once we met | derek morgan. ✓

By MatthewGrayGoobles

derek morgan fanfiction. julianna mae hotchner, the daughter of ssa aaron hotchner, starts her first day as a... More

prologue!
1 : first day
2 : coffee order
3 : feelings
5 : divorce
6 : road trips
7 : the cemetery
8 : history
9 : the arrest.
10 : escape.
11 : jealousy.
12 : explanations.
13 : honesty.
14 : arguments.
15 : elle.
16 : texas.
17 : hospital.
18 : dinner party
19 : morning sickness.
20 : reactions.
21 : decisions.
22 : pain.
23 : anesthesia.
24 : bottoming out
25 : speechless.
26 : interruptions
27 : cell phone.
28 : lucky charm bracelet.
29 : move in
30 : anniversary
31 : marry me?
32 : new york.
33 : explosions.
34 : together.
35 : target.
36 : aftermath.
37 : thanksgiving.
38 : torture
39 : take on the world.
40 : christmas.
epilogue!
announcement!

4 : the bar

14.1K 264 215
By MatthewGrayGoobles

d e r e k

As we walk into the building of the Bureau, the team bursts into sudden chatter.

Luke turns to Hotch, "Hotch, you joining us for drinks tonight?" He asks.

"I don't think I can." He says, shaking his head slowly, looking at the ground and then up to Jules.

Jules' facial expression changes. The smile on her face fades into a sudden frown as her hands curl into balls of fists, hitting the side of her side slowly.

Is something wrong?

"That's okay. Maybe next time." Elle pipes up, trying to change the mood.

Hotch nods in agreement as the elevator bell dings, leading the team to the huge doors of the bullpen.

•••

I get in my car, watching as Jules climbs into the car next to mine.

I quickly pull out my phone, going to my messages and finding the number that Jules gave me while working the case.

To Jules:
Hey. Do you want a ride to the bar after you finish getting ready?

I place my phone down, slowly glancing out the passenger window as I see Jules smile at the text I just sent.

That damned smile.

From Jules:
I'd love that.

I grin as we both look up, our eyes meeting through our car windows. Her gaze holds mine briefly before I break eye contact, looking down at my phone before quickly tapping on the keyboard.

To Jules:
I'll be at your apartment at 8.

From Jules:
It's a date.

I smile out the passenger window as she looks up from reading the text, giving me a small nod in approval before I pull out of my parking lot.

•••

I pull into my parking spot at my apartment complex.

It's a date. Those were her exact words. Did she mean it though?

Thoughts flood into my mind as I try to picture Jules and I tonight, dancing on the dance floor of the club as the rest of the team laughs.

I get inside the apartment complex, heading straight for my room.

I need to wear something that will make Jules fall in love with me overnight. Something that will stand out to her and her only.

Hotch will kill me if he finds out that I have feelings for Jules, but I'll risk it all. I want Jules, and Jules only.

I grab some nicely folded dress pants out of my dresser, pairing it with a white button up shirt. I examine myself in the mirror, looking carefully at what I can do to make myself look even better.

I glance down at my shirt, tucking it into the dress pants and unbuttoning the first three buttons to expose my upper chest.

Perfect. I think to myself before heading over to the shoe rack in my closet, slipping on the nicest dress shoes I can find.

My phone begins to buzz on my bed as I head over to check who it is.

From Jules:
What are you wearing tonight?

I chuckle at the message, always so curious.

To Jules:
That's a surprise.

I send the message, chuckling as I grab my keys and heading downstairs to get in the car.

The drive to Jules' place is short, it's only about a ten minute drive. The apartment building is small. The bricks on the walls are lined perfectly, the maroon doors matching them.

To Jules:
I'm out front. You ready?

I send the message as I nervously exhale.

From Jules:
I'm on my way down now.

I smile at the message, looking up through the windshield. I get out of the car slowly as I see her open the door.

She looks stunning.

I take in a second to admire her appearance. She's wearing a tight, silky, black dress that clings to her sides and stops mid-thigh.

"Woah." I manage to say. I'm speechless, she looks amazing.

"Woah yourself." She giggles, her eyes raking up and down my body as she does.

I open the car door for her as she slips inside, a slight smile escaping onto her lips as I close it.

•••

We pull up to the bar, greeted by Luke and Reid.

"Hey guys! You made it!" Reid calls out, pulling Jules into a tight hug.

"You guys came together?" Luke asks, a slight smirk on his face as he glances between Jules and I.

Jules lets out a giggle, "Get your head out of the gutter. We're just friends."

We're just friends. The words ring through my mind, a slight frown slipping onto my lips.

Jules looks over to me as I clear my throat, nodding in agreement.

The four of us head inside, greeted by the rest of the team.

"I thought you couldn't be here." I say, turning to Hotch who's already finished with four bottles of beer.

"Yeah, well so did I." He says, finishing off his fifth one.

"Dad, are you okay?" Jules asks, a bit of worry in her tone.

He turns to her, a light drunken chuckle escaping from him.

He nods sarcastically, "I'm great."

"Dad, let me take you home." She says, grabbing his coat.

He shakes his head, "No. I wanna stay here, have fun with the team." He says, grasping his coat out of Jules' hands and tossing it on the stool beside him.

I have never seen Hotch this drunk before. What the hell is going on?

Jules scoffs, "What is going on with you?" She asks in disbelief.

"We'll talk about it later." He says sternly, glaring at Jules as she nods, turning away on her heels.

Why is Hotch acting like this?

I shake my head, erasing the image of what just happened out of my mind.

I order a beer as I glance over at Jules, who's dancing on the dance floor with Luke, her body grinding against his.

My cheeks flush before burning up, jealousy rising inside of me.

I stand up hesitantly, wanting to head over to Jules and dance with her.

Jules glances over to me, smiling as I take another sip of my beer.

"Hey stranger." Another female voice calls out, her hand running along my bicep.

"Oh. Hey Elle." I mumble, not wanting to deal with her right now.

"You wanna dance?" She asks, her eyes longing but fierce.

Not with you.

"Sure, why not." I groan as I finish the last of my beer.

Elle grasps my hand, pulling me onto the dance floor.

"You look nice tonight." She says, her voice getting louder over the music.

"Thanks." I say, not wanting to return the compliment because I know Jules can hear us and I don't want her to think I'm interested in Elle.

Elle turns around, her body grinding against mine to the music as she wraps her arms around my neck.

I sway to the music, glancing over to Jules.

She's smiling and laughing with Luke as they both sway to the beat of the music.

•••

As Elle and I climb off the dance floor, we make our way to the table where the team is sitting.

I glance over to Rossi, who's currently dragging Hotch out of the bar.

He finds Jules halfway, whispering something in her ear as she nods in understanding.

As Hotch walks out of the bar, a frown escapes onto her lips.

I ditch Elle at the table, finding my way through the crowded to get to Jules.

"Hey, you wanna get out of here?" I ask.

"Uh- I just...I need a moment." She says, her breath shaky.

"Are you okay?" I ask curiously as she turns on her heels, walking away slowly.

I follow after her, picking up my pace to catch up to her.

"Jules." I call out after her, but she just ignores me.

"Jules, what's wrong?" I ask, following her down the hall to the bathroom.

What the hell is happening?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 159 14
[ONGOING] "Amelia. I need you. To tell me. To stop.." When Aaron Hotchner the unit chief of the behavioral analysis unit of the fbi is forced to add...
45.2K 1.2K 35
𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙖 𝙢𝙪𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙧. 𝘼𝙣 𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙩. 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣�...
442K 11K 35
"Dating? Do you mean dating us both at the same time?" "I mean, it isn't the worst idea..." In which y/n is faced with a choice she's not quite ready...
158K 3K 39
On her 29th birthday, Eliza Carlisle meets one SSA Aaron Hotchner. The catch? Eliza happens to be Emily Prentiss' beautiful, rich, learned younger si...