π“π‘π¨π¬πž 𝐋𝐒𝐭𝐭π₯𝐞 𝐓𝐑�...

Per lovetori_xo

Giwa Falade is the ruthless Queen Bee of Castron High. Known for her sassy, bold, no-nonsense attitude and aw... MΓ©s

Author's note
Those Little Things
1Β°
2Β°
3Β°
4Β°
5Β°
6Β°
7Β°
8Β°
9Β°
10Β°
CASTΒ°
11Β°
12Β°
13Β°
14Β°
15Β°
16Β°
17Β°
18Β°
19Β°
20Β°
21Β°
22Β°
23Β°
24Β°
25Β°
26Β°
27Β°
28Β°
29Β°
30Β°
31Β°
32Β°
33Β°
34Β°
35Β°
36Β°
37Β°
38
39Β°
40Β°
41Β°
42Β°
43Β°
44Β°
45Β°
46Β°
47Β°
48Β°
49Β°
50Β°
51Β°
52Β°
53Β°
54Β°
55Β°
56Β°
57Β°
58Β°
A few things I want to say❀️
59Β°
60Β°
62Β°
63Β°
64Β°
65Β°
66Β°
67Β°
68Β°
69Β°
70Β°
71Β°
72Β°
73Β°
Pre-update❀️
74Β°
75Β°
76Β°
77Β°
78Β°
DO NOT IGNORE πŸ™
79Β°
80Β°
ONE WORLD SERIES
81Β°
82Β°
83Β°
84Β°
85AΒ°
85BΒ°
85CΒ°
86Β°{FINAL CHAPTER}
THINGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED OUT IN TLT
Q and A
NOTICE❗❗

61Β°

2.5K 814 544
Per lovetori_xo

Hey guys ❤️
Thanks for being patient with me. LOVE YOU!!❤️❤️

My battery is low so I won't type too much authors note❤️

~PRISSY~

"Okay, mummy, bye." I wrapped up my conversation with my mum over the phone, right before heading back into my classroom.

We had free period before break and I had left the class to pick up my mum's call. Turns out she was already in school. Few minutes from now, I should be joining her as well as everyone else who were obligated to join the meeting with the school authority by 12pm today.

All I had to do is go back to class an keep my things intact, then_

"Wannabe Instagram Model!"

I was literally jolted by the resounding, loud taunting voice of one of my class girls, Dodoye as soon as I stepped into my class.

Oh. No.

"No, na. Abi, na whore!" Kamnele, who sat by her, quipped right after.

The entire class that was  presently filled up with my annoying class girls erupted into incessant laughter, nearly falling off their seat.

I groaned. Mentally exhausted and lacking much energy for all these nonsense.

Ignoring all of them, like I had been doing the entire week since the whole thing with Giwa went down, I just blocked out their laughs and baseless taunts and walked towards my seat quietly.

Ever since what happened with Giwa on Wednesday, my classmates were back on track. Full time. Giving and dashing out their worst to me at the fullest. With so much energy and vigour. All because, according to them, my 'guardian and protector' aka, Giwa Falade was now powerless.

In all honesty, it was irritating. Very irritating. My class girls were irritating. Infact, at this moment, the entire Ss3 set was irritating the shit out of me.

I heard unnecessary comments from my classmates and tried to wade them off. I should get used to all these names they're throwing at me soon; whore, man-hugger, prostitute, hoe, gold digger, ashawo.

But, I can't. I don't know whether it's the stress, shame, and frustration of what went down on Wednesday, but Christ, they're pushing buttons I didn't know I had.

And God..their laughs..their disgusting, high pitched, mannerless and almost local laughs. 'Twas enough to boil one's blood.

God knows with everything going on lately, I was honestly doubting how long I would be able to stand these girls of my class.

I tried my best to tune them out as I walked to my desk locker.

"Hi."

Miranda Archibong was the only person that greeted me as soon as I got to my seat.

I was already sitting on my seat and was forced to turn back to the dark skinned girl who had just tapped me from behind.

I forced a smile. As annoying as Miranda could come off most times, she actually didn't bother me like the other girls in my class.

Only one problem with her..

"I think it's unfair what Giwa did to you, though. I personally don't even like Hassana or Shade that much either. You're also thinking the same thing too, right?" Miranda inquired, eyes all wide in interest, expectant of a juicy answer.

That was Miranda's problem. Gossiping.

Funny enough, she was the same person acting like she would die if those girls she just condemned refused to notice her.

Let's make that two problems she had. Gossiping and... pleasing people for reps.

...sort of how she may have just been doing with me right now..

I didn't reply her. I had already done enough to feel bad about and I couldn't add badmouthing my friends to Miranda as part of the list.

"Prissy Waje!" I saw slender, light skinned hands drop on my desk at the call of my name.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Fought the urge to even look up to see who it was.

Another hand landed on my desk with a 'thud' sound. This time, dropping along a blue water bottle with it.

"Stand up and fill up my bottle for me. Bring it back in five minutes." A command followed.

I raised a brow.

What?

Small giggles and laughter filled the class as it seemed everyone was watching, interestedly.

I looked up slowly to meet the eyes of Tekena and Dera Kasey; the sun-bright chatterbox and the gap-tooth queen respectively, aka, second in command right after Ajiroghene herself, standing there in front of my desk and looking down at me, with eyes full of humor and mockery.

Back the fuck up?

I know these girls constantly tease me and call me all sorts of names and all..but.. commanding me to do things for them?

That was something they haven't ever really done. Not even Ajiro had done that before. That one was on a whole new level.

And the hell?

What was this sudden new level of bullying supposed to mean? Had I really reduced myself to that?

Had I?

You know what? Bullshit!

Enough! Enough  with people thinking they can walk all over me. Now, they think they can boss me around and turn me into a personal servant too?

Personal Servant?

Oh, Hell no. This isn't Jss3. Not happening. If I could stand up to a whole Giwa and still breath today.....well, then these girls were dust.

"Hel--lo!" Tekena sang, snapping her long fingers rudely in my face to get back my attention.

"Didn't you hear her? Or are you now deaf or something?" She snapped, eyeing me like dirt.

"Stand up and be snappy about it. We don't have all day!" Dera snapped her fingers too beside her, eyeing me up and down continuously and shoving her water bottle to my face. Doing that, she succeeded in sending waves of anger running through my spine like an electric current.

I flung it.

I snatched the damn bottle from her hand and flung it across the classroom.

"Ewo!" Someone exclaimed from the back row of the class. The noise in the class skyrocketed as these girls started to attack the hell out of me.

Tekena and Dera in front of me were not even going easy.

"What's all these nonsense, Waje!" Tekena was writhing so badly.

"Are you stupid or what? How dare you throw my bottle like that? Are you mad!?" Dera was also shouting and fuming.

"I don't have the strength for this." I made it clear. Calmly, yet serious as hell.

I wasn't even going to sit here and waste my time on these girls. I quickly wrapped up my packing and carried my school bag. Standing up from my seat, I proceeded to walk right out on them. On ALL of them.

"Ehh, you won't have strength now. But if it's man now that is calling you to kiss and suck dick behind Junior block, that one you'll have energy." Tekena reamed from behind me.

I don't know what came over me, but that statement triggered the fuck out of me.

I turned back sharply, taken over by rage, and shoved Tekena back so roughly, shocking her, and even myself as the lighter skinned girl fell helplessly down to the ground.

Jesus..where did that strength come from..

The class went bunkers! They were mad. Outraged.

"Prissy, what is this!"

"Waje, are you mad?!"

"See this bitch oo!"

"What's all these one!?"

Fists slammed on desks and voices attacked me from all angles. These people were furious.

"See how sudden power has entered you oo! Why didn't you push Giwa like that while she was dragging you like a mad woman that day?!" Dera screamed at my face.

"It's us you now want to be stronger than, abi. But when it's Giwa, you'll mellow and become like mumu, ba? You bloody coward!" She was shouting at me.

"Oh shut the hell up, Dera!" I screamed back, shocking myself with the furious sound behind my words.

"You're the coward! You and Tekena are both cowards!" I shouted back at her.

"Infact, all of you in this class!" I gestured round to everyone in the class. "All of you are cowards!"

Gasps were heard from every angle. The look of shock on their faces was enough to get me rolling on the floor, but I was too angry to laugh.

"You call me the coward, yet it's all of you who decided to pick on me just because you had a petty problem with Giwa! You were too scared to face her so you settled with me instead, right? How brave of you!"

I wasn't even done with them yet.

"Y'all are too scared to face the main bitch. You're too scared of Giwa Falade that you come down to Prissy Waje, naw? Just see how she makes all you losers shake! When she comes inside the class, you guys will act like she's holding a fucking gun or something!" I reamed all of them.

"Nobody is scared of Giwa Falade. She's an outcast now!" A furious Abba Praise defended the whole class standing up.

I actually scoffed.

"Yeah, you're not scared of her, alright!" I sarcastically replied.

"I've been watching your tactics all day. You guys just go and squeeze yourselves, pack yourselves in groups of threes, fours, fives, hell, even six! Just to attack one person. One person! It's so shameful really, how terrified you still are of her that even when it seems like she is powerless, like you guys say, you still can't even go one on one to face her. You still have to arm and protect yourselves with your large cliques!" I went on.

"No one is afraid of Giwa Falade." Another voice came up in defense.

"Why don't you go one on one and fucking tell that to her face! Go without your back up army and tell Giwa that she's shit! Go on. I want to see which one of you in this class can do it!"

I looked around at all of them. From Tekena and Dera..to the rest of the girls in the class.They looked like they wanted to protest but didn't have any words in defense. They looked somewhat dumbfounded. Annoyed too. Embarrassed, in a way. And just plain stupid.

"If only Giwa still knew the kind of power she still has over you losers." I told them all.

Teeth gritted at me and eyes glared heavily. No words were said in defence

Everything I said was the truth and they knew it. What could they say in objection?

Just when I turned back to leave the class, Ajiroghene stepped in.

I won't lie. My heart sank for a moment. But..I kept my composure. That has always been a talent.

Ajiro stood there, in front of the class, looking at everyone, slight confusion registered on her face as she tried to under why every where was suddenly so quiet.

Her eyes quietly moved from Tekena on the floor, lingered on me for a while, then moved to the rest of the class.

"Ajiro, can you believe what Prissy was saying to us. That we're afraid of Giwa!" Dera was the quickest to report me to her.

Ajiro looked at Dera for a while, hmped, then walked to her seat.

"Ajiro, did you hear Dera?" Someone asked softly.

With a quick dismissive wave of her hands, she just walked out of the class, feigning non-challance.

There was confusion everywhere.

Truly, Ajiro's attitude lately had been very strange. Even with the fact that everyone was against Giwa, she still had not said a word to me since she came back from Prison. (since her last encounter with Giwa)

I didn't even know whether to be worried or calm about her strange behavior. I couldn't tell what was going on in that head of hers.

I walked out of the class right after she left. Following my leave was the bell for break. It didn't even take too long from the point I left that I started to notice the noise coming up, everywhere around the hallway.

Judging through the side talks anf murmurs from all around me, I already knew what the whole hell of noise was all about.

Giwa Falade.

The entire set had been on her today. All through my stay in Castron High, the halls have never been noiser. This morning, a barrage of teachers needed to step up and force everyone back into their classes. Giwa, who the racket was all about was temporarily nowhere to be found.

But this noise...this noise, right here was suddenly became a bit abnormal. Almost like something else was happening.

I noticed that a crowd started forming somwhere towards the end of the hall. Looking around me, people were either, excited or somewhat curious, all of them, rushing to check out what was happening.

"Queen Giwa Falade!"

My heart dropped as the familiarity of the voice I just heard.

If I wasn't mistakened, that sounded like Kaniru George. That bloddy terrorist. That guy and Ajiro were the original people who joined forces to make me see hell in that class of mine. If you're ever thinking of a low-life, street jerk that was talented at disrespecting ladies. He's your guy.

I could soon get a glimpse of the scene everyone was engrossed in.

I first saw Kaniru and his pack of idiot hulligans. All of them, grinning like predators about to catch a prey. These excessively tall boys that nearly covered the space where they occupied, madealmost impossible for me to even see past them.

There was JJ - one of them. He was standing in front of the exit, grinning like an idiot as well. He was finding this even more amusing than the others. It was obvious he was...blocking Giwa's path?

..Giwa..

There she was. In the midst of all these. Basically getting surrounded by these beasts that called themselves teenage boys.

Giwa was looking all around her. A look of confusion painted her features - her face, her geatures. Knowing Giwa to an extent, I could pick up the slight hint of anger as well in her eyes. She looked tired..angry..frustrated..

Call me crazy..but I felt like I could also see a bit of ...fear?

Was Giwa afraid?

A whole Giwa Falade? Afraid?

Wait..she could get afraid?

I keep forgetting that she is still human. Anyone would be afraid at this point.

..I instantly recalled the time when Giwa had told me, confided in me, that she, herself, used to be bullied back in the past. No matter how much I pressed on, she had refused to tell me anything more than that. All I knew was that she was once bullied too..

That was initially what had caused us both to start connecting.

So, ofcourse, she would have been scared right now..

Shame on these my class boys..

One thing my class boys had in common was cowardice. In my opinion, the boys were even worse than the girls.

Before this whole thing went down with Giwa, those boys wouldn't dare cross her path. They'd bash her behind her back, but neither would say shit upfront. They absolutely detested her, but would NEVER admit that she was somewhat a threat to them.

Sadly, no one would call them out on this, because those boys were brutes. Bullies. Terrorists.

They stayed away from Giwa because of how highly she was been placed by everyone else - students (classmates and juniors), teachers and well, the entire damn school authority, but wouldn't mind hitting other girls who they thought were weaker vessels.

And yet, they claim to have pride. Their egos were larger than life itself. They knew those egos' of theirs wouldn't contain it if Giwa publicly embarrased them in anyway - as that was something Giwa was skilled at, when she was crossed. And these boys knew they couldn't do anything to her, because the consequences would be to their own detriment. They hated the fact that a 'girl'..one girl..could hold so much authority, power, adoration and fear, and there was nothing they could do about it.

Maybe sometimes they felt ashamed of themselves..for being so intimidated by Giwa Falade. So, maybe that's why they decide to prey on the more quiet girls....like me. Just to feed their dirty egos.

But now that Giwa was supossedly 'powerless', maybe they wanted to take full advantage of it. To fool themselves that they were more powerful than her.

Only God knows how far they were planning to take this madness.

In all honesty, a part of me still had a form of resentment towards her. Like she deserved all these...but a larger, more dominating part of me, debunked that so much. That part had me worried..so worried about her.

My heart was suddenly beating dangerously for Giwa. I wondered, desperately searching my mind for possible ways to stop what was about to unfold.

"Where do you think you're going so fast?" Kaniru stylishly stepped up amongst the guys, a mockful side smile on his dark face as he basically got all up in Giwa's face and ruffled her kinky braids.

I saw Giwa's jaw bone clench and I was certain that she grinded her teeth. That action certainly annoyed her. However, she clearly fought herself back from saying something back to him. All she did was stay there, mouth shut and dark eye contact with Kaniru never breaking.

It almost completely looked like she wasn't scared at all. But at a point, her eye contact started faltering and her blinking became more frequent. She was clearly scared and perhaps, trying to mask it all.

Oh, jeez..

Kaniru laughed in her face and Giwa's eyes shut immediately, fists tightening and I honestly prayed she wouldn't go ballistic. These boys were crazy. If she tried to defend herself, things may get too messy.

Instead of focusing on Kaniru, she let out a breath that I suppose she may have been holding since the confrontation and turned away from him,  facing JJ, who was still blocking the exit.

"Move." She told him, her voice firm and bold.

My God..she was so skilled at acting like she had everything under control...

It made me wonder how much more I may have missed out about her.

"Omo, she dey command oo!" Jagun amongst Kaniru's goons shouted in mockery.

"See mind oo. She still dey utter orders, fa?" Victor, still amongst them, laughed as well, causing laughs to be heard by some others, even around me.

"You really think you still call the shots around here, don't you, Your highness?" Kaniru taunted her.

Giwa didn't reply the fool.

She hissed, maybe in reflex, and attempted walking out on the boys by herself, aiming the exit that JJ was still blocking.

I saw how Kaniru's grin faded and a vile, viscious glare darkened his eyes. The next thing, he grabbed Giwa by the arm and dragged the girl back so rougly that if he wasn't still holding on to her, she may have just fallen to the ground.

I gasped audibly in shock and horror when he mercilessly slammed her to the wall, and a sneered lividly at her.

For the first time, Giwa looked scared. Like, it showed in her face. Eyes wide in shock and terror.

I wanted to help her. But Christ..what could I have done.
I couldn't fight Kaniru off. Not a chance. And I knew Giwa hated my guts. What if I go there and she harms me again?

I was trashing my classmates for being so scared of her when meanwhile, I was still terrified of her myself.

I couldn't go out there. I decided I needed help. Anyone who could help? Any reasonable guy? Any teacher? Anyone!

As I struggles to get out of the spectating crowd that was now compressing me, someone pushed me. Pushed me so hard that I fell...right into the scene where Kaniru now had a hand in a tight hold around Giwa's neck. He had been saying something to the girl who was struggling to breathe - something my mind that was in a state of panic had waded and tuned off some minutes ago, and as soon as I fell to the ground by them, I halted Kaniru's speaking.

In initial shock of my fall, he let go of Giwa who was crouching and coughing non-stop. She struggled to breathe and on the floor, I was, I honestly wanted to reach out to her.

I didn't know if that was a good idea. To me it felt like reaching out to a geninely helpless, suffering tiger. I was so uncertain..wondering if she wouldn't tear me to pieces if I dared to touch her.

Giwa's eyes met mine and I couldn't tell what was running through her mind as she watched me watch her in the state she was in....

My heart tore for her...yet, I couldn't do a thing.

Everything happened fast from there.

Chika Chioma and her clique bounced in, parting the crowd with teachers, marching behind them. As soon as she reached Giwa, she helped her up and walked with her snappily, pushing a pathethic JJ out of her way and storming out of the hallway with Giwa.

It didn't take time for the atmosphere to clear up as the teachers drove everyone away.

Each second, I had second thoughts to follow Giwa..to see if she was okay..but a  part of me held me back. A part of me kept telling me that was a very bad idea.

I didn't go after Giwa. After the coast was clear, I made my way out of the hallway.

I walked outside the Ss3 Block and once I got into the road, my mind drifted into countless thoughts.

About what had happened back there..

Needless to say, it was the sound of a blaring car horn that brought me back to earth.

I turned back swiftly, realising I wasn't on the side walk, but on the main rode itself..walking infront of a long line of cars, trailing behind each other slowly.

Woah.

I got out of the way quickly amd all the lines of cars came to average spped as they drove off, each one carefully following the one in front of it.

I understood what was happening immediately.

Shade Onam.

I guessed she was about leaving the school. Those fleet of cars usually escorted, behind and in front of her limo.

Her limo...the white coloured,  million dollar limosine, that no one had gotten used to yet.

It just stopped beside me.

I halted.

One of the black monochrome glass windows whined down slowly to reveal Shade's big green eyes peering at me.

"Come in." She gestured with her hands, face filled with worry, as the doors slid open for me.

My brows raised. I can bet on my life that Madam K was in there. Did she really let Shade stop the limo for her friend to come in.

"Prissy, come in." Shade said again, and I was quick to oblige this time.

I stepped into the air conditioned paradise in Shade's limo and the doors slid shut.

I have only ever been in Shade's limo once, so I wasn't used to how 'wow' it was. It looked like a freaking house in here. The fancy lights, gold and yellow that illuminated all around the place.

From the inside, it was almost hard to believe it was still afternoon outside. I sat right next to Shade on the fancy seats that looked like expensive italian sofas'.

Madam K close to her side, and way too many body guards standing tall and huge - or rather, sitting, around us all.

"Good evening, ma." I greeted Madam K.

The light skinned lady only glanced at me and made a 'hmph' sound, before looking away and leaving me unanswered.

Umm..ouch..but okay..

The limo started moving again and I immediately told Shade.

"I'm not going home."

She laughed. "Oh, I know. You're going to the school's main building, ba?"

I nodded.

"Good, now before we reach there, can you tell me what on earth you were thinking about that's making me walk like you're depressed?" Shade inquired.

I laughed a little, then signalled towards Madam K who was still flipping through the pages of Style magazine, non-challantly.

Shade waved it off dismissively. "She's not listening to us. Trust me."

She just said that out loud.

Did Madam K hear!?

"So? What happened?" Shade asked me, eyes lighted in curiosity.

I sighed, giving Madam K one last look, before focusing back on Shade.

"It's Giwa..some boys were just bullying her in block some minutes ago..and if not for teachers, they may have even beaten her_,"

Shade cut me off immediately.

"The fuck?" She exclaimed.

"It was really bad." I told her.

"And you watched, Prissy?" Shade said, raising a brow to ask for a confirmation.

"What could I have done? Gone there to fight over five boys?" I answered.

Shade sighed, face palming in realisation that there was actually nothing I could have done.

"Our classmates are just so mean." She said.

Tell me something I don't know.

"To be honest..I wish everyone could just take a chill pill. This is all so unnecessary." She was saying.

The way Shade seemed so bothered about Giwa..

"I didn't think you'd still want to be friends with Giwa after..well..everything." I voiced out.

Shade looked at me, lips paused for a moment.

"Actually, I don't." She admitted.

Really?

"I'm not the least bit interested in being Giwa's friend anymore but please, the girl actually needs a break. She is a human being for God's sake and everyone needs to just cut her some slack!" Shade said.

"Even if I'm not digging the idea of being her 'friend'..," Shade air quoted the word 'friend',"..I still will try my best to help her, especially at this time. She can't be alone. No one deserves that."

..In all honesty, Giwa didn't deserve to be treated this way. Absolutely no one did.

"And Prissy?"

Shade got back my attention.

"If I'm being honest with you..I really don't fully support the fact that you had to pretend to like Giwa all these while when you had issues with her within."

What she said set me off balance.

....pretend to like Giwa all these while?

"I'm not taking sides or anything and I understand you were hurt, but..that.. that wasn't exactly fair on her path." Shade lectured me still.

Was that how she saw it?

Really?

"I understand that you_"

I cut her off. "No."

She stopped talking, pausing halfway in mid sentence.

"You don't understand." I deadpanned.

"What?" Shade asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I said you don't understand. How can you understand? When you've never in your life tasted the life of an outcast? Tell me how you can ever understand it?" I said to Shade, almost sounding like I was attacking her.

"Prissy!" She exclaimed, gathering the unwanted attention of the guards around.

Why was I really attacking Shade for this?

I couldn't have expected her to fully understand what I truly felt towards Giwa..she hadn't ever been put in that kind of devastating situation..

"Shade, I don't hate Giwa. As much as it sounds shocking, I never really hated her. Infact, my feeling of resentment truly had nothing to do with Giwa. The person I truly detested was myself." I admitted.

Shade looked even more confused. I sighed.

"I hated myself for having to change to someone I wasn't. I hated myself for having to stay in such a toxic relationship, just to gain approval. I hated how low I had to stoop. I hated myself for placing someone's happiness above mine and hated the fact I didn't have my self worth. I hated the way I was living. Hated my entire life....,"

I stopped talking there, looking away from Shade, trying to find it in me to admit the next part. Shade's eyes never left mine.

"...I blamed Giwa for it. I blamed her for how she made me feel towards myself and towards my entire life."

When I looked back to Shade, her confusion was cleared up.

"Ofcourse, there was resentment, but truly it was for myself. I misdirected it to Giwa..since I felt she was the cause of my self hate." I elaborated.

"So, I hated seeing her..even after she stopped in Ss1, every time I saw her, it reminded me of how much I hated myself and how much I had to go through in the past because of her. She reminded me of how I had to change myself to something I wasn't. That got me in a fucked up mood all the time." I said.

"Prissy, you could have just left. Why torture yourself in the friendship then?" Shade asked me.

"Well, Giwa started liking me..and in turn, I thought she wasn't that bad of a person. I thought I may had misread her. Giwa slowly started to actually become 'a friend' to me, but that didn't change the fact that everytime I saw her, a part of me...died."

Shade's eyes saddened as she looked at me.

"Woah." Was her only comment.

"I felt it was wrong to just dump her especially since she was becoming a good friend. So, I stayed. Staying in that relationship was killing me slowly, but I stayed....,"

..just like my forbidden relationship with Yure. Staying in it was killing me slowly..yet, I stayed...

I shouldn't have. I shouldn't have to stay in anything that deatroys me as a person.

"..Upon all that, I tried my best to put up with Giwa. Ofcourse, we both know how Giwa is, even to her friends. Yet, I stayed..because I thought she wasn't a totally horrible person. I could see that there was good in her.  So, I thought I could do it. Thought I could eventually move past her oppressive nature..and in turn, forget the past. Make peace with myself and with her, within me.."

I nearly shivered...looking away from Shade once again, as I recalled what caused me to realise that all my feelings towards Giwa was vain.

"..but Shade, that day Giwa confronted you and blamed you for that text..that day she lashed out on you and Nova..I couldn't even see that trace of good in her anymore. I saw the old Giwa. The one I learnt off initially. The one that didn't give a shit about anyone else, but herself. The one that could go out of her way to make you feel like shit. The one that made me feel like I shouldn't ever have been born. Made me feel cursed. Useless. Worthless..,"

"Prissy.." Shade was saying, and I felt her hand on my shoulder.

I turned silmutaneously with her touch, looking at her eye to eye.

"Shade, that's not even what scared the most that day." I admitted.

Her eyes grew wide, wondering what I was about to confide in her about.

"The scariest part was when I saw that look..that livid sneer and wickedness in her eyes. That wickedness I had forced myself all these years to believe wasn't there anymore. That dark, viscious look that harboured deep hate and resentment..I had forced myself to believe Giwa didn't still have that in her. I had refused to believe it was still there.." I was telling Shade.

Her hands squeezed gently on my shoulder, trying to calm me down. I was shaking at that point. Chills, running through me, and the hairs around my body, standing at attention at the mere thought of the girl we were talking about.

"Shade.." I called her, and she nodded, answering a yes?

"There and then..that's when I realised..," I had to pause to swallow my saliva at the hard truth I was about to admit.

"..Giwa Falade hadn't changed one bit."

Who else believes that?😪
Well, one step at a time.

And chill, I'm not supposed to say this but...(😂)
Y'all know this 'JJ' idiot, ba? Welllllllll .... He is a somewhat major character in my next book 'Too many broken things' that is coming up next year (and yes, he's even more of a jerk😂)

So, basically (I'm still not supposed to be saying this, but, in TMBT, the timeline is just the same with TLT, except it's not about Giwa them, but you'll get to meet our main character and fall in love with her😍) Characters like Chika Chioma (who saved Giwa), Soma (the Bell ringer) as well as Aaron and Casper are MAJOR characters in TMBT😍😍 Can't wait to introduce you to their own dose of drama❤️❤️

On side note, I hate guys who abuse girls..like Kaniru and JJ..and I truly believe they're cowards. Every guy who hits a lady is a coward and no girl should be subjected to that.And you rarely even see them fighting or beating up other guys...unless the guys are smaller or clearly weaker. Jerks.

Also, about Prissy, I had to have this whole ass chapter in her POV, so you could understand her feelings towards Giwa. From that chapter, a lot of comments understood her point of view and some others believed she shouldn't have been holding a grudge. So, this chapter was made to clarify that in cases like this...it isn't a matter of holding a grudge..it is simply trauma.

If you have been in a similar situation, you don't see yourself ever forgetting it happened. It's not like you are still maliceful.. everything connected to it triggers you because you're traumatised..you feel me?

Okay, okay, battery is 3% as we speak so it's buh bye for now❤️

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

7.8K 1.3K 10
~ SEQUEL TO TOO MANY BROKEN THINGS ~ The beginning of the new school term is far from anticipated when a number of final year students are planning t...
44.4K 4.2K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me πŸ˜‰ *There wi...
RESOLVE Per Goodness Woke

Literatura romΓ ntica

23.1K 3.4K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...