Saints (SAINTS #1) | ✓

By vividlycrimson18

"What do you mean I'm stuck with the seven deadly sins? I'm a saint!" "You've been about seven minutes in hel... More

prelude
prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
51
52
53
54

50

7.2K 513 199
By vividlycrimson18

THOUGH JASMINA HONESTLY HAD had no part in knocking Alan out, people still glanced at her with wide eyes as Azriel tapped his hand against Alan's cheek to wake him up. When he didn't, her new husband easily threw him over his shoulder, not looking that bothered as he walked up to them. The sins were all standing still, watching him near with sheepish expressions, like children waiting to get punished. Jasmina could easily see Azriel wasn't annoyed though, sincerity seeping in his usual charming smile as he looked at her.

"Jesus, that man is beautiful, who is he?"

"Do you think Jasmina hired him to take down Alan?"

Jasmina slowly turned to look over her shoulder at the crowd, her eyes wandering across the students.

"Do you really want to find out?" she smiled.

That shut them up immediately. She was about to look back at Azriel when he took her chin in his hand and gently tugged, already in front of her. With a raised eyebrow she locked eyes with him, amusement glittering in his eyes like stars.

"I didn't do anything weird, I promise," he said.

"I know," she chuckled," Alan can be a bit dramatic."

Surprise flashed through his eyes, like being trusted so easily was something he wasn't used to at all. It quickly disappeared though, making way for something warmer. He always had that look when he focused on her, like she was the only thing in the world that mattered - she had a fond spot in her heart for that expression.

"So," Azriel drawled as he looked at the sins," what's going on here?"

"Just a volleybal game," Jasmina replied, stepping back and following his gaze.

"Exciting," Azriel smirked, eyes sparking," what do you think, my queen, shall I join?"

She could tell easily from the expressions of the sins that the thought of their immortal boss joining their aggressive game didn't excite them, so she shook her head. If it was going like this, then she might as well throw everything around.

"You can throw a ball another time," she said," we can already get started on what I was planning before."

"Thought you wanted to attend school," Azriel remarked.

"Change of plans," she said, extending her hand towards the sins," do you all want to come with?"

"For another of your plans?" Ira said, before adding with a grin," do you even need to ask?"

Daichi flashed her a happy smile as well as he nodded, only Victor looking apprehensive, but to be honest that was how he looked most of the time anyway. The teacher only dared to speak up at that moment, a mix of surprise and confusion on his face as he held up his hand.

"Wait," he said," you can't leave, class is still ongoing." He peered around at Alan, eyes widening. "And is that Lewis on that man's shoulder?"

"Did that mortal just call me that man?" Azriel blinked.

Jasmina didn't bother to reply to either of them, instead walking away and tugging at Azriel's hand. He understood what she meant without her even saying it, waving his hand boredly and letting time freeze. With a jerk of his head towards the school the sins started to follow, all way more docile now he was there. It was almost funny to see.

"So," Azriel said, taking a place beside her and tipping his head so she could look him straight in the eyes," are you planning to tell me what we're going to do yet?"

She glanced at him, a small smile tugging at her lips as she tapped her head. He frowned, but a second later his eyes cleared up, his hand grazing against her cheek and wisps of mist dancing around his fingers. It wasn't often she would share thoughts so openly with someone, but he had already heard everything, so she wasn't that stressed about it.

"So that," she said once he let her go and they continued walking.

"You know you're amazing," he said.

"I know, darling," she smiled.

Just when she was about to head towards her car Azriel raised his hand and pulled her closer, causing all of them to disappear at once. The word tumbled around her as she was pressed to his chest, her dissatisfaction about the sudden teleportation rising, but when she fell to her knees on her bed she supposed it was at least fast. Azriel was lying underneath her, no one else in the room beside them as he stared up at her, a lazy smile on his face.

"Where'd you teleport the others?" she asked.

"Different rooms," he drawled, placing his arms underneath his head," at least we now have some time together."

"You're acting like we don't see each other every other day," she said with a roll of her eyes, bending down to place a fluttery kiss on his lips before she got off," but we need to go now."

"To where?" Azriel frowned.

"There's a charity event tonight," she said as she walked towards the door leading to her closet," the one I told you about when you read my thoughts."

"Ah, right," Azriel said as he got in a sitting position, his eyes following her," the one that scumbag father is attending tonight."

"Along with mine," she smiled," so if you play nice you can even meet the parents tonight."

"We both know playing nice won't get me anywhere with your parents," he grinned, before adding," and don't you know? I'm the ideal son-in-law."

"Devils always are," she said as she walked in her closet, fingers grazing across the dresses on her right," though you'll have to wait until the end of the night to make that impression on them."

"And why is that?" he called out to her from her room.

"That's a part of the plan I didn't tell you about yet," she said, voice sugary sweet," I have to pretend to be Alan's date to deceive his father in the beginning."

"You what?"

"I said -" she began as she took a red dress in her hands.

Azriel was in front of her before she got to finish her sentence, arms on either side of her on the wall as he leaned forward, eyes a broody black.

"Jasmina -" he said, but she interrupted him this time with a peck on his lips, causing his mood to lift immediately.

"Nothing's going to happen between us," she promised," if his fear for me isn't enough, I'm sure meeting you helped with him not kissing me again at least."

"But he'll fall more in love with you," Azriel said, voice rising a bit as he shook his head," what if -"

She hooked her arms around his neck, pulling him closer and smiling against his cheek.

"You trust me, right?" she murmured.

"Of course," he said without skipping a beat.

"Then anyone who hurt you in the past doesn't matter now," she said," I'm not them." She looked him in the eyes. "That's what this is about, isn't it? You thinking I'll leave, like Michael and the others?"

Azriel's voice was barely a whisper when he spoke, long eyelashes crowning his softly brown eyes as he looked at her, as if speaking louder than that would scatter the pieces of his heart like glass dandelions.

"There's always someone better than me," he said," someone purer, someone kinder. I was no good at being an angel nor am I now at leading hell, how am I good enough for you?"

The vulnerability underneath his usual confidence was far more gentle than she was used to from him, but she didn't hesitate with her answer anyway.

"I don't need someone else," she said," for me, the person that's better is you. We both know I wouldn't settle for anything, Azriel, so what makes you think anyone can compare to you?"

"Fuck," Azriel blurted out, taking a step back and evading his gaze," I'm sorry, but you're making me blush. Don't look at me right now."

She squeezed his cheeks in her hand, turning him towards her and smiling at the sight of him.

"Do you want to choose my dress?" she said as she let him go.

"Whichever one I want?" he said, eyes widening with interest.

She nodded and he immediately walked towards her racks of dresses, waving a hand and letting several float in the air in front of him. While he was doing so she walked towards the other rooms, finding the sins quickly so she could tell them their respective tasks. Alan was in her guest room, just waking up as she entered. With a chuckle she leaned against the doorframe, a suit resting on her arm which she had Lucy make with a wave of her hand.

"For tonight," she said," try not to run from my fiancé then."

"He's scary as hell," Alan frowned.

If only he knew.

"Anyway," she said as she placed the suit on his bed," I'm going to be your date to the charity event tonight."

Alan immediately stopped groaning, eyes focusing on her as his lips parted.

"What?" he stammered," what about -" The realization dawned on him then. "Is this part of your plan?"

"Yes," she said as she smoothed the wrinkles out of the blazer with a hand," I'll take care of it."

"Thank you," he said, voice quiet and gaze trained on the floor.

"You don't need to thank me, Alan," she said with a glance towards him," this should never have happened to you."

He didn't say anything as she walked towards the door, but right before she left he did speak, his words hanging in the air.

"I'll always love you, Jasmina."

She didn't reply.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 10K 44
#3 love- Wed, 3 Apr (2024) #1 yanderefanfic- Thu, 8 Feb (2024) #1 insanity- Sun, 28 Jan (2024) #1 obsessed - Thu, 15 Jun (2023) #3 crazy- Sun, 9 Jul...
2.6K 136 6
🏴‍☠️🦜🌊 ── 𝗼𝗽 𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗺𝗲 ┊ (𝚟𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 ) a. ⸙;; ❝ 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗: ##. 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎 𝚏𝚊...
64.7K 1.5K 34
What happen when Lucy Bronze come back to Lyon for a preseason tournament with Barça and see the new Lyon young player that blocked her after she tra...
127K 4.4K 14
in which a girl texts the wrong number and gets a response.