turn into something more.

A rush of wind returned me to the present moment, as I saw in my peripherals something shiny coming straight at me.

"Watch out!" Timore pushed me out of the way.

Instantly I felt myself going into fight or flight mode. I pulled a dagger from my belt that Timore had given me, and I saw Timore do the same.

A small nasty little creature hurled its way to us. It was the first demon I saw here. Straight out of nightmares, this creature was as small as a Chihuahua but don't let the size fool you. It had no sign of a face except for a mouth that enlarged wider than its body, showing sharp canines all around. It had four legs with bird-like feet, blisters consuming its tiny little body. I couldn't imagine seeing something bigger than this when just something this small is pure horror.

"Nasty little shit." Said Timore and disappeared right in front of me only to reappear in the back of the creature

She grabbed it by its neck and brought it up, the demon flailing around, no longer looking high and mighty.

"Where is your Prince?" I strangely understood a language that I had never heard in my life.

"Outside the gates." I was surprised by its tone. It sounded like something from The Exorcist.

Who would have thought that a small creature like that could have such a deep, loud voice?

I thought Timore was going to let it go. But instead, she grabbed its body and between her two arms and pulled at it until it ripped apart right in front of us, releasing black goo.

"Let's go." was all she said.

What in the Hell?

~~~

Time runs differently here. Timore tried to explain to me that time is irrelevant. That plane doesn't exist in this universe. But it feels like we've been walking for days.

My body is fatigued, and I could barely keep my eyes open. Timore keeps feeding me some strange fluids that make me want to gag but, they're keeping me alive and giving my body the nutrients, it needs. At this rate, I don't even know if we will get to Aileen on time.

We haven't run into any demons recently. But I can sense how agitated Timore is.

"We're close," she tells me after another mile of walking.

"Is she still alive?" I ask her.

"I can sense her still, but she's in pain."

And as if on cue, we hear a loud painful scream that makes my body run cold.

Timore and I look at each other and take off on a sprint towards the direction of the scream. Of in the distance, we see Aileen tied down, legs spread out with her arms wide apart, completely naked. There was an impossible amount of blood on her body. Bruises formed all around her white, supple skin, and I could see that she was just moments away from fading away.

I was about to yell at her, to tell her we were coming. But Timore pulled me back and covered my mouth.

"We only have one shot at this," she whispers harshly. "If they see us, we will be outnumbered. And there will be no one to help us."

I take a look again at the scene before me, and that's when I see it. Five men like creatures surrounding Aileen. One of them had the silhouette of a human being but was made out of pure slime. Another had no face, no lips, just enormous teeth, with a body that seemed to be on steroids. Two other creatures seemed to be their own person until you looked at them close enough, and saw that they shared one leg. They almost looked spiderlike with two heads. However, the last person was the most terrifying thing I've ever seen.

Just like any other horror description of the devil, it had the head and legs of a goat and the torso of a man. The horns were sharp and black. Its torso had scratches and brandings all over it, and its arms were burned up, blistering down to its claws. Although it may not have been the goriest creature down here, it was the most fascinating description of a devil to a human person.

Timore was correct. If we did not come up with a plan, all three of us would die there. I was new to this world; I had no idea what strength these demons possessed. They can kill me with just one look, and I would never know.

I look over at Timore and ask, "What's the plan?"

***

Asmy

I recognized her voice in my head.

She was here! She is always here for me.

'Timore!' I reached out to her through my mind.

'Aileen! We're here to get you out! But whatever you do, don't accept the crown.'

We?

In a blink of an eye, Timore appeared behind the leader of the group of knights holding me hostage and pulled her dagger through his neck. The goat head fell with a thud on the grown as his essence returned to the ashes of hell.

The group of knights looked confused and angry as they looked around to seek out the threat.

When nothing was found, one of the bastards stabbed my stomach again as I let out another piercing scream.

"You did this."

As much pain as I was in, I still gave it a taunting smile and said, "You're next."

Timore reappeared between us, and with her arms forming an X, she slid them open beheading the faceless head.

This time the other knights noticed who they were up against, and I could smell the fear emitting from their pathetic bodies.

Not so mighty this time.

Timore let out an angry yell as she lounged at them, ready to kill anyone who touched me.

The knights were so occupied by Timore, that they didn't notice me.

Just like Timore, he appeared in a blink of an eye.

"Axel?"

I couldn't believe it, even if I was seeing it with my own eyes.

"Timore showed me how to teleport." He joked, which contrasted with the serious face he had.

No human has ever come down to hell and survived.

But he wasn't human.

Axel pulled out a claw-like dagger that I'm sure Timore lent him and slashed at the slime. I heard a howl from the distance and saw one of the knights making its way two us.

Axel hurried on freeing me, which slowed down the knight. Once he slashed the last bit of slime, I pushed him behind me.

My body was still beaten and bloody. I still was on the brink of death. But this crown was still on me. It still felt life, and in return, I still had access to its strength.

The knight no longer holding me hostage and blocking my energy was no match for me. I grabbed it by its throat and lifted it.

"When I make a promise, I keep it."

I felt the heat of my eyes turning them black as that same heat traveled up my arm, to my hand, touching the knight. It let out another howl of pain as I began to burn it inside out.

I could hear in the distance Timore and Axel putting up a fight. But my eyes were focused on this knight in front of me.

It was loyal to me only, I created it. And now, I can destroy it.

The slime slowly started to disintegrate, and I could feel my energy rapidly declining. I pushed to hold on a little longer as I burned away the existence of this creature. I tighten my grip one last time, and the demon turned to ashes.

My body collapsed on the floor.

I felt it.

The crown felt it too.

It was too big on my head. It was too loose.

I'm dying, and if I didn't leave my human form now, I will cease to exist.

I looked over at Axel who was fighting of one last knight.

I need to save him.

I knew I had to let go.

"Aileen, wait!" I hear Timore, and she appears in front of me.

Timore cradles my head gently, the crown almost falling off. I see her take a dull penny as she puts it in my hands.

"Take it. Be free." I hear so much love in her voice.

"The crown will n-need... someone. I c-can't let them-m take it." I croak out, barely able to hold on anymore.

"I will take it, but you need to leave now." She closes my hand around the penny, then brings me close to her.

"I love you, Aileen."

My vision starts to fade, but her voice rings throughout my head.

"Axel! AXEL! You need to take her."

My eyes close feeling heavy. It gets harder and harder to stay. I vaguely feel the shift of a hold on my body, and I start to slip into the sweet darkness.

"Azrael!"

I feel a weight lifted off my head, and my grip on the penny loosens. Will I even make it? I start to sink deeper and deeper, where there's no longer pain. At least I will be in peace.

Behind my closed eyelids, I can feel a flash of light burning my body, and the darkness cowards away from my body.

I felt one last kiss on my cheek and a whisper, "Stay safe."

Reality slips away from me, and I let go, falling into the white light for the first time instead of darkness.

~~~

Copyright 2020

No n/a today!

If you like the story please vote and don't forget to comment!

~V

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 2K 35
Satan, the Devil. The embodiment of sin and Evil. at least, that's how the Bible pictures him. Satan. A ranking given to the strongest devils in the...
12.3K 114 72
Warning! This story contains mature content. Axel Ford is not just your typical bad boy he is also the leader for The Night Of The Serpent. Rumored t...
4K 112 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...
4.4K 196 29
18+ Edited and Completed When Mira bumps into a man in the club, dressed in wings, she thought "What kind of an inconsiderate idiot wears wings to t...